PDA

View Full Version : The Official King Of The Hill Thread

The Empirical Guy
08-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Here's the place to talk about propane and propane accessories.

I know some people refuse to acknowledge that this show is funny or even good, but to to me it is pure win. While I appreciate the more random-based humour of shows like Family Guy (and think Scrubs is fantastic), you can't go past King Of The Hill. It's a more thought out, character involved humour. You might not find the first episode funny, but after the first few when you begin to know the characters, it's hilarious. I think we all know people who could be a substitute for many characters from this show.

Unfortunately it doesn't get shown on tv here in Australia, except for random bursts very late at night. So I'm working my way through on DVD, just about to finish the 4th season.

Holocaust_King
08-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I do love this show.

Mike Judge is win.

I think the problem most people have with this show is that it's not an exaggerated cartoon like other prime time animation.
It's just an awesome character-driven "sitcom" that happens to be animated.

Too bad it's over now. :(

Dronepool
08-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I like this show as well. It isn't bad. Dale is the man.

The Empirical Guy
08-28-2009, 05:42 PM
I do love this show.

Mike Judge is win.

I think the problem most people have with this show is that it's not an exaggerated cartoon like other prime time animation.
It's just an awesome character-driven "sitcom" that happens to be animated.

Too bad it's over now. :(

That's it exactly. People should be comparing it to other sitcoms, not cartoons, where they'd see it's vastly superior to most other sitcoms around.

Living in Australia I don't often come across Americans with that southern, Boomhauer type accent, but go out west and there's the Australian equivalent. It's hilarious and makes me think of them standing in the alley every time.

RevManz
08-28-2009, 07:34 PM
personally, i think it's an allright show. it's not really funny like a lot of the adult cartoons i watch, but...it's entertaining just to watch.

oh, and i have to agree, Dale is pure win. i think he's the funniest character. and coolest.

The Empirical Guy
08-30-2009, 04:31 AM
The ongoing innuendo between Nancy and John Redcorn is also full of win.

Norsefire
08-30-2009, 11:52 AM

Yeah, I agree.
I used to watch it on Tv, but I never saw whole series or anything like that, just now and again when it would be put on before south park late on a Friday night. But when the DVD's got released I started getting them, and I noticed all the Redcorn stuff, I never really noticed that much before.

The episode that is stuck in my mind, whenever I hear anything about king of the hill is the "Manger Babies" lol.

The Empirical Guy
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM

Yeah, I agree.
I used to watch it on Tv, but I never saw whole series or anything like that, just now and again when it would be put on before south park late on a Friday night. But when the DVD's got released I started getting them, and I noticed all the Redcorn stuff, I never really noticed that much before.

The episode that is stuck in my mind, whenever I hear anything about king of the hill is the "Manger Babies" lol.

Urgh... actually I think that was one of the worst episodes. The one where Hank was unknowingly using crack as fish bait is a favourite of mine.

spaceSuicide
08-31-2009, 09:16 PM
I've always liked it (and funny as this is) and I remember watching the first episode when it debuted way back in 1997. I was 7 years old. Aye, memories.

I like the earlier episodes best but I still love this show. it's always been great.

My faves...

King of the Ant Hill, Dale is fired from being Hank's lawn insect exterminator.
The one where Hank goes temporarily blind after seeing his mother and her boyfriend having sex.
The one where Hank takes testosterone, goes through puberty again, uses the scrotum patch and runs with the bulls.
The one with the order of the Straight Arrow, killing the whooping crane is awesome. "Damn, I filled up on silence sticks."
Hilloween, one of my most faves. <3

javi9446
08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh my god i love King Of The Hill Everyone I know hates it. But it's my favorite cartoon next to family guy.

The Empirical Guy
09-05-2009, 06:23 AM

"Get out of my house: Exodus!" XD

spaceSuicide
09-05-2009, 09:43 PM
[quote="Nick Sixx.":1a4uu62t]

"Get out of my house: Exodus!" XD[/quote:1a4uu62t]

trick or treat

Trick or Treat.

Trick OR Treat.

TRICK OR TREAT.

Love it, so stupid. Hallelujah House XD

Anima XI
09-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Ahh... King of the Hill =)

I remember the first time I watched this show I was like "Wth is this, it's just weird >_>" But then after a while it just grew on me. Now it's pretty entertaining =D It definitely has its own unique charm.

Norsefire
12-19-2010, 12:25 PM
BUMP!

They've been showing King of the Hill in the UK again on Channel 4, just very late at night. But it's got me into re-watching it all again, so I've spent the past few days going through them. I still love it.

I'm pissed off though because they released seasons 1-5 in the UK on DVD and 1-6 in the US. But they say there aren't any plans to release any more on DVD. I'm probably going to find a download of all the other seasons online or something because there is 13 seasons I think, so that's a lot of King of the Hill that will probably be new to me.