PDA

View Full Version : My Commercial

keyboards
05-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Good Afternoon, Evening, or Morning dear peeps

I was working on a video commercial for a local restaurant. They came up with a contest and I decided to direct a video and take home the prize. I would for you guys to check it out and vote for it...you know, help a brotha out. I strongly feel mine is the best one from the bunch...but you guys can always go and see for yourself.

In the mean time, here is my video. Please vote and please spread the word.

Thank You very much!

http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/33236/voteable_entries/4957925

ShelfLife
05-31-2010, 02:45 PM
I love it! The music was fantastic, the fight-scene was great, and I especially loved how you were both the hobo/thief and the waiter! Glancing into the suitcase, thinking, "Shit, so close to having that all to myself..."

It was fantastic, I voted for you on the app! Also, did you plan for that plane to go over at that exact second?

Sputnik
05-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Nice! the sounds effects, music.
Voted :]

keyboards
05-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Nat', I indeed was the servant..I think it comes natural when you be a brown folk. hahaha.
But..I was NOT the thief! :(

The sound of the plane was taken care of in post production, but I was lucky to catch one flying over during many of the takes. We shot that scene near LAX (Los Angeles International Airport). I was hoping deep down inside I would catch one, and during that take while I was looking through the camera's viewfinder, all of a sudden I see the big ass shadow! I internally exclaimed: Oh fuck yeah that was sweet!

Really, I was lucky to catch it.

Pebbles, thank you for watching and voting :)

Peaches
05-31-2010, 07:51 PM
I voteeeed (I think). My internet connection is so fucking shitty, sometimes I think whatever I was trying to do went through but then doesn't...it's all very confusing sometimes. Anyways!

I really liked your commercial a lot, and I hope you win! You really were SO lucky to catch that plane! I was wondering how the hell you could have done that in post production, I couldn't believe you had actually caught the shadow of a plane flying overhead haha...
Great job!

21Faces
06-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Excellent work! I saw all the videos and yours was the best- your only competition is probably the paper taco one. And what a lucky break on the airplane, it definitely does its little part to amp up the adrenaline slightly going into the fight. My only note is on the shot immediately following the showdown: it looked to me like the woman was leaving a residential interior, so when I saw her inside with the rich guy in the next shot I was momentarily thrown. But other than that this was super tight, and an excellent concept to sell the product. You're a braver man that I to have even attempted something that hinges on a action fight sequence (I don't even want to imagine the patience it must have required to direct that), but you definitely pulled it off. Bravo!

keyboards
06-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Oh yeah man, that was something I was worried about; how to transition from a fight scene with fast and loud music, to something calm and relaxed....the conclusion. Those last two scenes were shot in two different cities...hahaha. The way I tried to ease the audience into the conclusion was by prolonging the black shot (the fade out).....I chose to leave it hanging for probably 2 seconds more, so as to denote some sort of passing of time. Also, I kept any sound in that scene to a minimum....only chose to have her footsteps as she hands over the package.

So yeah man, basically I prolonged the fade and kept a black screen for 2 seconds more and hardly any sound in order to calm things down, to ease people in, and to try to convey a substantial time passing (that's why her hair is down too).

Jesus... I told myself I was not going to explain the video...but since you're a fellow filmmaker, divulging trade secrets doesn't feel so bad! hahaha

For the rest of you, if you want to vote....follow THIS LINK instead:

http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/33236/voteable_entries

Look at the left column and vote for the video titled "ALWAYS PERFECT." Allow the CONTEST APPLICATION or your vote won't be registered. Apparently, the contest application is randomly discriminating against my video and MANY of my voters (so many votes from friends aren't showing up) .... :(

Thank You guys

EDIT: My video has been displaced to 3rd place. I got word that many people are creating fake facebook profiles in order to vote me out. hahaha. wow....makes sense after all the shit talking that's been developing in the top 3 videos. Time to bring out all the guns.