PDA

View Full Version : the Tomorrow People (circa 1974)

archdandydotcom
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Anyone else a fan of the original thames television series The Tomorrow People (1974)?
(not to be confused with the canadian nickalodean version in the 80's)

if so, lets discuss the jaunting!

R.Daneel Olivaw
01-24-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm new to the forum!
So, first off then, YES! Still a massive fan of the Tomorrow People. Great concept and love the Bowie connection - (Oh! You Pretty Things).
Apart from the storylines themselves I really like how the 'homo superior' TPs are not contemptuous of the Saps ie. homo sapiens. Their non-violence when dealing with alien and human nasties made for far more interesting tales than if they'd been the usual super humans. Like a lot of kids' TV and TV in general in the 1970s it matched the straight Sci fi elements with an ongoing multi-cultural Britain, so you had black and romany TPs for example. Anyway I'm off to visit the Galactic Trig!
Also a fan of Ace of Wands, Dr Who, Survivors and Lost In Space. Currently Life On Mars / Ashes To Ashes (there's Bowie again!), Demons, Bone Kickers, new Survivors and Primeval - especially the episode where the medieval Knight ended up stranded in our time.

Seven
01-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I used to love The Tomorrow People! My siblings and I used to love the show and we played it among ourselves, battling evil and jaunting with our 'special' belts.

R.Daneel Olivaw
01-31-2010, 10:09 AM
That all sounds good, who won?! ;-) Did you avoid Jedikiah?

Just thought I'd let you know some fave episodes, The Blue and the Green, was an absolute gem. Also The Vanishing Earth. I liked it when Ginge and Lefty were in it: the 2 'sap' bikers that helped the TP. Not forgetting TIM, the bio-tronic computer, bit smug, but did the business!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention an absolute legend from the 1970s - SKY. 7 episodes of total superhuman psychedelic mayhem.

archdandydotcom
02-15-2010, 09:26 AM
i am disappointed they fired steven. i got the dvd of the joan collins movie "the stud" and he is in it and has one line in it.

R.Daneel Olivaw
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Steven the Stud!!!
Sounds a bit like a horny doozlum pin - probably spelt wrong...
Wasn't Joanie in The Bitch aswell? She's more a weekend person than a Tomorrow Person though, ha ha.

archdandydotcom
03-06-2010, 08:04 PM
anyone else notice how obvious Mike's testicles are featured in Living Skins episode when Tim takes off the special track suit Mike is wearing, and he is on the table in his tight little bikini underwear?