PDA

View Full Version : New Predator film

S.Hal0mega.B
03-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Okay okay I could be overdoing it with my excitement, considering the last installments of the series were shite - #cough# resident evil's director.

But this trailer has real atmosphere, a fucking ace cast (you'll see) and it's produced by Robert Rodrequez (spelling?). There's a clip there too im about to watch - but anyways, I love the music to the trailer and well.... there's no youtube link I found of it so go here...

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie/274769/predators

I have to repeat myself... I love the music.

ThreeEyedGod
03-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Wow, I had no idea Rodriguez was tied to the film! I just hope they don't go over the top, but seeing that new monster thing... I don't know. The film looks great besides that though.

S.Hal0mega.B
03-24-2010, 03:18 AM
yeah i saw the monster thing in the background on the ad and thought it looked cool, but what they were showing in the clip with him taking about the film seemed like a CGI without the final touches... i dunno. We'll see.

ShelfLife
03-24-2010, 03:33 AM
I like the idea of bringing the title Predators back to it's roots. This isn't just another movie-about-an-alien-franchise-we-dubbed-Predators, this is a movie that 110% fits the title, PREDATORS. Humans, comfortably at the top of the food-chain, made to be the prey in a blood-sport. If they actually treat the Predators as the original movie did, instead of saying, "OMG, look at what we've revamped AGAIN?" and making sure the audience knows how clever they are, this could be a fantastic movie.

Otherwise, all my previous comments about sequels and remakes and the lack of originality and the flogging of dead horses still stands.

By the way, what the hell is with Adrian Brody playing a GI? My brain juts can't conceive it.

Mi-CroMartie
03-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Remake or not, even if I saw this kick-ass movie, nothing will beat THE GOVERNATOR classic original.

S.Hal0mega.B
03-24-2010, 04:01 AM
lol maybe so, maybe not, I loved the original, but this music kicks ass. The director of this new one made that indie film "Vacancy", which wasnt a piece of tripe, and well with that producer at his side... lets wait n see. As Robert R. Said, he'll keep updates... i've booked marked the site and will post here in future if there's any more clips or something. I will probably be too impatient to see this online, or the otherway round. hehe

S.Hal0mega.B
03-24-2010, 04:07 AM
I like the idea of bringing the title Predators back to it's roots. This isn't just another movie-about-an-alien-franchise-we-dubbed-Predators, this is a movie that 110% fits the title, PREDATORS. Humans, comfortably at the top of the food-chain, made to be the prey in a blood-sport. If they actually treat the Predators as the original movie did, instead of saying, "OMG, look at what we've revamped AGAIN?" and making sure the audience knows how clever they are, this could be a fantastic movie.

Otherwise, all my previous comments about sequels and remakes and the lack of originality and the flogging of dead horses still stands. By the way, what the hell is with Adrian Brody playing a GI? My brain juts can't conceive it.

He looks good though. He's a great actor, and besides I'm not sure if he's a military man in this, for all i know he could be a crinmal, some kind of assassin... thin and lanky people are masters of certain martial arts (can be lol - he did beef up a little if you look at his arms).. .but you get my drift. But otherwise, I agree with everything you said.

Norsefire
03-24-2010, 05:52 AM
I am excited. Love that poster, I hope I can buy one I would like on my wall.

R_Flagg
03-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Trailer looks pretty good, I'm having high hopes for this.

spaceSuicide
03-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Seen this on echoing the sound, actually looks good.

Sputnik
03-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Nice! It looks amazing...

KnaveMurdok
03-27-2010, 12:28 PM
I know it sounds cliche, but I am officially tired of remakes, officially. It's almost all they have to give us anymore.

secretsquirrely
03-27-2010, 05:01 PM
You can be tired of remakes just fine..this isn't one o_O It's an entirely different film. The humans get thrown into the Predator planet for a game hunt. Nothing in the story even remotely is similar to the other films apart from their being soldiers in it.

S.Hal0mega.B
03-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Predator

spaceSuicide
06-25-2010, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igKKWJw88Kk.

Joker
06-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Pause at 1.54! Look on the left!

What the fuck is that?!

Norsefire
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM

What the fuck is that?!

The predator? That's what it looked like to me.

Cool trailer, I want to see this.

Joker
06-26-2010, 05:30 PM
The predator?

Nah, next to the Predator - maybe it's just the angle, but it looks like another creature or something, even a little Xenomorph-y.

But yeah, this looks like an excellent film, looking very forward to watching it.

R_Flagg
06-27-2010, 01:04 AM

What the fuck is that?!

Probably one of the other creatures held at that game reserve.

Mi-CroMartie
06-27-2010, 02:58 AM
To me it looked like the Pred-Alien hybrid from the horrid AVP sequel.

Norsefire
06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Nah, next to the Predator - maybe it's just the angle, but it looks like another creature or something, even a little Xenomorph-y.

But yeah, this looks like an excellent film, looking very forward to watching it.

I didn't see that. Fuck! yeah, what is that? Looks awesome.

Norsefire
06-27-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2R9jIu7D8o
Another trailer is there, and available in HD. Doesn't show that Predator thing that is in the other trailer though, but it does show some other thing running, so maybe there is some kind of cross breed thing going on in there somewhere.

Joker
06-27-2010, 11:26 AM
The Predator planet looks like a kind of... lunatic Pandora.

(Flawless accidental Final Fantasy reference there, oh yes)

spaceSuicide
06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Another trailer is there, and available in HD. Doesn't show that Predator thing that is in the other trailer though, but it does show some other thing running, so maybe there is some kind of cross breed thing going on in there somewhere.

Is that the Red Band trailer?

Could just be a different class of predator, not a cross breed. The first film had a different class and Predator than the second film.

secretsquirrely
06-29-2010, 08:26 AM
It's been confirmed that the Predators in this film are a completely different tribe and species than from the first 2 films. You will have the classic look as well, but most will be different. Also, those running things are basically native Predator-dogs.

EDIT: Oh and upon looking at the footage, what you guys are seeing is inded the Predator dog things. Whichc are these:

http://fusionfilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/predator-hound.jpg

Also, have fun with these awesome pics.

http://www.horrorbid.com/images/blog/820.gif

http://www.horrorbid.com/images/blog/822.gif

http://www.horrorbid.com/images/blog/824.gif

There's more but they're spoilerriffic

secretsquirrely
06-29-2010, 08:47 AM
^Doh! Will have to save and reupload them. Will do in a bit.

ThreeEyedGod
06-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Boo at giant monster.

Mi-CroMartie
07-08-2010, 05:08 AM
Finally saw Predators today. and the reason why they're there is because well there was no explanation except the start of the movie, we see Adrien Brody hurling out of the sky unconscious with his parachute intact.

The only thing that I got clues of how and why they're in Predator planet is that none of them are marines. Some of them are ex-convicts and death-rows. Just random people stuff. And the Predator planet has an atmosphere that you can even see JUPITER AND ITS' MOONS!!! Yes, it's like Avatar minus the Navi aliens.

ANyway, it was good. Oh there are 2 different predators. The bad predator usually has huge bulging red eyes and you notice that its teeth are much like the Sabre Tooth and very similar to the Predator hounds that you see. While the good predator is the original one.

Yes, there was Predator vs Predator action in the ending... And Adrien Brody trying to be like Arnold by bathing in mud to cover himself up was a nodding reference to the 1st Predator.

Laurence Fishburne was just wasted Predator food. Haha.

R.Daneel Olivaw
08-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Reading all the Predators comments with interest! I saw it a few weeks ago and really ebjoyed it, although I have to say I've liked all of them, for varying reasons. Although one of them is that we don't know absolutely everything ever about Predator society; we just get glimpses. Similarly on (British Sci Fi TV show) Dr Who, an alien menace called the Slitheen, turned out to be just one family and not the whole race (I like the ambiguity).
It seems Predators is set on a world used by the Predator race and not their home world, which we may have seen in the last one.
Lots of action, tight plot and some good points about some aspects of human nature made, good stuff!

While we're on the subject, (sort of) here in the UK I've waited aaaaaages for Runaways! It's coming out here in a couple of weeks. I've liked Joan Jett for ages, saw JJ and the Blackhearts with Queen in 1982, and they were great, since got lots of Runaways live stuff and enjoy cranking it up (!) Joan Jett Vs Predator - I think we know who'd win...