PDA

View Full Version : Oct 14 2009 - Hordern Pavilion - Sydney, AUS

Emma
07-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

The Empirical Guy
07-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Count me in and all for meet ups. Sorry, I won't be able to tape, I plan on enjoying the show too much to have a camera in my hand, and if I did it wouldn't be great quality as my gear isn't very good anyway.

ShelfLife
07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
LSH and I will most definitely be there! It'll be mah birthday too, so bring me a cupcake for love! :3

Mary
07-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Attending. :)

theminister
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I'll be there too

The Empirical Guy
08-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Second Sydney show just announced, Tuesday 13 at the Enmore theatre. Grr... kinda pissed. Just a week ago I booked my flight to Melbourne, and tickets are non-refundable, otherwise I'd be selling my ticket to the Melbourne show and going to two up here. Trying to scrape cash together to make it to 3, but it will likely leave me broke :(

Mary
08-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Also attending the 2nd Sydney show!

Enmore is a great venue, nice and intimate.. for a manson show anyway.

It only holds approximately 2000.

theminister
08-23-2009, 06:32 AM
Oh good, i heard that the enmore wasn't that great? (as far as music goes)??
I hope that's not the case as I'll be going to both shows

Mary
08-24-2009, 07:02 AM
^ I was mostly basing its 'greatness' on its accessibility and size, I haven't actually seen a show there since I was a child so I'm not sure about the quality of the acoustics.

theminister
08-25-2009, 08:56 PM
^Yeah I heard the acoustics aren't great there :(
I wish the second show was after the Hordern; oh well can't win them all, I'm just happy the lads are doing another show and that there's plenty of interest :)
Did you get a ticket today at noon? Bloody ridiculous how you had to sign up to Ticketek Txtmsg thing just to buy tickets in the pre-sale though!!! I'll just cancel it though - as they send you 3 texts a week - charging 55c each time. Bugger that!!

ShelfLife
08-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Are you kidding, the acoustics at the Enmore are fantastic! I've been to two concerts there in the past two years, both were great. Damn, now I kind of wish I was going to the Enmore one, just to enjoy the more intimate venue...oh well, you guys can let me know how it goes. :3

Mary
08-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Are you kidding, the acoustics at the Enmore are fantastic! I've been to two concerts there in the past two years, both were great.

Thanks, that's nice to hear. :)

theminister
08-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Are you kidding, the acoustics at the Enmore are fantastic! I've been to two concerts there in the past two years, both were great. Damn, now I kind of wish I was going to the Enmore one, just to enjoy the more intimate venue...oh well, you guys can let me know how it goes. :3

I was just going by what someone was telling me.
That's good to hear then, cheers; can't wait!!

The Empirical Guy
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm confirmed for the Enmore show on the 13th, got front floor section tickets, this is going to be awesome! Can't believe I'm seeing Manson 3 times in a week. I'm so broke...

Mary
08-29-2009, 01:08 AM
I have a spare ticket to the hordern show.. which is now sold out.

If anyone is interested, let me know asap!

The Empirical Guy
08-31-2009, 08:51 PM
6 weeks to go, is there any word on who will be the support act? It can't be much worse than last time.

theminister
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Hehe that's true although it doesn't really bother me who else plays. I'm not there to see them. Probably won't be announced till right before the show.

Celiny-O
09-06-2009, 11:33 PM
The support act for Sydney and Queensland is The Art. They're pretty good.

http://www.myspace.com/theart

The Empirical Guy
09-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Meh. I disagree. Very unimpressed from the recordings on their page. Australia has far, far better acts to support Manson. I doubt they'll go down very well with most of the audience. Who picks these acts? The Spazzys and now this? Does Manson have any say or is it all the promoter?

Hopefully I'll get something better at the Melbourne show.

ShelfLife
09-07-2009, 03:04 AM
Meh. I disagree. Very unimpressed from the recordings on their page. Australia has far, far better acts to support Manson. I doubt they'll go down very well with most of the audience. Who picks these acts? The Spazzys and now this? Does Manson have any say or is it all the promoter?

Hopefully I'll get something better at the Melbourne show.

All I know is that all support acts are required by law to be Australian - bands can't bring their own support acts from overseas, they have to choose an Australian band, thus local bands can get some exposure.

That said, I have no idea who chooses.

Mary
09-07-2009, 08:15 AM
http://www.myspace.com/theart

Celiny-O
09-10-2009, 12:08 AM
^ I already posted that. :P

Mary
09-11-2009, 12:37 AM
^ You did too.

My apologies. :)

Celiny-O
09-11-2009, 02:44 AM
Haha, 'tis all good.

ShelfLife
09-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Anyone know the chances of getting backstage, and what I'd have to do in order to get there? I wanna special birthday treat. *pout*

The Empirical Guy
09-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Your chances are generally not good at all, unless you're prepared to give the guys at the gate a "special treat" as well.

ImNotJesus
09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Second Sydney show just announced, Tuesday 13 at the Enmore theatre. (

OMFG YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

I can totally go now. W00t!

The Empirical Guy
09-29-2009, 06:02 AM
I just had a mind blowing realization: The night after the Hordern show, Slayer are playing the Hordern as well. As far as I'm aware they don't have a gig that night in another city and will likely be in town. What are the chances Manson will get him up for a guest appearance again? *hopes*

ImNotJesus
09-29-2009, 07:03 AM
^^ Or vice versa?

The Empirical Guy
09-29-2009, 11:49 PM
I thought about it but not as likely to happen, or it would have done already. I doubt Slayer fans would be as open to Manson stepping on stage, plus what would he do? I can't really imagine him singing Angel of Death.

EDIT: Not long now til the show, if anyone sees me there make sure you come say hi!

ShelfLife
10-07-2009, 02:56 PM
How early is everyone getting there? I'm planning on getting there some time around midday (give or take an hour) with mah buddeh's.

I really hope it doesn't rain. The anticipation of waiting in line for about 8 hours is half of what makes the concert a really intense experience for me, and I don't want to spend it huddled under an umbrella :<

ShelfLife
10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
No way am I the first person to cover this concert. Surely both Empirical and crippled_plaything will do a better job at reviewing. Oh well, I guess it falls to me then.

The concert was great. I feel that 2007 was a bit more theatrical (the video-screen behind him, more costume changes a la demon-eyes for Sweet Dreams, and boxer's robe for Fight Song), but Manson definitely seemed to enjoy himself more. I was second row from the front, smooshed against crippled_plaything's back for the entire show, right in front of Twiggy. :3

I actually really enjoyed the opening band, The Art. They have great stage presence, and obviously Manson thinks highly of them because he gave the lead singer a hug in the middle of their set, and no one could focus on the band after that, everyone just wanted Manson to hurry up and come out.

The mosh was definitely more brutal than last time, and a lot more people were being dragged out by the security guards overhead. Luckily, Mary and her friend Kat and I held our place for the entire show, which was great because come Dope Show (I think it was, but I might be wrong), Manson took Mary's Twiggy-doll on stage and rubbed Twiggy's belly and face with it before hanging it from Twiggy's mike stand (Twiggy tossed it back before the end of the song).

Halfway through Sweet Dreams, when Manson was on the catwalk, he got hit with a bottle of some sort (I didn't see the bottle, I just saw the look on his face) before he got up, threw his mike to the ground and yanked Twiggy's lead out of the guitar. He came back after a few minutes, demanding that we bring out the asshole who threw the bottle, though he said, "Don't volunteer if it wasn't you, it will not be an enjoyable experience because I'll punch your face in".

After the show, we got word that there was an afterparty at which Manson was going to make an appearance. I went ahead with my friends to find the place, and we went up. In the three minutes it took me to get a drink, Twiggy and Ginger appeared. After I finished my drink, I went up to take a small wander around the room. I was pretending to admire the mirrors on the far wall (whilst trying to work out how to approach the band without being a total fangirl) when Twiggy wandered over to the sofa right under said mirrors. He looked at me as though he was expecting me to throw myself at his feet, so I just smiled sweetly, and watched as VIP girls wandered over, as did guys with equipment for roping off the VIP area.

I turned around, and suddenly Manson's there with his arm around the female guitarist of The Art. I approached him and said, "May I shake your hand?"

He let me grasp his hand for an awkward handshake (he seemed reluctant to let go of the girl), and I can't remember exactly what I said at that moment, probably something about a great show, because his hand was on my cheek/neck, and I think his forehead touched mine, because I have memories of looking downwards and thinking, "Fuck Manson, you're making it difficult for me to concentrate on talking."

Very small small-talk. I told him that I spent the concert glued to the back of the girl with the Twiggy-doll (because he'd spent the entire concert oggling Mary), and he said, "Oh yeah, I rubbed Twiggy with the doll."

"I know, I saw."

"I think he liked it."

"I think he did too."

Some security guard was telling me to get out of the way, so I bid Manson a goodnight and walked away. Shortly afterwards, the boys and I wandered downstairs to meet Mary and Kat, and Ginger was there. I can't believe that someone who's been hanging around Manson for as long as Ginger has could be so nice and cheerful and friendly. He tried to get Kat in, as she was underaged, but when even he couldn't succeed, he spent a long time hugging Kat and saying sweet things, whilst Mary and I went upstairs with the Twiggy doll.

Manson and Twiggy immediately noticed it and gestured for Mary to approach, where they took the doll and graffittied it with dicks and aids and their autographs. However, we didn't feel VIP-enough to stay afterwards, so we left.

All in all, a very good night and a very good birthday. And Christ, I can't believe how baby-soft Manson's skin is.

Mary, Adam, over to you.

Dronepool
10-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Wow, that sounds awesome. Glad you had a good time!

The Empirical Guy
10-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Nope, I think you've just about covered everything there ShelfLife. I did a review on the enmore and can't really be bothered typing up another one for here. It was a good show though.

I'm really pissed that I moved though, I was with you and Mary at the start but then tried a different spot. If I'd stayed with you I could've come meet them afterwards. Pretty sad =(

AlcoholicArtist
10-15-2009, 12:52 AM
And Christ, I can't believe how baby-soft Manson's skin is.

Wow maybe making your skin a place where germs are afraid live really does work :O
That must have been a great birthday present to meet Manson :)

ShelfLife
10-15-2009, 01:24 AM
That must have been a great birthday present to meet Manson :)

It was rather dandy. :3 I would have loved to have gone into that VIP area and had a long discussion with Manson and Twiggy and end up being their bestest-best friend, but we take what we get.

I think I'm also gloating that I was right. Everyone kept telling me, "Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you're going to meet Manson," and I would reply, "The first time I saw him, we went straight to second base! And he's playing in Sydney on my birthday! Something HAS to happen!" And I'm really glad it did. :3

And don't worry too much Empirical. The club was small but full of people, and only about 10 people were in the VIP area. I only met Manson because I was in the right place at the right time (in front of the VIP area just as he was approaching). Still, it would have been great to see you there!

S.D.
10-15-2009, 01:37 AM
he'd spent the entire concert oggling Mary

Manson, seriously, what the fuck did we speak about just two nights ago? I write you a nice, friendly letter of reconciliation after your frankly out of order behaviour, and you pull this shit? I will be writing to your girlfriend about this (and by girlfriend, I mean Twiggy), to let her know what an ass you are, and then I will be having stern words with your manager, Stoya and whoever wants to fight letting them know that I am upset by this continued flagrancy.

MY MARY NOT YOURS!

The Empirical Guy
10-15-2009, 01:56 AM
And don't worry too much Empirical. The club was small but full of people, and only about 10 people were in the VIP area. I only met Manson because I was in the right place at the right time (in front of the VIP area just as he was approaching). Still, it would have been great to see you there!

Yeah. We were thinking of trying to find it but decided not to for that reason. we figured it would be full of mostly drunk fangirls (not you and Mary, of course, but people like the tit-signature girl that was out the back of the enmore show) sucking up to them and trying to fuck them and just didn't want to deal with it. That's never been my thing. I never really expected to meet Manson anyway and was surprised he'd be there, but Ginger or Twiggy would've been nice, even to say hi and thanks for the show and to get a quick photo.

Mary
10-15-2009, 07:16 AM
And Christ, I can't believe how baby-soft Manson's skin is.

Mary, Adam, over to you.

I know! And his little tummy too... ;)

I think you've pretty much mentioned everything that can be said Nat.
It was lovely to meet you again, and thank you so much for waiting for me at the afterparty with Lyndsey and Jeremy. (...I think that was his name)

It was also lovely to meet Adam and Alyshia. I'm sorry you didn't have much luck in meeting anyone. When I sat with you near the loading area I was really hoping the band would arrive then or I'd atleast Ginger since he was the one that offered me a pass at Enmore, and I was hoping you guys could've gotten something as well. If not, I would've honestly given my pass to one of you!

I went backstage with Twiggy and Ginger at Enmore although the time spent there was brief as they wanted to move things over to their hotel bar, but I really wasn't up for it and I felt bad since the girl that came to the concert with me was underage and I was still running a horrible fever.

As for last night, even when Manson signaled for me to enter the vip section, I was reluctant to stay as I felt I had no place to be there. The people in that section were either friends or whores, and I don't believe I am either of those to the band.

I visited the doctor's earlier this evening for my cold and also found out I have x2 fractured ribs on the side where this big horrible man was purposely digging his elbow as hard as he could into me to get me out of the pit and have his girlfriend in my place!

I'm really not complaining though, I'd do this all again if I could. It was great fun. :D

Also, I'd just like to apologise if I had coughed or sneezed on any of you in the past couple of days. :/

chango66
10-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams and the beer thrower - Sydney

[youtube:5dgq5jqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ_J54yLSXQ[/youtube:5dgq5jqg]

another video

[youtube:5dgq5jqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nr0_qq3jN8[/youtube:5dgq5jqg]

ShelfLife
10-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I started watching the videos above, but I stopped because they made me feel sad for some reason. I don't think I want to watch or listen to anything Manson related for a while lest it interferes with the memories I have.

And Mary, I must insist that you post pics of Twiggy-doll's grafitti!

Mary
10-16-2009, 12:09 AM
And Mary, I must insist that you post pics of Twiggy-doll's grafitti!

I posted some in the picture thread, but I shall post them here as well.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/the-thing/DSCF4058-1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/the-thing/DSCF4064-1.jpg

A cute one of us. :)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/the-thing/she.jpg

And the crowd around us at the start.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/the-thing/IMG_0124-1.jpg

Also, I have quite a few on myspace if anyone would like to see.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=154090046&albumId=2176766
Though I didn't take any of the actual show, I was too busy enjoying it/ trying to survive. I took some at the Enmore as well as a video which doesn't seem to have any audio to it... yet. :/

ShelfLife
10-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Mary, I'd like to use that last pic for facebook, if you don't mind. :3

Mary
10-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Not at all. <3

The Empirical Guy
10-16-2009, 01:39 AM
It was also lovely to meet Adam and Alyshia. I'm sorry you didn't have much luck in meeting anyone. When I sat with you near the loading area I was really hoping the band would arrive then or I'd atleast Ginger since he was the one that offered me a pass at Enmore, and I was hoping you guys could've gotten something as well. If not, I would've honestly given my pass to one of you!

Thankyou, that's very kind of you, you would have been making dreams come true to meet them. Still I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I got to see two excellent shows from the barrier, Manson took our AIDS sign and I met some great people over the course of the week even if the final show wasn't everything I had hoped. So overall it was good times, although Alyshia has a lot of making up to do for making me move, you can be sure.

As for last night, even when Manson signaled for me to enter the vip section, I was reluctant to stay as I felt I had no place to be there. The people in that section were either friends or whores, and I don't believe I am either of those to the band.

That's exactly why we didn't go looking for the afterparty uninvited. We had no idea where it was and didn't want to seem like some band whore or fanboy stalking them over the city, even if I actually was.

Also, I'd just like to apologise if I had coughed or sneezed on any of you in the past couple of days. :/

I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with whatever you had, but it was worth it for the shows, I think. 5 days with little sleep and bad food probably aren't helping any.

Mary
10-16-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with whatever you had, but it was worth it for the shows, I think. 5 days with little sleep and bad food probably aren't helping any.

You should've eaten more of my banana's!

theminister
10-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Hordern was an awesome show! SUch a better venue than Enmore.
Awesome set once again, would've been good if they changed it a bit from the previous night.
Marilyn in awesome form; pity there are tools out there that chuck shit on stage. Why the hell would you?!?! No wonder it made Marilyn mad, it'd make me mad.
So where was the after party? And do you guys know where they stayed? Is it the same every tour?

ShelfLife
10-23-2009, 02:29 AM
The afterparty was at a place called the Ruby Rabbit on Oxford Street. Some girls who were in the know told Mary, and I overheard, and off we went.

I have no idea where they stayed.

S.D.
10-23-2009, 03:24 AM
The afterparty was at a place called the Ruby Rabbit on Oxford Street.

Are you sure it wasn't called The Ruby Headlight?

I am sorry, I will leave the forums now.

~_~

ShelfLife
10-23-2009, 03:58 AM
The afterparty was at a place called the Ruby Rabbit on Oxford Street.

I am sorry, I will leave the forums now.

~_~

Now S.D., that was appalling, especially from you. I expect a very carefully worded apology upon your return.

S.D.
10-23-2009, 04:21 AM

Now S.D., that was appalling, especially from you. I expect a very carefully worded apology upon your return.

Ah, now you see, I will offer no such apology, because carefully coded in my initial pun was actually a concise reference to Marilyn Manson and the thematic of Holy Wood. Jack Ruby was of course the man who took it upon himself to avenge the death of President Kennedy by assassinating Lee Harvey Oswald in public, another "Dramatic New Scene" if you will. In asking whether the club was called The Ruby Headlight, I was referencing the song President Dead, and the following lyric:-

[center:2hnfe0mv]"President Dead is clueless and he&#39;s caught in a headlight"[/center:2hnfe0mv]

The Ruby Headlight would be the Celebritarian event that Ruby tried to orchestrate in order to exalt and defend the dead President. Although the President was dead and clueless, he was still caught in this headlight, which was immortalised in the flashbulb glare at the second of Oswald's execution:-

[center:2hnfe0mv]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/02/10/crosswords/10oswald_533.jpg[/center:2hnfe0mv]

:D

Not really, I'm just talking shit this time!

*runs the fuck away laughing maniacally*

ShelfLife
10-23-2009, 04:21 PM
And there was me thinking such a pun was no more exciting than a comparison between "rabbit" and "headlight" a la EMDM.

You're very good at what you do. :P

The Empirical Guy
10-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Fuck S.D. Just fuck, how do you come up with this stuff? Smart ass.

I've always wondered how you find out where the after parties are at. I'm sure being young and female helps, so I'm down 2 already. Next time I'm gonna have to bribe some roadies or something to find out where it's going on.

ShelfLife
10-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Young and female, definitely helps. And being in the right place in the right time. I was with Mary, who had scored backstage passes the night before. Some girls (who I assume had also been backstage the night before) approached her and asked if she was going, thus I overheard and said, "Brilliant, let's go!"

But you can't always count on that, so next time, I'll be bribing roadies also.

DecayingSinner
10-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Fuck S.D. Just fuck, how do you come up with this stuff? Smart ass.

I've always wondered how you find out where the after parties are at. I'm sure being young and female helps, so I'm down 2 already. Next time I'm gonna have to bribe some roadies or something to find out where it's going on.
It worked for me during the GGG tour. I was one of three males for the after show.

The Empirical Guy
10-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Yep, next time it's on for sure. I don't mind greasing palms as long as it's with money and not body fluids (unless I can find some female roadies...? =p )