PDA

View Full Version : Jul 12 2009 - Glen Helen Pavillion - San Bernardino, CA

Emma
06-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

vampgurl
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Okay seriously who's going??? We only have three more days!

AlcoholicArtist
07-13-2009, 04:09 AM
I'm glad I didn't see him drunk or out of control, actually it made me feel happy to see him really aggressive and powerful on stage.
So he wasn't drunk at all? Seriously?

Para-Noir
07-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Photos: http://palmsprings.metromix.com/music/p ... 79/content (http://palmsprings.metromix.com/music/photogallery/the-rockstar-mayhem-festival/1319479/content)

Emma
07-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Wow, they are some real awesome images. Thank you.

Maniac Master
07-13-2009, 09:16 AM
the guy in picture no. 50 looks like mr. feeny...

Argio
07-13-2009, 11:14 AM
A decent video of Little Horn

[youtube:2as48f09]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-uyrub4Bw&feature=channel[/youtube:2as48f09]

and Four Rusted Horses with the burning bible

[youtube:2as48f09]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_OEf2_yqw&feature=channel[/youtube:2as48f09]

Emma
07-13-2009, 11:26 AM
The scene in the FRH's video makes me think of some old bible thumping, preacher man sort of scenario - the burning and the lighting reminding me of burning churches - much like Mississippi Burning when the KKK burnt down the churches.

Very atmospheric.

vampgurl
07-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I went. And I must say, I was disappointed with MM's show. I'm glad I didn't see him drunk or out of control, actually it made me feel happy to see him really aggressive and powerful on stage. But, something was missing, not to mention the very short set. I understand, it's a festival and he doesn't have full control. Eh. His alone, Fall tour better kick fucking ass...or else... :\

The highlight of my day was, like always, getting backstage and getting ONSTAGE with CANNIBAL CORPSE! Fucking INSANE!!! Photos of THAT to come, as I just got home from goddamn Mayhem.

I was disappointed with his performance as well. His voice was so harsh, and he didn't even sing most of the lyrics :/

I was pissed that my camera's batteries died so I wasn't able to get anything from Manson's performance except for the beginning of the into.

I was very excited when I got to meet cannibal corpse, got their autograph and a picture. I was going to met Kerry King, at the Jager tent, but you had to be freaking 21 to enter it WTF!! So I got some pictures from the outside.

Moshed with Trivum, it was pretty badass, a 400 lb man fell on my best friend when the singer threw some guitar picks in the air and she actually go on.

Pictures and videos to come soon for Trivum, Kill switch Engage, Slayer, and the beginning of Manson.

ikkedylandus
07-13-2009, 12:42 PM
I Think the Burning Bible Had more inpact on a Stage during ACSS than During 4RH

AlcoholicArtist
07-13-2009, 12:48 PM
He's started to shadow under his chin and his cheeks which I think looks good.

Hazekiah
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
The performance was pretty good, I thought, but was made a bit less enjoyable by the fact that I bought my ticket late and settled for a lawn ticket at one of my most gigantic venues I'd ever seen. So it wasn't just far, it was EXTRA far. I could hear everything fine, but the stage looked miniscule even from the very front of the lawn.

All of which is par for the course out on the lawn, but the in-house camera crew REALLY dropped the ball on Manson's set. Half the time we were just watching a black screen, and the other half we were seeing shots that should've been left on the cutting room floor...lots of blurry, unfocused shots, shaky camerawork, footage of the floor, etc. Not to mention, once the shots would get focused/stabilized/interesting they'd cut IMMEDIATELY to another crappy angle which would then improve and be randomly cut away from yet again. All night long.

:-\

Good show, though...neat to see the band continuing to fine-tune the staging of the show.

MechanicalZach was right up front and Manson grabbed his Mickey Mouse ears hat and wore it for a few seconds before tossing it back to him, btw. Awesome.

vht
07-13-2009, 02:18 PM
^ The lawn also looked like a major sausage fest!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i38/A292/1319473_height370_width560.jpg

vampgurl
07-15-2009, 12:18 PM
The performance was pretty good, I thought, but was made a bit less enjoyable by the fact that I bought my ticket late and settled for a lawn ticket at one of my most gigantic venues I'd ever seen. So it wasn't just far, it was EXTRA far. I could hear everything fine, but the stage looked miniscule even from the very front of the lawn.

All of which is par for the course out on the lawn, but the in-house camera crew REALLY dropped the ball on Manson's set. Half the time we were just watching a black screen, and the other half we were seeing shots that should've been left on the cutting room floor...lots of blurry, unfocused shots, shaky camerawork, footage of the floor, etc. Not to mention, once the shots would get focused/stabilized/interesting they'd cut IMMEDIATELY to another crappy angle which would then improve and be randomly cut away from yet again. All night long.

:-\

Good show, though...neat to see the band continuing to fine-tune the staging of the show.

MechanicalZach was right up front and Manson grabbed his Mickey Mouse ears hat and wore it for a few seconds before tossing it back to him, btw. Awesome.

Once KSE got on the RockStar stage I said fuck it, I don't need anything to eat today and coughed up the 20 bucks to upgrade my lawn tickets to seats for my best friend and I. It was worth it.

We got lodge 5 Row N and seats 5 and 6. which where a 1/4 from the beginning of the seating. But I still wish we could've gotten pit.

I wish that I would've bought them ealrier tho, and brought some spare batteries.

Hazekiah
07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
I was looking for a place to upgrade from the lawn to a seat but by the time I got there from San Francisco Slayer was halfway through their set, so I guess they were already done with the upgrades at that point.

Here's the setlist, btw:

2009 Tour Intro
We're From America
Disposable Teens
Little Horn
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Four Rusted Horses (Opening Titles Version)
Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon
The Dope Show
Dancing With the One-Legged...
Rock Is Dead
Tourniquet
Sweet Dreams... [Partial]
The Beautiful People

vampgurl
07-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I was looking for a place to upgrade from the lawn to a seat but by the time I got there from San Francisco Slayer was halfway through their set, so I guess they were already done with the upgrades at that point.

Oh wow, well at least you got to see Manson and part of Slayer. They were upgrading right by the restrooms and also tried to sell me Crue Fest tickets..

Mary
07-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Nice to see tourniquet played two shows in a row.

*hopes it stays till october the 14th* :)

Hazekiah
07-18-2009, 10:49 AM
"Tourniquet" has been played at every single Mayhem show since the start of the tour.

And, yeah, the rest of the Fest. is cool, but all I really give a shit about is Manson, of course.