PDA

View Full Version : Jul 31 2009 - Blossom Music Center - Cleveland, OH

Emma
06-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

DecayingSinner
08-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Did anyone attend this show?

Industrial
08-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I was at this one.

The setlist was:

We're From America
Disposable Teens
Little Horn
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Four Rusted Horses
Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon
The Dope Show
Rock is Dead
Tourniquet
Sweet Dreams
The Beautiful People

Manson played for about 55-60 minutes. I think Slayer played a little longer. Love Game was not played over the PA, like in previous shows. This time Manson went straight from Bella Lugosi's Dead to his normal intro than to WFA. He seemed to forget the lyrics in WFA and didn't sing too much of it and paused and added words that sounded like they fit. After about half way into the song he snapped out of it and remembered the lyrics for the rest of the songs. His voice sounded a lot more worn and raw than it did in past shows, but it still sounded good.

The crowd was a lot better before he came on when they played the intro song. A few songs into the set, many of the people around me (right behind the soundboard) left or sat down. A few people behind me kept complaining (During Little Horn and IHA) that Manson was only playing his "new shit".

The crowd seemed to lack a bond with Manson during this show, but he handled it a lot better than usual and he was able to put on a very good show. Definitely an improvement to the show I saw in 2007.

The Empirical Guy
08-02-2009, 12:31 AM
A few people behind me kept complaining (During Little Horn and IHA) that Manson was only playing his "new shit".

Idiots. Because they don't know it, they assume it must be "new shit"?

Hazekiah
10-09-2009, 02:55 AM
^ And on my recording of the show you can clearly hear someone near me in the pit tell their friend at the beginning of "Four Rusted Horses" that they're playing "The Golden Age of Grotesque," lol.

Fucktards.

And speaking of fucktards...I had an interesting little incident at this show.

I was rocking out in the pit and pumping my fist and some stupid fucking cunt saw the red bandana tied around my wrist and blindly assumed it was the one she and/or her guy friend had thrown up to Manson during the show. So at the end of the last song her big, beefcake, douchebag caveman grabbed my arm in a double-armlock while he and the stupid bitch tried to pry it off my wrist.

Now, I'm no pushover and they were clearly in the wrong, but while I had expensive equipment in my possession and a mic in my other hand it was sort of a bad time to get in a scuffle. Plus, the show was ending in a flurry of feedback and noise so I could hardly talk some sense into them, not to mention it wasn't worth getting in a full-blown fistfight and potentially being ejected from the venue over their stupidity. Or having my tape confiscated, for that matter.

So I just rode it out and waited until they could hear me.

Here's the recording of that particular song and the rather heated (and hilarious) discussion which ensued:

[center:2kysdbru]http://www.mediafire.com/?tzzr0medjmz[/center:2kysdbru]

At 2:41 you can actually hear the dumb cunt start saying "...took my bandana, my bandana," although it was inaudible to me during the show. I hadn't even taken notice of her yet. Not sure if she'd been trying to get my attention or if the mic just happened to pick up her telling her braindead guy friend to come wrist-rape me. Before and after she says that you can also hear her stupid bitch mouth singing along with the song.

At 5:19 you can hear things really get started when the guy pins my arm and starts shouting "That's my girl's bandana!" and I start to correct him before realizing it's pointless until the noise dies down a bit and just go on trying not to miss the end of the show as he violates my person.

At 5:31 you can hear the crazy stupid bitch come screaming towards me like a rabid dog barking out "THAT'S MY FUCKING BANDANA, LET IT GO OR I'LL BREAK YOUR FUCKING ARM!!!"

And once the noise dies down a bit later and you can hear my argument with the big, beefy fucktard after she made off with my bandana (which I didn't even realize until it was too late) and it just gets more and more entertaining from there.

So.

No more bandana for me, but at least my Cleveland bootleg has a pretty hilarious ending, lol.

Enjoy!

Hazekiah
10-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Did nobody listen to and enjoy my suffering?

:'(

Well, regardless...here's the whole show anyway:

[center:v0yu3dwy]
http://www.pfthm.net/mm/Audio/mp3/MM_Cleveland_09.mp3

http://www.pfthm.net/mm/Audio/FLAC/MM_Cleveland_09.flac[/center:v0yu3dwy]

Seven
10-12-2009, 11:09 AM
This is great Haz, thank you!

Norsefire
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks Haz!

WOW she screams about her bandana like a fucking psycho.

mar1lynman5on
10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
fuckin' awesome, Haz!! thanks for sharing your experience and recording, lol!

vht
10-24-2009, 04:29 PM
MM_Cleveland_09 The_Beautiful_People_and_Bandana_Thieving_Cunt.mp3

LOL great song title! That bitch sounded scary when she went all psycho! At least you can take pride in knowing that she worships a bandana covered in YOUR arm sweat, and whatever other fluid people encounter in mosh pits, instead of Manson's actual sweat.

You could tell as the conversation went on with that guy, he was thinking to himself "shit he's right, I had the wrong fucking bandana."

Thanks for the FLAC audio recording. :)

Maniac Master
11-20-2009, 01:29 PM
thanks a lot, Haz.

Hazekiah
12-01-2009, 05:28 AM
MM_Cleveland_09 The_Beautiful_People_and_Bandana_Thieving_Cunt.mp3

LOL great song title! That bitch sounded scary when she went all psycho! At least you can take pride in knowing that she worships a bandana covered in YOUR arm sweat, and whatever other fluid people encounter in mosh pits, instead of Manson's actual sweat.

You could tell as the conversation went on with that guy, he was thinking to himself "shit he's right, I had the wrong fucking bandana."

Thanks for the FLAC audio recording. :)

My pleasure, and I should have a few more .flacs to kick around pretty soon, too!

And, yeah, you can totally hear that douchebag guy losing his confidence in the course of the debate, lol. Anyway, I like your point about the bandana-thieving-cunt worshiping MY arm sweat. Classic!!!

This is great Haz, thank you!

thanks a lot, Haz.

fuckin' awesome, Haz!! thanks for sharing your experience and recording, lol!

Thanks Haz!

WOW she screams about her bandana like a fucking psycho.

Indeed!

And you're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome!!!

:)