PDA

View Full Version : 2010

12-22-2009, 03:14 PM
The new year is upon us. I couldn't be happier. After a pretty terrible year, probably the worst year of my life so far, things have been building up over the past month or so, making me think that next year could actually be something good.

Whats everyones plans for next year? Resolutions? Or reflections over the past year.

S.Hal0mega.B
12-22-2009, 03:42 PM
yeah got to stop smoking, thinking of using these special filters tobacco stores sell that drop down the strength of the cigarette

ShelfLife
12-22-2009, 03:50 PM
It looks like it's been a pretty shit year all round. My mother, sister and I all went through huge breakups, moved from the house I've been in most of my life, I got disowned by my father, and was miserable for the first semester of uni.

But it all seems to be working out now. My mother, sister and I are all relatively settled and comfortable in our new house, my dad's talking to me again (just a bit), I've been reunited with friends I haven't spoken to in a very long time, and my results for uni are rather fine indeed (so I will be spared working in an office next year).

I'm with S.D. on the topic of New Years Resolutions. You want a change, you make it at any time, and anyway, I'm notoriously bad at keeping NYR's. I suppose my only resolution is to keep on keeping on, let no one or nothing keep me down or hold me back, not even myself. I want to prove to myself that I am capable of great things.

S.D.
12-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm with S.D. on the topic of New Years Resolutions. You want a change, you make it at any time.

Woops, I deleted the post I made because I found it to be counter-productive, I'm done with the shit things that occurred this year, 2010 will be positive. But yeah, as quoted from a post that doesn't exist, I don't go with the New Year's Resolution idea because any day is a good day to make a change or a promise.

Sputnik
12-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't really know if I actually have any resolutions. My biggest one would probably be to stop wasting time. Also I think I'd like to try keep in better touch with people :).
I'm with S.D. on the topic of New Years Resolutions. You want a change, you make it at any time.
That's a very nice quote :D

Mi-CroMartie
12-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I dunno. 2 more years to go before the Mayan calendar 2012 could be THE END. :/

Celiny-O
12-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Stop letting other people push me around. Make some new friends.

Sleep outside Billboard the Venue the night before the Devin Townsend gig so I can at least have the chance to meet him.
Maybe.

DecayingSinner
12-22-2009, 07:26 PM
To get a new job. I got out of dietary management in healthcare about 2 years ago and settled for an hourly role that has the Monday-Friday, consistent schedule; however, I really am not doing what I truly enjoy and what I went to school for (plus the money is a major component).

2009 has been a much better year than I was expecting... found the love of my life, saw Manson for the 21st time, Hanzel und Gretyl a few times, Slipknot, NIN, Lady Gaga, did things like ride the tallest roller coaster in the world (which I never had the courage to do) and the tallest Eastern US mountain..

I turn 30 next year and now that I know I am ready to settle down with someone, I want to line up the other things in my life to coincide. It's a bit early, but I hope everyone has a great 2010.

Dronepool
12-22-2009, 07:41 PM
2009 was a pretty blah year, it was boring and average for the most part.

I don't know if I have any resolutions. I guess try to not eat after 1 or 2 am and buy less comics (if the enthusiasm isn't there, don't be tempted to buy it just because it looks cool)

Shangri-LIE
12-23-2009, 04:53 AM
- Start finding some inner peace, and stability.
- Find balance when it comes to drinking etc..
- Not worry about being single, and learn to improve myself before I even think about entering a relationship.
- Stop playing the role of a scatterbrained, zaney character online.
- Finish unfinished projects, and don't start a new one until I've finished something.
- Try to find a band.
- I think I am going to just take this year to refine my character, and be more productive in everything that I embark upon. That requires me to stop holding getting fucked up, surfing the internet and dwelling on my condition over what actually needs done.
- Actually finish my degree.
- Try to improve on my work attendance.
- Steal my mind back from the lost and yet to be found bin.

Emma
12-23-2009, 10:22 AM
I have had a pretty up and down year in 2009. First my Nan dying which is still so hard to deal with sometimes and then of course the assault and a few other bits in between.

BUT 2010 is going to be busy, especially the run up to end of August when I will finally be getting wed.

I haven't though any further on anything else though, just to keep living, try and enjoy life and continue to learn and grow.

CellarOwl
12-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Less drinking. Or more. But definitely not the same.

Anima XI
12-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Hmm, 2009 was an interesting year for me, I'm looking forward to next year because I'll be going off to college in September =) I suppose my main resolution is to lose some weight/get into shape before that. Also, get more organized.. and not much else. I don't think next year will be as exciting as this one has been.

Seven
12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
This year was a bit blah with too much stress at times but it was a breath of fresh air after last year. I am making some changes in 2010 - I'm looking for somewhere new to live and I am also thinking of changing my job a bit and maybe going back into teaching.

Funndeath
12-24-2009, 12:38 AM
This year was OK. I went on a few nice trips, I had some good times in college also, it wasn't so bad. We moved into a new house. Which I'm enjoying. It's a really nice area, and my friend is close and she sort of forces me to be a more social person, which I seem to be getting better at.
I don't usually make resolutions because I never know what I want.
Uh, more studying, hopefully. It's going to be my last year of college (finally!) and I guess I'll have to figure shit out. That'll suck.
I don't know. I'm pretty content apart from the sudden bursts of usual teenage shit like "what am I doing with my life? I have no talent or ambition" or making my self feel weird and lonely.

S.Hal0mega.B
12-24-2009, 01:58 AM
This year was OK. I went on a few nice trips, I had some good times in college also, it wasn't so bad. We moved into a new house. Which I'm enjoying. It's a really nice area, and my friend is close and she sort of forces me to be a more social person, which I seem to be getting better at.
I don't usually make resolutions because I never know what I want.
Uh, more studying, hopefully. It's going to be my last year of college (finally!) and I guess I'll have to figure shit out. That'll suck.
I don't know. I'm pretty content apart from the sudden bursts of usual teenage shit like "what am I doing with my life? I have no talent or ambition" or making my self feel weird and lonely.

Well you seem to have a talent in taste of films, i think you're studying that am i right? You'd do better than a lot here at that. Also, YOU are a friggin pretty girl... runnn to the photo section and look at the pics on your wall in one of your photos, i must know if you took them? Because they are wonderfull.

Best of Luck :)

Funndeath
12-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Haha, oh I wish. I'm not studying films, I'm actually studying history. But I'm in my college's film society. We don't do much except watch films, take photographs and occasionally make silly home movie type "films". And the pictures on my wall aren't mine. They're just pictures I found on the internet of Nick Drake, Bowie (cover of Changesonebowie), Anna Karina (it's a still from the movie "Vivre Sa Vie"), Elliott Smith (photo by Autumn De Wilde). But thank you for trying to make me feel better. You're very sweet. I don't really have low self esteem or anything like it sounds, I just know my abilities well.

spaceSuicide
12-25-2009, 10:13 AM
2009 was a different year for me - graduation, college, new car, new revelations, new style, new personality and new friends.

In 2010 I would like to expand my aforementioned points,

- Keep my current style, attire-wise, but expand and branch out. Gotta keep things real.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with my girlfriend, as she is mine since December 4th, 2009.
- Complete my first year of college, my first semester has gone by fast and with success.
- HAVE FUN.
- Be true to myself.
- Keep and make friends.
- Create art, art and more art.

This sounded like a motivational list but it's not lol.

Ich_Bin_Du
12-25-2009, 10:30 AM
2009 was not a bad year, but it wasn't great as well.
I made some new friends and I got rid of false friends. I also think I really changed during this year...^^

I guess 2010 will be better. In that year I want to improve my guitar playing a lot, I also want to keep on having good marks in school...
And it would be great to finally meet Maniac Master in 2010. ;)

zwiebelsaft
12-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Honestly, at the beginning of 2009, I felt like I was at the top of the world, and it felt amazing up until September, then I think I lost control, and now I have no idea what to do different for 2010. All I know is that I'm planning on eating completely clean, which is easy because my mom is a vegetarian at this point, because the smell of meat makes her want to completely puke. Everything else is an overwhelming disaster for the most part; my love life, my dreams, my self-esteem. I'm definitely not the same person I was when I was 16 even.

Rxcore
12-26-2009, 05:36 AM
2010 I plan on getting a new job and moving out. I was quite happy with 2009 as far as things go, met Manson, 3 gigs of his too. Got a lot of good work experiance and now I feel like I'm ready to move on with my life, try something different.

Not Mechanical
12-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Looking back at the year, I can't complain a great deal.
I've developed a lot as a person, done some cool things and made some cool friends.

2010 is going to bring a lot of change for me, which I'm simultaneously really excited and really scared about, but I suppose there's not much to do except let it happen and take it as it comes.
I'm also keen to progress with my music in the new year, so expect some sort of racket to find its way here in the coming months. I've been putting it off for too long, so it's time to take action.
Overall I'm looking forward to having fun. It's time for me to live in the moment a bit more.

Shangri-LIE
12-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Well, I've already met one of my resolutions. I got my car professionally cleaned this morning! I bought the last quantities of alcohol that I'll be comsuming tonight. It'll be the last time I drink for quite a while. I bought two boxes of Commit Lozenges, as I am going to gradually quit smoking. I have my web cam hooked up so I can make some videos. So, that'll b fun today. Now all I have to do is put an ad on my local band zine webpage for anyone needing a bassist, guitarist, or a vocalist. Other than that, it is all personality disorders that I have to get back in order over time. I hope everyone here has a blast tonight! Be safe, don't be a dumbass and decide to go drinking and driving, and most importantly just enjoy the good company you have...if you have any.

Shangri-Lie

Dronepool
12-31-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm going to be home alone today, my usual friend that I spend NYE is recording an album in Florida with Jane Bang (she'll be pretty known soon, I bet. A lot of famous promoters are planning on helping her out.. like the owner of the Boyz Noize label for one) I could spend time with my co-worker, but eh it's not really my crowd.

At least I'll be warm and I have my funky stuff to smoke....

Shangri-LIE
12-31-2009, 09:59 AM
^^ Sounds like fun, in any event. Are you going to Times Sqaure?

Dronepool
12-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Fun? Maybe for him. For me, it's just like any other day. I smoke at night just about everyday, it'll just suck not hanging out with him because I was sorta hoping for it because we've been doing that for the last 3 or 4 years, but then again all we do is sit around and smoke... and (he drinks a little, I usually don't... but every once in a while I do, I just hate how depressed most alcohol gets me sometimes.) this time will be like any other night for me, except it happens to be NYE,

And dude, I'd NEVER go to Times Square on NYE. Ever. There's hundreds of thousands of people there... standing in 30 degree weather while being crushed. You ever been at a crowded mall or on crowded train at rush hour, where it's so packed you can barely move an inch?

That's Times Square on NYE... just amplify all the annoying crowded front row center mosh pits where you are being pushed from all sides, all the packed subway trains at rush hour and the crazy Wal-Marts on black friday.... that's how it is. All for what? Just to see a big ball of light drop for 10 seconds?

Fuck that! I'd rather be at home, nice and cozy and warm and high :)

Shangri-LIE
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
^^ Yeah, I can imagine it. I hate crowds. I wondor how many people piss themselves as not to lose a spot down there in the freezing NYC streets? haha. I mean, who can lie about that? Even at concerts. Don't tell me that you've never pissed yourself while being crushed against a barrier for 2 - 3 hours. haha. The only thing I hate is not having anything to drink while I am up there. Anyway, not to get off subject, I'd probably go because I am not from NYC, and it'd be an experience of a lifetime. Enjoy your cushy cush.

12-31-2009, 11:13 AM
I dont have any real plans for tonight. Im Just gonna leave the house with a few beers, a bottle of jager, vodka and some beers, money, phone some people and see where I end up.

Shangri-LIE
12-31-2009, 11:23 AM
A few more resolutions - tangible ones

_Work, and art will dominate my life this coming year.
_I am going to steal a girls heart.
_I am going to shrug off death threats, and negativity.

[god]speed
12-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Australia, to reclaim my heart and claim the soul of the beautiful girl that has kept it safe for me...
As for tonight La Clandestine Absinthe and her via Skype. Perfection <3

Dronepool
12-31-2009, 05:02 PM
? Even at concerts. Don't tell me that you've never pissed yourself while being crushed against a barrier for 2 - 3 hours. haha. The only thing I hate is not having anything to drink while I am up there.

Actually, no I haven't, but that's because I can't handle being up near the barrier, I'm short and fragile and not hyper enough to jump around and push people out of my way. I almost passed out during my first Manson show in 2003. I was close to the front and I only handled like 2 songs. As soon as New Shit started, I was being shoved and pushed around by the force of the crowd like a rag doll. I was about to pass out but I got out of there and went to bathroom to splash my face with water and drink some of it and I missed mObscene.

After that, whenever I'm at a show I just stick to the back where there's less people.

Peaches
12-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Resolutions? I dunno.

Get happier. Get help to get happier. Resist the urge to punch my dad in the face. Stand up for myself more.

Celiny-O
12-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Hmm...make new friends. Try to be healthy and happy.

Dysmorphia
01-01-2010, 12:08 AM
I am so happy that year is over. It has been full of change and I am exhausted from it. I had 2 deaths in my family, problems with relationships and low self esteem. It wasn't all bad, there were a lot of good times too, seeing Manson 3 times, heaps of other awesome concerts and spending time with my close firends and boyfriend.
This year will be different, I am sure I will be accepted to my Fine Arts course at University, meaning I can go from full time to part time employment. The thought of spending so much of my time on art is exhilerating. I will also focus on my health and well-being and will talk about things instead of bottling them up inside.

I know this year will be a good one. Happy New Year and all the best wishes with your resolutions. xox *HUGS*

Shangri-LIE
01-01-2010, 04:02 AM
5:56 A.M. EST 2010 A.D.

I am surprisingly not hung over. I feel optomistic. I woke up from the weirdest dream. I dreamed that the moon was actually emitting a very bright blue light, and my grandmothers living room was like the house from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". It was surreal. I actually went to bed before midnight, woke up at 12:13 A.M. and fell immediatly back asleep into this dream. I ended up fucking a random girl under water, and then finding an abandoned apartment that had no front door, and you had to climb gym ropes to get from room to room...that was a bit scattered, sorry. But it was fucked up.

The Empirical Guy
01-01-2010, 06:19 AM
^^ Yeah, I can imagine it. I hate crowds. I wondor how many people piss themselves as not to lose a spot down there in the freezing NYC streets? haha. I mean, who can lie about that? Even at concerts. Don't tell me that you've never pissed yourself while being crushed against a barrier for 2 - 3 hours. haha.

Actually, no I haven't, though I'm pretty sure I've been pissed on by someone else.

Seven
01-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Trust me, being pissed on is nothing. I got dragged to a Julian Cope concert by my friend Dawn a few years back. It was a real crush cos we were right at the front and it was hard to move - you know what it's like. Some guy jacked off all down my back...dirty bastard. He got the shit kicked out of him by security later on which gave me some pleasure.

Celiny-O
01-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Actually, no I haven't, though I'm pretty sure I've been pissed on by someone else.
That happened to my friend Elise at one of the Manson gigs in Melbourne last year. I'm hoping it wasn't the 11th, because I was actually near her that night.

absinthe bunny
01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
my new year's resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels.

Tinuviel
01-02-2010, 09:46 AM
For me 2009 was an exciting years with quite a lot highs and lows. But I got through all the troubles and learned from the mistakes I made. I've got the feeling that I was much more myself than I was in previous years and I achieved quite a lot of things. I made some great new friends and experienced a lot of wonderful moments I won't ever forget. I cried and suffered a lot, I went through several weeks full of fear and anxiety but the good things that happened made it all worth it!

My resolution for 2010 are:

Don't let others get me down.
Stand up for myself and my ambitions.
Not struggling with my studies.
Find love (as always...).
To be more outgoing.

Shangri-LIE
01-02-2010, 11:36 AM
2010 for me is a year of vengance, vindication, and getting back what I used to have. My money, my social status, my heart, my stability, my reputation, and my condidence. I felt a flicker or hope recently, and over the last few days it is starting to turn into a conflageration.

MrPogo
01-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm going to do the London Triathlon in August (1500m Swim / 40km Bike / 10km Run), so I guess my resolution is just to stick to the training program and finish it in a respectable time.

Shangri-LIE
01-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Good luck, Mr.Pogo.

Just don't get caught with any pictures of you drinking or smoking pot...in case you win. :P

MrPogo
01-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks. I avoid appearing in pictures at all if possible... I think realistically I'll be lucky to finish, lol.

MArshall
01-05-2010, 07:36 PM
pay off the credit card from my trip to london last year, then as soon as ive done that, like right away, use now paid off credit card to book a ticket straight back to london. yay. and stay and play for like, a year.

Shangri-LIE
01-06-2010, 11:12 AM
pay off the credit card from my trip to london last year, then as soon as ive done that, like right away, use now paid off credit card to book a ticket straight back to london. yay. and stay and play for like, a year.

I've done that. But I am sure you only are allowed 6 months leave to remain. Be careful to not be an overstayer. That is, if you can even get in. They're tightening down on immigration nowadays. Even if you are a citizen of the EU, or a country that doesn't require a visa. This is just my advice, but you may want to check with the consulate and set an appointment up to gain clearance before you take your trip. I've almost been denied entry before, and it isn't a fun process. Other than that, have fun, and try not to get into debt!

MArshall
01-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I've done that. But I am sure you only are allowed 6 months leave to remain. Be careful to not be an overstayer. That is, if you can even get in. They're tightening down on immigration nowadays. Even if you are a citizen of the EU, or a country that doesn't require a visa. This is just my advice, but you may want to check with the consulate and set an appointment up to gain clearance before you take your trip. I've almost been denied entry before, and it isn't a fun process. Other than that, have fun, and try not to get into debt!

DEbt!!?? lol isnt this that shitty arsed thing hanging round my fucking neck and the reason i just came home from an 11hour night duty and have 6 more nights to go this fortnightO_O oh GOD i need tattslotto. now NOWWWWWW. lol, yeah they are cracking down on th visas if i just go play in the UK i think i can have 6 months like you said, but ill try get a work visa so i can support my poor debt ridden arse whilst im over there, still, all the time having super fun. i want to go back like, yesterday :(

Shangri-LIE
01-06-2010, 02:58 PM
DEbt!!?? lol isnt this that shitty arsed thing hanging round my fucking neck and the reason i just came home from an 11hour night duty and have 6 more nights to go this fortnightO_O oh GOD i need tattslotto. now NOWWWWWW. lol, yeah they are cracking down on th visas if i just go play in the UK i think i can have 6 months like you said, but ill try get a work visa so i can support my poor debt ridden arse whilst im over there, still, all the time having super fun. i want to go back like, yesterday :(

Your post reminds me of a funny story. I was actually in a holding cell at Gatwick for a few hours because of an unsaid incident that I caused in line. I was lambasted by an immigration officer for being an "arrogant American" because I was mimicking his accent, then I started speaking eubonics. I want to go back there too. But the back asswards thing about travelling to the British Isles these days is this...

It is easier for Nigerian/Arabic/Somalian radicals to enter the country, that is now being overrun by Islamic jihadists, than it is legitimate tourists/dual citizens. Be careful.

cyborg assassin
01-07-2010, 02:36 AM
2010 is a general election year in Britain. As I am already sick of democracy to begin with, I think by the end of the year I will be believing that the Divine Right of Kings ought to be reintroduced, because I am sure that the election campaign will only further my dislike for democracy. What the hell was wrong with poor James II compared to the likes of Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg?

MArshall
01-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Your post reminds me of a funny story. I was actually in a holding cell at Gatwick for a few hours because of an unsaid incident that I caused in line. I was lambasted by an immigration officer for being an "arrogant American" because I was mimicking his accent, then I started speaking eubonics. I want to go back there too. But the back asswards thing about travelling to the British Isles these days is this...

It is easier for Nigerian/Arabic/Somalian radicals to enter the country, that is now being overrun by Islamic jihadists, than it is legitimate tourists/dual citizens. Be careful.

O_o

LOL.i love airport stories!!!
i had trouble at LAX, they stripped me down to my singlet and xrayed and rexrayed my clothes (innocent)me" ummm why are you doing this?" angry LAX man "BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING SEWN into the Seams of YOUR CLOTHING" Me: Shuts the fuck up very quickly. friend standing the OTHER side of security"LAUGHING HER HEAD OFF"

iggy
05-11-2012, 07:46 AM
2010 is going to be the best year EVER!

Joker
05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4/48363/1102736-1041194_thread_necro_super_super.jpg

Golden Eel
05-11-2012, 10:50 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4/48363/1102736-1041194_thread_necro_super_super.jpg

Haha, the "I Agree" got me.