PDA

View Full Version : Favourite tour

Para-Noir
07-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Let's keep this alive.

My favourite would be the Mechanical Animals tour. I just love the costume changes, the stage setting, the lightning, the giant DRUGS signs, the overall sound, the setlist, lightning etc.
I think his voice was the best in this era and so was the band line-up and in my opinion this tour is the absolute highlight of his career.

Opinions?

Sputnik
07-08-2009, 09:29 AM
My favourite would be MA too, and I think that the GGG tour was amazing too.
(I'm saying this from all the vids I've seen- I've never actually been to any of their conserts :( )

Maniac Master
07-08-2009, 11:32 AM
it was hard for me to choose between the DTTW-tour and the SLC-tour, but i chose the SLC one in the end. i just love the bootlegs from that time. :)

Method Man
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
MA from what I have seen. By the tours I have actually been too. I would say ROTW tour.

Zsa Zsa
07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I picked the Rape of the World tour, because it is my only actual live experience with Manson, beyond bootlegs. Plus, towards the end when Twiggy came back, the tour improved numerous times over.

Ezekhiel
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I voted MA but I love GGG tooo. As for the 2 last tours, ROTW was great in the end with Twiggy returning of course.

Reverend
07-09-2009, 07:45 AM
WHAT A BUNCH OF WHIMPS YOU ARE. FIGURES, SINCE MOST OF YOU ARE GIRLS...

DTTW: MOST VIOLENCE, PROTESTS, BOMB THREATS, CONTOROVERSY, BLOOD, AND BIBLE TEARING.

TOO DANGEROUS AND SCARY FOR YOU AHAHAHAHA!

Emma
07-09-2009, 08:05 AM
WHAT A BUNCH OF WHIMPS YOU ARE. FIGURES, SINCE MOST OF YOU ARE GIRLS...

I'd watch that if I were you. I know plenty of women who can endure alot more than men. Besides this is people's CHOICE and OPINION - a little respect for that wouldn't go amiss.

ikkedylandus
07-09-2009, 10:25 AM
WHAT A BUNCH OF WHIMPS YOU ARE.

Djeez What A Dick.

Machanical Animalls kicked Ass!! I wasn't able to experience it yet, back than..
But bootleg-whise I like it the most

Para-Noir
07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Reverend, if you think a Marilyn Manson concert is all about violence, protests, blood and whatnot I don't think you will really fit into this board.

Just a thought.

Reverend
07-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Just joking everybody!

I though the rock is dead leg of the MA tour was great! thats my 2nd favorite. but DTTW, man, most people thought MM was satanic back then, so it was really a great experience to be a part of

DecayingSinner
07-10-2009, 04:19 AM
GGG tour. My favorite album, my favorite tour. It's also when I first met the band several times.

The Count to Six and Die Instrumental opening was beautiful.
Valentine's Day
The stilts for Tourniquet and The Nobodies
The rising bit for Cruci-fiction in Space
The love song on the new podium
Ozzfest '01 did rock.

Industrial
07-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Having only seen Manson live three times, once at Ozzfest in 2001, EMDM tour in 2007 and the 2008 leg, I would have to say the 2008 tour was my favorite that I have seen personally. The show I was at sold out pretty quickly so it was mostly Manson fans who payed attention really closely. Also it was basically just Manson because I don't think anybody came to see the other band. And that leg seems to be the biggest change in a setlist he has ever done too.

On bootlegs I would have to say it's the Guns, God and Government tour.

Seven
07-10-2009, 06:22 AM
It was really hard to choose! I picked DTTW. I love SLC too, and POAFF and the Spooky Kids. MA had a great look about it - let's face it, that pink outfit he wore will never be matched...wearing that took guts or possibly insanity. Maybe both.

07-10-2009, 07:11 AM
tough call, i picked GGG, but the rock is dead tour looked great, as did dead to the world.

Cringeon
07-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I chose ROTW (once Twiggy returned). This tour was night and day different from the run w/ Skold - and the band sounded so good. The best it sounded since GGG. Only reason I pick this as my favorite is that the band seemed to really be enjoying the moment, playing music for the love of playing. The last few tours prior seemed like the band was just going through the motions rather than feeling it.

Reverend
07-10-2009, 09:34 PM
It was really hard to choose! I picked DTTW. I love SLC too, and POAFF and the Spooky Kids. MA had a great look about it - let's face it, that pink outfit he wore will never be matched...wearing that took guts or possibly insanity. Maybe both.

Way to go Seven! 90s Manson is Best!

Mary
07-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Mechanical Animals.

Heidi_Klebold
07-12-2011, 11:49 AM
i voted SLC but my favs are spooky kids,SLC,DTTW,end of MA tour(after columbine),GGG,ROTW(TWIGGY!)

adamchabbi6
07-14-2011, 02:19 PM
After watching several live videos on youtube, I would have to select Guns, God and Government tour because Manson really seemed to have plenty of energy to unleash his anger during that era, great speeches to let audiences express their frustrations towards the world by giving a fuck you message to everyone who has put them down, along with some great stage props, e.g. stilts, podium and great make up style as well. Although, I only went to see Manson live myself in 2007 and 2009, where I saw him during Rape of the World tour and The High End of Low tour. If I had to pick my favourite tour out of the ones I attended, I would pick Rape of the World tour because I felt that the show had full of energy and awesome stage props, e.g. robot on stage.

Lucille
07-20-2011, 04:59 AM
I voted DTTW because the video release has rocked my world consistently since I first saw it at the age of 16. However MA is just godly in terms of aesthetic/theatrics/creativity. Of course pre-ACSS/Spooky Kids stuff must be mentioned for the sheer magic that was the up-close and personal fire that was the beginning of the wonder and revolution that was Marilyn Manson.

As for tours I've seen, the greatest concert experience of my life was during the 2nd leg of Rape of The World, right when Twiggy returned to the band.

Worst tour I've witnessed on film/heard about from friends is undoubtedly Against All Gods. I felt so bad for Manson during that time. I don't know/remember too much about what he was supposedly going through then, but I just remember him being a complete mess and I wished he could have just cancelled that tour and gotten some much needed rest. Worst tour I saw in person was The High End of Low. Manson, a beer bottle, and a bare stage, with none of the fantastic energy I had witnessed only a year prior. I have high hopes for what's to come next. I'm confident he's going to bring it back.

Shangri-LIE
08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
I opted for "Rape of the World". However I have to say that seeing Manson on two consecutive tours one year apart I'd elect EMDM/ROTW for the most memorable. I'd seen other tours when I was younger, and those rocked. But with the two tours I mentioned I got to meet some cool people like Haz, Fuk Frankie and Sheri to name a few from the forums. I also had the privelage of practically fucking a girl-friend of mine in a mosh pit in Columbus. Those two tours were memorable because they were more intimate, and opportunistic for meeting new people...or fucking them for that matter. It's something I look forward to again come time for the next tour. I think it's always better to attend a show/party before and afterwards with people you've shared a lot of fandom with over the years but never had a chance to actually chill, talk and joke with in a setting like that.