PDA

View Full Version : Username Meaning?

Doppelgänger
07-12-2010, 05:45 AM
mine's kinda obvious but I expect others have more interesting meanings to their usernames. Tell us what they are.

Ich_Bin_Du
07-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Not very interesting, but if some of you don't already know: "Ich bin du" means "I am you". I really liked that I am you-thing, but I don't remember why I wanted it in German. xD

Ludwig
07-12-2010, 06:45 AM
I just like the name.

Thought about actually changing my name to Ludwig but everyone I know seems to hate it and I was worried it would seem pretentious.

Norsefire
07-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Mine comes from V for Vendetta.

But actually if it was real, I would actually be on V's side.
I just think Norsefire is a cool name, so I decided to go with that, I almost thought about having just "V" as my username, but I think it's a little short and for me Norsefire sounds better.

I actually did look at choosing a screen name from the shining - which is currently in my sig/avatar and user title, because that is another fav film of mine. But I didn't find anything that I thought would sound like a good user name.

Apart from Norsefire, the only other name I thought about having was "Order 66", from Star Wars. Which I still think would make a cool name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09n0qd_n4c0

S.D.
07-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Mine comes from V for Vendetta.

I guess for the Manson Celebritarian connotations with the Doublecross as well right? I think I asked you about that once on The 'Phant, it's a cool tie-in of two things:-

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/v_for_vendetta/john_hurt/vendetta1.jpg

I actually did look at choosing a screen name from the shining - which is currently in my sig/avatar and user title, because that is another fav film of mine. But I didn't find anything that I thought would sound like a good user name.

Not Redrum then? I think Norsefire is cool obviously, but Redrum is probably what I would have used if I wanted a name from The Shining.

Norsefire
07-12-2010, 07:16 AM
As much as I love the film, nothing really jumped out at me from The Shining to use as a name. Redrum is cool, but it's just not something I would call myself.

Norsefire wasn't really to connect it with Manson in any way, although it sort of is cool that around the same time they were using the double cross. Which also annoys me because I was hoping the Norsefire and the double cross would be explained in extra DVD content but it wasn't and so far I haven't read anything to say why they used a double cross in the film.

jezstyle
07-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Nickname's Jez. I've got some serious style.

Any questions? :P

Emma
07-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Well a few years ago, back in the say when I first joined Manson forums, I was Ditame, which was Dita and the first two letters of my first name but backward.

Then over the years for a couple of reasons, people began knowing my name. Through friendships and of my affiliation with John 5 - people realized the Emma he thanks is me. And so I decided to just go by Emma. And thats me.

The Empirical Guy
07-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Mine? See here. http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php?2618-My-band-and-our-debut-EP

Not very interesting, but if some of you don't already know: "Ich bin du" means "I am you". I really liked that I am you-thing, but I don't remember why I wanted it in German. xD

Maybe it's because German is so fuckin' sexy.

Norsefire
07-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Well a few years ago, back in the say when I first joined Manson forums, I was Ditame, which was Dita and the first two letters of my first name but backward.

Then over the years for a couple of reasons, people began knowing my name. Through friendships and of my affiliation with John 5 - people realized the Emma he thanks is me. And so I decided to just go by Emma. And thats me.

I remember you back on MMDN as Ditame with I think a little .gif avatar of a woman cracking a whip.

Emma
07-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I remember you back on MMDN as Ditame with I think a little .gif avatar of a woman cracking a whip.

Yes that was my avatar at the time. Started there, helped run that place for a while, then after spending time hosting a forum and helping them out when they couldn;t host and helping build content, I was basically shafted by the owners ex wife. So I left there and went to MansonUSA and of course the rest is history

Cringeon
07-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Cringeon really just came from a brainstorm with a friend for a studio we were starting. Use to go by Damian at the 'phant which was a name I used in RPG games from middle school and it took on a life of it's own as an alter-ego. There's really no meaning to Cringeon, just took Cringe and thought the extra syllable sounded cool.

Fav
07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
That's pretty cool, and it leaves me with an image of sad eyed Hitler saying it.

Favenris is a mix between Faveo, Latin for "puppy-like" affection, and Fenris/Fenrir, a Norse wolf. So it's a mix between savageness and kindness. :D

S.D. are initials for Sanctimonious Duplicity. :P

Anima XI
07-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Well, mine's a reference to a few things: a Sopor Aeternus song, Jungian psychology, a Final Fantasy game, the Latin language and Pythagorean numerology.

"Anima I" and "Anima II" are both songs by Sopor Aeternus, whose titles are a nod to the Jungian concept of the Anima and Animus:

The anima and animus are described by Jung as elements of his theory of the collective unconscious, a domain of the unconscious that transcends the personal psyche. In the unconscious of the male, it finds expression as a feminine inner personality: anima; equivalently, in the unconscious of the female, it is expressed as a masculine inner personality: animus.

Also, anima is the Latin word for "soul". 11, or XI in roman numerals in the tradition of Sopor Aeternus song titles, is a very important number to me in terms of numerology. Both my life path number and my destiny number are 11, which is presumably a rare occurrence. 11 is a very significant number in metaphysics, and apparently it is also a Masonic master number.

Anima is also the name of an "aeon" from the game Final Fantasy X. An aeon was a soul of someone that sacrificed there lives for the sake of the greater good, manifested in the form of a powerful monster. Anima was my favorite aeon from the game.

Peaches
07-12-2010, 11:55 AM
I just REALLY like the smell of peaches. I don't care much for the taste of actual peaches, but anything artificially flavored peach is awesome....But mainly, it's the smell. I have peach scented everything. Perfume, lotion, bodywash, shampoo, conditioner, body spray, basically anything that I can find scented peach, I will buy :D

It's just such a fresh, beautiful scent...it's like a cool summer day in the sun.

/derp

love_lolita
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
well, James always called me his Lolita. and we used o write letters to each other, so i incorporated the "love". as in the signature "Love, Lolita". thats all.

Doppelgänger
07-12-2010, 12:04 PM
some cool answers here, thanks people. Anima and Favenris were interesting ones.

It's still damn obvious but I like the word Doppelgänger and it was in Doll Dagga Buzz Buzz. I'll leave it hangin' as to whether or not I dress up as people and then scare them by following them round all day pretending to be them

Allycat
07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Allycat is in Reference to my big tortoiseshell cat named ally.

Dronepool
07-12-2010, 01:03 PM
I combined Drone and Pool from Deadpool but it also could be a "dronepool" a gene pool of drones, mindless humans who model roles out- connecting it to my my old user names; prescribed drone/prescribed model.

MrCzernobog
07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Mine is a blatant reference to American Gods, by Neil Gaiman. Also, Chernobog is the name of a death metal band which I formed recently.

Hexon.Arq
07-12-2010, 02:16 PM
ARQ stands for "Ask the Right Question". I don't remember where HEXON came from, but I'm finding I don't much care for the sound of it.

ieoshua
07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Mine is just how you pronouce Jesus (my real name) in arameic... is my nickname almost every place I'm on the web =)

Joker
07-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Joker was my nickname since I was about 11, but it's kinda died out since I went to university.

Mary
07-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I chose this username because it's my name, and apparently it means bitterly wanted. Thanks mum...

The Empirical Guy
07-13-2010, 07:50 AM
I chose this username because it's my name, and apparently it means bitterly wanted. Thanks mum...

Heh, I used to really dislike my birth name when I was growing up as it seemed so "normal" and "generic", but as I grew up I came to realize how scarily accurate it was for me.

Cerebrot
07-13-2010, 10:00 AM
My name is a combination of 2 words, cerebral and the german word brot.

ThreeEyedGod
07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Because it looked cool and my adoration of Hindu art.

Celiny-O
07-13-2010, 07:41 PM
It's just a nickname I was given a few years ago.

Dysmorphia
07-14-2010, 01:07 AM
My username comes from Body Dysmorphic Disorder, a psychological disorder where the sufferer is obsessed with a perceived defect in their physical features.

Obsidian
07-14-2010, 07:55 AM
because i am a Neolithic blade and i like the sound

Ich_Bin_Du
07-14-2010, 08:48 AM
and the german word brot.

What a beautiful word. xD

Method Man
07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Mine is way too deep for any of you to understand.

http://thehiphopconsultant.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/method-man-fangs.jpg

07-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Im in no way associated with the band 303, I think I should let you know

Cerebrot
07-14-2010, 04:31 PM
What a beautiful word. xD

Haha yes. Yes it is.

Lord Hypnos
07-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Lord Hypnos is the name of one of my fav In Flames songs (The Jester Race is prob the best album EVAR!) and Hypnos is also the Greek personification of sleep.

ShelfLife
07-24-2010, 06:23 PM
It was originally just an MSN nickname, but it was just so perfect, it's now become my alias.

It's such an abstract concept that doesn't really work as a standalone (it needs to be applied to something to make sense - ie, the shelf-life of this loaf of bread), and I do tend to live a life amongst my books and dolls and other such things that live on shelves.

Mexicanfiend
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Mine comes from the evening I joined the Hierophant Council forums. I was drunk and I began to create the weirdest name combinations in my mind. At the time I was obsessed with that Coal Chamber song, "Fiend", and the juxtaposition of such word with my nationality was the perfect formula for what has become my cyber alter-ego, not only for forums and MM-related stuff.

Shangri-LIE
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I was so fucked up at the time that I first started using this username, that I truly forget what exactly inbibed it.

Terrapin
07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Mine was originally inspired from the Syd Barrett song of the same name. Syd and Manson were the artists I was obsessed with upon joining the Manson community. To top it off, my full last name appears within. It's evolved into an online tag I've enjoyed using ever since.

Terrapin
08-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Ha, double post ban. Figuring maybe more want to participate here.

Golden Eel
08-28-2012, 06:37 PM
I used to be a wigger and this user name was completely sincere at one point. Now I just use it because it's amusing how stupid it sounds, and it reminds me of how I used to be a dumb, annoying little fuck.

sayyosin
08-28-2012, 07:21 PM
When I was 13, I started using internet forums and my first one was for the terrible emo band From First to Last (the band that Skrillex was in). The admin was a cute girl named Erin and her username was.... sayyosin. You can google "sayyosin" and the first links will be hers. It was from one of her favorite bands, Saosin. I stopped liking that kind of music as it was a phase but I randomly used her username for my Xbox gamer tag.

When I turned 14, I discovered MMDN (my first MM forum) and just kept on using the name sayyosin for every forum I've used. It has absolutely no meaning to it, I just like to be consistent. My last.fm and youtube usernames would be sayyosin if Erin didn't already use it.

Mi-CroMartie
08-28-2012, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBSB2WhUdRc

Just added the "Mi" because well, Micro-chip duh!! Hence the terminator reference.

08-28-2012, 07:46 PM
"Kollaps" is the name of Einsturzende Neubauten's debut album, as well as the name of my musical project.

Celebrity Killing Spree
08-28-2012, 09:41 PM
It comes from the title of a fictitious band I've always wanted to create in a movie I always wanted to write.

Shangri-LIE
08-28-2012, 09:44 PM
DV5 = 15 and you can all suck my five dimensional sociopathic balls.

Sixteen Saltines
08-28-2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsixWMdScUI

Can I just marry this man already? D:

Manichaeist
08-28-2012, 09:51 PM
I pulled my name from an obscure Amy Grant b-side

Mugwump
08-28-2012, 09:52 PM
It sounds cool.

brian219
08-28-2012, 10:00 PM
My name is Brian and I was born on 2/19. Deep.

Mugwump
08-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Did I answer already?

brian219
08-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Did I answer already?

Does it matter? It's pretty obviously a juxtaposition of Llama, an animal, and Lama, a Tibetan Buddhist priest, like the Dalai Lama. I always thought it was pretty clever.

Mugwump
08-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Oh.

Whisky And Speed
08-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Well, in 1995 MM & Twiggy had an interview with a magazine and it was never published and it was latter published in Manson's autobiography. At this interview twiggy was stoned to the bone and he kept saying " I need whisky and speed, whisky and speed". When I read this phrase I said FUCKING YES, that could be a nice username for me to use at any Manson forum and that's because I like Twiggy during this period, stoned most of the time speaking in an incoherent manner and I miss this attitude from him, lol. Also, I like to drink good Scottish whisky, but it has been two months away since my last shot of whisky, guess I had sobered up to make my diet successful because having a pint destroys any good diet and to have more energy for working out.

brian219
08-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Well, in 1995 MM & Twiggy had an interview with a magazine and it was never published and it was latter published in Manson's autobiography. At this interview twiggy was stoned to the bone and he kept saying " I need whisky and speed, whisky and speed". When I read this phrase I said FUCKING YES, that could be a nice username for me to use at any Manson forum and that's because I like Twiggy during this period, stoned most of the time speaking in an incoherent manner and I miss this attitude from him, lol. Also, I like to drink good Scottish whisky, but it has been two months away since my last shot of whisky, guess I had sobered up to make my diet successful because having a pint destroys any good diet and to have more energy for working out.

But he said "WHISKEY and speed!"

Mugwump
08-28-2012, 10:56 PM
LOL @ "stoned to the bone".

AssetReign
08-28-2012, 11:14 PM
But he said "WHISKEY and speed!"

You know it's "Whisky A Go Go," not "Whiskey A Go Go," right?

Dellamore
08-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Got it off the Italian movie "Dellamorte Dellamore" or "Of Death, of Love".

Scentless Apprentice
08-29-2012, 03:09 AM
http://youtu.be/IzpZ_LVy760

Celiny-O
08-29-2012, 03:33 AM
^ <3

FeedYourHead
08-29-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm sure mine doesn't need any explanation - but just in case, go ask Alice.

twiggysrabies
08-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I was showing my cousin this shot of Twiggy:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb302/twiggysrabies/l_9a4a326445f20be76706307a47bebba3.jpg

Her first reaction was, "Holy hell, he's got rabies." So I'd mentioned that I liked those rabies. And she called me twiggy's rabies. And it stuck. The end.

iggy
08-30-2012, 06:50 AM
iggy is short for ig88ftw, my former Xbox Live Gamertag. IG-88 being one of the bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett's nemesis, and at one point the the fucking Death Star.

I specifically chose IG-88 because he took control of the galaxy's largest droid manufacturing plant and buried a directive to destroy all biological life in the galaxy deep in the programming of every droid. Since I hate everyone and everything, it seemed appropriate.

Sputnik
08-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Sputnik, because outer space and MOTHER RUSSIA.

Hahah, but seriously, a friend who loves space nicknamed me that because I am Russian.
I thought it was cute, and I was getting pretty sick of being pebbles on all the forums I was on… :)

AssetReign
08-30-2012, 08:00 AM
My username is a tongue in cheek play on words related to how I make a living.

adamchabbi6
08-30-2012, 08:18 AM
I think its clearly obvious why I chose "adamchabbi6."

My full name is obviously Adam Chabbi and I put 6 at the end because my birthday is "September 6th." So that is how I came up with the idea for my username.

I wish I came up with something more creative but I had no ideas at the time.

Shangri-LIE
08-30-2012, 08:23 AM

My full name is obviously Adam Chabbi and I put 6 at the end because my birthday is "September 6th." So that is how I came up with the idea for my username.

I wish I came up with something more creative but I had no ideas at the time.

Put in a name change request. If I may suggest something? I'd suggest that you change it to AdamDangerously. It sounds cool.

The Empirical Guy
08-30-2012, 05:29 PM

My full name is obviously Adam Chabbi and I put 6 at the end because my birthday is "September 6th."

This then beggars the question why you didn't take the opportunity to name yourself "adamchabbi69".

Golden Eel
08-30-2012, 05:33 PM
This then beggars the question why you didn't take the opportunity to name yourself "adamchabbi69".

You must have misread. He said he was born on September 6th, not June 9th.

Shangri-LIE
08-30-2012, 05:54 PM

He suggested AdamChabbi69, not AdamChabbi9. He was suggesting that he could have ended his user name with 69 instead of 6 because that'd be perverted and funny. The 69 is a sex act where the two participants form a "69" with their genitals to each others faces so that they can both stimulate each other orally.

Terrapin
08-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Y'all are baffled over this? The initial comment was made because over in European nations, and Australia, September 6th is written 6/9. Hoping the above comments were jokes and I fell for them horribly.

08-30-2012, 06:04 PM
SHUT UP ALREADY!

Mugwump
08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
At least now Adam Chabbi knows what a 69 is.

-_-

AssetReign
08-30-2012, 09:23 PM

You're so American. :)

Golden Eel
08-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Y'all are baffled over this? The initial comment was made because over in European nations, and Australia, September 6th is written 6/9. Hoping the above comments were jokes and I fell for them horribly.

You're so American. :)

http://i.imgur.com/9LejO.jpg

Shangri-LIE
08-30-2012, 10:15 PM
You're welcome.

The Empirical Guy
08-31-2012, 07:30 AM
Silly Americans. The only people that need more advice on dating methods than adamchabbi.

Username
08-31-2012, 08:16 AM
I dont think I can contribute to this discussion very much.

I just think I started to appreciate being anonymous on the internet.

Every forum I use has a different user name, no facebook and twitter account nobody I know knows about.

Shangri-LIE
08-31-2012, 01:37 PM
and then there's maude

blue angel
08-31-2012, 07:26 PM
I really like the movie and it was the first thought in a name that came to my mind.

Thylacinus cynocephalus
08-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Just named after the latin name for me favourite animal,the Thylacine/Tasmanian Tiger. As for the 'Madame X' I just like the way it sounds