PDA

View Full Version : Sep 5 2009 - The Great Saltair - Salt Lake City, Utah

Norsefire
08-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Tell us who's going, chat about meet ups and chat about the show afterwards.

Cringeon
08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I'll be there - on the rail between MM & Twig. I'll be there w/ amoklauf and a bunch of non board member friends who are fans. We are thinking of holding some improv acoustic jams out in line before the show. Who wants to come sing some Goon Moon tunes??

Still got to figure out the best intoxication method for the show. Definitely going to consume some herb in some fashion, but I want to be nice and lubed for MM's set ;)

Kei
08-17-2009, 03:41 AM
I'll be somewhere on the sides recording. This time I won't run out of...chip-space! (I was tempted to say "tape")

Cringeon
08-17-2009, 05:41 AM
I'll be somewhere on the sides recording. This time I won't run out of...chip-space! (I was tempted to say "tape")
^ Excellent! You should come say hi sometime before the show. I'll be there for a bit, might even have some refreshments to share. I have a friend who is going to try and get an audio recording from by the mix board, but we'll just have to get a feel for secuirty and such. If the show is sold out like last time, I doubt it will be an issue.

Kei
08-17-2009, 03:04 PM
^ Excellent! You should come say hi sometime before the show. I'll be there for a bit, might even have some refreshments to share. I have a friend who is going to try and get an audio recording from by the mix board, but we'll just have to get a feel for secuirty and such. If the show is sold out like last time, I doubt it will be an issue.
Cool. :) I'll look for a guy with a guitar, eh? Can't wait!!

Cringeon
09-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Thankfully I got the day off work, so now I can get to the venue nice and early to hang, party, etc! Doubt I'm bringing the guitar though, too much hassle.

amoklauf
09-02-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm really hoping for Devour... It'd be really awesome if they debuted it at this show...

Probably just wishful thinking on my part :)

javi9446
09-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm there. Me and my little buddy are gonna get there really early, so you guys should come say hi :)

Cringeon
09-05-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm getting ready to head out for the day. Should be down there around early afternoon. I'll be marked in the number of the beast ;)

Jakob Synn
09-05-2009, 11:35 AM
The real number or Iron Maiden's version? :p

Because you know, the came to the final conclusion that 666 is actually not the number of the beast, but infact it is 616

Cringeon
09-05-2009, 11:44 PM
soundcheck songs:
mOBSCENE (partial)
I Want to Kill You (partials, but repeated a bunch of times)
Dried up Tied Up (partial - didn't hear any vocals)

show setlist: (order maybe wrong)
Intro
We’re From America
Disposable Teens
Pretty As A Swastika
Little Horn
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
For Rusted Horses
WOW
Leave A Scar
The Dope Show (gets dollar bill from the crowd, rolls and inserts in nose)
Running To The Edge Of The World
Rock Is Dead
Sweet Dreams – Rock N Roll Nigger (Manson played 2nd guitar, black SG)
The Beautiful People

Ezekhiel
09-06-2009, 12:26 AM
soundcheck songs:
mOBSCENE (partial)

Interesting soundcheck...

Jakob Synn
09-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Oh god how I hope those are some of songs added to the Canadian dates of the tour. I mean he hasn't played Victoria since '95 so one would think a suprise or two might happen.

Ich_Bin_Du
09-06-2009, 02:16 AM
soundcheck songs:
mOBSCENE (partial)

Woah I hope they add those to the setlist! :D

The Empirical Guy
09-06-2009, 04:31 AM
Wow great soundcheck. Not so fussed on mOBSCENE but the other two would be great live additions.

Dante Dellamorte
09-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Can someone explain me what a "soundcheck" is about? Why do they rehearse songs they won't play? This isn't the first time they rehearse "movies" also.

R_Flagg
09-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Fuck yeah it would be awesome if those songs would end up on the setlist, especially Dried Up etc. If I recall correctly, Mechanical Animals was on the soundcheck a couple of times before they played it live in 2008 so here's hoping.

Also a 14 song setlist (not counting the intro) seems really short, I hope it'll be at least 18 eventually. :/

javi9446
09-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Out of the 3 times i've seen him, I think this was probably the best, if not one of the best times I've seen him perform. Me and my friend also got one of twiggy's picks that say "WOW" on them!!!

Dronepool
09-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Out of the 3 times i've seen him, I think this was probably the best, if not one of the best times I've seen him perform. Me and my friend also got one of twiggy's picks that say "WOW" on them!!!

post it!

Jakob Synn
09-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Can someone explain me what a "soundcheck" is about? Why do they rehearse songs they won't play? This isn't the first time they rehearse "movies" also.

Mainly to check the levels of the instruments. Obviously mOBSCENE was more so for the guitar whereas Movies was bass and Dried Up could of been for keyboard. I don't know. And they only partially played it so one would think that they were just testing the levels with songs that have certain instruments more prominent.

I remember for the Grotesk Burlesk show they soundchecked Better Of Two Evils and that song was only played once on that tour.

javi9446
09-06-2009, 01:16 PM
post it!

Alright later today I'll get ahold of my camera so I'll post it then. Btw, did anyone go to the after party at Area 51? I'm not 18 and older :(

09-06-2009, 05:03 PM
^ A friend of mine went to it, said it was pretty uninteresting.

I recorded most of the concert. I'm uploading it now - click here to see what's up so far: http://www.youtube.com/user/EvilErutis

I was pretty disappointed that we only got 14 songs. But the band was fantastic and interactive, so I won't bitch too much about it. :)

[Sorry, Cringeon, I forgot to look for you outside before the show began..]

[This is Kei, btw..]

The Empirical Guy
09-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Damn it, Keikei, you got me so excited then: when I went to you channel and saw a video for 1996 I thought it had been added to the set until I realized it was from last year's tour :(

09-07-2009, 02:41 AM
Hahah, apologies. I was reuploading the older ones. For whatever reason, the last time I converted the avi's to wmv's, the quality was severely hurt by it. This time around, I'd say it's pretty damn good... Don't know why.

ipwnmyself
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
[youtube:1gls548e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSfj0BoRf4&feature=channel_page[/youtube:1gls548e]
Pretty as a swastika

javi9446
09-07-2009, 08:27 PM
^ A friend of mine went to it, said it was pretty uninteresting.

I recorded most of the concert. I'm uploading it now - click here to see what's up so far: http://www.youtube.com/user/EvilErutis

I was pretty disappointed that we only got 14 songs. But the band was fantastic and interactive, so I won't bitch too much about it. :)

[Sorry, Cringeon, I forgot to look for you outside before the show began..]

[This is Kei, btw..]

Ah, was the band there at least?

Kei
09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Ah, was the band there at least?

Don't think so. I wouldn't expect them to be there, anyways. Utah...pff...

javi9446
09-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah i know right? I didn't know you lived in utah btw.

Kei
09-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Yeah i know right? I didn't know you lived in utah btw.
I most sadly do. Dreading the snow that's coming soon...

MMKaboom
09-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey keikei did you record the last three songs of the show, sweet dreams, rock is dead and beautiful people? If you did are you going to upload it to your YouTube page

Kei
09-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Hey keikei did you record the last three songs of the show, sweet dreams, rock is dead and beautiful people? If you did are you going to upload it to your YouTube page
Yeah, I have them. Sorry, I keep forgeting to put them up. I'll get on it soon. :)