PDA

View Full Version : Jun 22 2009 - Antic Arena - Vienne, FR

Emma
06-20-2009, 05:34 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

Ezekhiel
06-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm going ! But I won't be back until tuesday evening and I don't have an i-phone, so don't bash me if I don't post immediately after the show !

Maniac Master
06-21-2009, 05:25 PM
take the time you need, every single information is appreciated. even some days later. ;)

have fun!

Ich_Bin_Du
06-22-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm going ! But I won't be back until tuesday evening and I don't have an i-phone, so don't bash me if I don't post immediately after the show !

Have fun!

....and give us much information about the show. :P

gd'oh'lord
06-22-2009, 11:40 PM
I found this over at Babalon. It's a collection of clips, with actual audio from the concert in the middle section:

[youtube:3qrrow79]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j65JprWYk1k[/youtube:3qrrow79]

Ezekhiel
06-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Set-List Vienne :
Intro
1. Four Rusted Horses (Opening Titles Version)
2. Pretty As A Swastika
3. Disposable Teens
4. Irresponsible Hate Anthem
5. The Love Song
6. Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin-Geddon
7. Leave A Scar
8. Great Big White World
9. The Dope Show
10. WOW
11. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
12. Rock 'n Roll Nigger

Encore
13. If I Was Your Vampire
14. The Beautiful People

First thing I learned when arriving was that the show was sold out, which was very good news (last tickets were sold the week before the show). So after dropping my bag at the hotel I headed to the antic theater entrance and waited about 3 hours with a bunch of friendly Goths. We heard sound-check around 5:30 (Dope Show & Rock Is Dead). They let us inside around 6:45.

The opening band was a French metal band called PMT. They started at 8:15 and did a decent show, warming the pit for Manson.

At 9 PM the crew started to set up the stage for Manson. At that time, I had bought a shirt (the THEOL cover one for girls) and made my way into the pit, a few meters from the stage, in front of Twiggy’s mic. We got “blessed” with Helter Skelter, then the Lady GaGa remix, and then the show started.

For Rusted Horses and Pretty As A Swastika both drew good crowd reaction, but the pit really went crazy with Disposable Teens, Irresponsible Hate Anthem and Love Song. Where I was we were all screaming and singing along, until the end of the show. I was pleasantly surprised with Manson voice, which sounded really good, and he was totally into it, playing with the front row a lot (there was NO space between the front row and the stage).

Then Arma**ggeddon was played, and Manson still needs to work on that one, he was having a hard time keeping up with the rhythm, and he needs to drop the ETC paper sheets imo. Leave A Scar was next, with good response from the pit.

Great Big White World with the white box was one of the highlights of the show, followed by The Dope Show, everyone was singing along. Wow also was welcomed, which surprised me, and this time I couldn’t complain about Manson on that one, it was good.

Sweet Dreams / Rock N Roll Nigger next, with the usual switch between Manson and Twiggy. While Manson pretended to play, Twiggy was singing Rock….. And…… Roll……… NIGGER ! Then Nigger – Nigger – Nigger – Nigger… Funny as always. But when Manson wanted to give him the guitar back, Twiggy was looking away and didn’t see him, so Steve came to take the guitar and Manson wouldn’t give it to him. Twiggy eventually get the guitar back, but forget the pick so Manson called him back and showed him the pick in a funny precious way and Twiggy had a gracious gesture with his hand so that Manson could drop the pick in his palm. That was priceless.

Then we had a few minutes break during which the crew set up the stage for If I was your Vampire. Manson had the knife mic for that one. And then the show ended with The Beautiful People. With the right lyrics (no fuck you people for us !).

So 14 songs, 75 minutes approx.

As a conclusion I’ll just say that I really enjoyed the show, I spent the entire show screaming and singing along, watching Twiggy play. The band was fantastic, and Manson was in great form. His voice was overall good and he put a lot of energy in the performance. It was definitely worth the trip from Paris. I would have loved 2 or 3 more songs, but I think we’ll have to wait for the second part of the tour for that.

Ezekhiel
06-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Best videos of the tour so far :
http://www.youtube.com/user/Messgang
http://www.youtube.com/user/mecchoque

Go watch !

gd'oh'lord
06-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the review, Ezekhiel! Love the detail, much appreciated.

I love the way Rock n' Roll Nigger is being performed these days, with Twiggy getting on the mic and having fun with it. I hope I actually get to see that live for myself.

Off to watch the vids now.

Edit: Yup, loving RnRN again (once the camera is focused, it's great!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fc2WnubkVI

The Empirical Guy
06-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the links Ezekhiel, those vids are great. Like the first one, good to Ginger getting some video love at the start there.

They do indeed seem to be improving as the tour goes on.

Para-Noir
06-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Thanks a lot for the review & vids

Maniac Master
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
yay, glad to hear you had fun. :)
thanks for the review.

ikkedylandus
06-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Woow Very Nice Vids!!

Over neath Man
07-23-2014, 07:30 AM
Are there any vids of this show that include songs after WoW? This was a great show! I'd forgotten how much I loved Leave A Scar since it was first released. The song always reminded me of something derivative of what Guns and Roses could've and should've sounded like; esp. As it has the same feel as Sweet Child of Mine, IMO.