PDA

View Full Version : Nov 21 2009 - Alsterdorfen Sportehalle - Hamburg, GER

Norsefire
08-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

Maniac Master
08-12-2009, 11:00 AM
definitly going. i just need to buy a ticket.^^

hardyzbest
09-24-2009, 10:28 PM
me, too. So we'll see each other ;)

Maniac Master
11-20-2009, 01:36 PM
alright, i really got a ticket. :D
and i got it for 30, i'm so lucky.^^

Ezekhiel
11-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Good for you, lol !

Tinuviel
11-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Great to hear that! :) :) Have fun! ;)

Maniac Master
11-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Marilyn Manson, Docks Club, Hamburg, November 21st.

My Masterplan:
2 1/2 hours travel to Hamburg by train - visiting a friend who lives in Hamburg to deposite my stuff somewhere - walking back to the trainstation and east to the Reeperbahn where the venue is located - finding somebody who wants to sell a ticket, because i needed a second one for a friend.

well, at first i was sure that i won't be able to attend this concert because it was sold out, but the ancient gods somehow must have thought i'm worth a bit of luck. anyways, i found a person in my hometown who couldn't drive to Hamburg and wanted to sell his ticket for 30 (30 fuckin' , the general basis-price was 45 - before the concert was sold out) YAY!
so, i put up a plan within 2 days and asked a person i didn't even know before if she'd like to come with me (without a ticket) and she agreed. i paid 10 for the way to Hamburg, which is - again - fuckin' cheap. :D
in Hamburg everything worked out pretty well. i deposited my stuff at my friends appartment, we walked back to the trainstation and found the Reeperbahn (funny place! :D) pretty soon. we arrived at 15:30 and bought a second ticket at round about 17:00 for 25 (xD). one hour left to wait until they'd let us in. we chatted with a bunch of other fans and i tried to find Hardy who didn't show up...
FINALLY they let us in. my first thought: "heck, this is a small venue o.O". But that didn't matter after all. to be honest i liked it more than the Sporthalle back in 2007.
i was able to get into the second row in the middle, directly in front of MMs mini-catwalk. there i chatted a lot with a couple standing close to me. the guy actually shares his first name with me.^^
we waited another 2 hours until Esoterica started playing and i didn't really enjoy them. there was no power and this band wasn't able to express what they wanted to express.
the break afterwards was long, 30 minutes at least. oh man, all in all i waited 5 1/2 hours until the intro for MM began...

the intro was mega-intense, seriously. o.O sooooo much fog, i wasn't able to see the security-guy who stood only 1m away from me. then the red light turned up behind the curtain. god, it was so great when it fell down and i just saw MMs arms and the lasers attached to his fingers while the band played that riff of Cruci-fiction In Space.
INTENSE, man i was overwhelmed. MM looked so great, not fat at all, like i always said, his voice was killer and the band enjoyed itself so much. i thought i couldn't be happier until the end of (can't remember which song, i guess it was The Love Song)...

the day before the concert i took white sheet and painted "AIDS, etc..." in big black letters on it, because my mate Spinat from Moscow told me it worked when they made a banner for the show in Russia.
so MM saw my banner during the first song and pointed in my face with his lasers but at the end of that song i can't remember anymore (probably Love Song), he took it and hold it up to show it to the audience. :)
yeah, i'm happy, thanks Alex! i'm officially a cocksucker now.^^
MM threw it down afterwards and the security-guy handed it back to me. i still have it.
overall i touched Manson exactly 8 times (7 times fingers and once chest when he came down to the crowd close to the end of the show).

other facts:
- Manson punched Vrenna in his nuts during one song.
- There have been technical problems when they wanted to start playing DU,TADTTW.
- Manson pretended to suck Twiggys dick.
- At one point, a woman (most likely Stoya) turned up at the left side of the stage behind the speakers. she was barely visible (fog), but there was a lot of skin right there and she spread her legs when Manson looked over to her.
- Stage lights, oxygen, make-up, clapperboard, burning bible.

Setlist (not in right order):
Cruci-fiction In Space
Disposablee Teens
Pretty As A Swastika
Irresponsibly Hate Anthem
Love Song
4 Rusted Horses
Devour
We're From America
Dried Up, Tied And Dead To The World
Rock Is Dead
The Dope Show
Coma White/Coma Black
Sweet Dreams/Rock'N'Roll Nigger
The Beautiful People

(no If I Was Your Vampire) i might have left one out, but there are people with the correct setlist out there. ;)

overall it was the best concert i've attended in a long time and i enjoyed it much more than the show in 2007. just one word: perfect!

after the show i went to the rear of the venue to wait at the tour-bus. i only saw MM walking into the bus...
anyways, just when i was about to leave i saw a guy i knew from somewhere. it was Bruce and he was amused that i called him 'Soundcheck-Dude'. he actually remembered me because i added him on myspace several months ago when i recognized him being the 'Soundcheck-Dude' for Stone Sour back in 2006. i found him by accident when randomly searching for MM-pictures. So, again i was lucky as fuck. :D

i spent the night semi-drunk on my friends couch fucked up and smelling like shit, but happy, very happy and satisfied. :)

(just paid 7 for the travel back. overall i didn't spend more than 60 for everything!!)

that was my night at the Docks...

Ich_Bin_Du
11-22-2009, 08:53 AM
You lucky bastard... xD
Thanks for the detailed review!
I hope there'll be some good quality pics or videos with your banner. :>

Tinuviel
11-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the review! I really enjoyed reading it and beeing reminded of the show I attended in Cologne! Great to hear that you had such a great time and didn't even have to spend lots of money! :) That MM took your banner sure is fantastic! I wish I would have been able to touch hin as well...but I stood in front of Twiggy (which was awesome nevertheless) and he didn't come down to the crowd.

Haha, you just made me feel so much better since you seem to share my enthusiasm for MM's current shows. :)

The Empirical Guy
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
the day before the concert i took white sheet and painted "AIDS, etc..." in big black letters on it, because my mate Spinat from Moscow told me it worked when they made a banner for the show in Russia.
so MM saw my banner during the first song and pointed in my face with his lasers but at the end of that song i can't remember anymore (probably Love Song), he took it and hold it up to show it to the audience. :)
MM threw it down afterwards and the security-guy handed it back to me. i still have it.
overall i touched Manson exactly 8 times (7 times fingers and once chest when he came down to the crowd close to the end of the show).

Haha, yes that does work, I had an AIDS banner too. Someone should let him know all these AIDS banners he's seeing throughout the tour are all from Provider Module users =P

other facts:
- Manson punched Vrenna in his nuts during one song.

What? Why? Were they arguing or just messing around? o_0

Not Mechanical
11-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Haha, yes that does work, I had an AIDS banner too. Someone should let him know all these AIDS banners he's seeing throughout the tour are all from Provider Module users =P

I was thinking, seen as a few other people have done it, I may take one when he's in the UK.

plastique303
11-23-2009, 10:06 AM
It's good to read a positive review. I'm really looking forward to the Nottingham show. MM in my home town :)

Maniac Master
11-23-2009, 02:38 PM
You lucky bastard... xD
there are a bunch of great pictures:

taking the banner from me:
http://img42.imageshack.us/i/6398405fef74b1aed.jpg/

reading it (smile, lol, i love this pic):
http://img405.imageshack.us/i/cropped.jpg/

showing it to the crowd:
http://img517.imageshack.us/i/1895829cc5b153c9e.jpg/

*feels proud*
:)

Haha, you just made me feel so much better since you seem to share my enthusiasm for MM's current shows. :)
it was my pleasure.^^
it was just beyond awesome, seriously!

What? Why? Were they arguing or just messing around? o_0
no, they were just messing around. they really had lots of fun onstage.

Tinuviel
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Awesome pics! He really seems to enjoy your banner! :) You have all the right to feel proud! :)

The Empirical Guy
11-24-2009, 05:50 AM
[quote="Ich_Bin_Du":sfl419an]You lucky bastard... xD
there are a bunch of great pictures:

taking the banner from me:
http://img42.imageshack.us/i/6398405fef74b1aed.jpg/

reading it (smile, lol, i love this pic):
http://img405.imageshack.us/i/cropped.jpg/

showing it to the crowd:
http://img517.imageshack.us/i/1895829cc5b153c9e.jpg/

*feels proud*
:)

[/quote:sfl419an]

Great pics! But argh, why aren't there any like this when he took my banner?!

Ich_Bin_Du
11-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Great pics! :D
There are still no good quality videos on youtube. -.-

sp1nat
11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
No problem, mate. I remember, you promised me a beer.;)

So, if anyone want to read the story about this (http://www.darkside.ru/show/2009/marilyn_manson_msk/3127-16.jpg) (banners which he told about), check it (http://www.nachtkabarett.com/babalon/topic/3104--Nov-12-2009-The-New-Arena-St-Petersburg-Russia/page:2#p83887).

Maniac Master
11-26-2009, 12:58 PM
spinat, i will totally pay you every beer that day we meet, not just one! :D

and thanks everybody for the nice comments! :)

well, yeah, i was lucky enough to remember asking the guy standing between me and the rail to send me his pictures after the concert. he really did that and i also got a bunch of other pictures from several concert-attenders.
but heck, why is there no video of this? :D