PDA

View Full Version : The Deadpool movie news thread (up to date unless I die!)

Dronepool
07-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Just like Deadpool, this thread will not die. It's back! Yes, the 3 people that care can rejoice! Here's the latest from the Deadpool movie camp-

http://i30.tinypic.com/pwzs0.jpg

'Deadpool' To Break Fourth Wall In Solo Movie

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=15422

Actor Ryan Reynolds spoke about “Deadpool” with Empire, reemphasizing what he’s already said in the past — and that “Deadpool” will indeed talk to his audience in his solo film.

“Break the Fourth Wall? Oh yeah, he’s got to,” he told Empire. “I want to see him break the Great Wall.”

It’s hard to tell if Reynolds is being sarcastic like his on-screen persona, or if he’s serious — after all, part of the Deadpool mythos involves inane, ludicrous and seemingly impossible plot points. Having the scarred-up mutant face off against the Great Wall of China would certainly fit that bill.

One thing that’s guaranteed, said the actor, is that the film’s tone will match that of Marvel’s “Deadpool” comics. As a fan of the franchise, Reynolds said he wouldn’t have it any other way.

“The main goal is to make sure it stays close to the source material,” Reynolds insisted. “I’ve always been a fan, at least for the last eight or nine years. I feel a bit of validation because I knew going into ‘Wolverine‘ that there’s a huge fanbase for this and I don’t think anyone else did.”

MORE old news!

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/06/02/ex ... out-cable/ (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/06/02/exclusive-ryan-reynolds-hopes-for-ajax-black-tom-in-deadpool-movie-but-what-about-cable/)

t’s no secret that we’ve been pulling for a “Deadpool” spin-off movie for quite some time now, so we were excited when “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” opened big and a solo Ryan Reynolds adventure was greenlit just days later.

“Well, your voice is part and parcel to that. That’s one of the reasons that I think the movie is happening, and all this is happening,” Reynolds told MTV News, saying some nice things about the MTV team when I caught up with him over the weekend and giving me a status report. “It’s in fast-track development at this point.”

Reynolds had told us previously that he’s a huge fan of Cable, and that he’d like to get the white-haired telepathic mutant into the spin-off; now, however, he’s sounding like it might not happen.

“We’ll see. That is all being discussed,” grinned Reynolds, whose romantic comedy “The Proposal” hits theaters June 19th. “I’m hoping Cable will be in it. Look, I’ve made no secret that I love that character.”

What was even more, interesting, however, was that Reynolds revealed two old Deadpool characters that he cited as likely to make it into the spin-off.

“I also love some of the more preliminary characters at the beginning of the series. I like Ajax — that’s an easier character to put in. And Black Tom,” he revealed. “I think there’s a lot of different villains [we’re considering]; you could do a whole bunch of villains in [the first film], or you could just have Deadpool going up against one guy. We’ll see.”

Reynolds is currently working with the studio to find a writer and director for “Deadpool,” and hopes to shoot the “X-Men” spinoff film sooner rather than later. As a response to the huge opening weekend for “Wolverine,” the mutants’ studio is also developing a sequel with Hugh Jackman’s razor-clawed hero

AND MORE!

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=15301

Ryan Reynolds wanted it and he is getting it. After years of lobbying for the role and finally being rewarded with a huge opening for his debut in the recent “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” Ryan Reynolds has complete control over the character of Wade Wilson. Recently, Reynolds talked to MTV and gives some clues on some of the characters he expects to see in the “Deadpool” spinoff movie.

“I love it, because I get to be involved,” Reynolds said of his role in the fast-tracked development of a Deadpool spin-off film. “And I’m such a huge fan of the character.”

Currently, Reynolds and the studio are seeking a director and writer(s) for the film, and listening to plenty of ideas about where Wade’s story should go. Fortunately for the die-hard fans, Reynolds has no intention of letting the film stray too far from its comic origins.

“I get to be the authentication police, in a weird way,” grinned Reynolds. “To their credit — the studio’s credit — they want to make an authentic ‘Deadpool’ movie; they want to make it as close to the source material as possible.” “He’s going to be the Merc with the Mouth, [we’re going to give] all those answers that everyone wants,” Reynolds explained. “He’s going to have the scarred-up face, he’s going to be in the suit — and, it’s going to be incredible.”

AND MORE OLD NEWS!

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-5-3 ... ol-spinoff (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-5-30-breaking-ryan-reynolds-actively-working-on-deadpool-spinoff)

In an exclusive interview with HitFix.com, Ryan Reynolds discusses the current plans for the solo Deadpool movie.

"Well, I'm intimately involved with it. We're just trying to break a story right now and figure out who the villain is going to be and all that stuff. But, it's going to be just like the comic books. I'm gonna have a messed up face and you may see some flashbacks of Wade earlier in his life, but primarily what you see is what you get in the comics and that's the goal. And there is no better place to draw material from then the comics which are incredible."

secretsquirrely
07-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Fuck yeah! Yay for old news! Thanks for slappin us with this info prescribed. This beast better be as epic as one of Wade's chimmichanga farts!

consummate
07-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Quite frankly, if he isn't in costume and/or completely fucked up looking from cancer I'm simply not going to watch it. I simply cannot allow myself to watch some actor prance around in a little vest with some swords and call himself Deadpool. I think Ryan can do it but seriously, get your fucking face off of the camera and put on a god damned red and black outfit and mask.

Dronepool
09-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Hmm, cool....

IGN interviewed X-Men Origins: Wolverine producer Lauren Shuler Donner and asked her about the previously announced Deadpool solo movie. In the interview Donner revealed that the movie would be a reboot and would not be tied to the continuity of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. She also confirmed that Ryan Reynolds will return to the role of Deadpool

http://movies.ign.com/articles/102/1023736p1.html

Dronepool
09-24-2009, 01:31 AM
Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld posted several updates on his twitter last night about a Deadpool movie development meeting he was attending.

Walking into Deadpool movie meeting!!! Yowza!

Great Deadpool movie meeting! Lauren Schuler Donner and her team are headed in the right direction!

Deadpool movie checklist- DP in costume-check! Breaking 4th wall-check! Loads of killing-double check!

Deadpool movie- YES! Ryan Reynolds is on board!!!

[SOURCE]

UPDATE: Liefeld added this today via twitter:

Clarification, Cable definitely NOT in Deadpool movie, but possible role in future X-films....not First Class.

Donner Company is on top of making the Deadpool movie that fans want. They get it. He's funny, tortured, clever, a bastard and mucho action!

secretsquirrely
09-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Can't wait for more of this..and to see pics of Ryan in the suit when they start production!

Hazekiah
10-01-2009, 03:35 PM
In the interview Donner revealed that the movie would be a reboot and would not be tied to the continuity of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. She also confirmed that Ryan Reynolds will return to the role of Deadpool.

Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld posted several updates on his twitter last night about a Deadpool movie development meeting he was attending.

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

I could go on, but that'll have to do for now.

:-\

Dronepool
10-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Why facepalm the idea of it being a reboot? If anything, it'll be it's own movie and not have a thing to do with what happened in Origins. I'm all for it being a reboot. Not that I expect them do a great job or anything, at least they'll forget about that Weapon XI crap and establish something better for the character (or so it seems)

Hazekiah
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
A spin-off that ignores the film from which it's spun-off while retaining the lead actor in the same (but different!) role is just loaded with FAIL.

Which isn't to say that X-Men Origins: Wolverine isn't worthy of being UTTERLY forgotten, mind you.

And, no offense, but the fanbase for this movie seems pretty retarded so I think there's going to be a great deal of confusion about what the hell's going on between the two...films. Not for those who've already heard the announcement, of course, but for the other 90% of the audience. You know, the ones who thought X-Men O:W kicked ass. They're clearly idiots and making it any harder for them to understand is just asking for trouble.

Not that they're the most discerning audience, lol. Maybe it won't be a problem after all, come to think of it.

:-\

Dronepool
10-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Fair enough.

Although a fan base of any established band/character could have a large percentage of dumbass in it.

Dronepool
10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
The Future Of The X-Men Franchise
Deadpool

"I want to ignore the version of Deadpool that we saw in Wolverine and just start over again. Reboot it. Because this guy talks, obviously, and to muzzle him would be insane.

I don't see it as a problem that Ryan [Reynolds] is also playing Green Lantern. I mean, look at Harrison Ford - he was in Stars Wars and Indiana Jones at the same time and everyone was fine with that. Green Lantern could not be more different to Wade Wilson. Green Lantern is a guy who finds a ring and is thrust into this world, much like Spider-Man. Wade Wilson is a guy who unfortunately gets cancer, and volunteers for a test that will give him healing powers. He is a bad ass, a wise-cracking mercenary, who will go out and kill anyone for money. But the thing about him is that, underneath it all, and he wouldn't want you to know this, sometimes he's not such a bad ass after all. Sometimes he does the right thing.

It's going to be a dark, snarky, very funny movie. It's the hardest story to tell, I think. There's no clear cut villain - though you do have great baddies from the comic-books like Black Tom, Slayback, Blind Al and the Weasel. Blind Al is this blind woman in his house, who he abuses and mocks? it's terrible. But you find out that she was a convict who did something terrible and he saved her from execution. So he lets her live in his house and she looks after him, but they both torture each other. Anyway, there are good stories and we're figuring out which ones to incorporate.

We're right in the thick of talking to writers right now, and hopefully by November we'll have decided who's going to do it. We need someone really imaginative because we want to do some really innovative, ambitious stuff. Ryan's mentioned this in an interview already but there are parts where he's going to break the fourth wall and talk directly to the audience in the cinema. We have to work out how to do that. I don't know that Fox will agree with all our decisions, but we'll see!"

http://www.empireonline.com/features/fu ... hise/3.asp (http://www.empireonline.com/features/future-of-x-men-franchise/3.asp)

Dronepool
01-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Variety is reporting that Fox has confirmed the rumor that Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the writers of Zombieland, will be writing the Deadpool solo movie. There is still no time frame for the Deadpool movie.

FuckmanQ
08-05-2015, 01:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar-HnwIzEr0

Nemoris Inferioris
08-05-2015, 06:09 PM
I can't wait for this to come out, along with Suicide Squad.

MMCollector
09-22-2015, 12:46 AM
2016 is going to be an awesome year for superhero movies cant wait for deadpool anyone know if it will be in imax or at least 3d?

FuckmanQ
09-27-2015, 12:20 AM
2016 is going to be an awesome year for superhero movies cant wait for deadpool anyone know if it will be in imax or at least 3d?

Not sure about imax but I i'm sure it'll be in 3D since that has been the trend since Avatar. :P

Hazekiah
02-03-2016, 07:44 AM
PRETTY SURE MY MOM'S TRYING
TO GIVE DEADPOOL A HANDJOB

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Hazekiah/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2057_1_zpsvyelejkq.jpg

Nemoris Inferioris
02-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Still love this:

#TouchYourselfTonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsdD1MJXOpk

Nemoris Inferioris
02-11-2016, 08:08 PM
To-morrow!

It's a trending # on IG

Nemoris Inferioris
02-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Saw this last night, I fucking loved it! It was hilarious. Will not give any spoilers. Get your asses to the Thaeter and see this shit!

M Tragedy666
02-14-2016, 01:26 PM
Was this any good? I kind of wanted to see it but I heard from a few that it sucks and felt "rushed". I don't know a lot about it, I'm not at all into the super hero and marvel movie wave that has taken over. I don't give a shit about Fantastic 4 or X men or any of that. But I heard this was like a really dark parody of an asshole super hero and that made me want to give it a shot. What are your thoughts, those who have seen it?

MrPogo
02-17-2016, 01:30 PM
I thought it was pretty great.

Nemoris Inferioris
02-18-2016, 07:08 AM
Perfekt.

Norsefire
02-18-2016, 11:10 AM
I fucking loved this film! It was so funny, totally to my sense of humour!

Dronepool
02-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Saw it twice. First time that I ever rewatched a movie in theaters.

I'm glad to see this movie do so well.