PDA

View Full Version : Theories of Time and Space (thoughts on a rainy day)

Ada Veen
03-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I was in a car the other day, on the passenger seat. It was showering outside the whole way and I was watching the streams of water make their paths on the surface of the window. And here’s what came to my mind. What if the time, our time as we experience it, is like a car that is moving relative to the other, external time, the one that we are not able to perceive, and this external time is like the air outside of the car…
And all our physical reality, including us, living creatures, is like the rain that’s pouring down on both of those Times. We are the raindrops smeared on the surface of Time, and the paths of our lives are defined by the frictional force created by the motion of the car (our Time) through the air (External time). Actually, I’m not sure that this particular effect is the result of a frictional force, but you get the idea… The raindrops on the side window of the car always move in the direction opposite to the one of the car’s. When a drop hits the surface it is the moment when we come in contact with our time and start experiencing the world as we know it, the beginning of our existence. When the drop slides off the surface it is the end of it. The drop might think that it creates its own path but in fact its motion is defined by external forces… which is not a new idea per say, but my theory suggests what those forces might be like...
And well, the god in this picture must be the driver, and he is *inside of Time*, he is moving with the speed of time as he drives it, therefore time doesn’t exist for him.

And this is the picture that illustrates the concept. Like, you look at it - and the structure of the universe immediately becomes clear for you :)
http://www.infarinato.com/IMAG0230.JPG

Shangri-LIE
03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Well, I am not going to go in too deep about spacetime, universal multiplexes, and all of the other dynamics that could be debated and theorized for all of eternity. But, first, I must say that, that was a rather soothing read. It sort of made me regress in my mind a little bit about when I was a kid and I used to love sitting in the quiet dark listening to thunderstorms.

As a firm believer in ESP, De Ja Vu, I can say that I do believe that to remain animate living beings, requires some sort of pre existing inertia, and a pre set "receptor" to move from Planck to Planck, so to speak. After all, we only really see time, and measure time in terms of how fast it takes light from one object to meet another object. It is already known in the scientific community that our universe came into existence when it already had an age of 10-43 seconds. So what existed before even the smallest increment of time that can exist, existed? The truth is that time and energy are finite, and have NO boundaries. Humans devloped the concept of "time" to explain events, and create a calender of order, and that is all.

Right now in the world, away from where you are, it is a different "time". It is already the time it is tomorrow, today, that it will be tomorrow for "us". This topic really facsinates me, to be honest. Just don't drive yourself insane after reading this, and start counting every nano second in your head saying *future, future, future, existing, existing, existing. I already do that, and it isn't fun. :)

S.Hal0mega.B
04-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I can time travel... watch this.

S.Hal0mega.B
04-18-2010, 06:06 PM
JEez... and im back and its 1:06am ?

How fast time moves... but seriously. Dont get me started on this subject. Time Travel is possible. Because the world around us entirely an illusion... for example - we have our general known senses that coincide with the small amount of which we use our brain. Those people with uncanny (the true) psychic visions of the future that do end up coming so have been tested to show parts of their brain that arent normally used - being used. So, if the world - its smells, colours, tastes, sights and feelings etc are all defined by our brain's interaction - our interaction - in however many centuries we will survive - if so - to accomplish it. I believe it's key resides in our minds.

Another example - bending the way our brains see reality - LSD. It has propeties that reside naturally in our adrenaline (spelling?)... these small propeties are exactly alike and every so often they release - thus with it perhaps man evolves his brain without himself being aware of it (see Bush) lol.

So that's where I begin.

But my theory is that - and this is on the basis of a book I'm working on - that the theory of AI resides not with us humans creating androids etc - but more or less the Blade Runner philosophy that the more we evolve to rely on computers and machines, changing our minds, the way we talk - our very perception and abilities to handle the world - thus eventually turns us into something aka a machine. I'm not sure how long it will take, but soon we will want to live longer - and thus with that will come our need to bio-electronic organs - and you can imagine where it goes from there.

The need to conform itself is a natural human instinct... the individual is dead.... all this citation about individuality and how precious it is true - but that's because our soul or perhaps our right brain (study its differences between the left brain's abilities) is being taken over by the left side... over the course of evolution.

Conformity is suvival of the fittest - aka the Blade runner scenario where no one quite knows who is human anymore. It will come... and I see the evidence of it everywhere... here i am, using the internet to talk where i would normally be saying this. The evidence can be found in the tiniest detail of everyday life.

I leave you with these quotes...

"And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing … a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods." - ALDOUS HUXLEY, 1955, on Psychological Totalitarianism

Most people love you for who you pretend to be. To keep their love, you keep pretending- performing. You get to love your pretense. It's true, we're locked in an image, an act- and the sad thing is, people get so used to their image, they grow attached to their masks. ....They love their chains. They forget all about who they really are. And if you try to remind them, they hate you for it, they feel like you're trying to steal their most precious possession" Jim Morrison -

these quotes cite my concern for the dying individual... and yet they ring of truth far deeper than I know.

The ideals of whether we can travel back or forth in time is always going to be up for debate until someone accomplishes it... and with so my speculation is that they will tear a hole in the fabric of our reality, unless we work out a way to travel through time via other dimensions, which are not really our reality... so in effect - we are only seeing all that could have been if other dimensions/realities are like the old school tv show "sliders".

You can see how this is endless and it is not my attempt to narrow anything but two facts down.

- The world is made up by our minds
- The Individual is dying or is already dead

Dawkins can shit on a stick when it comes to the book the Holographic Universe- look it up and read it - it's as remarkable a theory as Darwin's origin of the species ... but of course - every work has a flaw here and there... so don't bother to point them out - we're not perfect - its our drive to do so - to fit in - to make everything right - to conform - that justifies all of the above.

Tabris
07-27-2011, 06:26 AM
As a firm believer in ESP, De Ja Vu, I can say that I do believe that to remain animate living beings, requires some sort of pre existing inertia, and a pre set "receptor" to move from Planck to Planck, so to speak. After all, we only really see time, and measure time in terms of how fast it takes light from one object to meet another object. It is already known in the scientific community that our universe came into existence when it already had an age of 10-43 seconds. So what existed before even the smallest increment of time that can exist, existed? The truth is that time and energy are finite, and have NO boundaries. Humans devloped the concept of "time" to explain events, and create a calender of order, and that is all.

Right now in the world, away from where you are, it is a different "time". It is already the time it is tomorrow, today, that it will be tomorrow for "us". This topic really facsinates me, to be honest. Just don't drive yourself insane after reading this, and start counting every nano second in your head saying *future, future, future, existing, existing, existing. I already do that, and it isn't fun. :)

I'm really comfused about what you mean by to remain animate we need to have a pre existing inertia. From my understanding all physical objects have intertia, weather they are animate or not, and I'm not really sure what you are saying here, it's almost like saying to be living animate beings we require some sort of pre existing ability to radiate, or pre existing ability to be acted on by a force...

I'm not sure if I really agree with you on how we measure time, it being how long it takes for light to travel.. I mean if you think about it our idea of the length of a second, or hour, is based on circular geometry. I would think originating from how long it takes Earth to rotate and how long it takes for it to orbit. When we talk about special relativity the speed of light is used in calculations for time dialation, and we can use it to show how observers in motion relative to one another will measure different elapsed times for the same event, as the speed of light is a constant.

Scientists can map the universe back to 10^-37 seconds, but before this time the maths kinda falls apart and it is unknown what was happening, it isn't agreement that the universe came into existance with this age, it's agreement that it's all speculative and unknown because our maths doesn't work.

The last bit is a little bit small minded and not really thinking about the fact that we live on an globe, Time isn't different in another part of the world, the light hitting you from the sun is different so your time of day is different, it would be a bit odd if the world used 1 universal time and it was 8am at night time.
Time is a changeable thing though, it doesn't depend on your position on the planet, it depends on how fast you are moving. Infact if you are traveling really really fast time and space are moveable.. or dilateable.