PDA

View Full Version : 0135

S.D.
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
It's a potentially tiny observation, but alphabetically, the letters 'M' and 'E' are the 13th and 5th numbers respectively. By that reasoning, they can be represented as 1305, which as you'll no doubt remember, is the four digits that were used in the Celebritarian cypher prior to the release of EAT ME, DRINK ME. So effectively, the title of the record can read EAT 1305, DRINK 1305.
Another suggestion I remember reading during scrutiny of EAT ME, DRINK ME, was that Manson was not referring to any external personalities during the album, but rather himself, which made me consider another way of looking at the significance of the number sequence. If 3 x 5 equals 15 (Manson), and 01 is a single unit, then to some degree, 01 may be equal to 15, which would be conclusive with the notion that Manson is the audience to which he communicates; "I Am You" - indicating that the 01 is YOU and 15 is ME. This idea is also interesting when you consider that Portrait of an American Family and EAT ME, DRINK ME both have these separate statements written down the frontal spine of their CD tray sleeve.

Also, if one were to consider the title of You and Me and the Devil Makes 3, if 01 is still the individual, and ME (Manson) is 15, then the title reads 01 and 15 And The Devil Makes 3, duplicating part of the number sequence once more.

Just some of my thoughts, I'd be happy to read more.

The Empirical Guy
08-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Well spotted as always. But seriously, you have too much time one your hands to come up with this stuff. Interesting, though.

S.D.
08-12-2009, 06:46 AM
But seriously, you have too much time one your hands to come up with this stuff.

Ah, but you're operating under the impression that my brain is like that of normal men, and that I do not have a super computer operating within it, ready to calculate and produce complex and unlikely scenarios or analyses of rock and roll music at any given opportunity...

You're right though, I'm just a loser.

Maniac Master
08-12-2009, 11:04 AM
you're S.D., a genious.
don't tell me you're looser while writing these essays.

The Empirical Guy
08-13-2009, 04:54 AM
But seriously, you have too much time one your hands to come up with this stuff.

Ah, but you're operating under the impression that my brain is like that of normal men, and that I do not have a super computer operating within it, ready to calculate and produce complex and unlikely scenarios or analyses of rock and roll music at any given opportunity...

You're right though, I'm just a loser.

My brain is much the same. It just apparently doesn't get directed to analyzing Manson songs as much as yours does.

And whether you're a loser or not, you turn out some cool stuff.

S.D.
08-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Okay, I was kind of joking, I wouldn't really call myself a loser, but I don't think I would refer to myself as a genius for recognising these things either! I'm flattered that people enjoy these thoughts in any context, even if it apears I have too much time on my hands.
I like to look for patterns, logical conclusions and tangents in all aspects of life and entertainment, it makes it seem all the more interesting, and things like this are no different. I still think that one of the key ideas behind the number cypher was the encouragement of individuals to do just that, to simply look further and draw their own conclusions.
To be fair, this occurred to me when I was sat day-dreaming, and after reading something in a Hunter S. Thompson book, I just don't like to let go of an idea if it pops into my head.

Some other thoughts:-

I went to God just to see, and I was looking at me - I went to God just to see, and I was looking at 1305
This isn't me, I'm not mechanical - This isn't 1305, I'm not 1305chanical/MEchanical
YOU CAN'T KILL ME MOTHERFUCKERS - YOU CAN'T KILL 1305 MOTHERFUCKERS - YOU CAN'T K1LL 1305 MOTHERFUCKER5

Additionally, I was just discussing David Bowie and Manson. From Station To Station, there is obviously TVC15, which Oedepus interpreted as meaning "T.V. Channel 15" - The Dope Show (http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2716/drugs152.jpg)
Also: "God is in the TV" - C = 3 - 15

"as hollow as the 0 in God"

Sputnik
08-24-2009, 02:18 PM
O_0
How on earth did you get all this?!?
SD - I think you're starting to freak me out a little. I think I'm starting to get scarred of numbers now.

S.D.
08-25-2009, 10:36 AM
It's simply a process of letting yourself see things on a different level than if you were to take them at face value. That said, it doesn't mean that you have to, or that there is a pre-ordained way of it manifesting. As I often remind people, I still enjoy fist pumping rock and roll and all the frivolity that goes with it, but there is as ever, always more to know.
Perhaps this number sequence correlates so well because... it just does, is an interesting way of looking at it. Maybe the code sequence wasn't something that had to be "solvved", merely interpreted by the individual in a myriad of ways, and applied to whatever ideas and theories one might already have. I think that is something Manson was hinting at when he said that the code turned into something he didn't necessarily approve of, because people were (in some cases) seeing it as something that had a tangible "result", which you are only supposed to "notice", not gain ownership of - "I'll possess you but I don't need you to be one of my possessions" ...if you will.

Anyway, I fucking swear I'm not making this shit up, it just seems so damn obvious when you think about it. I noticed this also:-

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp112/providermodule/Analysis/COMA.jpg

As we are all aware, the word COMA is emblazoned on the Mechanical Animals disc. Look what occurs (regarding numbers and their alphabetical position) if you do this:-

C = 03
O = 15
M = 13
A = 01

That obviously relates to the fact that we have Coma White and Coma Black also, in continuing the positive and negative in Manson's work, as it is essentially relating 0135 to the duality of nature. But the essence of the word COMA and how it has been interpreted in relation to other thoughts regarding the code structure (some of them written here) is an exciting discovery, I feel. As I said, there's just more to know. I'd love to know more thoughts people might have on this.