PDA

View Full Version : Lost - season 6 - Contains SPOILERS!

Norsefire
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
The final season of LOST premiers tonight in the US, I will be downloading it in the morning, I can't fucking wait for it.

I watched a crappy video of the first episode the other night, the sound was terrible, but I couldn't turn it off, it was just too awesome. I'd love to talk about it, but I don't want to spoil it.

Any other LOST fans on here?

Method Man
02-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Of course there are LOST fans on here :D

I haven't watched any of the new series yet, but I'll get round to it later today. I just have to many things to watch at the moment. But not the time to watch it. I'm sure I can make room for this though.

Isn't this the last series?

Jakob Synn
02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Norsefire, maybe you should put POSSIBLE SPOILERS or CONTAINS SPOILERS in the thread title.

Last nights episode was pretty good. Kind of sad Juliette died so fast, but I figured it was inevitable because it seems this season is more about Oceanic 815 survivors.

The only thing that confuses the fuck out of me is how both lives are going on. Outside the island and on. I'm confused.

Litso
02-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Hell yeah. I'm currently without internet (except my phone) so I can't watch it yet.. :( Can't wait till the weekend, I have high hopes for this season.

Norsefire
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
I watched it streaming online last night from ABC so I didn't have to wait for Download links, so that was pretty awesome.

I will totally have to watch it again, and what a cunt of an end for ep 2. What did they want to talk to Jack about???? WTF is up with Sayid????

I will post more in a few days when I have re-watched, and so I don't spoil it for others. I will ask cringeon if he can get a spoiler tag added to the forums.

Peg-Legged Greg
02-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Took far too long to get this season on air, and I think the delay did derail some of the intense excitement I had for Lost, but last nights episode was pretty good. I'm thinking that the "Off the Island" scenes they are mixing in with the "On the Island" will come full circle in the series finale, and instead of giving it to us in the standard linear timeline (which, as we know, hasn't been a theme of this show) they opted for showing us both simultaneously so that an epiphanic moment occurs in the finale where all of the Off The Island and On The Island scenes finally equate.

Locke as the black smoke, cool.as.hell. Hurley's character got a whole lot more interesting for me last night, look forward to seeing him develop as a possible central character instead of a big secondary player.

Desmond on the plane in the Off the Island clip threw me a bit, still haven't connected that. Any ideas or theories?

thousand_kisses
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
after watching it last night, my brain hurts. but in a good way.

Ramm91
02-03-2010, 03:22 PM
I loved the first episodes and can't wait for next week.

Mi-CroMartie
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM
after watching it last night, my brain hurts. but in a good way.

You LOST your brain cells. LOL. :P

Speaking of which, Lost Season 5 is having re-run marathon on my local cable.

Method Man
02-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Desmond on the plane in the Off the Island clip threw me a bit, still haven't connected that. Any ideas or theories?

Well we saw the island underwater and as the bomb had gone off Desmonds boat never crash landed at the island. Why he was on the plane, I'm not so sure.

I enjoyed it, but kind of agree with greg. It's taken way to long to come out that I kind of forgotten half the story.

Jakob Synn
02-04-2010, 03:00 PM
And why didn't those guys at the Temple freak out sooner when they noticed the water wasn't clear like it used to be. I mean that seemed like an obvious sign smokie is coming and had done something to Jacob.

DecayingSinner
02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm about halfway through the final season of the Sopranos and then I'm starting with Lost. I can't wait.

Peg-Legged Greg
02-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Well we saw the island underwater and as the bomb had gone off Desmonds boat never crash landed at the island. Why he was on the plane, I'm not so sure.

Yeah, assuming that the islanders prevented a Dharma substation (hatch) from being constructed, then obviously Desmond wouldn't have been there at the time of the plane crash pushing the button. Maybe him being on the plane was purely a random coincidence, but 5 seasons of this show have lead me to believe that nothing is purely coincidence. I have no idea how the show intends to weave this coincidence into the rest of the season...

And yeah, I was also a bit skeptical of the temple inhabitants not questioning the dirty water like I would've thought they should. I mean, if this pool held healing properties ala Ponce De Leon's "fountain of youth," ANY change in it's characteristics would've been an immediate red flag to me.

Oh well, maybe it'll make sense later.

Jakob Synn
02-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I just caught the last half hour again on Space and noticed when Locke Smokey first sees Richard he says "Nice to see you not in chains Richard" or something like that. So I'm guessing the reason Richard never ages is because he's like Jacob and this smoke monster guy. I dunno. Just a thought.

Norsefire
02-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, assuming that the islanders prevented a Dharma substation (hatch) from being constructed, then obviously Desmond wouldn't have been there at the time of the plane crash pushing the button. Maybe him being on the plane was purely a random coincidence, but 5 seasons of this show have lead me to believe that nothing is purely coincidence. I have no idea how the show intends to weave this coincidence into the rest of the season...

And yeah, I was also a bit skeptical of the temple inhabitants not questioning the dirty water like I would've thought they should. I mean, if this pool held healing properties ala Ponce De Leon's "fountain of youth," ANY change in it's characteristics would've been an immediate red flag to me.

Oh well, maybe it'll make sense later.

I was so confused to start with, but I'm sort of ok now, I like the idea of this Flash sideways. I am watching it, and I am thinking will Sawyer and Kate have any chance of getting together? or any other past history etc. Knowing what all these characters had and lost is pretty cool when watching it play out now.

I don't have a clue why the island is under water. I guess it could very well be the cause of the bomb, maybe it had a massive effect on the island. But going on what we saw, we know it was sometime around the time Dharma was on the island because there little houses were built, I hope there is some kind of cool event that we see that caused the island to be underwater. What about Dharma did they live? or was Dharma already wiped out, maybe it was the others living in those houses at the time of the island going underwater? lol too many questions.

I thought having Desmond on the plane was really cool, I assume he never got stuck on the island, but why is he was on the same flight, I don't know. I guess its the whole effect from the timeline changing and I'm sure it will be explained.

I have been reading the lost forums, and yeah there were obvious differences on the flight, but some people think it isn't 8.15, one thing being the seating plan/amount of seats in a row being different from the original flight 8.15. Which I guess makes sense.

Because Hurley won the lottery with a new set of numbers, 8.15 related to those bad numbers, so maybe the flight we saw landing will have numbers related to the new set, but who knows, its fucking LOST.

Anyway, here is a spoiler pic,

http://i.iimmgg.com/images/gr/51c2e241940723ac3a05dde722256e9f.jpg

The smoke monster turning out to be that guy/fake locke, that was something that the fans already guessed at, so it was nice to see it confirmed. Still didn't really answer much as to what the smoke monster is, why is it smoke, purpose etc. But I was watching season 1 last night, the episode where boone and locke are in the jungle, thought it was cool in a way that when boone was left alone by locke, the smoke monster turned up. I'm not saying locke has been fake locke all along, but he did encounter the smoke monster early on, would be sort of cool if it was all connected since the start, but I don't think it will be.

There is an episode for Richard coming up soon, so I read. So I assume we will find out his back story, I can't wait, I have been waiting for that for a long time. When he said about the chains to Richard it reminded me of the Black Rock theories, where fans thought he was probably prisoner on it or something. I am thinking they were probably right.

I loved the temple, and the new group of others. I thought it was awesome Cindy was there with the kids, but I don't understand how shes all so cool/a complete other. She was kidnapped and then what? did she even try to escape? we saw her with the others before on the Hydra island. Was she always an Other? some people think she might be, I have thought the same as well, it would be cool to think she was only on 8.15 to get back to the island.

I didn't understand the water not being clear. I assume that if its clear they heal people in it, that guy cut his hand and held it in the water, and pulled it out, it wasn't healed. So I was thinking it was fucked, but they still dunked Sayid anyway. I wonder if Sayid is still Sayid, just throwing this idea out there, could that be how HE gets into the temple?

They put down the ash, they blocked up the doors, to keep HIM out and by him I assume they mean the smokey guy. Wouldn't it be cool if he doesn't even try to break down the doors to enter the temple, because he enters it through sayid.

I don't have a clue where it is all heading though, what is the problem between these two groups? which also leads me back to Ben and Widmore, I don't ever remember there issues being explained, didn't Ben say he couldn't kill Widmore? I think he did, but not completely sure.

I think its great how everything has lead to the death of Jacob though, this mystery guy who we didn't know is dead as a result of the losties actions. Crashing/discovering/calling the frieghter/getting off the island/ben turning the wheel/locke turning the wheel/ben killing locke/ben getting everyone back and telling them to bring dead locke/locke turns into fake locke/ben kills Jacob.
It all played out so well in the other guys/smokeys favour.

I could talk about this forever.

Lauren
02-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I thought the premiere was pretty good, even though there were commercials every two minutes and it's hard to enjoy and keep up with the show.

Anyway, I don't think Juliet will stay dead. My mom kept saying that while they're taking Sayid to the temple, they'll take Juliet and she'll come back to life too. And since it worked with Sayid, they'll want to see if Juliet can come back and Jack will take the blame and he could be in trouble.

I really don't like seeing them after the plane made a safe landing. It just doesn't feel right and I hope the series doesn't end that way.

Locke as the smoke monster made me smile from ear to ear, I was so excited. Then again, it's not the real Locke, but it's still cool~

I know I must be missing something I wanted to say, oh well.

Norsefire
02-07-2010, 01:13 PM
yeah I expected them to try and save Juliet by taking her to the temple. I can't remember if this is fact or theorie but she was marked and that meant she could no longer go to the temple? If that is right then I think it would of been a better way of ending her, like filling the viewers with hope of her coming back to life, only for it to be destroyed.

But the way she died, I think the finale last year was a better end scene for her and they should of left it at that, I thought bringing her back for those few minutes was a bit pointless. Unless we are going to see how she knew it worked.

Method Man
02-08-2010, 06:09 AM
I think the temple is where they heal people. Not bring them back to life. And Sayid was still alive when they took him there, was as Juliet was dead.

Also about the Smoke. I thought that the smoke can just take form of people that are dead on the island. Which is why he took the form of John Locke. Christian, Yemi etc.

Also interesting that Christians coffin never made it to Los Angeles, yet when they plane crashes the Coffin is on the island.

Norsefire
02-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Something I was thinking like just now, didn't Ben see his mother on the island? so how does that work, she didn't die on the island. So did Jacob make that vision? or was it smokey as well.

I think the coffin might be important. How do you just loose that? and what is it so important that it is lost? it might be a big thing in the alt timeline story.

Jakob Synn
02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I don't believe Ben's mom actually died on the island. She died then after his father and him went to the island.

Miss Lisa
02-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Finally finished my S5 catchup and watched the new episodes!!!

My theory/if you can call it that: DEAD IS DEAD. The smoke monster is possessing Sayid as well. He's gonna bring 'em down from the inside.

Jakob Synn
02-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Well that wasn't a great episode, though I always find Kate episodes don't really live up to some others.

I think it's awesome Claires back as the new Rousseau. Kind of sad for Sayid, he'll be off the show before mid-season, though who knows.

Well, time for a two week Lost break due to the stinkin Olympics :p

Lauren
02-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Have to agree with you. ^ Although I did like Claire and Kate's connection off the island.

And I'm not liking these 'others'. It seems they just popped up and it frustrates me. The infection thing is stupid too but I'm hoping it will end up working into the story line. I have to add in that I loved when they were talking about zombies, haha.

Norsefire
02-11-2010, 07:44 AM
yeah I was really dissapointed with this weeks episode.

How many times can someone ask for answers and not get them? It didn't cover much ground at all.

Nice to see Kate and Claire together, but the on island story just hardly moved anywhere. Claire coming in at the end was cool, but not enough. There just wasn't really any WOW moments for me.

Jakob Synn
02-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I find it interesting that people who had a thing on the island are now dealing with their problems together off the island. Like Kate and Claire. Kate was taking care of Aaron off the island and now she's helping Kate. Same goes for Jack and Locke. Wonder if next you'll see Sawyer helping Sayid or something.

Also, I kind of like the infection thing. Makes me wonder if they'll save Sayid or if he'll go awol like Claire. I mean Claire is the new Rousseau, those weren't Rousseaus trap, they were Claires. So it makes me think that you can't have a baby on the island but if you were pregnant then come to the island and have the baby you end up losing your baby to someone and go crazy.

I also really like the new others, especially the asian guy. He's sweet! The guy with the glasses is lame though.

One last thing. It was noted that the nurse in the delivery room with Claire in the past episode was actually Kates nanny from the off island timeline. It's not been said whether it was the woman playing two roles or actually a part of the storyline, but I think it was.

Jakob Synn
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I thought last nights episode to be pretty enlightening. I'm just going to post some of my thought in point form.

- A lot of people think that when Eliana told Ben that the man in black (aka fake locke) can only take Lockes form now was a mix up but I think she was talking about how "now" he can only be John Locke and not another dead person. Now that Jacobs dead he can only stay in that form.

- The cave thing was really really interesting. Though it still doesn't really explain the numbers fully. I mean yes, the numbers correspond with one of the oceanic 6, but their such odd numbers just to be chosen, there has to be a reason why their there. As well, where's Kate on the list. She seems not to be appointed a number? Odd.

- The Sawyer/Fake Locke scenes just showed how fucking great Sawyers character is. All the scenes were bloody brilliant!

- It was wierd seeing Richard all scared. I'm used to seeing him all calm and everything.

- I'm also finding the flash sideways very odd. So what you're saying is even if these people never crashed on the flight they would still somehow meet one another?

- So what I'm thinking and I actually have been thinking this for a while, but now it's making more sense. The kid in the episode showing up and telling fake locke that "You know the rules. You can't kill him." makes me think that a long long time ago before the black rock showed up on the island that him and Jacob were part of some ancient society. I also believe that Jacob picked Richard as his right hand man, and in turn made him immortal. It would make sense for an anceint society with the giant statue.

- When I found out season 6 was going to be about good vs evil I always figured it was going to be a battle between Sawyer(evil) vs Jack(good). It's been basically been leading up to this kind of battle since the begining.

And that's about that...

Oh yeah one last thing. It really pisses me off when Lost does this. They end with a cliffhanger then the next episode don't even talk about it or mention it so we have to wait two weeks just to find out about Claire.

Norsefire
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I thought this episode was good.

It was great to see the flash sideways with Locke helping Hurley out. I was suprised he didn't contact Jack, but then I am wondering if he ripped it up and then later still runs into him, or contacts him anyway.
I also like that Rose was there as well, but she still got the cancer, but still it was great to see these people come together again.

It was interesting that there was talk of Locke's dad coming to the wedding, I think he also had a photo of his dad up on his board at work, so I think we can say Locke got his back fucked in some other way and not by his dad.

The cave thing was cool, but really didn't make much sense. Kate wasn't mentioned there at all, can't wait to find out why. The numbers popping up again, yeah awesome and how cool that the last numbers left are the lost numbers, but still it doesn't explain the numbers one little bit.

lol at sideways Ben, I thought that scene was funny, plus it was cool to see him in this timeline.

I think what I get from all of this, is that these people are somehow connected and will always be drawn to each other. It reminds me of how Lost started, like when we found out Claire is Jack's sister, and then Jack meeting Desmond before he went off on his boat. Didn't Libby give Desmond the boat or money? and then like Sawyer and Locke's dad etc etc. Then they all crashed together and it was really cool to find out how they had been connected to each other but didn't really know it, now we are seeing something similar only we know them and they don't but they are still connected.

thousand_kisses
02-19-2010, 07:27 AM
question: does jack know claire is his sister? i seem to recall that he was told by his mother he had a sister but i don't remember whether claire was specifically mentioned. so many details with this show, hard to remember it all.

Jakob Synn
02-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Yes he did find out. His mother never told him, it was actually Claires mother who was at the eulogy for Christian after the Oceanic 6 came back. She told Jack he had a sister and she was on that flight and her name was Claire.

Norsefire
02-26-2010, 11:20 AM
This weeks episode was a good one.

I laughed when they got to the lighthouse, I was thinking "wtf how did they never see that before?". Then Jack basically asked the same thing.

The lighthouse was cool with the light and the degree's with their names again, pretty awesome, but Jack smashed it up, I guess thats the end of that or what its reason was. :(

The flash side ways was a good one as well, but do they actually mean anything? The flash side ways doesn't answer any questions, its like LOST #2. But I thought Dogen was strange, for me I was wondering if Dogen was really in the flash sideways or somehow in both, he seemed a bit odd in a cool way.

The ending was great with Claire, she said she had been with her friend, and in walks Flocke. Does that mean Christian was smokey as well because it was him who she was with before. I also like the way she said she would kill Kate if she had took Aaron. Whoops!

Lauren
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
I really liked this weeks episode too, but it seems to me that they're kind of rushing the season. Sure, a lot of things are being revealed and they say "the time for questions is over", but I keep asking myself even more questions and it's like they're trying to avoid answering other questions. But there are still a lot of episodes left so I'm still hopeful.

Lauren
03-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Only 10 episodes left!

This episode was interesting, mainly because of Sayid's story and seeing the other characters that are in it. On the previews for next weeks episode, they said that Ben would die. He is one of the characters that makes the show imo and to see him go won't make me happy, but he is a wussy now so I don't know. :\ I'm surprised that when Kate told Claire she had Aaron, Claire didn't kill her. But I also think that Kate's reason for her saving him will make Claire trust her more.

My mom was angry when Sayid killed Dogen, but I'm suspecting his motives right now and I'm hoping he doesn't join 'Locke'.

Jakob Synn
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh my god was that fucking episode great! I'm sad no more Dogen :( I really liked him. I didn't like the fight scene he had with Sayid.

I missed the preview for last week. Though Ben hasn't really been on during this season and did you see how scared he was of Sayid, that was great.

Kate pissed me off in this episode. She was annoying, I don't know why. I guess because she wants to try and justify herself but in the end just ended up kidnapping a baby.

This episode seemed like the episode where everything is going to start going apeshit.

And I'm really upset we have yet to see a Sawyer flash sideways

Norsefire
03-05-2010, 07:40 PM
The ending of this weeks episode was amazing, for me it was the Holy Fuck where do we go from now? point.

what is left of the others are now with FLocke, kind of shitty they switched sides so fast, but beats getting killed by smoke.

I find it funny how Kate can leave the temple and make it back before Richard has even made it to the temple. Remember he was in the jungle when Sawyer was with Flocke, I'm sure he would of made it to the temple before kate and before lapidus and co. But there is a Richard episode coming up very soon, I think its 2 weeks away, so maybe it will be explained then. I read we will find out about why he doesn't age and its something we will never guess.

Kate and her big mouth, L O L "I raised Aaron". But anyone else would of also said that Aaron is safe with your mother, that might of made Claire a bit happier about it. I find it strange the way Claire said she would kill Kate, and then Kate jumped down the hole and then Claire and Kate both walked out at the end. At first I was wondering if Kate had been killed off camera by Claire and she was now one of them, but now I'm thinking not because Kate still seems like the Kate we know and not some crazy person.

I need to watch this episode again.

Jakob Synn
03-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Why would she just kill Kate right away? She'll wait for the perfect time.

And I think Richard doesn't age because he's in the same kind of league as Jacob and fLOCKE. Because remember, fLOCKE said just before he knocked him in the throat it was good to see him again and out of those chains. So there is a past with these guys and with Richard working for Jacob.

Norsefire
03-12-2010, 12:16 PM
OK this weeks lost was the best episode so far in this season imo.
Richard was great, totally given up on everything he believed in and followed because of Jacob now being dead and he was all set to die, and Jack risked his life as well and then they didn't die. :D Which I think says that Jacob being dead was never the end of the plan anyway and like I have said before, either here or the lost forum, it was probably Jacobs plan to die when he did or he knew it was going to happen anyway.
There was some real nice bits in the episode, Ben digging his grave, Flocke helping him go free and then Ilana saying she will have Ben, I didn't think Ben would go with Flocke, but it was really nice that Ilana took him back but she couldn't afford to let him go anyway really.

Alt Ben was awesome, I loved the little story with him getting those emails to work his way into the Head Teachers job only to have it turned against him with Alex needing the letter from the head teacher or her life to be runied. I knew Ben would pick helping Alex over trying to get the job, but when the scene first played and he went in the office and touched the name block thing, I thought "fucking hell... LOL no way" thinking he actually went for the job instead. So I enjoyed the way they filmed that.

Funny episode as well with the Headtecher and Nurse thing going on because just before I joined my secondry school, my sister being older, she was already there. The headteacher at the school was caught by the caretaker being spanked with a ruler by the Dinner Lady - I'm sure thats right, it was printed in the News of the World uk paper if I remember rightly as well.
The schools little saying was "Truly Things, Truly Done" and the students turned it into "Truly Things, Truly Done. Strip Me Down and Spank My Bum". L O L.

Edit,
And I also thought it was cool, the scene with Ben talking to his Father and they mentioned that they had been on the Island. WOW! So just as people assumed Dharma still went there, it was obvious by the houses by it confirms it. Now I wonder why the hell they left the island, and more importantly, why the hell the island sunk.... and where is jacob on Alt timeline. But I don't think the alt timeline is that important, to be honest they didn't even need to bring it into the show, but now they started telling that story I hope they finish it as well.

Method Man
03-22-2010, 03:33 AM
I believe the next episode is a Richard based episode. Can't wait if it is.

Norsefire
03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
yeah it is, it should be an awesome episode.

Norsefire
03-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Part of me loved this new episode and part of me didn't.

Jacob touched Richard... yeah we knew that so why doesn't he age? that big question that has spanned seasons... oh Jacob did just touch him. I was expecting a lot more to it than that, very boring.

I need to re-watch it but when I saw it, the Black Rock hitting the Statue and smashing it up, I agree with a lot of LOST fans, WTF? a wooden ship smashes up the statue. It was nice to see it all get wrapped up and connected, but I'm not so sure how cool it was.

Lauren
03-24-2010, 12:55 PM
This episode did answer some questions but I thought it was cheesy and dragged on. I really liked the ending and I gotta say, I think I'm Team Jacob, haha.

Norsefire
03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I love the fact that no one knows now just who is actually good and who is evil. I'm not sure who I would follow, probably sawyer, let them fight between themselves and when they aint looking I'd be taking the sub. lol

Method Man
03-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Episode was quite cool. About the Statue thing. Yeah I was totally like WTF. But not just that, when you think how tall the statue is and how high the sea level was. Surely the whole island would be underwater lol!

Finding lost quite annoying at the moment. Like one episode will end on a cliffhanger and then you won't find out what happens for another 3 weeks as it goes on about something else.

Norsefire
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Episode was quite cool. About the Statue thing. Yeah I was totally like WTF. But not just that, when you think how tall the statue is and how high the sea level was. Surely the whole island would be underwater lol!

Finding lost quite annoying at the moment. Like one episode will end on a cliffhanger and then you won't find out what happens for another 3 weeks as it goes on about something else.

When you think about the time spent at the Temple, and now it has been cleaned out by the smoke monster, we didn't really learn that much from those episodes imo. It was nice to see the temple, and see some of the other others, but they are dead now, so I see it a bit of a waste of time in one way.

Norsefire
04-11-2010, 08:06 AM
This weeks episode of lost was brilliant.

I was starting to dislike the flash sideways because I felt like it was a waste of time. What if? who cares, IF didn't happen, so lets get back to the island and get some answers etc.... then this weeks episode happened.
Seems like the sideways are connected to the normal time, reminded me a lot of the time when Desmond turned the key and he was in another time, the time when he and Hawkings were like two people aware they were living in another time. It would seem this time, Hawkings/Mrs Widmore knows once again that there is a problem with the time. It is an exciting developement.

Method Man
04-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Last weeks episode was one of the best yet!

Norsefire
04-13-2010, 11:23 AM
I got this t-shirt through today, I think it is awesome.

http://www.wakeuptimetodie.co.uk/drive-shaft-321-p.asp

If anyone asks me who Drive Shaft are, I will tell them they are a rock band... and leave out the fictional part.

Method Man
04-14-2010, 04:58 AM
That's cool. This one is funny.

http://www.wakeuptimetodie.co.uk/hoffs--drawlar-359-p.asp

Norsefire
04-24-2010, 02:04 PM
This weeks episode was one of my favs so far for this season.

1 - FLOCKE admitted he was Christian Shepherd, we wanted that answered and now we have it. Although still doesn't say why the coffin was empty when smokey took locke's form the body was still in the coffin.
Also, didn't jack see Christian off the island? If Smokey/MIB could leave the island... then wtf is he saying he needs the plane for, or is he up to something more?

I was pleased to see Sawyer and co break away from Flocke, and then WTF Jack, jumping back in, but it made sense. I think he needs to be on the island, so why would he leave it? he wouldn't. The explosion was pretty sweet, Widmore has some cool stuff with him.

I read that LOST has a break next week so no new episode for a whole week... I don't know how I will survive. lol.

Method Man
05-24-2010, 05:21 AM
OMG I cried when it ended. I am really upset it is over. I think it's the only show I have watched from begining to end on TV. Most shows I just watch box sets cause I get in to them to late.

I sky + it so Im going to watch it again when I get home.

Norsefire where are you, I don't have anyone to talk about lost too! I think I am going to explode!

thousand_kisses
05-24-2010, 06:14 AM
i haven't been this attached to a TV show in like.....well, probably never. these people had become so familiar to me it's almost like i lost a bunch of friends last night.

Lauren
05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
I agree with you guys, I have never been attached to a TV show and this was the first that I've ever watched from premiere to end - and I'm picky! I cried so hard that I got hives. The ending was predictable but I feel satisfied because it had such an effect on me. And to see Jack die, it crushed me - that's what really made me upset since he's been one of my favorite characters in the whole series. I wasn't feeling the flashsideways earlier in the season but they cleared up to me in the end and I'm glad they'll still be together. The only problems I have with it are a few plot holes and unanswered questions, like if the son was made up the entire time? Well, if the flashsideways were made up just by Jack or if they were a group effort? How come Jack and Juliet didn't know about the island even though they were married with a son? Or even Sun and Jin?
I plan on rewatching the entire series when they come out in a box set to live out the experience of the show again. I love Lost.

Ramm91
05-24-2010, 01:40 PM
R.i.p. Lost :(

Norsefire
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah I really loved this final episode. Sure there are some questions that didn't get solid answers, but after what I saw last night I was so happy with the ending, its all cool. Very sad/emotional episode, had some things in it I didn't expect to see.

It reminded me a sort of backwards season 1. Remember when in season 1 they had all passed each other in their past lives at some point, and then later on they crashed and all got to know each other. Now this time they all know each other they just don't realise it.

I loved all the parts where they clicked together and remembered their past life. Seriously, really awesome thing to do. I wasn't sure about the flash sideways, but it turned out to be one of my favourite things to do with LOST now.

Probably may favourite scene was when Juliet bumped into Sawyer and they did the whole "we should go for coffee" chat. A lot of fans thought in S6 ep1 that when Juliet said that she was in bleeding over, turned out they were right. Couldn't of guessed it was some kind of afterlife of sorts though. I've seen some fans moaning because Kate wasn't dead, niether was Hurley, yet they were there. I think Christian cleared that up though by saying something about there being no now... so it's like its happening anytime.. I guess.

I'm going to be rewatching it again tonight and I can't wait. I thought Jack finding his way back to where he landed in the crash, and the scene playing in reverse with his eye closing. I loved it.

It was also cool to see the Ajira flight leave the island, so we know some of them did get to live on. But doesn't it make you wonder what happens next with them? lol, how could they explain where they have been in that plane? I guess we might never know though.
Just like I think it would be interesting to see how Hurley did being no1 on the island, I thought it was mean that Ben didn't take control of the island, it was all he ever wanted... but at least he got the no2 position. Makes me wonder if more people ever went to the island... but I think it's a good thing. It wasn't like a major cliff hanger that has left us dying to know.

I have to watch it again. I'm going to be reading other fans theories and comments on the finale as well. Even though I have read a lot of hate on the fan forums/sites, I still loved it and I don't think I could think of a better way to end it.

Litso
05-25-2010, 01:36 PM
^ What he said.

Loved the ending, beautiful and interesting without taking away all the mystery.

thousand_kisses
05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
i watched it again last night, was even better the second time around. and again i cried like a baby....

just pre-ordered the box set and when i get that, i'm gonna watch it again from season 1.

Jakob Synn
05-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah I really loved this final episode. Sure there are some questions that didn't get solid answers, but after what I saw last night I was so happy with the ending, its all cool. Very sad/emotional episode, had some things in it I didn't expect to see.

I thought it was clear that they had all died eventually. Like you said, there was no real defining timeline in the Flash Sideways.

The Empirical Guy
05-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Wow, never been so emotional about the end of a TV Series. I've thoroughly enjoyed LOST from day 1 and I think it was a great way to round it all up in the end.

The only thing that, I'm aware of, wasn't really resolved entirely, was when Walt was referred to as "special". Was this in any way related to Locke and Desmond also being described as "special"? This seemed to be a key point for both of them, as Locke seemed marked to his destiny from day 1 (and noticeably Mother also used the word to refer to MiB), while Desmond had special properties to do with the electromagnetism on the island. If Walt hadn't left, I'd always wondered how this would have played out for him and what his being "special" could have led to. It's not a huge point and didn't ruin anything in being unanswered, it just seemed to be the only thing really that seemed like it could have been a plot point they could have potentially opened up, but didn't.

Brilliant series though, easily the best I've ever seen, and unlike some people who seem intent to bitch and whinge I don't think it had any bad points. Really loved it.

Jakob Synn
05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Here's Sarah Silverman explaining what she thought of the Lost finale.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=0f34bbb8-c0a3-4d0d-acda-da38ba5f8c8d

Jakob Synn
05-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Wow, never been so emotional about the end of a TV Series. I've thoroughly enjoyed LOST from day 1 and I think it was a great way to round it all up in the end.

The only thing that, I'm aware of, wasn't really resolved entirely, was when Walt was referred to as "special". Was this in any way related to Locke and Desmond also being described as "special"? This seemed to be a key point for both of them, as Locke seemed marked to his destiny from day 1 (and noticeably Mother also used the word to refer to MiB), while Desmond had special properties to do with the electromagnetism on the island. If Walt hadn't left, I'd always wondered how this would have played out for him and what his being "special" could have led to. It's not a huge point and didn't ruin anything in being unanswered, it just seemed to be the only thing really that seemed like it could have been a plot point they could have potentially opened up, but didn't.

I found this.

Why was Walt special? Why did the Others kidnap Walt, and what was up with Walt's apparent supernatural abilities?
Percentage Of the Vote: 15%
Will Lost Address This Question In the Finale? [SPOILER ALERT!] Maybe. During their Times Talk last night, Lost exec producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof revealed that Walt will be appearing in the series finale.
My Analysis/Theory: I don't think the Others had any clue when they abducted Walt that he had ''powers.'' See: Ben's line to Michael that Walt was ''more than we bargained for.'' Walt was only significant to the Others as a pawn in a larger conspiracy designed to get Jack to operate on Ben's spine. More specifically: The Others kidnapped Walt in order to manipulate Michael into luring Jack, Kate, and Sawyer into a trap. As for Walt's ''powers,'' this is where I break ranks with many Lost fans. Over time, I have come to accept that the Lost world allows for the existence of inexplicable supernatural phenomenon and allows for people with inexplicable paranormal abilities. Some, like Miles, understand how to use these powers. Some, like Walt, do not. I prefer to see their ''powers'' or ''curses'' as fantastic, metaphorical expressions of their character issues. BOTTOM LINE: I'd always take more info on the matter — but I don't feel like I need further resolution of Walt.

Norsefire
05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Remember when Walt was studing birds or something and the one hit the window? That was something, which then lead through to a deleted scene where it showed you the room where the others were keeping Walt and outside his room was lots of dead birds.

So I think they had ideas of where to take it all, but they just didn't continue with it.

I recently found out that Illana was planned to be Jacob's daughter, but there wasn't enough time to develop the story and that detail was dropped. I guess that is also why she got blown up, she wasn't needed.

The Empirical Guy
05-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah, that's it, he's just "special" and in a show like LOST where there's all kinds of supernatural occurrences going on anyway (like mediums, the "heart" of the island, Jacob and MiB's powers etc), "special" doesn't necessarily need an explanation as such. However, given that it seemed to be used as a very specific word, and used for other key characters also, I had wondered if it would be brought in to some point in the ending as it was for Locke and Desmond.

That's why I'm not too caught up in conspiracy theories for it. I watched the whole thing and took what I needed to from it. I've seen some people still trying to work stuff out after the finale, as if there's still more to dig in to and reveal, but they're never gonna get answers because it's over. The 'canon' of the show is finished, so anything else that they come up with is only ever going to be guesses and theories, not answers. I thought the final was a nice way to end it all, there could be a few different ways to interpret it (meaning the revelation Jack receives from Christian in the funeral home), but I don't see how any of them dramatically alter the meaning of the whole thing, so it's all good in my mind.

BTW, the final ending shot, ending just as it started, was so epic. I love shit like that.

MArshall
05-29-2010, 07:19 AM
WTF i was lost after season one, i just saw the last episode they made-. HUH?? WTF. im totally lost again. i hate this damn show, im confused O_O

The Empirical Guy
06-01-2010, 06:38 AM
If you haven't been keeping up since season 1 and just saw the last one, of course you would be confused! You missed whole seasons!

Norsefire
06-02-2010, 07:27 AM
but they're never gonna get answers because it's over.

Season 6 box sets and I think the 1-6 box sets are supposed to have more footage for the finale. lol, but yeah I doubt it will be any answers, but I heard its got something to do with Hurley and Ben on the island, what happened after.

I guess the only thing that annoyed me was the outrigger scene in season 5, when they are sailing along and then one comes up in the distance and they start shooting out our outrigger, so Juliet shoots back but then the island flashes in time.
So who was in that out rigger, I always thought it would be cool if Juliet shot a future Sawyer. And I think they had plenty of chance to slip a scene in season 6, since they used the outriggers again, but the writers choose not to go there and answer that scene.

The Empirical Guy
06-20-2010, 04:48 AM
huh, yeah, I'd forgotten about that. It would have been cool if they did. Maybe they intended to, who knows how much stuff is sitting on the cutting room floor.

LONG TERM EDIT: Having got the boxed set, yeah, it was good to see that Walt was involved in the end, so in a way it was all addressed, in that his being "special" made him the one to finally replace Jacob. I like that Ben made a point of again using the word "special" in that scene.

There was also a deleted scene from an earlier season in the box set (season 3?) where you saw some of the situation he caused amongst the Others when they had him, so I guess it was something they had looked at exploring, but there's only so much you can do in 40-minute episodes.

Jakob Synn
10-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Season 6 box sets and I think the 1-6 box sets are supposed to have more footage for the finale. lol, but yeah I doubt it will be any answers, but I heard its got something to do with Hurley and Ben on the island, what happened after..

It's pretty lame. I was sorely dissappointed.

I ended up buying the Lost series in it's entirity on blu-ray the day it came out. It's great, the packaging is amazing.

It comes in the stone with the game that Jakob and the Man in Black played with black and white stones, a letter from the black rock and a little Mecury symbol thing that Jakob gave to Hurley.

I started watching it from the begining again, and I must say that blu-ray is the way to experience this show. It's fucking amazing.

I started watching in August and I'm not at the middle of season 5.

Though something I thought of just after watching a few episodes in season 5 and it made me wonder.

Is Ben immortal like Richard is??

Remember when Kate and Sawyer brought him as a child to get help and Richard said he would never be the same and he would always be one of them. There's also other references from Richard referring to Ben like he was special and so on. It just made me wonder because Ben never died.

If I remember correctly Ben told Hurley he'd wait outside the church while everyone was getting together in the church for the last episode.

It made me wonder if Ben is immortal like Richard.

SatanBakesale
06-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Cant seem to find a specific thread on LOST.
Finally got around to watching this gem. I enjoyed every little moment of it, yes even its un-epic ending. I never got why people complained about unanswered questions. There is virtually no unanswered questions. Cant say I agree on the direction the plot went however. I expected Walt to be a HUGE part of the plot. But the damn writers didn't want to develop his character due to the actor going through puberty. :( LOST is by far my favorite show right in top of Breaking Bad. I also fancy Manson s fandom with the show. Would have been cool for some references or somethin on BV. And what ever happened to Naveen Andrews and his envelopment? Thoughts? Questions? discusssssssssssssssss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrcF7dYADsw

kleiner352
06-20-2012, 01:15 AM
The ending made me genuinely sad inside for a few weeks, no shit. Really, it was that bad in my opinion.

Character wise I adored the show. Story-wise it was lots of "let's keep introducing new things we'll never explain". After the second or maybe third season is where it just jumped the shark and stopped caring, when you knew, none of these things will get decent explanations, don't expect any.

John Locke, Ben, and Desmond were my favorite characters.

Norsefire
06-20-2012, 04:50 AM
I think most was explained and I liked the ending. LOST was always about these characters and mainly Jack and I liked how it ended for him.