PDA

View Full Version : XFM London Interview 2009

Norsefire
03-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I found this when searching the internet earlier tonight. I don't ever remember anyone posting it before, I hadn't heard it, I guess from the photo shown and the mention of the HMV signing it must of been done that afternoon or day after or something.

There isn't much to it, as the presenter explains it had to be edited a lot due to its content. Manson says some funny bits in there, and his end comment made me laugh.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2009/ian-camfield-meets-marilyn-manson

archdandydotcom
03-17-2010, 04:15 AM
awesome, thanks for posting!

Seven
03-17-2010, 05:14 AM
This is great, thanks for posting!

The Empirical Guy
03-18-2010, 02:25 AM
"It's not Stairway to Heaven, but I prefer escalators"

Really, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If he hadn't gone in to music, he could have been a comedian. Thanks for posting!

Norsefire
03-18-2010, 03:49 PM
"It's not Stairway to Heaven, but I prefer escalators"

Really, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If he hadn't gone in to music, he could have been a comedian. Thanks for posting!
Yeah there are some really funny parts in the interview, I'm going to transcribe it for our archive.

S.D.
03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
This sounds similar to the BBC Music session from June in some places, though I will say that I've heard/read Ian Camfield as an interviewer before, and friendly as he comes across, he also seems nervous sometimes. I'm not sure he has the same levels of confidence as some of his interview subjects, which would have potentially added to the atmosphere here, especially if Manson's playing hardball, which he clearly is in some places.
I don't really think he wanted to participate for The High End Of Low press, it might have been tough for a few journalists, but nevermind.

Fifteen
04-01-2010, 10:55 AM
First of all I hope that some day the not-broadcastable parts pull up somewhere. That would be fun.
Besides that, it was a little strange, but so were all the THEOL interviews. But despite all the craziness of this 'interview' I think there's something historical here! Manson always seemed to have the 'Marilyn Manson is about ME!' attitude and here he says that it's about him and Twiggy. Correct me if I'm wrong but I really think that's a turning point.

DecayingSinner
04-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I would love to hear this interview in its entirety.

Tinuviel
04-02-2010, 01:55 PM
^ Same here.

The part that has been broadcasted already was amusing so the rest should be even better! ;)

I love how that Led Zeppelin concert made him think of Twiggy. If read or heard that story before but it still makes me smile! :)

Dysmorphia
04-02-2010, 10:27 PM
That was an excellent interview. Manson is hilarious. Thank you for posting. :)