PDA

View Full Version : Sep 13 2009 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, Manitoba

Norsefire
08-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

Billie J
08-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I will be at this one, got my pit tickets in the pre-sale. If anyone else is going and cares to meet up before during or after the show let me know.

Jakob Synn
09-14-2009, 09:56 AM
SETLIST:

- We're From America

- Disposable Teens

- Pretty As A Swastika

- Little Horn

- Irresponsible Hate Anthem

- Four Rusted Horses

- WOW

- Leave A Scar

- The Dope Show

- Wight Spider

- Rock Is Dead

- Sweet Dreams

- Rock 'n Roll Nigger

- The Beautiful People

Ich_Bin_Du
09-14-2009, 10:00 AM
- Wight Spider

I hope we'll get some videos!

Leech King
09-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Winnipeg police blocked off Portage Ave. and called in for backup as rowdy fans poured out of Winnipeg's MTS Centre late Sunday (September 13) night after a Marilyn Manson concert. It's unknown how many people were arrested but several people were seen being taken away in handcuffs.

LINK (http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=48274)

Original Source - The Canadian Press

AlcoholicArtist
09-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Wtf!? :S

MMKaboom
09-14-2009, 04:13 PM
I can't wait to see or hear white spider love arrgb it's killing me how could someone be there and record other songs and not white spider gees. Omg

Billie J
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Sorry it is a little bit late, but here is my review on the show. The setlist was exactly what Jakob posted, so I will not repeat that. I was right up front on the rail, right in front of Twiggy for the entire show. The crowd was crazy, and I am all bruised, but it is all good. The energy was high even while standing in line.

The opening act was Die Mannequin. I had high expectations of this show because I thought they sounded decent on their MySpace page, but I was left unimpressed. Their songs were a little boring, and the singer was so plain to look at.

Now onto Manson. After Die left the stage the crowd was loud and a few Manson chants were started
(a few by yours truly of course). When the house lights went down, all of us at the front felt like we were hit by a semi-truck. Not helping was the fact that behind me was all these over weight macho guys who kept threatening me and my friends, and a few over weight chicks. The curtain drop was a bit of a mess, the security guards missed it and it blanketed the first few rows, but it was pulled away fairly quickly and there stood MM and company. This was my 9th MM show and I must say that I thought he sounded great. I don't understand how people can call him over weight, he looked healthy to me, and for a 40 year old man, he looks to be the correct weight. People need to stop being so fucking hollywood.

Before Wow Manson asked the crowd for a dollar bill. Manson is a smart guy and he has been to Canada many times, he should have known that Canadians do not have 1 or 2 dollar bills anymore, but alas he asked anyways and he was pelted with a loonie right in the forehead, about an inch away from his eye. He was rightfully pissed and said some things to the guy, but decided to turn the other cheek. I was yelling for him to kick his ass. Manson had a few 5 dollar bills, but he only kept one cracking a joke that it was only worth a dollar in America anyways and performed Wow without the bill rolled into his nose.

During Wight Spider MM came up behind Twiggy who had his head down, when Manson put his arm around his neck it scarred the fuck out of Twiggy. It was so funny, even Twiggy smiled and whispered something into the mic, MM even laughed a bit. A few songs later before MM put his arm around him MM but not before he whispered in his ear, probably a "hey its just me" sort of thing, they had fun with it. Steve taped Leave A Scar and that was really the only time I really saw him on stage recording. Stoya was on the left side of the stage and Manson did keep going over to her to kiss her or laugh, it was kind of cute, but reminded me a lot of Evan with the EMDM tour.

All in all I think it was a great show, unfortunatly because of the heavy fuckers behind me I couldn't get my camera out of my pants(MTS Security are Nazi's about cameras) so I did not get any pictures or video. I tried to get something with my cell phone, but that was just a fail. After the show I waited for about an hour for some shirts and had to walk out of the main entrance to a sea of cop cars, cops and rowdy people. I don't know what happened, but I over heard security saying that there was well over 22 squad cars, and well over 50 officers. They cleared up pretty fast.

AlcoholicArtist
09-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Why were the people behind threatening you?

Ezekhiel
09-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks for your great review Billie J !

Leech King
09-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Before Wow Manson asked the crowd for a dollar bill. Manson is a smart guy and he has been to Canada many times, he should have known that Canadians do not have 1 or 2 dollar bills anymore, but alas he asked anyways and he was pelted with a loonie right in the forehead, about an inch away from his eye. He was rightfully pissed and said some things to the guy, but decided to turn the other cheek. I was yelling for him to kick his ass. Manson had a few 5 dollar bills, but he only kept one cracking a joke that it was only worth a dollar in America anyways and performed Wow without the bill rolled into his nose.

For those more impatient of you skip to 1:56 of the clip "A dollar for God" (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103949/?searchterm=dollar)

And for those who want to find out what Manson is going to do after the tour has ended, I recommend the "Ten Million Dollars" clip :P

UPDATE ON THE POLICE vs MM FANS NEWS

Five people were arrested after three police officers were assaulted following Marilyn Manson's show at Winnipeg's MTS Centre on Sunday night.

Winnipeg police const. Blair Good told Sun Media police stopped people from walking through traffic after the show, but the group started punching and kicking the police officers in response. Other fans got involved, which meant additional units had to be called to break up the crowd, according to the Winnipeg Free Press.

Five people were arrested, but one of them had to be arrested twice after he allegedly was let out of the police cruiser and tried to run away.

Sun Media reports the officers suffered minor injuries and alcohol was a factor.

A 24-year-old woman and two 26-year-old men have been charged with assaulting a police officer. The two men are also charged with obstructing or resisting a police officer, and one of them is charged with escaping lawful custody.

Two 26-year-old and 27-year-old men are also charged with causing a disturbance and obstructing or resisting a police officer. They've been released and will appear in court.

Fuck breakfast.

Billie J
09-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks Leech King for the update as to why the cops were there. By the time I was able to get out of the MTS Centre the pigs had everything under control and I seen some people in the back of squad cars. There was a lot of cops for such a small disturbance, but then again Winnipeg is the most violent city in Canada, so they may have thought it was going to escalate.

Why were the people behind threatening you?

They were just drunk douchebags who were triing to squeeze people smaller then them into the rail so they would beg to be pulled out by security so they could get onto the rail. They kept saying it into my friends and I's ears, but we held our ground the entire show. My ribs are still bruised all the way across, but I won't complain :)

The Empirical Guy
09-17-2009, 06:49 PM
I fucking hate people like that. Good on your for standing your ground!