PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Movies of 2010

Dronepool
12-28-2009, 10:40 PM
What are your most anticipated movies coming out in 2010? Remember anticipated does not mean you have to list EVERY movie you plan on seeing, it's just means the new movies you look forward to seeing the most.

So far...

Iron Man 2
Inception
Alice In Wonderland
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Son Of El Topo (not sure if it's 2010)
Kick-Ass
Jonah Hex

Ezekhiel
12-29-2009, 12:31 AM
The Hobbit (sorry, 2011)

21Faces
12-29-2009, 02:05 AM
The Book of Eli (made in my state by people I know! w00t!)
The Wolf Man (finally, a horror movie for grownups)
Alice in Wonderland
Inception

and I would say Sons of El Topo if I were even allowing myself the hope this might really happen. If it did- everyone in a 500 mile radius would feel the shockwave of my orgasm. But unless more details surface I've got to shelve this right next to Killshot, unfortunately.

Funndeath
12-29-2009, 04:24 AM
Most of the films I'm looking forward to are sort of tentative, I've just heard of them floating around.
I Spit on Your Rave (Noel Fielding! Zombies!)
Basra (an Indian film with Abhay Deol, Chitrangada Singh and Shahana Goswami)
Ishqiya (Jan 29th! Can't fucking wait, it's going to be amazing)
The Rum Diary (2010 post production)

You guys have already mentioned
Iron Man 2
Alice in Wonderland
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

And I'm sorry guys, but I think Sons of El Topo/Abelcain is quite a remote possibility at the moment, at least for 2010. Though the IMDB page says Abelcain 2011 in development. But now I feel like watching El Topo again.

PS: I think THE most anticipated movie of 2010 for me is Paanch by Anurag Kashyap. He has said at various times it'll release in April, or May or June. And it's been awaited since 2003. Since the fucking censor board has a stick up their ass. But now that he's doing commercially fine, and is an "accepted" director they might release it. I'm actually downloading a torrent right now (a preview copy just got leaked this month), the film is on youtube, but I can't wait for the day I get to see it in a theater.

DecayingSinner
12-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Alice in Wonderland
maybe I am putting a little too much faith into this, but A Nightmare on Elm St.

secretsquirrely
12-31-2009, 04:31 AM
2010 is looking to be very promising thus far. My list:

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Alice in Wonderland
The Wolf Man
Inception
Shutter Island
Kick-Ass
Iron Man 2
Pirahna 3D
Dread
30 Days of Night: Blood Trails

As you can see I'm a big horror fan :P

Mi-CroMartie
12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
Iron Man 2

Clash of the Titans (I'm a sucker for Greek myths about gods and goddesses, 3 headed dog Cerberus and other greek monsters)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Wolfman (Interesting cast of Hannibal himself and Benicio Del Toro)

And here's the complete list for 2010 movies:

http://www.themovieinsider.com/movie-releases/-/2010/

Think I'll check out Shrek forever after, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Salt, Narnia 3 and YES, SAW 7!!!

Sputnik
12-31-2009, 10:41 AM
only 2 for me so far...
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Alice in the Wonderland

absinthe bunny
01-01-2010, 06:33 AM
I wished I had an original answer for this topic, but I will go with Alice In Wonderland too. I got really high expectations, so I'm totally ready to be disappointed...

secretsquirrely
01-01-2010, 08:41 AM
oh I was under the impression HP was moved back to 2011. In that case add:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Clash of the Titans
and Tron: Legacy to my list

Jakob Synn
01-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble people but The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus came out in 2009. Hell, I could go down the street to my local movie theatre and watch it.

Dronepool
01-01-2010, 11:01 AM
^ It's not out in all theaters yet, I believe.

Cassandra
01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Alice in Wonderland is the only thing I'm looking forward to so far.

MrPogo
01-02-2010, 05:01 AM
^ It's not out in all theaters yet, I believe.

I was going to post "Er, sorry dude, but it came out a couple of months ago...", but it turns out the US release isn't until January 8th.

Norsefire
01-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter

Just looking on wiki at movies set to be released this year, it looks like shit.

spaceSuicide
01-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter

Seconded, immensely.

mfy
01-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Coming to my mind right now:

"The Green Hornet" (well, because Michel Gondry's directing it)
"My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done"
The Social Network (because Aaron Sorkin wrote it)
"The Trial of the Chicago 7" (Sorkin again, though it will probably not come out in '10)

I'm also waiting for "Sherlock Holmes" to finally hit the theaters in Germany... This one I'd like to see on the big screen.

Jakob Synn
01-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I was going to post "Er, sorry dude, but it came out a couple of months ago...", but it turns out the US release isn't until January 8th.

No, it's just limited release right now while wide release is on the 8th.

Anima XI
01-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Hm mine are probably:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
Alice in Wonderland
The Book of Eli
Arrested Development
Inception

Lauren
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Jeez, I am really not updated on movies anymore, I forgot some of these were coming out. I look forward to seeing:

Alice in Wonderland
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
Iron Man 2
The Wolf Man
A Nightmare on Elm Street

Looks like another year full of remakes and film 'interpretations' of books & comics, but some actually look good!

ImNotJesus
01-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Just to shit on everyone's bubble, but 'Imaginarium' is fucking awful by just about all standards.

Iron Man 2
Harry Potter 7 part 1
Law Abiding Citizen

Anima XI
01-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Just to shit on everyone's bubble, but 'Imaginarium' is fucking awful by just about all standards.

Really? Why? Aw, I was looking forward to it =/

ImNotJesus
01-05-2010, 09:26 AM
^

Well, look, I suppose there are those who would enjoy it, and I could have been being a bit harsh...

Unfortunately though, my opinion and that of a great many people around Australia where it was released recently, is that it's a long, convoluted, deliberately-but-excessively non-sensical and underwhelming film. The performances are great, as you'd expect from such decent actors, but Terry Gilliam once again tried to bite off about 10,000 times more than he can chew.

Still, give it a watch, to each their own.