PDA

View Full Version : The Wolfman

spaceSuicide
01-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I hadn't seen a thread for this so I thought I'd post...

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9100000/The-Wolfman-2010-werewolves-9190626-510-755.jpg

Starring:
Benicio del Toro
Anthony Hopkins
Emily Blunt
Hugo Weaving

This is a direct remake of the classic Wolfman movie from the early 20th century, and it is being remade by Universal Sutidos so I know I'ts going to be awesome. I'm stoked to see it. I first heard of it when I seen Zombieland back in October, the trailer was the only one before the film that looked great to see. See the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVKyeMQcUNY

Alternate trailer with more complete plot shown but embedding disabled - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS02xaTIdRI

I'm going to see this monster on the opening day.

Will you?

secretsquirrely
01-31-2010, 04:35 AM
I could have sworn there was indeed a thread for this. But perhaps it perished in the site transfer. Every clip I have seen so far has been promising. I really can't wait to see this and I hope my funds allow me to see this monster in cinemas. Rawr!

Oh and go to Bloody-Disgusting and you can hear the final howl they made for him.

ThreeEyedGod
01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
That movie poster actually looks pretty good.

spaceSuicide
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Seeing this tomorrow at 12:10 pm. :)

Mi-CroMartie
02-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Even though Ebert gave it a 2 1/2 stars, he says in his paragraph, "This makes a satisfactory Valentine's Date type of movie." :p LOL.

secretsquirrely
02-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah ebert's review was rather funny. He have it a low star rating, but gave it a pretty positive written review. It was fair and everything. Most places are ripping it apart, but I'll have to wait to see it to judge. though I think people these days are expecting way too much form films. I mean I knew the moment Johnston signed up that it would be a cheese fest...but in the good way really. From the trailers and clips I have seen, and the preview of Elfman's score I've heard it looks to be very similar to Bram Stoker's Dracula..which was cheesy and campy as hell, yet still rocked.

I think if this movie had come out in the 90s people would have loved it to death, but it had the misfortune of being thrust into an era where people want everything to be Oscar worthy.

Mi-CroMartie
02-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Wanna bet Avatar will win all of those Oscars? Besides District 9 and Basterds? Mark my words.

The wolfman is not yet available in my local cinema. Maybe next week? :(

The only movies showing in my theaters: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Dr. Parnassus, and Valentine's Day. Bllaahh. But there's also Daybreakers which I already saw online. :P

Lauren
02-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I haven't seen a movie in theatres since Inglourious Basterds and after I saw the trailer for this movie, I got really excited and I saw it today. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. There are scenes in the movie that are shot really well but the actual story is terrible. But Benicio Del Toro is the real eye candy. :D

I guess I would say it's similar to Coppola's Dracula but the Wolf Man, even the way it was shot. There's more gore than I expected and it was humorous, like a cheesy zombie film. And I haven't watched the original in a long time, but I'm pretty sure there weren't many similarities.

I wouldn't recommend seeing it unless you want to spend Valentines with Benicio Del Toro~

Peaches
02-12-2010, 07:39 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS! EEEEEEEEEE!

BeniciOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Del Toro!

spaceSuicide
02-14-2010, 04:45 PM
I seen it today and enjoyed it. I can see why they'd give it poor reviews but I had a good time and I liked the characters and plot. I enjoyed the effects not with CGI.

I really liked Benicio Del Toro in this. I haven't seen him in too much either, I should.

ImNotJesus
02-14-2010, 05:32 PM
That soundtrack in the trailer sounds awfully familiar...

spaceSuicide
02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm a dumbass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX5D_V7yu1E

S.Hal0mega.B
02-17-2010, 05:15 AM
I seen it today and enjoyed it. I can see why they'd give it poor reviews but I had a good time and I liked the characters and plot. I enjoyed the effects not with CGI.

I really liked Benicio Del Toro in this. I haven't seen him in too much either, I should.

Agreed, have you seen "the usual suspects" or "Fear and loathing in las vegas"? Great roles for him.

spaceSuicide
02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
"Fear and loathing in las vegas"? Great roles for him.

Seen it, own it and love that film.

Mictlancihuatl
02-17-2010, 10:28 PM
That soundtrack in the trailer sounds awfully familiar...

Pretty much it's the soundtrack to Dracula with Gary Oldman. I saw the movie yesterday. And I must say I liked it very much. It wasn't trying to be sexually violent and be all sad aloof wolf guy. This was a very traditional monster movie. I enjoyed it.

Mi-CroMartie
02-18-2010, 04:24 AM
First time I heard your voice Nicky boy. :p But yes, CGI maybe shitty to you in Avatar but mark my words, that movie will rule the Oscar awards... Still, I wanna see Wolfman and if it's good, well, consider to put it alongside my fave sci-fi AVATAR!!! LOL. :P

spaceSuicide
02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
First time I heard your voice Nicky boy.

First time for everything, I suppose.

Mi-CroMartie
03-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Finally saw it. At first, I almost fell asleep during the slow pace at the middle part but things started picking up in pieces. Literally. Looved the gore factors. And I'm surprised Hannibal Lecter himself is one of them too!!

Although the werewolf origin of how the Talbot family is cursed reminded me of LOTR's Gollum... WTF was that?

Anyway, I looved the werewolf fighting at the ending.. Despite it had tragic consequences... :(

And the howling sound is a huuuge echo sentiment of Joe Dante's first Howling movie...

At least, the 2 werewolf protagonists didn't have perfect abs like Twatlight's Team Jacob. :P They're more bad-asses than the Twilight werewolf pack.