PDA

View Full Version : Sep 17 2009 - Air Canada Center - Toronto, Ontario

Norsefire
08-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

CaptainSneer
08-13-2009, 01:12 AM
i'm going, if you want to say hello to me, MikeSick, bug me at this show if you want to say hi. i'll only be a little drunk. pm me if you're down for a real meet up.

oysterboy
08-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I'll be there. :)

CaptainSneer
08-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Lucille, if you're reading this, prepare to be stalked!

oysterboy
09-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Concert tonight!!

I'm looking forward to it. Without the phant around anymore I haven't seen videos of every show on the tour so I have no idea what to expect which is kind of a first for me going to a Manson show. Usually I know the entire song line-up, all the props, everything. lol

CellarOwl
09-17-2009, 08:04 AM
As of yesterday, Ticketmaster was still selling floor tickets to this show. I guess because of the horribly shitty sales, people are now posting their hard tickets on craigslist for half of what they originally cost. Nobody giving a shit about Manson here has made it an awesome time to grab a ticket to one of his shows for anyone in need. They were crazy for booking such a ridiculous venue, especially on the same night as U2.

oysterboy
09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I just got back from the show now and it was fantastic. I'm too tired to type too much about it so I'll try to come back later. I was kind of set to be disappointed based on all the reviews I've read on this tour but I was happy to see he was in top form.

Tigger
09-18-2009, 01:45 AM
As of yesterday, Ticketmaster was still selling floor tickets to this show. I guess because of the horribly shitty sales, people are now posting their hard tickets on craigslist for half of what they originally cost. Nobody giving a shit about Manson here has made it an awesome time to grab a ticket to one of his shows for anyone in need. They were crazy for booking such a ridiculous venue, especially on the same night as U2.

fml...i think i accidentally sent you a pm rather than quoting you here, lol. and i deleted the pm and didnt save it so i guess i will try to say what i said before...again...

i don't think it was shitty sales, the acc is just way too big for a manson show. ever. not even at their highest commercial success could they ever sell that out. however, i would say that there was at least 5000-8000 people there. possibly more. which is a "huge" crowd as far as manson crowds go. it just should never have been at acc but i can't complain the show was amazing!

the setlist was as follows...for those wondering:

intro
we're from america
disposable teens
pretty as a swastika
little horn
irresponsible hate anthem
four rusted horses
wow
leave a scar
the dope show
rock is dead
wight spider
sweet dreams
rock n roll nigger
dried up tied and dead to the world
baby, you're a rich man/the beautiful people

=)

twiggy played the guitar to 'baby, you're a rich man' as manson asked "how does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" in the same way the beatles did in that song. manson sings it like that lots but i thought twiggy playing the song too was great!

whatever you do, no matter who you have to toss over a bridge - don't miss this tour!!!!

The Empirical Guy
09-18-2009, 03:29 AM
twiggy played the guitar to 'baby, you're a rich man' as manson asked "how does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" in the same way the beatles did in that song. manson sings it like that lots but i thought twiggy playing the song too was great!

That is infinitely cool :)

CellarOwl
09-18-2009, 07:53 AM
i don't think it was shitty sales, the acc is just way too big for a manson show. ever. not even at their highest commercial success could they ever sell that out. however, i would say that there was at least 5000-8000 people there. possibly more. which is a "huge" crowd as far as manson crowds go. it just should never have been at acc but i can't complain the show was amazing!

whatever you do, no matter who you have to toss over a bridge - don't miss this tour!!!!
If they can't fill the venue they booked, then the sales for it, not necessarily the artist, suck. The biggest show Manson has played in Toronto excluding his run with Slayer in 07, was in a 9000 person venue that didn't even sell out at the height of his career. The cost in booking a venue like ACC drives up the cost of tickets for fans, which ultimately is irresponsible to the people you're playing for when you're in a cavernous arena that's mostly blocked off. The Cure did the same thing here and it was the most expensive show on the entire tour. The positive in that is when people (ideally scalpers) start selling their $75 tickets for $30 because there's no real demand present. If I didn't have prior obligations last night (throwing peeps off a bridge) I might have grabbed one on the cheap.

CaptainSneer
09-18-2009, 08:45 AM
OMG!!! i met Lucille in the line and got right up to the front rail, i stayed there the entire show, i was directly in front of twiggy, and pretty close to manson too. i think we made eye contact right before he sang pretty as a swastika. my knees and left arm are bruised and hurt so bad, but its worth it. that was an awesome show, i was so delirious after.

thousand_kisses
09-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Not pics of the show, but they're from Toronto. He's wearing a blue net on his face, lol.

http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/ ... age-1.html (http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/marilyn-manson-galavants-around-toronto-blue-net-his-face35882/page-1.html)

AlcoholicArtist
09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Wow he looks really good and fucking amazing boots I love them! :O They look like they're from mechanical animals :P

DecayingSinner
09-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Pretty as a Swastika
[youtube:234a77a8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs22SmFqiZI[/youtube:234a77a8]

R_Flagg
09-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Awesome footage of Dried Up and Wight Spider:

[youtube:jizfzrow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3M2iG-HjM[/youtube:jizfzrow]

[youtube:jizfzrow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aPGjWihatM&feature=channel[/youtube:jizfzrow]

Jakob Synn
09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Is it just me or do you think Wight Spider should be performed a little slower and Manson on stilts? Maybe not even slower.

oysterboy
09-18-2009, 04:50 PM
I can see myself in the Dried Up video posted above.lol I'm right at the front centre of the stage, very right of the video screen, with the camera. My camera's up the highest.lol

Tigger
09-18-2009, 04:54 PM
[
If they can't fill the venue they booked, then the sales for it, not necessarily the artist, suck. The biggest show Manson has played in Toronto excluding his run with Slayer in 07, was in a 9000 person venue that didn't even sell out at the height of his career. The cost in booking a venue like ACC drives up the cost of tickets for fans, which ultimately is irresponsible to the people you're playing for when you're in a cavernous arena that's mostly blocked off. The Cure did the same thing here and it was the most expensive show on the entire tour. The positive in that is when people (ideally scalpers) start selling their $75 tickets for $30 because there's no real demand present. If I didn't have prior obligations last night (throwing peeps off a bridge) I might have grabbed one on the cheap.

Oh, I agree with you believe me. When I first bought my tickets, I didn't try for floor because I can't do floor. :( However, the only tickets I could get were at the side which is fine for me because the seats were pretty good. Anyway, you couldn't find tickets at all for the center looking directly at the stage from far off the other side. They were not available, at least I couldn't find them. And the seating chart showed that half the arena was blocked off. However, last night it was full arena and roughly half full give or take. I'm rambling from no sleep but I think that Manson over sold the "only half the arena" business and obviously undersold the full arena.

BTW., I read a review by the SUN and it was utterly crap. More "he didn't shock me! why oh why won't Marilyn shock me anymore? I need to be shocked! *cries*"

Jakob Synn
09-18-2009, 11:29 PM
I was talking about this on someone with Babalon about this same kind of situation.

My dilemma was that Manson play a stadium in Victoria when he could of played a theature in Vancouver probable half the size and sold out and would of had a better crowd than the one in Victoria.

There are a lot of problems with this solo tour. With the booking and the venues. I don't know what's up with that but playing a stadium should no longer be Manson's forte. I mean playing a 2500 seater should be on the top of the agenda before trying to play a stadium.

R_Flagg
09-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Does anyone know what exactly Chris does during songs like Leave A Scar and Hate Anthem? I've always wondered this, I figure sometimes he must be pretty bored. :p

Tigger
09-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Does anyone know what exactly Chris does during songs like Leave A Scar and Hate Anthem? I've always wondered this, I figure sometimes he must be pretty bored. :p

He plays with his toy action figures...

:o

CellarOwl
09-19-2009, 08:36 AM
BTW., I read a review by the SUN and it was utterly crap. More "he didn't shock me! why oh why won't Marilyn shock me anymore? I need to be shocked! *cries*"
Every show he's played here since '03 has been given exactly that same review. The reviewers are so busy being shocked at how conventional the shows are, that they're too distracted to realize that they were really expecting a tacky Alice Cooper set for whatever stupid reason. They all need to get out of 1997.

oysterboy
09-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Two girls after the show came up and took a pic with me while I waited outside the washroom. One took the pic, the other in a purple top stood next to me for it. I said "tag me on facebook" but then we awkwardly exchanged high fives and they left. lol I was wondering if either of them were from here or if anyone has seen the pic. I want to see it.