PDA

View Full Version : WE ARE WATCHING YOU --- The Celebritarian Window

S.D.
10-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I thought that was the first thing that someone would have mentioned, the Celebritarian Portal. People are asking where we could be being watched from, and by the window seems like a good enough place...

"In Every Dream Home A Heartache / The hole is where the heart is"

Below is the Celebritarian portal of Antichrist Superstar and EAT ME, DRINK ME (we still can't remember who found it first, but it was certainly Saklas, not I who named it). The windows of both records bear the Celebritarian Doublecross. Intentional? Who knows, all I do know is that Manson inside the sanctum of the home, on what are Manson's most powerful, heartless statement and conversely, his most emotional and vulnerable (repectively) is characterised by uncertainty, shame and fear at the window, overlooked by the Celebritarian cross.

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp112/providermodule/Analysis/Portal.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp112/providermodule/Analysis/AntichristCelebritarian.jpg

On the main record sleeve, there is a black Celebritarian window inside an open white one, perhaps a dream inside a dream...? So he is in company, though shamed on his most powerful record, yet alone and vulnerable (or is it immortal) on EAT ME, DRINK ME. Antichrist Superstar was about a transformation from one thing into another, whereas Manson on EAT ME, DRINK ME is a vampire, he even says "I stay the same", now he is "Sick of immortality", in the interim of EAT ME, DRINK ME and The High End of Low. Much like the "hardworn" alien Omega, the vampire has learned how to transform into a human being, the finality of Wormboy becoming The Antichrist Superstar is mirrored by the "moth" and "butterfly" of Mechanical Animals and EAT ME, DRINK ME going into the fire...

"Irons are in the fire"

Back to the window...

The American Family, the Manson Family, the worms in the kitchen in the pies we bake, they are all where we are being "watched". People are sat in their homes, comfortable behind the screens on which images of pain suffering and sex are projected (computers, capsules, televisions, white and dead gods), and that is where the Celebritarians are watching you. They know where to watch because I AM YOU. It's all very simple. The Celebritarian concept is based around the notion that we are all Celebrities, we are all our own wicked gods, and if the Marilyn Manson website is watching us, then that is because we are watching it. Perhaps Manson was at the "high end of low" during and after this most recent record because everyone fucking said he was. Perhaps he is a drug addicted rambler when they say he is, and a powerful wreckage ball when they say he is. Then again, maybe when he says we are certain things, we are that too. Maybe the people who doubted him are the "redneck burn-out midwest minds"...?

I'll probably keep promoting this interpretation of Celebritarianism until everyone feels the same way, because it's the opinion you will inevitably agree with...

"The Screen Is Us And We're TV / We Are Watching You"

Anima XI
10-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Very interesting post.

Do these count as Celebritarian windows?

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1112/omegacross.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2637/theolcross.jpg

S.D.
10-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Does these count as Celebritarian windows?

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1112/omegacross.jpg

This, my friend, is one of the most perceptive and observative things I have ever seen anyone identify about Manson's work, that is truly fantastic. Once again, by coincidence or by design? We can never know, but the fact that it is there, that is amazing. It has been suggested by some that Celebritarianism was something that came to full realisation during Mechanical Animals, but was not named until Holy Wood.

I don't know how true that is, but to see two accidental (?) Celebritarian Doublecrosses there is amazing.

Anima XI
10-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Thanks S.D. that's very flattering, especially coming from you =)

I was just looking at that picture and I thought "Hey, from a certain perspective that could also be seen as a Celebritarian Cross." There's even a sense of duality from the division of the black and white sides of the "window".

When I was crudely drawing the crosses onto the picture I did wonder to myself: could Manson have been planning everything from the beginning? Did the very idea of Celebritarianism manifest itself early on in his musical career, or even beforehand? That's one of the things I love about Marilyn Manson; you can never be sure if his subtle messages are pure coincidence or ingeniously intricate threads of meaning.

It's interesting to note that the Cross only appears on alternate covers though. It's almost like he's letting us on to something big.. but only in small, secretive ways.

And if it wasn't all planned, it's one hell of an enormous coincidence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm interested in the symbolism behind the Cross of Lorraine. This video is kind of interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0usNNDsQsI

It claims the double cross is a masonic symbol... or should I say a Ma(n)sonic Symbol ;) I hate those people who liken Baphomet/Pan to Lucifer though. No. Pan was a nature god, not a god of evil.

Baphomet =/= Satan

S.D.
10-12-2009, 04:17 AM
I was just looking at that picture and I thought "Hey, from a certain perspective that could also be seen as a Celebritarian Cross." There's even a sense of duality from the division of the black and white sides of the "window".

I had noticed the duality of the colour scheme, but also as I am sure you are suggesting, that in both the Antichrist Superstar cover I have posted and the Mechanical Animals "alternative" sleeve, Manson is in fact striking the pose of the Baphomet. He has "wings" in both as well.

When I was crudely drawing the crosses onto the picture I did wonder to myself: could Manson have been planning everything from the beginning? Did the very idea of Celebritarianism manifest itself early on in his musical career, or even beforehand? That's one of the things I love about Marilyn Manson; you can never be sure if his subtle messages are pure coincidence or ingeniously intricate threads of meaning.The way I always look at it is that if it is, we'll never know, and if it isn't Manson should be grateful we go to such trouble to make him look like a genius! But seriously, we can't know, I mean what about the "Holy Wood Prod." on the side of the School Bus...? It just could have all been there from the beginning, but either way, it's enjoyable to make these discoveries along the way.

I perhaps also needn't point out that on the Omega cover of Mechanical Animals, his buttons above the groin equal five, much like the Adams tubes. Perhaps the penis is one, plus the five above it. His medallion also, appears in that show like a black space, perhaps a hole where the heart is...?

[god]speed
10-12-2009, 06:22 AM
http://www.deadstar.net/PHOTOS/MA/PHOTOS/BIG/28.jpg

Perhaps the Obsidian stone that adjorns Omega's neck is a scrying device, Used in divination to obtain visions and spirits.... A Window into the self of sorts.

http://www.crystalinks.com/scryingmirror1.jpg

Scrying:
a magic practice that involves seeing things psychically in a medium, usually for purposes of obtaining spiritual visions and more rarely for purposes of divination or fortune-telling. The media used are most commonly reflective, translucent, or luminescent substances such as crystals, stones, glass, mirrors, water, fire, or smoke. Scrying has been used in many cultures as a means of divining the past, present, or future. Depending on the culture and practice, the visions that come when one stares into the media are thought to come from God, spirits, the psychic mind, the devil, or the subconscious.

As Saklas mentioned 02.14.97 A Window

S.D.
10-12-2009, 06:30 AM
"Secure the shadow ere, the substance fades"

This lyric comes immediately to mind, would you agree?

[god]speed
10-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Definitely... Manson's Celebritarian ring is Black Obsidian as well a common stone used in scrying a window of sorts in and of itself.

http://www.nachtkabarett.com/ihvh/img/nk_theol_mm_rings.jpg

Image Courtesy Nick Kushner

Fav
11-15-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't think that the Crosses of Lorraine found in earlier photographs were placed there intentionally, but I'm deeply fascinated by the fact that they're there! I mean, if you truly look into the concept of "Marilyn Manson" Celebritarianism has been around since Portrait. It's about how humanity glorifies death, celebrities are placed next to serial killers, and I can go on and on...

I'm not sure if Lorraine is the best symbol to represent him, but Celebritarianism is the basic idea behind the character Marilyn Manson before he even organized or conceived it. Just look into The Reflecting God, or the submission to celebrities in Deformogrpahy, "Hey Mr. Superstar we'd like to see you dead"...

Alright, let me shorten this babble. :) I'm not surprised that there is coincidentally Crosses of Lorraine in his early work, and find it both thrilling and magickal.

Nemoris Inferioris
09-04-2015, 07:20 PM
I perhaps also needn't point out that on the Omega cover of Mechanical Animals, his buttons above the groin equal five, much like the Adams tubes. Perhaps the penis is one, plus the five above it. His medallion also, appears in that show like a black space, perhaps a hole where the heart is...?

I always found that Alt. cover interesting, especially it's symbolism. However, if Omega's penis is considered to play the role of a "1", or alpha-llis (hehe), then must it be mentioned that Omega was a androgen. Unless you consider the two characters of Marilyn Manson (Alpha) and Omega being somewhat different, yet somewhat parallel. Anyway...

Coincidence? I Think Not.