PDA

View Full Version : Sep 8 2009 - Save On Foods Center - Victoria, British

Norsefire
08-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

Jakob Synn
08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm going to this one. Picking up my tickets tomorrow morning.

I'm excited because it's a mini road trip by myself.

There's also an afterparty at a karaoke bar called Soprano's just by the stadium.

Jakob Synn
09-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Since this show is on Teusday and I'll be leaving for Victoria in the morning and being sure I'm the only person on this site going I'm offereing to any members who want to relay the setlist as it's being played to send me their cell numbers and I will text them while at the show with the setlist for them to put on the site.

Just let me know, and remember that the show is in Pacifiic Standard time. So the show starts at 8 and Manson should be on at 9:30 or so so that would be 12:30am the next day.

Cool? Great, good.

Billie J
09-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey Jakob, I'll be happy to provide my cell number so you can text me updates, anything new and so on and I will post it here for everyone. Let me know if this is still an option and I'll post my cell number for ya in a PM. I can also return the favour Sunday when I am at the Winnipeg show and text you updates.

Jakob Synn
09-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Just so everyone is aware I will be texting Tigger live from the show.

Very fucking stoked. Fourth time seeing Manson and it's out of town which is so awesome. Also, there's an afterparty like a half a block away from the show.

It's going to be LEGENDARY!!!

Thanks anyways BJ but I work really early on Monday mornings so that would probably hurt me, but thanks.

Jakob Synn
09-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Alright fuckos I'm out. Heading on off to Victoria. Talk to you tomorrow with full details and a setlist tonight.

Dronepool
09-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Have fun, Jakob.

:)

Tigger
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes, any and all text updates I receive from Jakob Synn will be posted right here! I'm actually hella excited for this!!

=)

Tigger
09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
This update from Jakob is about the opening band DIE MANNEQUIN!!

"Care withers on stage for Bad Medicine!"

Now onto Manson updates:

"Ginger is drinking his diet coke"
"Stoya is here on the side of the stage"
"Intro, America, Teens wearing purple fishnets"
"Swastika, Little Horn, Hate Anthem, 4RH"
"burned bible, WOW, Leave A Scar, steve recording scar" !!!
"Dope Show inserts 5 dollar bill nose, I Want To Kill You...Steve filming!" !!!!
"Rock Is Dead, kisses stoya after 1st chorus, sweet dreams/nigger with candles hugs and kisses for stoya during solo"
"tbp :("
"the crowd was shitty that sucks. the band was amazing through"

So for those who just skim through the setlist is:

Intro
We're From America
Disposable Teens
Pretty As A Swastika
Little Horn
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Four Rusted Horses
WOW
Leave A Scar
The Dope Show
I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies
Rock Is Dead
Sweet Dreams
Rock N Roll Nigger
The Beautiful People

=)

Thanks to JakobSynn for the results!!!

Dronepool
09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks, Tigger :)

Hazekiah
09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah, thanks for the speedy newsfeed!!!

\m/

Tigger
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
You're welcome, dudes!

=)

All thanks really goes to JakobSynn for updating during the show!!

Dronepool
09-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Whoa, they played it again! I hope Movies stays on the setlist.

Tigger
09-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah they played it again but dropped "Dried Up, Tied And Dead To The World"

:'(

The Empirical Guy
09-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah shame Dried Up has disappeared again. Was there some sort of significance to it being played on the date is was that we missed? I'd like to see it back.

Billie J
09-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks Jakob and Tigger for all the updates. Pretty shitty to see that DUTU&DTTW was dropped for this show, hope there was a reason for this, maybe the venue had a curfew.

Jakob Synn
09-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Worst audience ever!!! It was the worst fucking crowd!

I'm going to copy my notes I wrote from after the show.

- Just before the show Andy was getting ready and everyone thought it was Manson

- Stoya was on the side of the stage by Andy the whole show

- Intro was fucking killer. Watched it all because my seats were on the side and I could see behind the curtain. Steve was filming it and Manson was just playing to the camera so much

-WFA was killer and Manson had so much god damn energy

-4RH came out in trench coat and hat and burned the bible. Still didnt really enjoy the song live.

- In between one of the first couple songs he went off about how he knows Victoria's secret

- Before the dope show some movie dialogue was playing. talking about cocaine. If anyone knows what it was from let me know

- After first chorus for RiD went over and kissed Stoya and she gave him a beer

- During Sweet Dreams solo he was all over her

- Crowd favs: Rock Is Dead, Disposable Teens and everyone went ape shit for Sweet Dreams :o

- Had light he was singing into for Sweet Dreams and was crawling along the stage

- Steve filmed a lot! Intro, dope show, leave a scar and movies

- candles were in front of Vrenna and Ginger

- 13 songs :(

- Kissed Twiggy like 3 times

- Not even one "MANSON! MANSON" chant

- Disappointing crowd. Weren't really into it.

- Band was A+, top notch, best I've ever seen them live. So much energy. And Manson was going bat shit during the beautiful people in a good way

- I was sad with the crowd because it's been 14 years since he last played Victoria

- Guys behind me kept shouting for the beautiful people 3 songs into it

- Around me, I think I was the only one singing to every song

- Crowd went kind of silent for movies. didn't know what was going on

- used a knife mic for movies

I taped some stuff which I'll post later.

Jakob Synn
09-09-2009, 01:22 PM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs232.snc1/7929_150361746046_566691046_3976219_4249354_n.jpg

Me and Care Failure. She was wearing nothing but a t-shirt and her short shorts.

Dronepool
09-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Jakob, that sucks about the crowd. And I love that cocaine sample, it's from this-

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0105211/quotes

"Dewey Cox: What are y'all doing in here?
Sam: It's called cocaine. And you don't want no part of this shit!
Dewey Cox: Cucaine?
[Sam nods and smiles]
Dewey Cox: What's it do?
Sam: It turns all your bad feelings into good feelings. It's a nightmare!
Dewey Cox: I'm thinking maybe I'd like to try me some of that cucaine.
"

Jakob Synn
09-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies - I only recorded like 3 minutes because I thought he'd play Dried Up and I wanted to record that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm4lIKbRMNc

Before Pretty As A Swastika

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1s6TysXQAo

Die Mannequin - Bad Medicine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3pXvZqQdk0

AlcoholicArtist
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks Jakob Synn, fuck me I can't believe how well he performed IWTKYLTDITM :O seriously...

Tigger
09-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks for those vids, dude! =)

Die Mannequin FTW!

:p

The Empirical Guy
09-10-2009, 07:30 AM
AH I hate it when crowds aren't responsive and don't know songs. It's not like the band is at the commercial height of their career where top 40 trendsters are going to be cool, why would you be at the show if you weren't a Manson fan that wanted to see older or unusual songs?

AlcoholicArtist
09-10-2009, 07:40 AM
AH I hate it when crowds aren't responsive and don't know songs. It's not like the band is at the commercial height of their career where top 40 trendsters are going to be cool, why would you be at the show if you weren't a Manson fan that wanted to see older or unusual songs?
Exactly, then again even though he's not as commercially big as he used to be he's still very well known, if you said Marilyn Manson everyone will know who he is so maybe some people just go for the sake of going to a Marilyn Manson show.

The Empirical Guy
09-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Well again, I would say much the same thing. If you're the slight bit interested, wouldn't you know more than one or two songs? If that is all you know, wouldn't you a) not bother with the cost of concert tickets or, b) at least have enough damned respect to shut up through the rest of the show? People like that really annoy me.

AlcoholicArtist
09-11-2009, 03:41 AM
He wore purple tights?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTtqJ1vVjqA

Jakob Synn
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Fishnets. I mentioned that in the texts.

chango66
09-11-2009, 05:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwfI-VW8yMY

i open my Facebook i find this video