PDA

View Full Version : Aug 2 2009 - DTE Energy Music Theatre - Detroit, MI

Emma
06-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

rararoxsox
06-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I'll be at this show for sure.

Ticket purchased, and confirmed.

Hate Sells
06-20-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm definately going...and I'd love to meet up with some you guys here, even if it's only a hello. Can't wait for the show! :)

CANNIBAL
07-20-2009, 11:39 PM
One of my friend's are going she said she will take pics and so on so hope i can get em and post em.

Hate Sells
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
^ I'll be trying to take some good pictures, too...and maybe even some video...so I'll definately share that with you guys. :)

On a side note; is this really everyone here who is going...? I'm surprised there aren't more replies here... :\

rararoxsox
07-23-2009, 10:25 AM
^ I'll be trying to take some good pictures, too...and maybe even some video...so I'll definately share that with you guys. :)

On a side note; is this really everyone here who is going...? I'm surprised there aren't more replies here... :\

Hey now...I'll be there! Isn't that enough?!?

;)

But on the serious front, now that you have the tickets from the TMZ thing, what are you going to do about your super badass VIP things that you had before?

Hate Sells
07-24-2009, 08:06 AM
I still have those, but I have a few extra tickets now. I'm probably going to sell them in the parking lot, lol.

But no, it's definately cool that you're going...I was just surprised that more people didn't respond to this thread, that's all. :] So, do you guys have good seats...? Oh, and you're still invited to ride in the limo with us if you're on the way from Detroit to Clarkston. :)

rararoxsox
07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I still have those, but I have a few extra tickets now. I'm probably going to sell them in the parking lot, lol.

But no, it's definately cool that you're going...I was just surprised that more people didn't respond to this thread, that's all. :] So, do you guys have good seats...? Oh, and you're still invited to ride in the limo with us if you're on the way from Detroit to Clarkston. :)

I've got row P, a couple of my friends have row E.

i'm probably only going to be near my seat for Manson...other than that, we're just going to wander around.

And thanks for the offer of the limo use, but I've got two people already coming with me, and I have to go and pick up Haz as well from the bus station.

I'll probably see you around there though, sometime during the day/night.

Hate Sells
07-26-2009, 05:53 PM
I've got row P, a couple of my friends have row E.

i'm probably only going to be near my seat for Manson...other than that, we're just going to wander around.

And thanks for the offer of the limo use, but I've got two people already coming with me, and I have to go and pick up Haz as well from the bus station.

I'll probably see you around there though, sometime during the day/night.
Those are pretty good seats...nice. ;) I'm probably just going to wander around until Manson as well, but I still want to get there early (12/1-ish), to buy some of the merchandise and check out the scene.

I would love to say hi to you and Haz while you're there...PM me your cell number if you'd like, and I can give you a call. :] And when I find out what number our box is (which I won't be staying in for long), I'll let you know, 'cause we have a private suite, which means no line to go to the bathroom, air conditioning, and FREE FOOD! :D Anyone else who is going is welcome to join up as well...we can have a little pre-Manson party in the viewing box, lol.

rararoxsox
07-26-2009, 07:52 PM
^ Shittttt girl....tell me there are free drinks as well, and I'm sold!

Haha, just kidding.

I PM'd you my cell number...I don't answer numbers I don't know, so just text me back letting me know it's you.

Hate Sells
07-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Hell yeah, free drinks would be great, too...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;]

Anyway, I replied to your message with my cell number so that you'll know it's me...I hope we get a chance to meet eachother at the show. :)

Hate Sells
08-03-2009, 01:31 AM
I don't have time to write a full review right now since it's nearly 4:30 in the morning, but it was a great show! A few highlights: I got to meet the beautiful people; Rararoxsox, Hazekiah, and Manzin--who was even nice enough to give me the "etc." cue card he got from Manson's set.

The "VIP" thing ended up not happening...but we did still get to ride in the limo. Also, we had some kickass seats; so it was all worth the while. I was only able to take a handful of good pictures in all my excitement; which I will try and upload when I get a chance later...in the meantime though, I have the majority of the photos up on my Facebook page at http://facebook.com/?w2m#/home.php. Feel free to add me if we're not already friends on there. ;)

rararoxsox
08-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Last night's show was amazing...ran into HateSells, but missed Haz due to my phone dying :(

I'll write more later, but right now I'm exhausted and ready for a nap.

Manson's show was amazing...my seat was about fifteen rows back from the stage, UNTIL some random guy grabbed my hand and took me to the front of the stage in the first row.

My face was literally three feet from Manson's face for the whole show.

vht
08-03-2009, 01:10 PM
lol some random guy. Someone had the hots for ya.

rararoxsox
08-03-2009, 02:01 PM
lol some random guy. Someone had the hots for ya.

Hahaha, I didn't care. As soon as it was over, I split and found the rest of my people anyways.

Seriously awesome of him though. I just about lost my mind being that close.

Hate Sells
08-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Wow, that's so awesome! I'm kind of jealous, lol... Oh, and I ended up sitting next to some of your people. :P You should have stayed longer when you came to get them though... :\ The only reason I ran into Haz and Manzin was because I was busy picking "snow" up off the floor.

rararoxsox
08-04-2009, 05:23 AM
Wow, that's so awesome! I'm kind of jealous, lol... Oh, and I ended up sitting next to some of your people. :P

Ahhh, now I see.

And my apologies for the way my people may have acted. Those two out in public only stay good for so long.

Hate Sells
08-04-2009, 09:49 PM
^ Lol, don't worry about it...your friends were not a problem at all. :) My friend Ben actually got along with them pretty well...they kept calling eachother ass lickers...or something like that. Even during the show...it's even in one of my videos! XD

Hazekiah
08-05-2009, 01:42 AM
My good pal gladcarrot was there...

Here is my recording of Manson on Sunday in Clarkston, Michigan.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B76ZFBMV

It's a good recording of an okay show. Band was pretty tight. Manson seemed kind of tired. It was nice to see two former NIN band members playing.

Marilyn Manson
Mayhem Festival
August 3, 2009
DTE Energy Music Amphitheater (formerly Pine Knob)
Clarkston, MI

setlist:

01 intro
02 We're From America
03 Disposable Teens
04 Little Horn
05 Irresponsible Hate Anthem
06 Four Rusted Horses
07 Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin-Geddon
08 Dope Show
09 Rock is Dead
10 Tourniquet
11 Sweet Dreams
12 The Beautiful People

I took video too, it's currently uploading...
http://www.youtube.com/user/gladcarrot

And so was, um...some other acquaintance of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PSL7ZNiYjI

I need to get those two together. The beautiful-ish footage has crap sound and the crap video has good sound. MUST FIX!!!

Cringeon
08-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Very nice :) If you happen to get the source video files, I can resync the audio in just a few minutes.

rararoxsox
08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
I almost forgot about the security guard shoutout!

Haha, good times.

Leanne
08-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Here are a few pics from flickr. Credit goes to Shane Glenn.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/youarereality/

AlcoholicArtist
08-06-2009, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the pics/vids he looks really good/cool! Great gloves.
FUCK ME that jacket is cool!! It looks like something out of Mad Max

s123
08-06-2009, 07:34 AM
nice bootleg . . . i also have one of this show
can upload it, if someone will have it

gladcarrot
09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Here is my DVD of the show...
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... &id=266223 (http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?&id=266223)

Marilyn Manson

August 2, 2009
DTE Energy Music Theater (formerly Pine Knob)
Clarkston, MI

Mayhemn Festival

***audience video recording, DVD***

Marilyn Manson setlist

*filmed band
01 We're From America
02 Disposable Teens
03 Little Horn
04 Irresponsible Hate Anthem
05 Four Rusted Horses
06 Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin-Geddon
*filmed jumbotron
07 Dope Show
08 Rock is Dead
09 Tourniquet
*filmed band
10 Sweet Dreams
11 The Beautiful People

Several times during the show Manson makes reference to an incident at the same venue in 2001 involving his
penis and a security guard.

From Wikipedia...

"In a civil suit presented by Oakland County, Michigan, Manson was charged with sexual misconduct against another
security officer, Joshua Keasler, during a concert in Clarkston, Michigan, on July 30, 2001. Oakland County originally
filed assault and battery and criminal sexual misconduct charges,[53] but the judge reduced the latter charge to
misdemeanor disorderly conduct.[54] Manson pleaded no contest to the reduced charges, paid a $4,000 fine,[55] and
later settled the lawsuit under undisclosed terms.[56]"

What's funny is about this is there is a segment of the population, female and male, for whom a run in with Manson's
penis would be the greatest day of their lives.

After 2 over hours of standing at a 20 degree angle on the lawn all the while trying to avoid flying sod, my quadraceps
began to cramp up when Manson started. The footage is a little more unsteady than I would have liked. I sat down for
3 songs and filmed the jumbotron feed to rest up.
Filming flashing lights from far away causes the camera focus to be uncooperative.
I ran separate minidisc audio but the camcorder audio was good enough to leave in.
I also recorded audio of All That Remains, Trivium, Kill Switch Engaged, and Slayer. Look for them here on Dime.

It was a long day.

JVC Hard Disc Camcorder --> MPEG-2 (.mod) [720x480, 8500 Kbps VBR, 16:9] --> PowerDirector, Producer ---> DVD NTSC

duration: 56m42s

taped and uploaded to Dimeadozen by gladcarrot @gmail.com
gladcarrotboot056v
http://www.gladcarrot.com/gladcarrotbootlist.htm
http://www.youtube.com/user/gladcarrot