PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat

Cringeon
06-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't care if this is a movie or a game, I just thank god WB bought Midway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk&feature=player_embedded

Dronepool
06-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Looks good.

Zsa Zsa
06-08-2010, 08:06 PM
This video has erased the last 10 years of damage to Mortal Kombat's reputation, it seems. The only people I've seen that don't like it are jackoffs who hate it because it's cool to hate things.

Even the whiny ass MK fans seem to like it, which is something I haven't seen in a long ass time.

EDIT: Confirmed by Jeri Ryan that it was used as a pitch to WB. Judging by the reaction of the internet, if WB decided to make this into an actual movie, people are going to be ecstatic.

Source: http://twitter.com/JeriLRyan/status/15752179609

Golden Eel
06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
What the fuck. Why have I heard nothing about this? Has potential to be fucking bad-ass.

R_Flagg
06-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Looks pretty good. Then again, not hard to top Annihilation. Not sure about the whole realism angle though, explaining all those superpowers and such. It works in stuff like the new Batman films, but we'll see.

Impaled
06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I thought it was pretty cool and seems pretty promising. Though, I too think it's somewhat weird they try to explain all the powers and make up stories of their former lives. Reptile, a harlequin baby? Sounds pretty random.

Mi-CroMartie
06-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Very ridiculous that they have Reptile's origin based on the REAL life video of that weird baby fish face mutant.

Hexon.Arq
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
$7,800 budget for that--outstanding. How does one NOT greenlight that shit? YES PLEASE.

Zsa Zsa
06-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Think we could make this one big 'ol Mortal Kombat thread? How about we discuss the newly announced Mortal Kombat game?
Confirmed Characters:
Shao Kahn
Raiden
Sub-Zero
Johnny Cage
Reptile
Sektor
Mileena
Nightwolf
Kung Lao

Peep the trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcPCnNUCiE&playnext_from=TL&videos=WXAx9M7fpic&feature=sub

Hexon.Arq
06-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Think we could make this one big 'ol Mortal Kombat thread? How about we discuss the newly announced Mortal Kombat game?
Confirmed Characters:
Shao Kahn
Raiden
Sub-Zero
Johnny Cage
Reptile
Sektor
Mileena
Nightwolf
Kung Lao

Peep the trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcPCnNUCiE&playnext_from=TL&videos=WXAx9M7fpic&feature=sub

What, no Sonic? Man...

Cringeon
06-11-2010, 07:04 AM
This is now the general MK thread :)

In regards to the movie pitch, while I was pretty bummed to find out it was just a movie pitch and not something in production; I still think the overall reaction by both fans and critics alike is that this is the type of reboot MK needs. I've been a MK fan since MK1 hit arcades, and honestly I just feel like the MK universe became far too bloated since MK3. The story lines by the time Armageddon hit just scream far more fantasy/sci-fi - almost like there's a DnD element to it. The beauty of this kind of reboot idea is that while it has to stray from the typical game universe, I think it drips with the grime and brooding violent darkness that I remember feeling playing MK2. So while on one hand it's not 100% true to the past, it's almost more true to the feeling and vibe of what I think MK1-3 set out to do. And for those with issues on the character reworks, I personally think that for the movie to have that impact as a distrubing and scary element, the characters need to become more human. Are you going to be more frightened by a creature from another realm, or a mentally disturbed doctor who mutilated himself? I pick that latter.

As for the new MK game - I'm in love. From what I can tell it's everything I love about the first 3 MK games. 2D mechanics is a god send, and I'm stoked for the new arcade modes (co-op!). Not that the 3D MK games are bad in their own right, but I just don't think they play or feel like MK games. Some games work in 3D, and some do not. I just hope they take the time to focus on adding in only relevant characters and don't try to overbloat the roster just to please every fan and cram so many characters in. 16-24 characters tops would be golden. Judging from the trailer, I like the reworks of the old levels too (Pit II, Deadpool, Kahn's Courtyard etc). It just really seems like they are just getting back to basics. Too bad March is so far away lol

Zsa Zsa
06-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Hopefully, they'll do a demo of it in February, or something. All I know is is that I need my new, pretty, shiny MK fix. Seeing Kahn actually seeming bad ass again is something I didn't think I'd see after MK:Deception. In MK2 and 3, Kahn was this big, terrifying monster that had no problems whooping your ass. In the last few games, he wasn't even a boss or sub-boss. In MK vs DCU, he was a sub boss for the MK side. That's it. AND, on top of that, he was a fat guy in sandals. Now that Kahn has boots again, maybe they will get him right.

Also, loving the fuck out of Reptile's design. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm an enormous Reptile fan. And, his design in this game seems to remind me of a less crude version of his Deadly Alliance alternate costume mixed with MK4 and MK2. When he did the acid spit, he looked human. Maybe he'll go back and forth between human and lizard, like in Shaolin Monks. That'd be cool.

Also, with the newer characters chained up, or fighting in the back ground, I'm thinking this will actually continue from Armageddon, and whoever defeat Blaze didn't kill anyone, and just made them fight in a new tournament. I'd like that.

R_Flagg
06-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Trailer looks good. I wondered where they'd go with the story after Armageddon. Wasn't everyone supposed to be dead? I think I read someplace that they planned on a new cast for the next one apart from Scorpion and Sub-Zero, although that was still before Midway went under.

Hexon.Arq
06-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Trailer looks good. I wondered where they'd go with the story after Armageddon. Wasn't everyone supposed to be dead?

The less that is said, remembered, or honored about the previous works the better...

Dronepool
06-12-2010, 04:32 PM
The game looks cool just hope Scorpion is in it.

Zsa Zsa
06-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Scorpion is in. Ed Boon said he'll never make an MK game without Scorpion again. (The original version of MK3 didn't have Scorpion, which pissed a lot of people off.)

Mortal Kombat will be at E3 in some capacity. Next year, Drone, you and I have to play some Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

ThreeEyedGod
06-13-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm sorry but I think that trailed sucked balls.

As for the new game, it seems like it will the best since MK2.

Zsa Zsa
08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Giving this thread a little bump-a-roni and cheese.

Due to various magazines confirming characters, we're up to:
Cyrax *
Jax *
Johnny Cage
Kano *
Kitana *
Kung Lao
Liu Kang *
Mileena
Nightwolf
Raiden ~
Reptile
Shang Tsung ~
Sektor
Scorpion
Smoke *
Sonya *
Sub-Zero
Shao Kahn -

* Confirmed through various magazines
~ Confirmed in an interview with Hector Sanchez
- Was seen in the trailer in an in-game model. Might be playable, might not be playable.

There's going to be 26 characters, with DLC coming later on.

Mortal Kombat also won many different awards, including numerous best fighting game, among others. (Suck my balls, Marvel Vs Capcom 3!)

There's also a rumored "HD Collection" of the first three MK games, which will include a demo for the new Mortal Kombat. This is supposedly coming this November. I have a huge excitement boner as we speak!

Cringeon
08-04-2010, 06:30 AM
An HD collection would be awesome, but unless another studio team is working on it I doubt MK team would take time away from the new game to touch up the oldies. Do you have info to where these other "confirmed" characters are listed? As far as I can tell, Smoke specifically is speculation although Ed did say that if you favorite characters are in MK 1-3 then chances are you'll see them in the game.

Ludwig
08-04-2010, 06:44 AM
They announced a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat game.

Cringeon
08-04-2010, 06:56 AM
No, they announced Street Fighter x Tekken (made by the Street Fighter team) and also Tekken x Street Fighter (made by the Tekken team). Only new MK game announced is self-titled relaunch which we are discussing above.

Ludwig
08-04-2010, 07:23 AM
No, they announced Street Fighter x Tekken (made by the Street Fighter team) and also Tekken x Street Fighter (made by the Tekken team). Only new MK game announced is self-titled relaunch which we are discussing above.

Ah yes, that's what I meant.

Zsa Zsa
08-23-2010, 01:39 PM
An HD collection would be awesome, but unless another studio team is working on it I doubt MK team would take time away from the new game to touch up the oldies.

There is another studio doing the HD Collection, but no one has confirmed which one. I think it's probably the same company that did the PSN port of MK2. I've read that a few different places.

Do you have info to where these other "confirmed" characters are listed? As far as I can tell, Smoke specifically is speculation although Ed did say that if you favorite characters are in MK 1-3 then chances are you'll see them in the game.

Some European magazine confirmed Smoke, Jax, Sonya, and a few others. I pretty much believe it, if only because of a recent interview from GamesCom that Ed Boon did, where he said that the majority of the roster will be from MK's 1 through 3. I'm pretty much sure it'll be the MK Trilogy roster, minus all of the boss characters, Classic or Young Sub-Zero (We really don't need 2 different Sub-Zero's. 3, if you count Noob Saibot, who's the elder Sub-Zero, who's in this game.), and maybe Sheeva. A lot of people want her out, too.

Cringeon
08-24-2010, 05:16 AM
I'm hoping it's really just the core MK1-3. The game could probably do without Rain, Ermac, Khamelon etc. I saw the news about the HD Kollection and instead of having up-res'ed sprites, they refilmed actual actors to catpure some serious hi-def visuals. Interesting enough, the guy who played Kung Lao posted on his YT page that instead of him being filmed, they got his son (who is interestingly around the same age his dad was when he filmed for MKII). I'm quite curious to see how it turns out, but I just hope they don't rush it in any way.

Zsa Zsa
08-24-2010, 12:55 PM
I think it's cool that they got Tony's son to play Kung Lao. I think they could get John Turk (Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung, Scorpion/Reptile/Ermac/Rain/etc. in MK3/UMK3/Trilogy.) back; that guy is still in great shape. Sadly, the same can't be said for Jax. XD I think Keri Hoskins might do Sonya again. She's one of the last few people who didn't sue Midway because of home port profits, or something like that.

EDIT: I'm too lazy to look back in the thread, but apparently, a PC version is possible. Ed Boon said in an interview from GamesCom (I think) that they're doing PS3 and the 360 for sure, and that a PC version could happen.

It's funny looking back at the MK games from Midway went down-hill once Midway started to go down-hill. WB has definitely brought the fire back with MK.

Mi-CroMartie
08-25-2010, 05:51 PM
http://www.brothersoft.com/games/emulator/cps2/

http://www.brothersoft.com/games/emulator/cps3/

Speaking of MK and Street Fighter, you can even play THESE ARCADE GAMES ON PC!!! This is even better in wasting your money just to get tokens for an arcade machine... Try it!!! Unless, some of you don't know how to configure CPS 2-3 Emulator controls... :p

CPS EMULATORS FTW!!!

Zsa Zsa
08-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Try MAME. It can run, like, 98% of all arcade games ever released. I say 98% because there are a few that won't work, like Mortal Kombat 4 and The Grid. (They don't work because of a very, very powerful type of chip called the Zeus chip. I've heard that it's about makes an arcade cab as strong as either a PS2 or a Dreamcast. I forget which one.)

Mi-CroMartie
08-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I tried running Tekken Tag on MAME and THE GAME itself IS TOO SLOW!!!

NEO GEO has better games than that. I liked playing King of the Monsters 2.. Man, even on level 1 the final monster boss is hard to beat.

Mi-CroMartie
08-25-2010, 06:57 PM
They announced a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat game.

Haha, try looking it up and you'll see torrents have that too!! I tried playing it and it looked like a MUGEN mixture... Hehe.

Tekken vs Street Fighter?!?! Holy shit!! I wonder how the 2-D SF characters can match against the Tekken 3-4 graphics on that one? Unless they'll base it on Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 5 series. Cos it's all 3-D stuff.

KnaveMurdok
08-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Best part of Mortal Kombat, right here :)

http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/Images/Mortal_Kombat/Kitana/Kitana_and_group_MKD_01.jpg

Cringeon
09-25-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.trmk.org/images/mkhdk/mk_hd_euro_artwork.jpg
Still can't believe it hasn't been announced officially, or any screens released. Still worried there isn't a 360 version, but it'll probably just be released via XBLA. The text in the top corner says it includes a demo of the new game - so hopefully that pans out. Release date is mid November.

Zsa Zsa
09-27-2010, 11:52 PM
I believe it's real. I'm excited for it to come out, mostly because it has a demo of MK9. (I want to play this game so badly.)

The official Mortal Kombat website should be updating soon. Here's a link:

www.themortalkombat.com

Cringeon
09-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's real too - but I just hate that it's only about 2 months away from release and there hasn't been as much as a press release from WB. I'm crossing my fingers they release an 360 version, either on disc or via XBLA cause I don't have a PS3. I won't mind a demo of MK9, but honestly I just want to get the classic games haha.

It does look like the official site got an update, but it's just a countdown to I guess when more stuff will be posted.

Zsa Zsa
09-28-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm excited for the HD Kollection more than I am for MK9 right now. XD It's sad, because I'm mostly happiest over the thought of a demo for MK9. I want to play this game so badly, and having a demo come out this early may be the most amazing thing EVER!

New actors filmed, put in HD? First time UMK3 is going to be on PS3 (hopefully with online), MK1 is getting some love (better not leave Reptile out of the game.), and an MK9 demo? If this is real, like it definitely looks to be, then I'll be jizzing my pants all day on November 16/17/18/19 (I've not seen a set date yet, they all go back and forth between this four.) I hopefully will get an HD TV, right before, so hopefully it'll look excellent on my (hopefully) new TV.

Zsa Zsa
12-07-2010, 04:06 PM
BIG leaks this morning!

Some iPhone app they were creating to promote the game, or something, had a substantial amount of character intros (audio only) and background music on it. It ended up confirming more than a handful of characters, and it confirmed a few arenas we didn't know about, as well.

Here is what was confirmed:

There are fighting intro quote clips for the following characters: Ermac, Goro, Kabal, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Smoke & Stryker. As well as a mention of a human sounding Sektor.

There was also announcer voice files that indicate there is a possible return of Test Your Might and Brutalities.

Also, Ed Boon said if Mortal Kombat was nominated for Most Anticipated Game at this year's VGA Awards, he'd reveal a new character.
Use this link to vote. (http://www.spike.com/event/vga/page/vote/category/40613/most-anticipated)

Cringeon
12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I saw this over at TRMK earlier today. I'm really glad to hear Quan Chi mentioned because he really is one of the few post MK3 characters that I think was as important as the earlier roster. The background music sounds really cool, and I was glad to see Ermac and Smoke confirmed. It'll be interesting to see how a Human Sektor plays out.

Zsa Zsa
12-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I just hope Smoke is human. I've always hated Smoke as a cyborg, and his human form has been one of my favorite characters for a long, long time. (Since I first saw him in MK2. He was a hidden character that I accidentally fought against when I was little. The whole spectacle of him popping up and fighting me was so amazing to me, that he instantly became my number 2 favorite. Reptile will always be my number one, though.)

Angeles
12-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Loving the fact that Ermac is joining the MK9 party, my hope that Kenshi will also make it into the game is gradually fading though.

Cringeon, what's your Xbox Gamertag?

I've got quite a few former phants on my friends list but I'm not sure if you're amongst them.
Add me if you want - Angeles mkIV

Dronepool
12-08-2010, 01:32 AM
http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/12/08/mortal-kombat-9-2011-ps3-gets-kratos-xbox-360-doesnt/

PS3 gets Kratos!

Zsa Zsa
12-08-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/12/08/mortal-kombat-9-2011-ps3-gets-kratos-xbox-360-doesnt/

PS3 gets Kratos!

David Jaffe has apparently confirmed this. I really, really hope it's not true, and they're just trolling people. Not that I don't like Kratos, I just hate the Hip Hop Gamer Show guy, and I know for a fact he'll act like it was his idea and be a complete ass-head about it.

Cringeon
12-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I personally think they need to keep him, and anything that deviates from the idea of returning MK to it's roots at DLC. I honestly don't care if they throw in Super Mario as DLC, just as long as they keep the core game, the main roster and story line purely MK. As most of the MK fans are echoing - it just seems like ploy to lure in other gamers without really focusing on quality. If even a shitty MK character got scrapped in favor of Kratos, I think that is the complete opposite of what this game needs to be. And honestly, this is the FIRST piece of news on this game i've heard that I've been dissapointed in.

Zsa Zsa
12-13-2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.trmk.org/images/mk9/mk9_amazon_reptile.jpg

I jizzed.

http://www.trmk.org/images/mk9/MK_Pad_ang%20PS3%20r1_v1.jpg
http://www.trmk.org/images/mk9/MK_BeautyShot_PS3_r2_v2.jpg

I jizzed more.

Is it April yet? I wish it was.

Dronepool
12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
That's pretty awesome ^

And for some reason Kratos being in it makes me happier. I'll most likely get it used for cheaper or something, if I get this.

Cringeon
12-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I like that Kratos is just add on and isn't actually part of the game. The new fight stick looks killer and the classic Reptile skin is sick. Definitely getting the Tournament edition.

Zsa Zsa
12-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm going to do everything I can to get the Tournament Edition, the Human Reptile skin, and the Kollector's Edition bonus material.

MK hype is hitting me hard, now. I was trying to just ignore it, put it on the back burner, but now, I don't think I can do that anymore.

Cringeon
12-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm going with Best Buy for Sub-Zero's stuff, but I think probably after a while you'll be able to purchase the exclusive preorder skins. I think retro skins would look cool on pretty much everyone - so hopefully they keep adding onto them.

Zsa Zsa
03-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Well, slap my ass and call me a bitch.

A DEMO will be coming to PSN Plus NEXT FUCKING WEEK OMGWTFBBQ. [It will be on regular ass PSN on March 15th. XBL is currently un-announced.]

Is it Tuesday yet? <3

Cringeon
03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
All the details that have been coming out lately have me so excited. I love they put so much time into the single player aspect of the game, while still expanding the multiplayer options. Honestly, Warner buying out Midway and creating Netherrealm is the single best thing to happen in the MK world since UMK3.

Cringeon
03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
The achievement list for 360 has been announced and it contained some spoilers.

Quan Chi is unlockable, and there is a Cyber Sub Zero!
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/15435-360-achievements-listed?p=213352&viewfull=1#post213352

So stoked for this game hahaha

Zsa Zsa
03-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Demo is out RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Downloading that shit like the Fist of the North Star. ATATATATATATATATATA. [15 more minutes.]

Cringeon
03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm holding off on the demo for just the whole game - but let me know what you think after you get a few hours in :D

Zsa Zsa
03-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I've not been playing long, but this game.... THIS FUCKING GAME, man. Where to start?

Johnny Cage is ridiculously fast. If you're playing as Johnny against Johnny on expert, you can really see how fast paced this game can get. Jesus. I'm glad the demo is uncensored, and the game looks AMAZING. It's running at 1080i, and I'm noticing no lag whatsoever. The game play is very, very addicting. I'm feeling like I could be able to pull off some really cool shit in a short amount of time playing it. It's very easy to pick it up and go, but I'd stay away from Scorpion or Sub Zero if you want speed. Especially Subbie, he's a fucking tank in this game. Scorpion's teleport is hard to combo into, but I can pop it off fairly easily. Also, the Living Forest is supposed to have a stage fatality, but I can't do it. Maybe it's not in the demo?

The game is like MK2, with traces of MK3, and all of the good parts of MK vs DCU. [Basically, it has the same juggle ability as MK2, with the combo ability of MK3, with the ability to create your own combos and cut into specials really quickly like MK vs DCU. I can't wait to play as Reptile, because I know I'm going to be raping shit with him.]

This demo puts MvC 3 to shame. MvC3 is totally fun, but I feel more free and able to do combos and let loose and juggle and shit with this game. Fighter of the year? Is it too early to already give it that award?

EDIT: FUCK YES. Toasty! is back! Dan Forden, too!

EDIT 2: Apparently, pretty much everything was in the demo, at least in text format. Everything has been leaked, including the dialog for the story mode, all of the challenges [including what the "best alternate ever" is.]

Hint: Heavily implied nudity, sadly. Flesh pit Mileena. I assume she'll be very tarkatan in appearance, and most likely completely nude, with the exception of things you can't show being covered.

I'm soooooo glad that Human Smoke is in.

Zsa Zsa
03-22-2011, 06:34 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/mortal-kombat?sid=6305320&overridePid=961031

New TV spot showing off The Tower, Old Shang Tsung/Shang Tsungs intro, and it has Reptile's theme by Skrillex. I love it.

Angeles
04-01-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone is planning on getting this game but isn't interested in getting anything other than the standard edition?
The reason I ask is that due to the game being banned in Australia we, obviously, won't be getting a release here and I want those fucking Scorpion/Sub Zero bookends and the art book from the Kollector's edition.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9532/500xmortalkombatce.jpg

If someone wants to help a guy out, I can pay the difference between the Standard and Kollector's editions, you take out the game and DLC codes and send me the outer box, the bookends and art book.
I don't want to try and order a Kollector's edition overseas and get it shipped to Australia via Amazon, eBay or some similar site, as customs will confiscate the whole thing, but importing the Kollector's edition would be ok if it did not include a copy of the actual game itself, due to it being banned.

Just to be clear, I'm not asking you to do anything illegal or import a copy of this banned game into the country, I pretty much want everything the is not the game.

I will of course cover the cost of all shipping etc, and would also offer some compensation for the effort involved.

If anyone is interested in helping, PM me.

Zsa Zsa
04-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Mortal Kombat: Legacy has finally been revealed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA

I like it a lot. Still feels like Rebirth, but also feels closer to the source material. Part 2 [of 10] is coming out next week.

ThreeEyedGod
04-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't want to try and order a Kollector's edition overseas and get it shipped to Australia via Amazon, eBay or some similar site, as customs will confiscate the whole thing,
Christ, are they that serious about it? Sorry dude.

Terrapin
04-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Mortal Kombat: Legacy has finally been revealed!

I like it a lot. Still feels like Rebirth, but also feels closer to the source material. Part 2 [of 10] is coming out next week.

It was alright. I still HIGHLY prefer the direction they were heading with Rebirth. Felt like a stronger story overall and so much more gritty.

In regards to the game, played some hours of the demo and it's insanely refreshing. Can hardly wait for the release.

R_Flagg
04-12-2011, 03:42 AM
It was alright. I still HIGHLY prefer the direction they were heading with Rebirth. Felt like a stronger story overall and so much more gritty.

Rebirth was cool but shouldn't have had the name Mortal Kombat. I mean, Baraka a crazy doctor with sword implants? The whole supernatural aspect is a bit part of MK and I'm glad they're keeping it for this series.

Cringeon
04-12-2011, 07:34 AM
I think Rebirth is more what the director wants to do with MK. He's even said since starting this web-series that he still wants to do something more full-length. In the end, he was probably hired by WB because they realized the marketing potential of doing the web-series. I think the first episode was decent, no complaints from the actors - more or less you can tell they didn't have really as much time in the editing phase as the Rebirth trailer had. I still think it's a cool way to re-look at the series, and especially the time-frame when this is all taking place. Pretty stoked to see the rest.

Terrapin
04-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Rebirth was cool but shouldn't have had the name Mortal Kombat. I mean, Baraka a crazy doctor with sword implants? The whole supernatural aspect is a bit part of MK and I'm glad they're keeping it for this series.

Keeping the supernatural aspect is fine by me, but what Rebirth seemed to promise was an entirely new vision of the Mortal Kombat world that we hadn't seen before. I don't believe a vision has to be dramatically restricted by the theme being used as a reference. There is plenty of room for growth in this series, I still would like to see what they can do to further that initial vision. I will still watch Legacy, of course, but this first episode wasn't as great as the potential we had seen in the Rebirth trailer.

I thought the Baraka character kicked ass, btw.

@Cringeon: I hope that the director does in fact become greenlit to tackle a full-length project with this. There's so much material which can be truly revolutionary for this project.

Angeles
04-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Christ, are they that serious about it? Sorry dude.

Yeah, the whole games ratings/ban thing is a joke over here, and that subsequently makes us a joke around the world.

On a positive note, I will be getting the Kollector's edition, it's just gonna involve waiting a while.

Delayed win?

R_Flagg
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I will still watch Legacy, of course, but this first episode wasn't as great as the potential we had seen in the Rebirth trailer.

True, but I think that's more because they started off with a few second-tier characters (sorry to the fans). The episodes featuring Sektor and Cyrax or Sub-Zero and Scorpion for example will be a better display of what they can do with it.

Cringeon
02-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Season 2 of MK Legacy went up. Seems like what the first film should have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3jrR5XMSU