PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Funndeath
08-07-2009, 06:47 AM
I seem to remember a thread at the 'phant about True Blood so I thought we needed one as well.
Just started watching it last week, I'm up to season 1 episode 6. I love it! I love that they have redeemed vampires of the "Edward Cullen" syndrome in recent times. I love the humor too. I love the setting, I don't really know anything much about the American south, so to me their mannerisms seem quaint and like what I've read about in books, but I like the setting and how they maintain the flavour of that area. I also like their attention to detail, like how Bill retains his outdated slang.
I like the vampire rights movement bit also (an awesome little detail is the poster of George Bush biting the statue of liberty in Fangtasia). The whole background about true blood and vampires going "mainstream" is great.
I also think it has the best opening title sequence for a TV show that I can think of.
My favourite character is Lafayette, I want to be his best friend. I like Tara too. Jason is just a dick, like literally, he's just a penis with a brain, but I still like him because he's a moron.

Ripper
08-10-2009, 06:17 AM
I've been watching this on FX and I really like the few episodes I've seen. Its not the best show on TV but its up there. Also, I agree with your love for the title sequence, best part of every episode.

Funndeath
08-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Yay! True Blood love.
I'm on episode 9 now. Some intense things are happening.[spoiler2:2hujal1k]]Like Tara's weird demon thing. And Adele died, so did Sookie's cat. I really don't like Jason's girlfriend, though (the chick from Mean Girls), she's a very typical "boho chic" type character, that's kinda out of place in the show.
Btw, I didn't really understand why Sam was rubbing himself all over Dawn's bed[/spoiler2:2hujal1k]. There were some hints that implied that they may have been involved but it wasn't followed up.
There are some interesting differences from popular vampire mythology here. They're not averse to garlic, holy water or crosses. Also, the way they "die" is also different. Like when they burn and when they are staked.

Ripper
08-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Cheers, I've only seen the first three episodes and even without the spoiler tag, you ruined a couple of things for me.

Funndeath
08-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Oh balls! I'm so sorry, what an idiot. Edited the post so I don't ruin it for anyone else. Those aren't really great developments, though.

Celiny-O
08-11-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm yet to see this show, and I'd really like to. All the hype has made me curious. I'm guessing it's worth it? :)

R_Flagg
08-12-2009, 03:30 AM
I want to see this show as well. I heard the movie Let The Right One In is another good example of the right way to do something like Twilight.

Funndeath
08-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Oh yes! I'm glad you mentioned Let The Right One In. I think the fact that it's children (around 11 years of age) and not teens as the protagonists sort of lends it this innocence and unpretentious-ness (is that a word?). It also doesn't take away any of the basic characteristic of the vampire (Eli). She [spoiler2:sta6c8kd](?)[/spoiler2:sta6c8kd] kills to nourish herself, but she's also very protective of Oskar. It is a pretty morbid film, it's not just a mindless romance.

True Blood is a very sex, drugs and vampires type of show. But it's also funny and it's also intense.

Jakob Synn
08-20-2009, 04:01 PM
I just got caught up on the recent episodes of season 2.

I really enjoy the whole vampire rights things as relation to what's going on in the world right now with gay rights.

[spoiler2:j0ye1nco]Like in the last episode where Hoyt's mother is meeting Jessica and goes off about how Jessica can't have babies[/spoiler2:j0ye1nco]

Alan Ball is doing fucking spot on!

I also believe this Sundays episode features Evan Rachel Wood.

Should be interesting since she's only in it for one episode.

Jakob Synn
08-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Ooops my bad, I really thought this last episode was the one with Evan in it. Well, I'm pretty sure her character was the one Bill went to see so you at least got to see her foot bathing in blood.

I really enjoyed this last episode. The whole Jason saving Sam by pretending to be that God was the fucking funniest thing ever.

Glad to see Tara was saved, now here's hoping Eggs gets killed. I do not like that guy. I don't know, he just annoys me.

Anima XI
08-25-2009, 07:43 AM
I've only seen one episode fully from Season 2, but since I hadn't seen Season 1 I was a bit lost... still, it seems like a good show. I might watch it in its entirety =)

Funndeath
08-25-2009, 07:52 AM
I need to get back to watching it now. I've been feeling too lazy to stream it too long but now a friend of mine has all of Season 2.
I want to see what this whole Jason being anti-vampire thing is all about.

Jakob Synn
08-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Here's what I think is a pic of Evan from the next episode.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2009/08/evan-rachel-wood-queen-sophie-ann.jpg

Also, it's saying she's in 2 episodes, not 1. So I'm guessing next weeks then the season finale.

And maybe if we can get a mod to add [CONTAINS SPOILERS] to the title of this thread so people don't freak out.

EDIT:

Also found this

http://www.thecinemapost.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/evwoodtruemain.jpg

And an interview in which she says her character will have a sex scene with another woman.

Mi-CroMartie
08-25-2009, 04:28 PM
^ HAha, that reminds me of Lesbian Vampire killers. :p

Holocaust_King
08-28-2009, 11:39 AM
True Blood is the best thing on tv by far.

Every episode has been progressively better this season.

I can't believe there's only 2 episodes left...

But they're going to be incredible.

Publicity stills:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DD666FM3/true-blood-20090824001747886_640w.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DD666FM3/true-blood-20090824001744183_640w.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DD666FM3/true-blood-20090824001745011_640w.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DD666FM3/true-blood-20090824001746277_640w.jpg

Funndeath
08-28-2009, 12:16 PM
That looks fucking awesome. MUST get down to watching season 2.

Jakob Synn
08-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Whoa! Is Bill tanning while Sookie is in trouble? That's not very nice, unless that's a flashback.

slappyDUMMY
08-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Sunday's episode was pretty good. I'm pleased with how this season is turning out. and I though the queen looked familiar!

Jakob Synn
08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
I thought last nights episode was rather un-climatic and disappointing. Though it was nice to see Eric fly an have flying hair after he lands.

sugarbaby
08-31-2009, 09:56 PM
I like this show too.
I have only watched all of season one but I don't mind the chat with spoilers because I'm not THAT into anything.I always read and follow all of the hype and then just buy it when it comes out on dvd.
I liked Tara and Lafayette best so far and the mud dead sex scene.
I am hoping Evan's character is intriguing.I'd want to be a part of this show too if I were her and what's better than being the Queen?

Funndeath
09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I love going back to watch a good show after a long time. It's like meeting friends after a long time. I just watched Season 1 Episode 10.
As I said before, I fucking love Lafayette, I want to be his best friend. I love the part where he's watching a movie (The Bad and the Beautiful) and knows all the dialogues.
I also love when Tara is drunk and says to Andy "Well let me wrap it up for you. He don't know anything, he didn't do anything and he don't give a shit".
Does anyone remember the episode where Bill is playing Wii golf? So sweet!

vampgurl
09-05-2009, 02:30 AM
I just recently got into the show, since I rarely watch TV. And I love it!!
I watch it online though :p because I hate commericals.

Jakob Synn
09-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Season 2 finale tomorrow!!!! Too bad I'll miss it because I'll be watching Franz Ferdinand play but I'll be sure to download it when I get home and watch it right away to discuss with y'all tomorrow.

sugarbaby
09-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm watching season two now and I'm all caught up for the finale.I really like Maryann,she's got snakes in her head.This is the only tv show that I like,it's fun to have something to keep up with for awhile.I haven't been this into a show since Twin Peaks.and the weirder it gets..the more I love it.

Jakob Synn
09-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Ugh! I hate Maryanne. Have from the start. And I just realized that the season 2 finale is next week :( Oh well, I guess now I won't miss it.

Jakob Synn
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/20 ... -fail.html (http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/2009/09/lindsay-lohan-fail.html)

Jason Stackhouse semi-nudie shot

Sputnik
10-24-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm bringing this thread back to life, since I just started watching it, I'm up to episode 5 of season 1, I Really like it so far!!! I think it's one of the only few shows that actually interest me so far...

ShelfLife
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
After watching the first three episodes over a period of a month, I just went through the rest of the series in under a week. Then I begged my "supplier" to give me the second series. :P I don't think I'm quite as obsessed with it as I am other things, but goddamn it's watchable. It also has those random moments that just make you giggle.

What I have become obsessed with is the band they featured in episode 10, at the engagement party (that doesn't count as a spoiler, does it?) - C.C. Adcock and the Lafayette Marquis. Now I'm just trying to find a decent torrent for some of their music because I watched that episode about 4 times just to enjoy that band.

DecayingSinner
11-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I recently found out about this show. Is it correct that Alan Ball has a part in writing this show? I really enjoyed Six Feet Under and am very curious about this. What is the synopsis of the show? As I understand the second season just ended as well?

ShelfLife
11-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Yep, Alan Ball created it, and wrote the first 3 episodes. I'm really keen to get into Six Feet Under now.

Basic synopsis - thanks to them clever scientists in Japan, who have engineered an artificial blood substitute, vampires have "come out of the closet" and are attempting to integrate themselves into society. The story focuses on a telepathic waitress in a small Louisiana town, her developing relationship with the first vampire of the town (I love how one of the character's refers to him as "Vampire Bill"), and a string of murders that seems to keep pointing at her brother.

It's incredibly watchable. My friend gave me all the episodes, and I keep watching episode after episode after episode. It's got a rather Joss Whendon-esque sense of humour, which I really love, and it's got a very good soundtrack. And the second season is even better than the first.

Funndeath
12-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Watched Season 1 episode 11 and 12 and Season 2 Episode 1 today. Ah, so much fun.
Bill recycles! That's just one of those sweet responsible man type things I like about him, and his exasperating "parent" type relationship with Jessica. I also really like Terry. He just seems like such a sweet, gentle guy. Lafayette is still my favourite, though.
And yes, it's got an amazing soundtrack. At the end of S1E12, there's an amazing song by Crooked Still called Ain't No Grave, apparently it's a traditional song, but they've put a bluegrass twist to it. Really cool.

slappyDUMMY
12-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Terry gets more spotlight in S2.

PS. God has horns.

Funndeath
12-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Yay! Slappy! I'm so glad you're here to talk about True Blood with me. :D
I love Terry. The scene with him and Lafayette after he confronts Andy is awesome. He's a very gentle soul. I even like Hoyt, he seems like a really sweet guy. And I like Lafayette's tshirt that says "Bitch".
Have I mentioned I love Pam? She is totally the HBIC. I love her eye rolling and her deadpan sarcasm.
http://a4.vox.com/6a00c2251fecfa8fdb00fad6b63e3c0005-500pi
http://true-blood.net/gallery/albums/cast-season1/normal_PamEric_HBO.jpg
You remember that scene where Eric says to Lafayette (about having blood in his hair) "Pam's going to kill me!" and then she says "This is a disaster, we'll have to go much shorter than I planned", Eric says to Lafayette "You were there, you saw it, defend me". And "Pam, those were some great pumps". Oh god, I remember the dialogues. I really like Eric-Pam banter.
I don't usually go for the beefy giant type, but goddamn Scandinavians get me every time, Eric is just fucking HOT. Everything he does is fucking hot.
EDIT: Oh! And Godric! He's all "Respect ma authoritah!". Well, he's more of a Buddha type serene, resigned figure but still awe-inspiring. I'd loved to have seen more of his back story. The whole, older than Jesus, badass Runic tattoos thing is awesome. And I want to see more of the evil, mass murdering Godric because he is fucking cool.
And didn't you think Maryanne was fucking irritating from the start?
Sorry if I sound all incoherent, I haven't slept in a long time and things actually look blurry now. O.O

ShelfLife
12-07-2009, 02:52 AM
Terry is my favourite I think. :) Lafayette's amazing, but I'm not sure if he has a quote that beats this one.

Sookie : I just wish Bill was here.
Terry: There some dead people I wish were still around, too.

As for Godric, there was something about him that didn't sit right for me. They set him up to be someone whom I could like, but I think they made him out to be a bit too...Jesus-y I guess. "Let us not fight, let us have peace...in fact, I will matyr myself to ensure there is peace!" Too mellow. Though I did like the line, "I would have liked to have met your Jesus, but I must have missed it."

Funndeath
12-07-2009, 06:29 AM
The thing with Godric is, he's 2000+ years old. He's done and seen some serious shit before he became a combination of Gandhi and Buddha. But you can tell that he's not a pussy, like when he kills Gabe or tells Lorena to sit her stupid ass down and "retract her fangs". He still commands respect.
I also like the attachment that Eric has for him, like when he says "If Godric is lost then I have nothing left" or something like that and we see a tear of blood. I'd love to see their relationship explored. I can sense some very subtle homoerotic undercurrents, too. But mostly its like Godric was everything for him, like he says "Father, brother, child". I also want to see psycho Godric on a killing spree. I hope we see that in flashbacks.
I loved that Terry dialogue. I love his nervous, jerky demeanor.
Representin' my boy, Lafayette.
[youtube:1rngxpbj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=890ULiSXZSY[/youtube:1rngxpbj]
[youtube:1rngxpbj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz3zi8sweYA[/youtube:1rngxpbj]
[youtube:1rngxpbj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NEwiMq46tA&feature=related[/youtube:1rngxpbj]

Tinuviel
12-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Watched Season 1 episode 11 and 12 and Season 2 Episode 1 today. Ah, so much fun.
Bill recycles! That's just one of those sweet responsible man type things I like about him, and his exasperating "parent" type relationship with Jessica. I also really like Terry. He just seems like such a sweet, gentle guy. Lafayette is still my favourite, though.

I just watched the first episode of season 2. I watched it online since I didn't (or couldn't;)) want to wait until swiss TV airs the second season.
Haha, yeah Bill recycles! That's adorable - especially how explains Jessica hwow it works! ^^
And I also like Terry very much. It's just how you said. He seems to be so gentle and caring. I hope he and Arlene get together.

I'm currently reading the fourth book of "the southern ampire mysteries" and I've got to say that the books are just as entertaining as the series - at least that's what I think. I like especially Eric's character in the books so much more. He's more multi-faceted and I think he and Pam are even funniern than they are on TV.
Is there someone who has read the books and as well saw episode 1 of the 2.season? I'd really like to know if Eric ever kills that guy who was prisoned with Lafayette in the books as well. I've just started to really like or even love him and then he does something like that! :p
I'm truly on Bill's side when it comes to the series...but in the books Eric is gaining my symapthie.

Sputnik
12-29-2009, 06:35 PM
^I read the books! I have 2 to go till I finish with the series lol. The books are really different from tv, and I think I prefer reading because I can visualise everything for myself other than see it... does that make sence?
I never saw the 2nd season tho... it didn't air here yet.

Tinuviel
12-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Yes, that makes perfekt sense to me! That's why I mostly prefer reading as well.
I still like the series. The fact that the story differs so much makes me hope that Bill and Sookie maybe won't breake up on TV! :)

Tinuviel
03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Rutina Wesley just posted on Facebook that True Blood is going to return on June 13.
Well...I can't wait! :)

There's a veeery short sneak peek I just found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fytB6cDz4s

Funndeath
03-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Yay! Can't wait to watch it again! And did you see the trailer called "We're back in production". Fucking cool.

Tinuviel
03-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I've seen it on youtube as well! Fucking cool indeed! :)

I also like all those little vampire clips and interviews with residents of Bon Temps and stuff you cn aso find on youtube. Some of them are quite amusing! :)

By the way...I can't believe that I tried no to lik Eric in the beginning. What the hell was I thinking!? ;)

Tinuviel
03-31-2010, 09:53 AM
A photo from season 3 has been released:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/Sayids-Princess/th_s3teaser.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/Sayids-Princess/?action=view&current=s3teaser.jpg)

Sookie & Eric <3

Jakob Synn
04-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Makes me wonder if Alan Ball will go with the whole Eric and Sookie thing.

Though it looks like from that pic that Sookie is probably questioning him about the abduction of Bill and Eric is acting all tough.

I'm excited for Season 3.

Tinuviel
04-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I sure do hope so! I'd be really pissed if they woudn't get together in a way.
If the show continues to be oriented at least a little bit on the books I'd say the chances to see them together are pretty good.

I recently watched this on youtube. Alan says something about the whole Sookie & Bill / Sookie & Eric scenario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbZETpI6UOM

Honestly, I like Bill alot but Eric totally won me over! ;)

ShelfLife
04-02-2010, 04:21 PM
So many fans want to see Eric and Sookie get it off and screw for the entire season. And whilst they do make a very hot pairing, I would be incredibly sad if after they spent so long cementing Bill and Sookie as "soulmates", Bill is dumped for the sexier Icelandic man. But I guess I'm just a romantic like that.

I really want to see Jessica again, and if she and Hoyt make up. :3

Tinuviel
04-02-2010, 04:43 PM
^ Yeah I understand what you mean. I shared the same opinion during the first season but after Eric got more screen time I changed my mind. I love his part and Alexander sure is a great actor as well. It was nice to see that Eric has much more to offer than owning a bar and being a sheriff.

I'l mark the following as a spoiler, just in case someone wants to read the books...

At first I did't want the Sookie and Bill relationship to come to an end. Then I've red all the books and Bill really shocked and disappointed me. I literally threw the book away from me (only to stand up and pick it up again) when I read what he had done to Sookie. Yeah, yeah I'm way to dramatic I know. But that was the point when I made up my mind and changed sides. Well of course I have no idea how Bill's character is going to develop in the TV show, but should he have the same backstory as he has in the books I can only hope that Eric is going to get Sookie.

DecayingSinner
04-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Just got into this series this past weekend. I've seen the first four episodes so far and absolutely love it. I didn't know it was an Alan Ball series. Six Feet Under is my favorite show. So excited to catch up on the past two seasons.

Tinuviel
04-12-2010, 06:59 AM
I just stareted rewatching the second season. :)

There's another HBO promo video on youtube with a tiny little bit of True Blood in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlOgoOBC1fU

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3181/alextbws42.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3530/alextbws41.jpg

Funndeath
04-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Yay! More Sophie Anne! Has anyone checked out those videos by BloodCopy.com on Youtube? Very realistic looking "true blood universe" videos. Like ads for vampire motels, interviews with Merlott's patrons, videos of the Great Revelation from various countries (there's China, Nigeria, America, "India" which is actually in Nepalese). It might be really old, but I still thought it was interesting marketing, and extension of the whole "truebloodverse" or whatever.

Tinuviel
04-13-2010, 01:36 AM
^Yes I have seen them as well. They are pretty good and with no doubt a good advertising campaign.
There's an special features on the season 1 dvd called "In Focus: Vampires in America: A mockumentary about vampires in America". I watched it some days ago and found it rather amusing. Nan Flanagan that Vampire League speaker and Theodore Newlin are in it as well.

DecayingSinner
04-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Halfway through Season 1 now. I am completely hooked. The ending of every episode has me craving more. Just ended where the grandmother dies and she sleeps with Bill and he bites her. I can't wait to see what happens. It's a story line that is easy to relate to, but not quite, has me cracking up with some one liners, and is stereo typical southern America.

vampgurl
05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah its great.. The 3rd season come out in June :)

Tinuviel
05-06-2010, 11:38 AM
^ Yeah the new season is going to start on June 13. :)

I just stumbled across another HBO promo trailer featuring some new season 3 snippets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7gujdX6Ozk&feature=player_embedded

http://i44.tinypic.com/qxj3tx.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4883/alexpromotb32.jpg

Those minisodes are really cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHPQSsrq0qs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHPQSsrq0qs)

Eric & Pam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11GAh_KfyoY&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11GAh_KfyoY&feature=related)

It made me laugh out loud! I just love Eric and Pam! ;)

And then, Jessica:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFAwFtTsgys

The new posters are pretty nice as well:

http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/index.html#/true-blood/inside/posters/download/poster-vamp-stamp.html

http://screencrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/true-blood-season-3-full-cast-poster-27-4-10-kc.jpg

DecayingSinner
06-01-2010, 08:19 PM
2 episodes left of Season 2. I just ordered HBO so I can watch season 3. $10 a month for 6 months. Just enough time to get Season 3 in. I kind of know how Season 2 ends from reading, but not quite sure. It is all coming together now. I can't wait to see this finale and jump right into Season 3.

Tinuviel
06-02-2010, 02:07 PM
^ Great to hear you're still enjoying the show! :)
I can hardly wait for season 3 to start! I'm already thrilled to see what's going to happen next. I guess I will have to watch it somehow on the internet. Season two hasn't been aired in Switzerland yet so it could take forever until season three gets broadcasted. :(

Edit: Rutina Wesley just posted another link on her facebook page:
http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/about/video/ultimate-fan-season-3-preview.html?autoplay=true&cmpid=ABC123

Now I am really excited! :) :)

DecayingSinner
06-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Tinuviel- thanks. This show has become much of an obsession of my boyfriend and I. I haven't been this hooked on a show since Six Feet Under. I know ERW is in the next episode we see together and it's killing me not to watch it without him!!!! I can't wait for Season 3! 11 more days!!!

Anima XI
06-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I finished the first two seasons a while ago now, I absolutely adore the show!! Can't wait for the third season!!

For whoever's already seen it, Who do you think kidnapped Bill?

Tinuviel
06-05-2010, 06:06 AM
^That show is extremely addictive, isn't it? :) I loved how the characters developed so far and I'm eager to see what happens next. I expect the storyline to be quite different from the books, but I don't really mind that. They have made some good changes and added brilliant characters, so there's nothing I could complain about so far.

And to answer your question:

I think it was Lorena who kidnapped Bill. Well, it was her who did it in the and I think it would make sense in the tv show as well.

Anima XI
06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
^ Yes, I love it! I haven't actually read the books, so it's even more exciting for me ^_^

About the spoiler: Ah, that's what I suspected, it does make sense after all. =)

DecayingSinner
06-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Anyone see the Season 3 opener?! Tons of things going on this season already. Glad to see ERW still. This is going to be an exciting summer.

Tinuviel
06-30-2010, 11:21 AM
I fucking love season three so far! Sometimes I get a little confused beacuse I mix up what I read in the books with the tv-show's storyline.

I think, this scene whas one of the funniest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpQelJs0Kos

It made me laugh out loud! =)

Anima XI
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
^ Lol, me too xD she said it just like Bill!

This is a very cool season so far. I feel so sorry for Jessica, Sam, Tara and Sookie; I like the new vampires and werewolves; and it's interesting to see what horrible things Bill can do to Lorena before the episode ends =O

Tinuviel
06-30-2010, 12:13 PM
^ I watched that episode last night and I have to admit that last scene shocked me a little bit. It was a rather dreadful sight...
I wonder when Lorena gets killed irrevocable!? She has survived quite a lot of "attacks" lately...

thedarkhorse
06-30-2010, 02:07 PM
I was in the middle of eating my dinner, it put me right off.

DecayingSinner
07-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Looks like ERW is back on next week's episode. Can't wait!!!!

Tinuviel
07-22-2010, 03:54 AM
^ Me neither! I'm getting more and more addicted!

I really like Eric's back story, even though it's very different from his "original" back story in the books. I hope he's going to save Pam soon and get's his revenge. That vampire/were alliance has to be shattered. And some one should finally kill Lorena! ;)

Funndeath
07-22-2010, 04:09 AM
That Brit vampire is really sexy, even though he's damn creepy. I like the gay French dude also, total diva. The flashbacks are interesting, hope to see more of Godric.

S.Hal0mega.B
07-22-2010, 06:13 AM
What? IS GODRIC coming back? I've only seen season 1 and 2, waiting for 3 to come out on DVD so i can watch it all at once :D

I cried when Eric cried over Godric's choice to perish. :[

Funndeath
07-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Not as in getting resurrected or anything, he just appears in flashbacks.

Funndeath
07-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Lafayette is SO CUTE when he's all crushing on Jesus and shit. And that scoff thing he does when he's being complimented, totally something I do. I'm not really feelin' the other main characters these days, even Tara, though she's still got her spunk. I'm liking Jessica more.

Funndeath
08-09-2010, 03:14 AM
There's some rather intense shit happening these days. I'm starting to enjoy it. I like that everyone's back story is unraveling slowly.

Anima XI
08-09-2010, 02:18 PM
^ Yeah, last night's episode was insane!

I can't wait to see what Russell does to Eric, or what the Authority will do to Russell =P Also, it's nice to see Bill/Sookie and Lafayette/Jesus back together!

Tinuviel
08-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I agree with both of you! But I still long to see something more going on between Sookie and Eric. And I want Sookie to find out why Bill originally came to Bon Temps.
Oh, and by the way: Gosh, Alcide is just hot! ;) What a man!

Anima XI
08-10-2010, 12:01 AM
I agree with both of you! But I still long to see something more going on between Sookie and Eric. And I want Sookie to find out why Bill originally came to Bon Temps.

Agreed, I'm so glad he's on the show <3

Funndeath
08-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Haha. Alcide is quite hot, true. I wish for something to happen with him and Tara, though I doubt it will.
I want to know what the deal is with this vampire authority. And I'm glad the magister is dead, he's a piss off. I want to see more of PAM!

Tinuviel
08-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I couldn't agree more!
Pam is so gorgeous and I love the variety of the outfits she's wearing.

I can't wait to find out what Eric is going to do to Russell...I hope he manages to kill him or at least disempower him. Oh, and I wonder what's going to happen to Sophie-Anne and what Hadley told her about Sookie.

DecayingSinner
08-10-2010, 06:41 PM

Oh yea...absolute eye candy. I read an article about the training he had to do to look like that. I wish I had that discipline.

Anima XI
08-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Haha. Alcide is quite hot, true. I wish for something to happen with him and Tara, though I doubt it will.
I want to know what the deal is with this vampire authority. And I'm glad the magister is dead, he's a piss off. I want to see more of PAM!

Hm, him and Tara? I always thought it would end up as a Bill-Sookie-Alcide love triangle =P Maybe you're right, but...

I'm not even sure Franklin is dead. I think Tara has to find closure from him first.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more!
Pam is so gorgeous and I love the variety of the outfits she's wearing.

I can't wait to find out what Eric is going to do to Russell...I hope he manages to kill him or at least disempower him. Oh, and I wonder what's going to happen to Sophie-Anne and what Hadley told her about Sookie.

Me too! There might be some huge vampire fight between them. What do you think Sookie is? It's so confusing, but I think she might be a fairy or forest spirit of some kind, based on her near-death experience.

Tinuviel
08-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Me too! There might be some huge vampire fight between them. What do you think Sookie is? It's so confusing, but I think she might be a fairy or forest spirit of some kind, based on her near-death experience.

I'd definitively like to see a fight between them. With Eric winning of course! ^^ I already thought that fight-training between Bill and Jessica was really cool, so I fight between two so strong vamps really would bring up some action!
You're actually right with your assumption. At least she's a fairy in the books. But she does not have that light coming out of her hands. I guess they decided to give her some more power, besides the telepathy.

Anima XI
08-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I'd definitively like to see a fight between them. With Eric winning of course! ^^ I already thought that fight-training between Bill and Jessica was really cool, so I fight between two so strong vamps really would bring up some action!
You're actually right with your assumption. At least she's a fairy in the books. But she does not have that light coming out of her hands. I guess they decided to give her some more power, besides the telepathy.

Oh, cool, thanks for confirming the fairy part ^_^ Can't wait to see the next episode

Tinuviel
08-21-2010, 01:29 PM
I just watched last Sunday's episode. :)

I'm glad Eric is getting the chance to take vengeance! Gosh, the ending was brilliant! I loved Russell's TV appearance "Now time for the weather - Tiffany!" I laughed my ass off! Well Nan, I bet now you wish you would have listened to our lovely Eric! ^^

Jakob Synn
09-03-2010, 07:46 PM
A part of me thinks Eric is going to die to make sure Russell dies so he can get retribution for Russell killing his family, but a part of me thinks there will be some last minute thing that will help Eric escape death.

I was also thinking that Bill and Sookie might not help him due to their conversation in the car about how in their new life Eric Northman doesn't exist.

Though, if Eric dies, who gets amnesia next year?

delirium
09-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Well, I think that Jason Stackhouse would get bitten, turned into a vampire, and then suffer from amnesia. During this period, he forgets he is Sookie's brother, and a whole bunch of nonsense and incest occurs.

I find that disgusting, but it would be so delightful if that were to happen before this show crashes and burns.

blue angel
08-25-2014, 04:50 AM
TRUE BLOOD is over.....................let it bleed
x
and what kind of finale was THAT?!!!!

spaceSuicide
08-25-2014, 06:50 AM
TRUE BLOOD is over.....................let it bleed
x
and what kind of finale was THAT?!!!!

Well this show was going to get an unfair ruling no matter what it did.

People would shit on it if Bill decided to take Sarah's blood and lived happily ever after with Sookie. If not, people would shit on it if he died like what happened in the episode for some sort of redemption.

I enjoyed it. I don't know what people were expecting. I was satisfied with what I was handed. I've also thoroughly enjoyed the entire series sans season 4 and a majority of 3.

Though watching Sookie stake Bill in the casket/grave was sad, honestly.

Norsefire
08-25-2014, 07:53 AM
I feel good because I still have last season and this season to watch :D which means it's not over for me yet!

spaceSuicide
08-25-2014, 10:28 AM
I feel good because I still have last season and this season to watch :D which means it's not over for me yet!

I'm not as fast as some people on "binge watching" but I steamrolled through this series. Started season one in late May and caught up for the finale as of two days ago. :p

DecayingSinner
08-30-2014, 02:23 PM
I actually thought it was the best episode out of a horrendous season. It was fulfilling.

blue angel
08-30-2014, 02:38 PM
I can just say that I am happy that you know who died and you know who did it.....I am alright with it being over, because it was just running dry.