http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrD3pzIH4o

Yay.

Dronepool
03-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Can't wait <3

Jakob Synn
03-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Sweet! Can't wait.

Can't really tell what the episode is about or if it's parodying anything, but I'm sure it will be good.

Norsefire
03-13-2010, 05:55 AM
Sweet!

Procrastinator
04-02-2010, 05:46 AM
I anticipated season 14 for a long time and after I saw the first episode I was a bit disappointed, but The Tale Of Scrotie McBoogerballs and Medicinal Fried Chicken are hilarious, especially the latter. Made my day. :)

Jakob Synn
04-02-2010, 12:33 PM
The recent episode was nice but I felt was kind of lame. The best thing was the music they played over Randy and his friends bouncing on their balls to get where they wanted to.

Dronepool
04-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I loved the last episode.

cyborg assassin
04-04-2010, 01:28 PM
The last episode was hilarious.

Jakob Synn
04-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I loved the last episode.

That's because you're a pothead

Dronepool
04-04-2010, 01:48 PM
That's because you're a pothead

True but wasn't Cartman cutting and sniffing the chicken skin funny? The running Scarface gag was funny.

Jakob Synn
04-04-2010, 02:14 PM
True but wasn't Cartman cutting and sniffing the chicken skin funny? The running Scarface gag was funny.

Yeah, I noticed that. I thought it was making fun of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovMpapeCJQ

Sorry, I don't know how to post YouTube clips properly on this site :(

Dronepool
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I thought of that play as well while watching it. You think they'd mock that so fast? It just appeared a few days ago before the episode aired.

Jakob Synn
04-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I thought of that play as well while watching it. You think they'd mock that so fast? It just appeared a few days ago before the episode aired.

I've watched many commentaries where they admit to writing an episode a day before it aired, so I wouldn't put it pass them.

Shangri-LIE
04-12-2010, 10:33 AM
I don't know why it took me so long to realize that Randy Marsh was my favorite character.

"In that hour the vag frogs begin and the scent off Scrotie's infected anus becomes its strongest"

04-16-2010, 04:39 PM
The new episode tonight with the celebrities was brilliant. One of the best episodes they have made in my opinion

Norsefire
04-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I seriously need to catch up on this, I might watch some tonight.

21Faces
04-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Episode 201. Seriously, what the fuck. Matt and Trey should upload the original cut to Demonoid. Nobody watch Comedy Central anymore, really. They are enemies of culture every bit as much as the fanatics they empower through their gutlessness.

S.D.
11-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I just got done watching the most recent three episodes of this season back-to-back, the "Mysterion" trilogy. I thought it was pretty fucking cool actually. It's odd how they are sort-of messing around with the characters histories like...

Kyle is a Jersey Boy, Cartman is Scott Tenorman's brother, there is more elaboration on why Kenny can't die, etc.

It's like they know it's essentially always been a nonsense cartoon, but there are attempts to do something cool with the characters even though they have established stories and traits. It's similar to when they did the child molestation Chef story, you realised how basically all the characters are mental anyway, so altering them isn't like blasphemy or anything, it's just a comedy show.
I also thought Insheeption was awesome, I've not seen Inception yet, but it's not like you need to in order to get the episode. The bit in Mackey's office was the funniest...
So yeah, has anyone else been keeping up with this series? The tone and episode style is definitely following on well from seasons 12 and 13, and there is some interesting new styles and use of minor characters, I'm loving it!

Norsefire
11-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I need to catch up on this. From what you said in the spoiler, I've seen at least one of the episodes.

S.D.
11-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Did you watch the first half of the season, like episodes 1-7 (or however they order it)? I forget to check them out sometimes because of the way it's updated, I was watching regularly through the first half, but the second lot caught me unawares and so I watched them pretty much in one go. There's still the final episode to come next week, so I'll make sure to watch that straight away, but I generally watch a lot of back episodes when I'm relaxing or working on the site anyway, so I don't mind checking them late. I think for me the highlights have definitely been Medicinal Fried Chicken, You Have 0 Friends, Crippled Summer and Insheeption.

It is strange though, some of these episodes you get the feeling Stone and Parker are trying to wrap-up South Park, and others it just feels like things are moving along as normal. It's been a couple of years since I checked what their plans were for anything, though I do remember reading they wanted to do another film soon (not South Park related).

To be honest with you I think it's just as funny now as it's ever been, and more so in some places, so I hope it goes on and on for as long as it still remains so.

Norsefire
11-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I find the airing dates really weird so I loose track with it. So I just do one big catch up either online, or when the DVD's come out.

Yeah I don't know how much longer they plan to make South Park... but it seems to still be popular. Another movie would be awesome!

Dronepool
11-12-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm loving it. Mysterion FTW.

Mexicanfiend
11-21-2010, 01:47 PM
I feel that, now that is over, season 14 delivered some great episodes that will become classics. I personally enjoyed Insheeption (altough I haven't seen the Inception movie, either), Medicinal Fried Chicken, Misterion trilogy and Crippled summer. 200 and 201 would have been a lot better without all the censorship surrounding them but, oh well!! hopefully soon they'll appear on the internet without all the bleeps and censored images.

The last one, however (creme fraiche) was a let down to me. I didn't find it that funny, I actually felt it a little too forced and rushed. And yes, I've perceived that during this season a lot of things were revealed from the main characters, like why Kenny can't die, who's the real father of Eric, where does Kyle technically belongs to, etc. And I don't know why -better said, I'm not sure why- I feel this is a kinf of farewell-preparation. Hopefully not, but something tells me that season 15 might present the end of the series. I hope I am wrong.

Norsefire
11-25-2010, 07:43 AM
I watched Insheeption last night, made me laugh. Inception is sort of a cool film, worth checking out, but you pretty much got the idea of what the film is about through this episode. LMAO.

11-25-2010, 05:10 PM
the final episode creme fraische was the best of the series

S.D.
11-25-2010, 05:40 PM
200 and 201 would have been a lot better without all the censorship surrounding them but, oh well!! hopefully soon they'll appear on the internet without all the bleeps and censored images.
It was actually pretty hard to tell, but I sort of got the impression that was deliberate, as in it was all bleeped out to parody censorship. Couldn't be certain though.

And yes, I've perceived that during this season a lot of things were revealed from the main characters, like why Kenny can't die, who's the real father of Eric, where does Kyle technically belongs to, etc. And I don't know why -better said, I'm not sure why- I feel this is a kinf of farewell-preparation. Hopefully not, but something tells me that season 15 might present the end of the series.
I also hope this is not the case, the big two; South Park and Family Guy need to be there to stir the shit I think. South Park obviously does it impeccably more often than not, Stone and Parker are definitely the undisputed kings of subversive animation humour at this point, despite Family Guy maybe being more widely popular. But in either case I hope they stick around and piss people off for a long time, the comedy is still fresh and relevant.

I watched Insheeption last night, made me laugh. Inception is sort of a cool film, worth checking out, but you pretty much got the idea of what the film is about through this episode. LMAO.
"Don't you touch that! That's not something to throw away! If you throw that away I will rape you in the mouth m'kay!? I will rape you in your f**king mouth m'kay!?"

The last one, however (creme fraiche) was a let down to me. I didn't find it that funny, I actually felt it a little too forced and rushed.

the final episode creme fraische was the best of the series
This is interesting, two opposing opinions, and I don't agree or disagree with either. I actually thought the story was funny, but not mind-blowingly so, there were better examples of that throughout this series. Crème Fraiche has the feel of a few earlier series, it wouldn't have been out of place between seasons seven-ten, and I quite liked the fact that it was a more straightforward South Park after The Coon trilogy.

The show is definitely not aging badly or showing signs of being shitty at any stage, I would even go so far to say it is getting far funnier now than it has been before.

11-25-2010, 06:07 PM
The story line for me didn't stand out, but every scene involving the shake and weight made me lauge so much. I was with several friends whilst watching the episode, which made it seem even funnier

S.D.
05-05-2011, 05:34 AM
There might be some mild spoilers in this post, so don't read too far into it if you haven't begun watching yet.

I'm holed up sick in bed, and I started checking out the new fifteenth season, which started with The Human Centipad. I think Apple is gay as all fuck and I have never been able to get on with their products, so I found the episode funny. It was kind of messed up seeing Kyle as part of the Centipad, but it's South Park, not to be taken seriously.
I presume they're doing two-halves of the season as per usual now, but I'm not sure as I don't always read the press reports. Regardless, I'll be tuning in each week as they air, or when they're uploaded online, South Park is still one of my favourite TV shows of all time, and an ever-present fixture in my viewing schedules, so I'm glad it's still doing well and amusing me more than anything else.

I watched Creme Fraische with friends again the other night also, as well as a couple of other episodes I had only seen once or twice, and it was a lot funnier on repeat viewing - "Here is some cab fare".
I wouldn't be surprised if there's an Bin Laden-themed episode, or at very least some comment or other in the next few stories on it, but they might be shrewd enough to know that things like that and Charlie Sheen make themselves look retarded enough on their own these days, so we'll see.

Norsefire
05-05-2011, 05:53 AM
I thought the Human CentiPad was great, I really loved Cartman and the whole issue of his mum fucking him lol.
There was a new episode on last night I think, I'm just off to check that out right now.

Mexicanfiend
05-14-2011, 08:51 PM
So far, so good. The human centipad was funny as hell, and thew other 2 episodes (the comedy awards and royal pudding) were great as well. I have the feeling that the "tooth decay" villain portrayed in the last one is a metaphore to what the death of Osama Bin Laden symbolizes: the fear to a monster whose face (terrorism) is quite unclear and hard to fight against.

Jakob Synn
05-15-2011, 03:21 AM
I have the feeling that the "tooth decay" villain portrayed in the last one is a metaphore to what the death of Osama Bin Laden symbolizes: the fear to a monster whose face (terrorism) is quite unclear and hard to fight against.

I totally saw that as well though I just wish that Matt/Trey made Mackey say that it was 9 years ago his dad died of tooth decay to make the reference more obvious.

So far with this season I've been dissapointed. I liked HumancentiPAD, but Funnybot and Royal Pudding did not live up to expectations.

It makes me think they're just phoning it in right now because they've been focusing on their play, Book of Mormon, during the whole summer and during their writers retreat. (Anyone who listens to SP commentary will know what I'm talking about with the writers retreat comment)

Shangri-LIE
05-15-2011, 06:39 AM
J J Jimmy Vv Valmer

06-11-2011, 06:01 PM
The mid season finale, you're getting old. How are people taking this? Are Trey and Matt getting tired and strained with the show, and was this episode showing that this is the beginning of the end for south park? Or is it showing that some fresh starts might breathe new life into the show? I think this was my favourite ep of the season so far

Christina
06-11-2011, 08:38 PM
It was my favorite so far. I think I like this one so much cause I can relate!

I too suffer from being a cynical asshole.

Mexicanfiend
06-13-2011, 03:33 PM
The mid season finale, you're getting old. How are people taking this? Are Trey and Matt getting tired and strained with the show, and was this episode showing that this is the beginning of the end for south park? Or is it showing that some fresh starts might breathe new life into the show? I think this was my favourite ep of the season so far

I think I said it here earlier, but since season 14th. I've felt something similar to what you express, Dave. It seems like closures and answers keep coming up (now we know who is -better said, was- the real father of Eric, why Kenny can't die, Kyle's real origin and who is really behind 'City Wok'). Now, with the 'Book of Mormon' at its peak, it wouldn't be a surprise if Matt and Trey begin to look for new horizons to conquer so, I guess we might be witnessing the beginning of the end for one of the best cartoon series ever made (yes, I never liked the simpsons).

06-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Me and my friends were talking, If it was the beginning of the end, they could still end on a high, and thats something a lot of shows can't claim (that have been around for 7 seasons plus...) Though one thing I feel is that south parks movie came out way too soon. It's great, but I think right now if they were to make a second movie it would be so much better.

Unfortunately for the simpsons, their movie came out way too late

Dope Box
06-16-2011, 04:58 AM
As far as I'm concerned, this season has been awesome! My favorite episodes were Royal Pudding, TMI, Crack Baby Athletic Association and City Sushi. All of these were made of total awesome imo. And that is 4 out of 6 episodes that I have watched. Royal Pudding was just so damn funny in some parts, with the whole commentary over the wedding and all. Especially, "as is tradition" thing! Crack Baby Athletic Association was teh shizzle, with Cartman mindfucking everyone, which is something he's just great at. The Kyle being an accountant and all. Funny shit. And then City Sushi. Awefuckinsome and some more! What with the two Asian men fighthing scenes and then the split personality stuff with Butters. Pretty funny or what? I thought it was funny as hell..

S.D.
06-16-2011, 05:19 AM
This series has been good so far, I felt parts of Funnybot and City Sushi were a little stretched for humour (moreso in the former's case), but it's not a big issue or anything.

Regarding whether the team are about to call it quits, it's hard to say. Sometimes I think they just like throwing shit at fans to see if they'll tolerate it, altering or adding to character histories and changing fundamental parts of their personalities etc. But then again, they've been doing that since the early days; it's funny seeing all the Wendy episodes more recently where she's like the voice of democracy, but in the first series she had the Iraqis fly a substitute teacher into the Sun...
Things have never been exactly stable with South Park characters, and they're always up for alteration of some sort.

The Marsh family separation seems more permanent though, Randy's general buffoonery (I fucking love Randy) has to have taken a toll over the years, though I am not sure they'll leave it with Cartman and Kyle being friends, or Stan thinking everything is shitty. It's funny how the basis of their separation was repetition, because even with it being a surprise, there was still echoes of stories like Crème Fraiche and Raisins.

Like anything with this show, you really never know where they'll take it, or how extreme it will get, but I still think the storytelling is great and the overall episodes have moments of hilarity. Looking forward to seeing where this season takes things.

Cringeon
06-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Matt and Trey were on the Daily Show last night and Jon Stewart brought up the most recent episode and asked if they were done. They basically just said that did that episode on a whim and it's not really a deep reflection of how they feel about the show. They aren't sure what they'll do next (they are on break for the summer now), but they said they very much are still about South Park so that's a good thing.

Mexicanfiend
06-16-2011, 08:33 AM
The Marsh family separation seems more permanent though, Randy's general buffoonery (I fucking love Randy) has to have taken a toll over the years, though I am not sure they'll leave it with Cartman and Kyle being friends, or Stan thinking everything is shitty. It's funny how the basis of their separation was repetition, because even with it being a surprise, there was still echoes of stories like Crème Fraiche and Raisins.

Now that you mention it, this is not the first time Sharon and Randy get seprated. There's this episode (I can't remember the name or the season right now) in which they go apart, Sharon finds a new "person" who tries to "befriend" Stan, all this while he's in a Rush to build a tree house, so he can kiss Wendy. The part in which Randy appears at the party on Eric and Kenny's tree house is just astonishing.

Norsefire
06-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Now that you mention it, this is not the first time Sharon and Randy get seprated. There's this episode (I can't remember the name or the season right now) in which they go apart, Sharon finds a new "person" who tries to "befriend" Stan, all this while he's in a Rush to build a tree house, so he can kiss Wendy. The part in which Randy appears at the party on Eric and Kenny's tree house is just astonishing.

lol I love that episode, I think it's quite an early one. I still think the earlier seasons are the best, but I still enjoy SP right now too.

Dope Box
06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
That was season 2. "Clubhouses".

S.D.
06-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah, the relationship between Sharon and Randy has always come off as functional, or for the children's benefit. Even way back in Series Three with Spontaneous Combustion Randy was making it clear he wanted more than what he has in South Park, episodes like Something You Can Do With Your Finger, Make Love Not Warcraft, and Guitar Queer-O also helped to demonstrate this before the most recent episode, he's a classic mid-life crisis character. I mean he's funny as fuck, let's not attribute too much psychology, but yeah, I think this more recent separation was inevitable.

Thanks for that interview information Cringeon, much as I'd respect their decisions to move on if they wanted to, I'm genuinely happy that South Park's got no plans to call it quits, it's generally my favourite comedy show on television, if not of the last ten-fifteen years.

10-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Bass to mouth. New levels of complete ridiculousness for south park, but one of my favourite episodes

adamchabbi6
10-21-2011, 07:43 PM
The passion of the jew, Korn's groovy pirate ghost mystery, cat orgy, sexual harassment panda, fat camp, casa bonita, up the down steroid and Le petit tourette. Those episodes would have to be my top favorites but it can be hard picking your best episodes, since a lot of the South Park series are funny as hell. South Park: bigger, longer and uncut is hilarious as well.

ThreeEyedGod
10-25-2011, 08:50 AM
not sure of the actual title....but the Awesome-O is hands down my favorite episode

Enigma
10-25-2011, 10:41 AM
I agree with all of you here, South Park has to be one of the best tv series ever. It's not for everyone, sure, but inside that aggressive and corrosive humor I have seen the most intelligent and mature thoughts about nowadays society.

Procrastinator
03-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Loving Season 16 so far! Reverse Cowgirl was hilarious; this has to be my favourite bit:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/410445/mind-if-i-touch-your-balls-sir

Terrapin
03-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Love both of the episodes so far this season. Cash For Gold put out a great message and had me laughing all throughout.

With songs such as this, I wish life came complete with theme music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZHHf1OQG7Y

03-25-2012, 01:23 PM
I didn't enjoy Cash for Gold so much

The Ghoul
03-25-2012, 05:53 PM
I didn't laughmuch during Cash for Gold. It wasn't a funny episode, but I enjoyed it.

Jakob Synn
03-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Faith Hilling was easily the best episode of the season by far.

Not only was it funny as hell, but it made fun of something very popular at the time and took a jab at the current political scene during the episode.

It also made me tear up and cry because the main cat that said "Old long johnson" looked a lot like my cat just before he died. The moans even sounded nearly the same and my cats were dilated like his were and it reminded me of my cat who died in last August.

Though it was an incredible episode that I loved because it made fun of something that I dislike so much. And it's true.... How long ago did 'planking' become big. like a year ago, maybe a year and a half, then it morphed into 'owling' then 'Tebowing' and when 'Tebowing' started the media couldn't stop with it.

Norsefire
04-01-2012, 09:31 AM
I think Reverse Cowgirl is one of the funniest South Park episodes ever! It's so fucking funny, death on the toilet and then the TSA touching people up, it's brilliant!

Terrapin
04-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Shows where opinions differ, I thought "Cash For Gold" was insanely funny the entire episode. Everything this season has been top notch.

I'd like to think that the message at the end of "Faith Hilling" was a jab at South Park fans, actually. Was a good one.

Lucille
04-01-2012, 08:00 PM
This season has been entirely golden so far. I love the first two episodes the most, but the third one was pretty well done too. I'm excited for the rest! :D

Dope Box
04-02-2012, 05:32 AM
I didn't like Reverse Cowgirl that much. Faith Hillin' was awesome. Laughed the whole time. Still need to check out Cash for Gold.

Jakob Synn
04-02-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd like to think that the message at the end of "Faith Hilling" was a jab at South Park fans, actually. Was a good one.

I'm pretty sure they were taking a jab at all the Republican debates that have happened over the past few months. I mean, they've had all these debates and still haven't picked someone to lead them against Obama.

But... Anyways...

Reverse Cowgirl - Dissapointing
Cash For Gold - Great but not that great
Faith Hilling - Gold!! Pure gold!

04-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Faith hilling was brilliant. I was watching wrestlemania, and one fan in the crowd noticed he was being filmed and began Faith Hilling lol

Terrapin
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure they were taking a jab at all the Republican debates that have happened over the past few months. I mean, they've had all these debates and still haven't picked someone to lead them against Obama.

But... Anyways...

"And so in the face of war, a little boy reminds us all what being human really means. The message... is unclear. But it doesn't matter. As long as you give the audience a song, celebrity bashing, and Republican hopefuls dancing around with boobies. It's called pandering." *hit by a train*

^That doesn't sound at all what you are talking about. The "pandering" part could be multiple things, such as all politicians pandering to the voters or entertainment in general pandering to their respective audience. It really makes no difference. I saw it somewhat as a jab at the South Park fans who try demanding a certain thing out of the show, but this idea can be coupled with all kinds of pandering. Further provides the genius that is South Park.

04-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Butterballs was amazing. Possibly the most I have ever laughed at an episode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ADIUxqvzw

Norsefire
04-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm watching it now, Cartman in that bullying song video is so damn funny.

04-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Vajay-jay

21Faces
04-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Gummy bears are just ruined for me now. Ruined.

SysteMM
04-16-2012, 05:26 AM
This new season is as funny as child molesting.

Terrapin
04-16-2012, 09:51 AM
^Good thing I find child molestation to be downright hilarious. Thanks, South Park.

I still need to check out last Wednesday's episode. I'm usually not this far behind.

MurderCuteRape
04-16-2012, 02:40 PM
So I enjoy child molestation then~

Dope Box
04-19-2012, 09:12 AM
The new episode is sort of amusing. I personally feel SP has started going just a little downhill this season, as far as the laughs are concerned. They are still clever though.

21Faces
04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I thought this was the best episode of the whole season so far. I found myself continuously laughing throughout the whole thing. The herpes was gross, lol.

Mugwump
04-19-2012, 06:03 PM
I didn't think any of the new episodes were very funny.

Dronepool
04-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I rarely say this about South Park because there's only like 10 episodes that are really corny/boring but yesterdays episode SUCKED. I had no idea what show they were mocking and the only amusing thing was the 'live actors' part.

So far it's been a very mediocre season.

Terrapin
04-28-2012, 07:45 AM
"Cartman Finds Love" was ace. Could not stop laughing. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5BjhiJ3AjE

DominikT88
04-28-2012, 09:32 AM
south park is bad for you... You should never try those things at home lol :P

Mugwump
04-28-2012, 09:04 PM
This recent one was good.

10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
New series? Great start so far I think. The bane scenes in the latest episode were brilliant

Cringeon
10-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Raising the Bar was excellent, and the Insecurity had some great moments. I love SP, but there was a period where the writing I thought really tired, but so far the new season is awesome.

sayyosin
10-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Raising the Bar was hilarious. The Bane scenes in the Insecurity episode were pretty awesome too. Poor UPS guy, lol.

Celebrity Killing Spree
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
The Shining parody had me in stitches.

I do think the show passed it's prime a few years ago though. They do come up with a few really good ones per season but its becoming more and more inconsistent.

kalim123
10-30-2012, 07:19 AM
The best part about the blockbuster episode was when jimmy was like "opp-..opp-opp-opp..oppan gangnam style"

Terrapin
11-08-2012, 09:08 AM
South Park "Obama Wins" was fucking brilliant. Fantastic season finale. They even released the title of Wednesday's episode on Monday, which was even more awesome.

Providing the election results for a tight race, satirizing the swing state paranoia, and incorporating the Disney buyout of Star Was was pure gold. They brought back some old favorites in this one as well, such as Mickey and the duck that quacks shit. Then of course we have the warm nuts, the Hummer guy, General Tso's chicken, and poisoning Butters with almonds. It was a very strong episode.

There was some mediocre episodes this season mixed in with brilliant ones. Great season overall.

Mexicanfiend
11-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Great way to close season 16. As some have already said, the last 2 seasons have been a mix between epicness and mediocrity. Still, "The last of the meheecans" is my favorite episode from the last couple of years, hands down.

Halo Infinity
10-31-2013, 02:52 PM
How's season 17 holding up for you so far? I almost to my surprise forgot about South Park, and have been missing episodes due to this being their longest hiatus ever, and them actually failing to produce an episode on time in South Park history last week due to a power outage. I think it's actually been doing fine so far.

The only episode of this run that I wasn't really getting into was World War Zimmerman, and I'll be checking out Taming Strange on South Park Studios a little later. I'm not sure if the actual URL to South Park Studios was post yet either, so I just thought I'd post it here too. It's really been so long since I've been here, let alone this thread, and it's almost been one year without it getting bumped... until now. =P

http://www.southparkstudios.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_(season_17)

SmellsLikeDope
11-09-2013, 11:39 AM
The latest season has been awful so far. The last episode was kind of funny in parts but overall, it's been the weakest South Park episodes I've ever seen, and I've seen every episode.

Shangri-LIE
11-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I am actually really enjoying the new season. When you take into account how many seasons it's spanned and they aren't running thin on ideas is pretty impressive. I really enjoyed "Informative Murder Porn". I thought it was disturbingly accurate and they keep taking the episodes to a more graphic peak. I mean, at one point in the episode, a young childs mother was carted out with a knife in her eye, the child screamed in utter horror and then the cops put the blanket over his face. That was a gem right there.

Cringeon
11-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I dig this season too, only one that I didn't think was that good was the WWZ rip. I think Murder Porn for what Shangs said, and also Goth kids for the Poe bit. Loved it.

Homeostasis
11-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Entire seasons of South Park have been hit or miss for the past decade now. The show was downright unbearable from 2004-2008 (Imaginationland trilogy aside), then seemed to be perking back up these past few years. What I've seen of this series so far: it's probably a new low. Episodes are too bloated; with lots of random ideas thrown into the pot just for the hell of it, but those ideas are never really fully developed. That might have something to do the fact that there's a ridiculous number of people working on the show this season. I noticed the closing credits of that Edgar Allen Poe/Goth Kids episode listed at least 15 different staff writers.

And what's up with the shit new opening titles? They really should scrap that mess of a theme song.

Halo Infinity
11-13-2013, 07:57 PM
I actually miss the old theme song, and am most likely convinced that it's their procrastination that has become a detriment to the show. I suppose old habits die hard though, since Trey Parker has openly admitted that he was procrastinating ever since he was in high school and perceived his approach to procrastination as genius, creative, and innovative. I forgot where the exact interview was though, but it certainly goes to show that procrastination can obviously water anything down. =P

Homeostasis
11-14-2013, 06:46 PM
I actually miss the old theme song, and am most likely convinced that it's their procrastination that has become a detriment to the show. I suppose old habits die hard though, since Trey Parker has openly admitted that he was procrastinating ever since he was in high school and perceived his approach to procrastination as genius, creative, and innovative. I forgot where the exact interview was though, but it certainly goes to show that procrastination can obviously water anything down. =P

Procrastination? That's probably it. Instead of creating a new theme song back in 2002, they've simply been adding random bits to that opening song since 2002, resulting in the mess we're listening to now. The opening theme song is the perfect metaphor for the show as a whole.

As decent as the show can be from time to time, there's no doubting that, at this point, Trey Parker is the new Matt Groening. He really doesn't give a crap if the show is any good or not. He just wants to keep going and going - for the money - regardless of if the show is any good or not.

Really, if anyone still likes this current incarnation of the show... you're either a 14 year old dickhead who doesn't know any better, or a complete moron.

Lucille
11-14-2013, 08:00 PM
I made peace with the fact that the show was never going to be as good as the first 4 seasons a long time ago. Now I treat it just as weekly junk food for the mind. I couldn't imagine watching any of the new episodes more than once. Occasionally there have been good seasons here and there, with some pretty good episodes, but it just lacks a certain charm. Maybe it's just nostalgia on my end, who knows.

Cringeon
11-14-2013, 08:01 PM
For a penis to be non threatening, it must be either gay or flacid lol

11-15-2013, 10:32 AM
As a stand alone series, this one has been decent so far, but I don't want to compare it to previous series. The goth kids episode was my favorite so far.

Halo Infinity
11-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Procrastination? That's probably it. Instead of creating a new theme song back in 2002, they've simply been adding random bits to that opening song since 2002, resulting in the mess we're listening to now. The opening theme song is the perfect metaphor for the show as a whole.
When I was looking for the actual interview, I found this, just to show you that I'm for real. (Not that you doubted me, but it's where Trey Parker admitted to having that "last minute" approach to most, if not all of the episodes he's ever done with Matt Stone. Matt Stone seems to just go along with it, and has been used to it for quite some time.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOc1CLrcTU8

S.D.
11-16-2013, 07:04 AM
I guess I'd better renew my Complete Moron membership card, because I've enjoyed nearly every series of South Park since it originally aired. If you run a show with fifteen or so episodes a year for seventeen years, there's occasionally going to be some Shark-Jumpers, but overall, South Park has always done what it says on the tin, which is to be surreal and asinine, whilst also managing to address sociological matters in an offhand way now-and-again. Seriously though, episodes like Jakovasaurs, Fourth Grade or Here Comes The Neighbourhood are no different from Dances With Smurfs, Crippled Summer, Royal Pudding or Cash For Gold, it's all relative.

The main difference is that after it was on air for five or so years, Stone and Parker seemed to realise they needed to expand the characters a bit more, and develop the interaction between the four boys further than "Fatass!", and "They killed Kenny, you bastards". When it started a lot of the humour was based on in-jokes and implied humour, the whole Malcolm McDowell sat by the fireside, and trying to make Pip watchable schtick would've gotten stale quickly if they'd run with it. Since then the comedy has become more mature in delivery, but more disposable in content.
Generally, I think they do a good job of reflecting topical issues, but also being aware of their limitations, or seeming too preachy. They can do the whole You're Getting Old commentary on cynicism without making you too sympathetic to the characters, as they're all essentially assholes.

I've enjoyed the current series and the recent ones before it, Reverse Cowgirl, Raising The Bar and Goth Kids 3 are some of the funnier ones, but generally it's all good. And the new title sequence is fine, I may even prefer it to the re-hashed version that was running for so long.

Halo Infinity
11-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Out of all things, I forgot to ask the following. How has South Park Studios been doing outside of the USA? I've been mostly watching the new episodes on South Park Studios, and I kept hearing how it's like blocked in several locations outside of the USA.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/ - Is it working fine for you?

Homeostasis
11-16-2013, 07:08 PM
I guess I'd better renew my Complete Moron membership card, because I've enjoyed nearly every series of South Park since it originally aired. If you run a show with fifteen or so episodes a year for seventeen years, there's occasionally going to be some Shark-Jumpers, but overall, South Park has always done what it says on the tin, which is to be surreal and asinine, whilst also managing to address sociological matters in an offhand way now-and-again. Seriously though, episodes like Jakovasaurs, Fourth Grade or Here Comes The Neighbourhood are no different from Dances With Smurfs, Crippled Summer, Royal Pudding or Cash For Gold, it's all relative.

The main difference is that after it was on air for five or so years, Stone and Parker seemed to realise they needed to expand the characters a bit more, and develop the interaction between the four boys further than "Fatass!", and "They killed Kenny, you bastards". When it started a lot of the humour was based on in-jokes and implied humour, the whole Malcolm McDowell sat by the fireside, and trying to make Pip watchable schtick would've gotten stale quickly if they'd run with it. Since then the comedy has become more mature in delivery, but more disposable in content.
Generally, I think they do a good job of reflecting topical issues, but also being aware of their limitations, or seeming too preachy. They can do the whole You're Getting Old commentary on cynicism without making you too sympathetic to the characters, as they're all essentially assholes.

I've enjoyed the current series and the recent ones before it, Reverse Cowgirl, Raising The Bar and Goth Kids 3 are some of the funnier ones, but generally it's all good. And the new title sequence is fine, I may even prefer it to the re-hashed version that was running for so long.

That would've been a truly magnificent rebuttal, if only Trey Parker himself hadn't undermined everything you'd said. None of your points about overall progression and character development explain how Jimmy says a line and no longer stutters, or how Clyde says a line and sounds exactly like Stan, or how Isaac Hayes was basically cut out of the show in 2002, and how Trey Parker abused Isaac's quitting the show to throw a hissy fit in Scientology's direction with no artistic merit, but instead simply defamed his character (as a child abuser).

You can get as prissy as you want to, but it should be pretty damn obvious that Parker stopped giving a shit in 2002. The amount of praise this current series is getting is completely unwarranted. Half of this series isn't even gonna be relevant to anybody in a years time. South Park circa 1998-2002 is still funny today. South Park from 2003 onwards is funny for about 2 months after the original episode aired. There isn't a shred of a longevity: and shouldn't that be the ultimate goal for a show like this?

11-16-2013, 07:20 PM
The amount of praise this current series is getting is completely unwarranted. Half of this series isn't even gonna be relevant to anybody in a years time. South Park circa 1998-2002 is still funny today. South Park from 2003 onwards is funny for about 2 months after the original episode aired. There isn't a shred of a longevity: and shouldn't that be the ultimate goal for a show like this?

So if someone was very much enjoying this series, and were still to enjoy the episodes in a few years time, they would be wrong to do so?

Halo Infinity
11-16-2013, 07:25 PM
You can get as prissy as you want to, but it should be pretty damn obvious that Parker stopped giving a shit in 2002. The amount of praise this current series is getting is completely unwarranted. Half of this series isn't even gonna be relevant to anybody in a years time. South Park circa 1998-2002 is still funny today. South Park from 2003 onwards is funny for about 2 months after the original episode aired. There isn't a shred of a longevity: and shouldn't that be the ultimate goal for a show like this?
This is really a first to me. Most criticisms I've seen about South Park jumping the shark start somewhere at least around 2008-2010. Perhaps it just depends on which fans I'm around, obviously, and this is a forum, but still. That really is a first for me. I've also noticed that most former South Park fans perceive and embrace the seasons from 2003-2007 as gold/genius. Anyway, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, as I'm not the arguing type, and I'd also agree with you on 1998-2002 being great eras for South Park as well, especially with the nostalgia attached to them.

Mexicanfiend
11-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Out of all things, I forgot to ask the following. How has South Park Studios been doing outside of the USA? I've been mostly watching the new episodes on South Park Studios, and I kept hearing how it's like blocked in several locations outside of the USA.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/ - Is it working fine for you?

I've never had a problem to watch a new episode on the official site, they doesn't matter if I'm from México City. What I hate are the commercials though, now they put mexican adds beside the usual stupid USA ones.

And I strongly disagree with what Homeostasis said. I almost cried after I watched "The last of the meheecans"; That Jewpacabra episode was one of their funniest; the Goth Kids and Black Friday episodes are as good as "Major Boobage" or the "Imaginationland" trilogy... I can't see how those and many other post-2002 episodes will be irrelevant in a few years.

11-28-2013, 09:03 PM
The console wars saga on currently is great!

Halo Infinity
12-04-2013, 04:14 PM
-Copied and pasted from ETS.-

I'm actually wondering if there's going to be some sort of middle ground, or equal opportunity lambasting at the end the "PlayStation 4 versus XBox One" console wars. It really just sounds like something they'd do, so that's just a hunch I'm having for now. Oh yes, and just about any two or three part episodes of South Park were often a hit for me, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it. They've been among my favorite latest episodes for this season of now.

Oh, and to add to that, it sort of seems like they'd send out wiener dragons for this episode. It's just yet another hunch, as that also sounds like something they'd actually do too. That really would be something, although I wouldn't put it past Trey Parker and Matt Stone to actually do such a thing for a South Park episode.

Halo Infinity
12-05-2013, 07:33 AM
-Copied and pasted from ETS again. Sorry, as I visit both forums frequently anyway. I won't do this all the time.-

I suppose that I sort of knew that they wouldn't just let team XBox One simply obliterate team PlayStation 4 just like that. I also liked how they went all anime in it, for a couple minutes here and there. I also loved the "Garden of Betrayal" scenes, and what a way to promote The Stick of Truth at the end of the episode. =P

kalim123
12-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Princess Kenny is SLAYING me rn

Mexicanfiend
12-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Princess Kenny is SLAYING me rn

Speaking of princess Kenny... unless there's another Game Of Thrones reference within it (which I won't get since I've never read the book or watched the series), wasn't Kenny supposed to be the precocius kid who always thought of titties? I don't get it.

Lucille
12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Speaking of princess Kenny... unless there's another Game Of Thrones reference within it (which I won't get since I've never read the book or watched the series), wasn't Kenny supposed to be the precocius kid who always thought of titties? I don't get it.

I think Princess Kenny is suppose to be sort of like Daenerys Stormborn, the rightful ruler of Westeros. She's the one who has the dragons, and is basically raising an army far away to help her get the iron throne. But I think whatever point they were trying to get across (if any), kind of got lost. I think it was probably just supposed to be funny that Kenny of all people plays the role of the princess in the whole parody. I like how one of the mice (that usually just ends up eating Kenny) was like a dragon on his shoulder at the end of the first part. lol

They usually reserve the cross-dressing for Cartman, but I guess the role he had in the whole thing was more suited to him (the self serving betrayer).

S.D.
11-02-2015, 02:13 AM
Series Nineteen is killing it. I love how for about six years now, Parker and Stone have observed how much the world has changed since they started making South Park, but have managed to alter the format so that they are still able to savage social and political issues. This series' attacks on gentrification is spot on, and reflects both an American viewpoint and an international one.

Loving it so far.

EvilDead
11-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Series Nineteen is killing it. I love how for about six years now, Parker and Stone have observed how much the world has changed since they started making South Park, but have managed to alter the format so that they are still able to savage social and political issues. This series' attacks on gentrification is spot on, and reflects both an American viewpoint and an international one.

Loving it so far.

I agree..

I loved Tweek x Craig episode from last week and the new PC Principal is pretty funny.

Favorite song ever was on the yelp episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDlR_ccnZww

spaceSuicide
11-02-2015, 07:08 PM
I still love the entire series but I find stuff like season 18 a bit trite due to making and forcing each episode's stuff into a self aware season story arc. I prefer dumb little one off story episodes. The pop culture references for literally every episode are getting a bit streamlined. I know the show always did but not nearly the frequency it has now.

Dellamore
11-02-2015, 10:30 PM
This season is damn golden so far. The Safe Space episode especially.

Mexicanfiend
11-03-2015, 07:19 AM
Seasons 18 and the current 19th. one are amazing. They are renovating the surrounding, refreshing us with new caracters and situations that seems interconnected (sorry SpaceSuicide, here we disagree, I love that they dare to take the risk).

Seasons 15-17 were the weakest for my taste. Besides a few hidden jewels ("The last of the meheecans", "1%" or "Jewpacabra"), I felt that Trey and Matt were really into the "Book of mormon" production and most of the episodes from that time were made simply to deliver something. Glad to witness they're back and as stronger as always.

mr.svperstar13
11-03-2015, 03:17 PM
What a great season. I love their social commentary for the most part.

FeedYourHead
11-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Just started s19. The first episode was meh and I wasn't really sure where it was going, but the second one with Mr. Garrison as donald trump was great. I lost my shit when he said "sorry not sorry" and when caitlyn jenner was all disfigured and hitting people with her car.

FeedYourHead
11-03-2015, 03:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHA this gentrification episode. "Stewart, come on. Your house sucks." And the man buns! OH MY GOD THE MAN BUNS!

FeedYourHead
11-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Okay, I'm caught up now. I thought the yelp episode was meh because I feel like they made it into a bigger issue than it actually is. I've never heard of any establishment even acknowledging people writing yelp reviews except for the few absolutely scathing reviews that accuse businesses of sexual harassment or something. The safe space episode would have been a lot better if they didn't try to fit so many broad issues into it, like they should have just focused on fat shaming or fatlogic instead of making it about people being mean on the internet in general. Idk I think so far I heavily prefer season 18 to 19.

Ramm91
11-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Season 19 has been a little meh so far. 18 was much stronger. I don't see the need to try and connect the episodes together. I don't see how it benefits the show.

S.D.
07-23-2016, 04:41 AM
I was actually just watching part two of Go God Go, and saw news about this ident and video ready for the twentieth anniversary and series.

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/south-park-logo.jpg?w=756

Like some people, I wasn't initially sure what to make of series 19, because although implicit, it felt like a lot was changing and the show's format was starting to modernise to reflect a lot of current affairs. I actually think that's the smartest thing they could be doing right now, because let's face it, with the world how it is, you're going to need voices like South Park to occasionally rationalise, critique, and take the sting out of events that otherwise leave us gobsmacked.

There's also this retrospective trailer:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Y8f13WBAE&ab_channel=SouthParkStudios

Mexicanfiend
07-23-2016, 06:49 AM
^^ That ad was amazing. I hope this 20th. season is a blast.

S.D.
07-23-2016, 06:51 AM
I like how they compared themselves with a smoking-hot twenty-year-old.

spaceSuicide
07-23-2016, 03:30 PM
I dig the modern and pop culture references but definitely do NOT prefer it over original stories that don't deal with it 100%.

Cool ad. I can't wait.

Norsefire
07-24-2016, 12:19 PM
I love that promo video, it's so fucking perfectly done!

mr.svperstar13
09-15-2016, 09:10 PM
The new episode was really good. They're pretty much spot on with everything imo

spaceSuicide
09-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Episode was ok. I guess the show has become nothing more than pop culture satire every episode. It always had it but it never pummeled the plot to be it the entire time either. I still like the show, it's just vastly different than what I prefer from its past.

09-17-2016, 12:51 PM
I did enjoy the new episode. It was nailed on with its cultural references. I was kind of hoping for it to go back to one shot episodes, with maybe one saga per season like imaginationland or the ps4 v xbox etc. It has done pretty well last season, but I prefer the classic approach in the long term.