PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

love_lolita
08-11-2010, 12:28 PM
This movie is just fantastic. I went to a special advanced screening, and the movie blew me away from start to finish. Edgar Wright impressed me even more than he did with Shaun of the Dead. It kept everyone laughing throughout the whole thing. If you like video games, laughing, men, or women, you must see it. Definately a one-of-a-kind movie. I have never seen anything like it. Of course, I read the books already. But you really don't need to read the books to get the story. Mostly because it's almost word-for-word until Volume 6.

So basically, references from Pac-Man, Seinfield, every fighting game, 80's, 90's, Japanese dragons, vegans, Smashing Pumpkins, and above-average looking men and women, make this the greatest movie i have honestly ever seen in my 17 years of life. Go see it on Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjt4vhSqtFQ

keyboards
08-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I saw an advanced screening too...and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The girl is pretty damn cute as well ad the music rocks.

Dronepool
08-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I might download it when it's out on DVD but other than that this movie has no real appeal to me. I just dislike romance themes as the "center". I know it's more than that and all the pop culture references sound nice, hell I like video games and pop cultures references but eh like I mentioned before, I don't find much interest in what seems the center of the plot- falling for "that girl" and fighting her ex boyfriends.

ThreeEyedGod
08-13-2010, 03:22 AM
It seems forced.

Ludwig
08-13-2010, 07:48 AM
It seems forced.

It's awkward and trying to hard, but that's because it's about awkward young adults trying to hard.

Not Mechanical
08-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Saw the trailer for this the last few times I was the the cinema, quite want to check it out, though it's not my highest priority.

love_lolita
08-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I just dislike romance themes as the "center". ... I don't find much interest in what seems the center of the plot- falling for "that girl" and fighting her ex boyfriends.

well, while it does have to do with a romance, they manage to do it so its not like a teen movie romance, and not serious and dramatic. its just funny.

Dronepool
08-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Eh I know there is a twist to it and it isn't super typical but still teen romance or any romance plot isn't something I like very much. They should make one where the guy fails, that I could relate to more and there is no happy ending ;) now that would be something new and a bit easier to relate to because not everybody wins in the end and goes from awkward loser to awesome cool guy at the end.

In most movies the romantic subplot is usually my least favorite part of the movie so seeing a movie that's based around that doesn't excite me or anything . I'm sure its a decent movie I just don't really have much desire to see it on my own will at this time.

Ludwig
08-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Eh I know there is a twist to it and it isn't super typical but still teen romance or any romance plot isn't something I like very much. They should make one where the guy fails, that I could relate to more and there is no happy ending ;) now that would be something new and a bit easier to relate to because not everybody wins in the end and goes from awkward loser to awesome cool guy at the end.

That's what happens in Kick-Ass and I was annoyed when the movie was given a Hollywood happy ending.

Dronepool
08-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, totally. it was very typical of them to do that.

The Kick-Ass movie was good but the comic was better.

Zsa Zsa
08-14-2010, 08:17 PM
My girlfriend and I are going to go see this on Tuesday, and then we're going to Cold Stone. <3

kalim123
08-17-2012, 01:07 PM
I know this thread is so old but I love the movie and the comics & I want to talk about it.

iggy
08-17-2012, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpg9ndc0dpo

kalim123
08-18-2012, 09:44 AM
I need to get the game!!!!!