PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dennis Hopper. Legendary Badass.

CellarOwl
05-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Actor dies at age of 74
Hollywood actor Dennis Hopper died Saturday in Venice, Calif., from complications due to prostate cancer, Reuters reported.

fuck fuck fuck fuck. He had a tragic battle with cancer. I hope he's gone off to the great PBR in the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

I'm having one for you tonight, homeboy.

mfy
05-29-2010, 11:39 AM
It was only a matter of time but it's still a shame, he was such a great actor. Loved (or rather: feared) him in "Blue Velvet". RIP.

Last night I was thinking about throwing my "Blue Velvet" DVD into the player again... Tonight I might.

Zsa Zsa
05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
He was the best part of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, with the chainsaw duel and shit.

secretsquirrely
05-29-2010, 02:28 PM
This one was a long time coming, but still very sad. I think it's horrible how everything went down while he was in IC. You'll be missed oh lord Koopa!

Mi-CroMartie
05-29-2010, 05:35 PM
The only thing I'll remember him is not just Koopa but also the bad cop in Speed and as Fiddler the greedy owner in Land of the Dead.

CellarOwl
05-30-2010, 08:52 PM
I can't believe people's hearts are going out so much heavier to Gary Coleman. His impact on tv and film was barely 1/3 the size of Hopper's.

spaceSuicide
05-30-2010, 11:04 PM
I haven't seen much with him but he's got big respect from me in terms of his impact and acting abilities.

I absolutely love the one episode of the Twilight Zone he is in. The episode is 'He's Alive!' and it's about Peter Vollmer, played by Hopper, who is a neo-nazi that sees and interacts with Hitler's ghost.

I also liked him in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 as Sheriff lefty.

I also enjoy his narrative work on the Gorillaz's track 'Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head.

RIP.

secretsquirrely
05-31-2010, 12:32 AM
I can't believe people's hearts are going out so much heavier to Gary Coleman. His impact on tv and film was barely 1/3 the size of Hopper's.

Gary is just easily missed. But Hopper definitely gets the respect points from me. That man was a genius when it came to acting.

CellarOwl
05-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Apparently the short joke was over your head.

secretsquirrely
05-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Nope though I feel mine just ran a bit low :(