PDA

View Full Version : Devil

Mi-CroMartie
07-17-2010, 12:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBgpmNFD6xM

Said to be the 1st film of yes, M. Night Shyamalan's Night Chronicles that features HIS own horror flicks. Think I'll give it a try to watch this one. I'll try to forget he ruined Airbender shit on this.

Looks good to me. I liked how the elevator and the devil mixed well together. It's like a literal meaning of an expressway to Hell itself...

Shyamalan's only a writer and producer on this one.

secretsquirrely
07-17-2010, 03:26 AM
Looks decent I guess. I'm loving the concept and it's good to see Shyamalan go back to his roots and stick with horror. I've liked just about everything he has done so far. I haven't seen Airbender, but I fucking loathe the cartoon so I'm sure the movie will be fine for me. I know he's not directing this, but at least he's on the story side of things.

Only thing I'm not digging is the acting thus far in this trailer. It comes off a little B-movie.

But, check out this sick poster:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/photosizer/timthumb.php?src=/photosizer/upload/devilhires071410.jpg&w=600&zc=0

Mi-CroMartie
08-19-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/photosizer/timthumb.php?src=/photosizer/upload/devil080210.jpg&w=600&zc=0

New poster.. Said to be "blasphemous." Can't wait.

Dronepool
08-19-2010, 07:46 PM
I like the trailer and concept.

21Faces
08-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Doesn't everyone have this backwards? Shyamalan is a phenomenal director, but a shitty writer. His movies all look fantastic, they have an almost incomparable sense of tone, emotion, intensity, everything is there. He gets fantastic performances by great actors, the thing that tanks his movies is the shitty, shitty writing. The Village, Lady in the Water, and The Happening were all fucking stupid because no amount of talented direction can save a ridiculous story- unless story doesn't matter (or even need to exist) because you're someone like Michael Bay.

Shyamalan should be directing other peoples' material- but not silliness like Airbender. The American remake of Let the Right One In is the kind of opportunity he should seize to prove to everyone he knows what he's doing behind a camera. Too late for that one, but hopefully he figures it out. This "Devil" business does not interest me in the least. Also, I'm not a big fan of Tak Fujimoto.

Mi-CroMartie
08-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Let the Right One In remake?!?! Nooo! He should stick to cheap b-horror stuff..

love_lolita
08-19-2010, 08:34 PM
XD i went and saw Scott Pilgrim twice, and each time when they played the trailer, the crowd was into it...until it said M. Night Shyamalan. then EVEVRYONE started cracking up. it was amazing. =]

21Faces
08-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Let the Right One In remake?!?! Nooo! He should stick to cheap b-horror stuff..
They shot the remake here in my state. People I've talked to said it turned out really well, but the trailer didn't impress me.

@lolita, his credibility is totally shot, lol.

Dellamore
09-04-2010, 06:38 AM
I wonder what the twist will be?

secretsquirrely
09-04-2010, 01:47 PM
^probably M. Night waking up and being like " oh thank god it's just a dream. imagine if I made that into a movie, it might actually be good...can't have that!" Just to please the haters heh

VelvetAIDS
09-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Just got back from seeing it. It's actually not half bad. Not total shit like you'd expect.

Mugwump
04-19-2012, 09:36 AM
I thought it was kinda fucked up that the black guy ended up being the Devil.

Racist.