PDA

View Full Version : Jul 10 2009 - Sleep Train Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Emma
06-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

javi9446
06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm going! I haven't gotten my ticket yet, I don't know why. People need to visit the tour forum more often.

Hazekiah
06-30-2009, 01:06 AM
You should have it soon, if you didn't get yours today like I did.

I can understand the delay, too...the Mayhem 3D tickets are awesome!!! They actually look more like passes and seem like you're meant to wear them around your neck the same way.

I was expecting some cheap-o hologram on a normal ticket or something. Nice surprise.

:)

javi9446
06-30-2009, 01:35 PM
You should have it soon, if you didn't get yours today like I did.

I can understand the delay, too...the Mayhem 3D tickets are awesome!!! They actually look more like passes and seem like you're meant to wear them around your neck the same way.

I was expecting some cheap-o hologram on a normal ticket or something. Nice surprise.

:)

Yeah I got them earlier today too!! I'm totally wearing mine around my neck. I'm really excited. I got pit tickets but mine says: Sect: Floor. Row:G02. Seat: 65

That doesn't mean anything right?

Hazekiah
06-30-2009, 03:57 PM
No, that's just how they keep track of pit tickets so they don't oversell and overcrowd the area. Mine says the same thing. Except it's G01, Seat 5...15 FTW!!!

And I'd still recommend pocketing your ticket, though. That punch-out necklace-tab looks pretty breakable, and it could easily snap off in the pit or something.

javi9446
07-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Haha I'm looking forward to seeing you there. When you feel someone slap your ass in the pit you'll know it's me :)

Hazekiah
07-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Okay.

Now I'm gonna be all self-conscious that I haven't been on a bike in two years!!!

I get ass-slaps all the time, man. Go for it.

javi9446
07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Haha for sure man.

javi9446
07-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm about to leave to California right now!!! I'm so fucken pumped! :P :) :D

Dante Dellamorte
07-09-2009, 03:43 AM
I hope that the fact that he's back to the USA, and he's in cooperation (rivalry) with another band will help him cope with himself and his music more.
So, eventually, I hope that the previous shows were something like a reharsal, starting by the setlist, that seemed made without a clue, with the usual songs, the usual stuff, the usual etcetera. Anyway, his shows are improving recently so I think he stands a chance.

sp1nat
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey, is it the first date of North American part of the tour?
Hope, it will be interesting changes in setlist or something...

javi9446
07-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm at my motel right now waiting to see Manson in a few hours!!! I'll get to see Haz too. I didn't bring my camera though so that's a bummer.

Maniac Master
07-10-2009, 08:43 AM
good luck everybody!
have fun and bring us the setlist and lots of pictures! :)

Sputnik
07-10-2009, 09:04 AM
yey! enjoy the show guys!

thousand_kisses
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
anyone know how thorough of a search you get at this venue? would like to bring my camera....

rararoxsox
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Talked to Haz earlier today to give him updates about the NIN shows...at noon he was already stoked about getting into the pit...

...lucky bastard.

;P

rararoxsox
07-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't know if I'm allowed to do this or not...but these are the updates from Haz on the show.

I'll just keep editing this post instead of multi-posting over and over again. And if it's not alright, please delete asap.

"On the P.A....

David Bowie

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead

The Beatles - Helter Skelter

Lady Gaga - LoveGame (Remix featuring Marilyn Manson)"

SETLIST

We're From America

Disposable Teens

Little Horn

<<helmet and flag>>

Irresponsible Hate Anthem

Four Rusted Horses<<with confetti>>

Arma-GDMF-geddon

The Dope Show

Rock Is Dead

Leave A Scar

Sweet Dreams

The Beautiful People<<MM crotched MechanicalZack's cell, threw it away, got it back>>

Shoot to Thrill

CUT AND SCENE, MOTHERFUCKERS!!! \m/

vht
07-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Great to see some variation in the setlist from the European tour. Especially Little Horn!

rararoxsox
07-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Son of a bitch...way to make us all jealous.

Haz is sitting on a tour bus right now with a band I won't name (I'll let him do it later when he posts on here) having a good ol' fucking time.

javi9446
07-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I was in the pit right next to haz!! I called his name but he didn't hear me. LOL that was mechanical zachs phone? I saw some of my favorite bands today, by far the best concert of my life.

Enki
07-11-2009, 03:00 AM
...the Mayhem 3D tickets are awesome!!! ...

can anyone upload the photo of the ticket, please?...

Dante Dellamorte
07-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Ehm shoot to thrill?

Para-Noir
07-11-2009, 03:52 AM
Shoot to Thrill? As in AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill??

So now they are opening with WFA? That's pretty cool, seems like a good opener.
Did they also play RNR Nigger?

DecayingSinner
07-11-2009, 04:30 AM
No Pretty as a Swastika? Or Wow? Or GBWW? And if they actually don't play sweet dreams I will be thrilled.

Ezekhiel
07-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Great setlist, can't wait for pics and vids...

Dante Dellamorte
07-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Instead of removing the dope show and disposable teens they remove swastika and gbbw?
Come on.

Cringeon
07-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Sad to see him still forcing everyone to sit through covers. They are so played out that they aren't even interesting live at this point. He should really opt for his originals - they are FAR more enjoyable.

Glad to see Little Horn though - it's refreshing to hear an oldie that hasn't been played their entire career

Ich_Bin_Du
07-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Great to see "Little Horn" on the setlist! :D But I miss "Great Big White World", I really like this white box and his voice sounds great when he sings it live. I don't miss "Wow", I don't really like it, especially live.

thousand_kisses
07-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Getty images has some photos

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Searc ... &src=quick (http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=Marilyn%20Manson&assetType=image&src=quick)

Para-Noir
07-11-2009, 06:34 AM
They will probably change the setlist every few nights, I'm sure they will keep playing GBWW, Swastika and WOW

Thanks for the pics

Ezekhiel
07-11-2009, 07:37 AM
LOL at Getty thinking Andy is Twiggy Ramirez because he plays bass...

Sputnik
07-11-2009, 07:46 AM
LOL at Getty thinking Andy is Twiggy Ramirez because he plays bass...
XD yeah noticed that 2

Leanne
07-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Thats cool they played 'Little Horn'. Love the pictures, gettyimages always gets the names wrong.

Comments from Mayhem Festival message board

http://mayhemfest.com/forums/comments.p ... e=1#Item_0 (http://mayhemfest.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=17095&page=1#Item_0)

thousand_kisses
07-11-2009, 08:34 AM
i will hopefully have some pics from this show -- looking at them on my camera, looks like i got some good ones. but i won't be able to tell until i get home and hopefully find my USB cable for the camera so i can get them on my computer and sort out better what's good and what's not.

Para-Noir
07-11-2009, 09:11 AM
i will hopefully have some pics from this show -- looking at them on my camera, looks like i got some good ones. but i won't be able to tell until i get home and hopefully find my USB cable for the camera so i can get them on my computer and sort out better what's good and what's not.

So you were there! How was the concert? Did they play Shoot to Thrill live or was it played over the PA?

thousand_kisses
07-11-2009, 09:49 AM
[quote="thousand_kisses":34bfyy01]i will hopefully have some pics from this show -- looking at them on my camera, looks like i got some good ones. but i won't be able to tell until i get home and hopefully find my USB cable for the camera so i can get them on my computer and sort out better what's good and what's not.

So you were there! How was the concert? Did they play Shoot to Thrill live or was it played over the PA?[/quote:34bfyy01]

had to have been over the PA...unless i missed something. i left just as TBP was ending, and as far as i know, that was it.

the show was good, manson definitely sounded better than he did in the EU, and the band was solid. And you know how destructive manson can be on stage, at one point -- i think it was during The Dope Show, he knocked over one of those...well, it's like a standing stage light or camera, not sure. anyway, he pushed it over and it came inches from hitting Twiggy. He was visibly pissed, stopped playing and went and sat over on the keyboard riser. He started strumming his guitar but i think he was just fucking off, he wasn't playing the song. I don't blame him for being pissed, that shit could have done some serious damage had it connected with his head.

Let's see....was the set list already posted here? didn't go back and look. But they opened with We're From America, then Disposable Teens....Irresponsible Hate Anthem after that? I suck at remembering set lists. Noticeably absent was "Pretty Like A Swastika" and "Wow". Short set as well, lasted just about an hour, no encore. I've got three more of these shows, but truth be told, I really look more forward to manson's solo tour.

Cringeon
07-11-2009, 10:53 AM
[youtube:b95xxp8i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hotENcJKR4w[/youtube:b95xxp8i]

ikkedylandus
07-11-2009, 11:02 AM
The Dope Show:
[youtube:3j96zupx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-WK8Szil8[/youtube:3j96zupx]

Ezekhiel
07-11-2009, 11:22 AM
[quote="Para-Noir":3je2q439][quote="thousand_kisses":3je2q439]i will hopefully have some pics from this show -- looking at them on my camera, looks like i got some good ones. but i won't be able to tell until i get home and hopefully find my USB cable for the camera so i can get them on my computer and sort out better what's good and what's not.

So you were there! How was the concert? Did they play Shoot to Thrill live or was it played over the PA?[/quote:3je2q439]

had to have been over the PA...unless i missed something. i left just as TBP was ending, and as far as i know, that was it.

the show was good, manson definitely sounded better than he did in the EU, and the band was solid. And you know how destructive manson can be on stage, at one point -- i think it was during The Dope Show, he knocked over one of those...well, it's like a standing stage light or camera, not sure. anyway, he pushed it over and it came inches from hitting Twiggy. He was visibly pissed, stopped playing and went and sat over on the keyboard riser. He started strumming his guitar but i think he was just fucking off, he wasn't playing the song. I don't blame him for being pissed, that shit could have done some serious damage had it connected with his head.

Let's see....was the set list already posted here? didn't go back and look. But they opened with We're From America, then Disposable Teens....Irresponsible Hate Anthem after that? I suck at remembering set lists. Noticeably absent was "Pretty Like A Swastika" and "Wow". Short set as well, lasted just about an hour, no encore. I've got three more of these shows, but truth be told, I really look more forward to manson's solo tour.[/quote:3je2q439]

I just watched the Dope Show video, but it's not possible to see what happened with the stage light.
Twiggy's guitar playing at the end of the song is totally random...!

Cringeon
07-11-2009, 11:40 AM
The end of that song has always had a little guitar lead at the end - i think Twiggy is just having fun with it. Nothing I'd concider a "fuck up" - just being in the moment of a live concert.

Cringeon
07-11-2009, 01:06 PM
[youtube:3gnevd1x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8PwmrpENCs[/youtube:3gnevd1x]

[youtube:3gnevd1x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJryZJkP-gk[/youtube:3gnevd1x]

rararoxsox
07-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Shoot to Thrill was played over the PA, 100% confirmed.

Dronepool
07-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Cool videos, but whats up with the a spike in the flanger effect during TBP? It's really noticeable during that part.

Maniac Master
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
i need a full review by Haz, seriously!
thanks for the setlist, pictures and videos. much appreciated!

it would be killer if they change the setlist for every evening. :)

Zsa Zsa
07-11-2009, 10:08 PM
They played Tourniquet, too.

[youtube:i9w8o90v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnWGgvbFAL0[/youtube:i9w8o90v]

Ezekhiel
07-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the videos !

Ich_Bin_Du
07-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Awesome that they played Tourniquet! :D

Mary
07-12-2009, 04:02 AM
Nice to see Tourniquet back on the setlist.

I hope it becomes a staple again, one of my favourite manson songs.

ipwnmyself
07-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Wow... His voice is really... Great!

Dante Dellamorte
07-12-2009, 05:56 AM
People are you all deaf out there?
no offense, but this is NOT a good performance. He's not singing, he's talking on a monochord tune, and he uses that to walk through every song. The last few shows in europe were way better. And this performance of Tourniquet is sung random, whispering here, lamenting there, screaming out loud without a direction. Two words: drunk and tired.

I'm not trying to be the bitch round here, I liked a few shows in europe, but don't say, please, that he sang well this time. ANIDONWANTYAANIDONNEEDYA as if it was a single word. Come on. He can do better, and he DID better in europe.

Para-Noir
07-12-2009, 08:41 AM
I agree with you man

Hate Sells
07-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Some nice videos and pictures here; thanks everyone! :)

But...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJryZJkP-gk
Did anyone else note the significance of Manson taking an audience members' (heart shaped?) glasses only for the line "some of them want to use you" during Sweet Dreams...? I am almost certain that this was an intentional statement...not necessarily about Evan, but possibly about nearly all of his past relationships. I thought it was an interesting touch...kind of sad, but truthful nonetheless.

Leanne
07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
They played 'Tourniquet' in San Francisco, not Sacremento.

sp1nat
07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Any ideas what guitar is it: http://i054.radikal.ru/0907/a1/2d91dc1e7dbd.jpg ?

Para-Noir
07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
An awesome one ;)

Are there more pics of that set?

Leanne
07-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Its from Spin Magazine

http://www.spin.com/gallery/spincom/mar ... gy-ramirez (http://www.spin.com/gallery/spincom/marilyn-mansons-twiggy-ramirez)

Cringeon
07-13-2009, 05:48 AM
Any ideas what guitar is it: http://i054.radikal.ru/0907/a1/2d91dc1e7dbd.jpg ?

I looks very similar to a Wilson Bros guitar - although I can't find a matching model. Their current production runs don't have that type of binding, or headstock logo. It does look right to me, it's got P90 pups, and the angle cut on the fretboard.

Wilson Bro guitar @ MusiciansFriend (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Wilson-Brothers-The-Ventures-Electric-Guitar?sku=511810)

Hazekiah
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't know if I'm allowed to do this or not...but these are the updates from Haz on the show.

I'll just keep editing this post instead of multi-posting over and over again. And if it's not alright, please delete asap.

"On the P.A....

David Bowie

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead

The Beatles - Helter Skelter

Lady Gaga - LoveGame (Remix featuring Marilyn Manson)"

SETLIST

We're From America

Disposable Teens

Little Horn

<<helmet and flag>>

Irresponsible Hate Anthem

Four Rusted Horses<<with confetti>>

Arma-GDMF-geddon

The Dope Show

Rock Is Dead

Leave A Scar

Sweet Dreams

The Beautiful People<<MM crotched MechanicalZack's cell, threw it away, got it back>>

Shoot to Thrill

CUT AND SCENE, MOTHERFUCKERS!!! \m/

I guess my proxy, Lydia, and I had a little miscommunication here...but she seems to have done a great job translating my shorthand, for the most part. She and I were in touch all day and she was a great help in getting all my texts online. Thanks, Lydia!!!

However...

"Tourniquet" WAS played, right between "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" and "Four Rusted Horses," and, yes, "Shoot To Thrill" was just the AC/DC song played over the P.A. That's how they'd been ending the shows in Europe so I was just adding that in since it's sort of part of the show. Plus, read the lyrics sometime...it's pretty much perfect for this moment in Manson's life and seems to have influence a few of the songs on the new album.

Sorry for any lack of clarity there...you should see the original, shorthand texts, lol. I defy anyone to do a better job texting the setlists while tripping on Acid in the middle of a pit, three feet from the barricade right in front of Manson, at a Metal Festival, while trying to toss various items at various points in various songs, lol. Pretty tricky!!!

Can't listen to the YouTubeishness just now, but those of us who were there have no complaints about Manson's voice. It just seemed to be an impassioned performance and didn't translate well to e-vids, I suppose.

Anyway, not much time online, just droppin' in for a few because I can!!!

P.S. Sorry, I missed you javi!!! Indeed, I had no idea my name was being shouted...did I miss the ass-slaps, too? ;)

javi9446
07-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Haha no I didn't try to slap your ass. I didn't wanna accidentally slap those gay guy's asses next to us. I wasn't in the mood for buttsecks.

Hazekiah
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I was about ready to kill that stupid motherfucker right behind me who kept calling Manson a pussy and heckling him all night. I didn't even care that he was kind of big and muscular and could probably snap me like a twig, nobody was doing anything about it so I had to step up.

I turned around and called him a stupid fucking douchebag to his face several times and kept sticking my middle finger right up in it, too.

Hope you didn't think I meant any of that for you, lol.

Anyway, that might've been why I didn't hear you. He either drowned you out or I was just ignoring anything shouted from directly behind me.

:-\

javi9446
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
You mean that guy that yelled "Sacramento's 30 miles from here douchebag!" When Manson said "It's nice to have the first show in Sacramento" or something like that?

Hazekiah
07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Among other things, yeah. He needed to die. Okay, it's a suburb. I know it, you know it, Manson knows it. You don't need to berate him about it and try to ruin the show for everyone all night long just because Manson says Sacramento instead of Olivehurst, ffs.

Manson was classy about it, though. He never even looked at him even though it was obvious he could hear the asshole shouting at him between every single song. He just stared right past him and very clearly enunciated, "SAC-RA-MEN-TO."

Awesomeness.

I know you're "supposed" to say "made in California" instead of the concert's location every time Manson actually plays "The Dope Show" anywhere in California, but since Manson left it to us to sing I flipped off the idiot and sang "made in SACRAMENTO" as loud as I fucking could.

And I think Manson made a thinly-veiled allusion to the idiot the next night, too....he asked us if we wanted to be called San Francisco or Mountain View before finally suggesting, "How about Marilyn Motherfucking Manson Crowd?"

Which was cool, but he should've just asked us the night before to jump the asshole and put a gag on the stupid motherfucker.

-_-

Ich_Bin_Du
07-16-2009, 09:50 AM
... and sang "made in SACRAMENTO" as loud as I fucking could.
LOL ^^

And I think Manson made a thinly-veiled allusion to the idiot the next night, too....he asked us if we wanted to be called San Francisco or Mountain View before finally suggesting, "How about Marilyn Motherfucking Manson Crowd?"

That is cool indeed.

Maniac Master
07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
kickass, Haz. someone should have beaten the shit out of that guy.

sp1nat
07-23-2009, 08:43 AM
I looks very similar to a Wilson Bros guitar - although I can't find a matching model. Their current production runs don't have that type of binding, or headstock logo. It does look right to me, it's got P90 pups, and the angle cut on the fretboard.

Wilson Bro guitar @ MusiciansFriend (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Wilson-Brothers-The-Ventures-Electric-Guitar?sku=511810)
It looks similar but has several small differences. Look at the pickguard where it connected to the neck, it's have different cut. Look at the number of screws connecting the pickguard. Finally look at the bridge...
Anyway, I think it's cheap guitar for Marilyn Manson band.

sp1nat
07-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Also it maybe Mosrite Guitars: http://www.mosriteguitars.com/models.html

Cringeon
07-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Also it maybe Mosrite Guitars: http://www.mosriteguitars.com/models.html
Good find! I'm not at all familiar with the brand, but that does look much more like it. Especially with the elongated horn on the right side. Kudos bro!

EDIT: after digging around, the Mosrite guitars are what The Ventures used early on, and made popular. The guys from the band went on later to have new signature models made by Wilson Bro BASED off the Mosrites. So you are quite correct. Mosrite is definitely it, good work!