PDA

View Full Version : How You Wear It. Fashionista program...

Allycat
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Had watched 2 episodes of this series with a friend. The host of the thing is a rather ghetto fashion monger who feels that she has all the answers for people when it comes to their personal fashion choices.

I truly felt bad for the 'steam punk' woman who was exhorted to change how she dressed. The clothes she wore sort of defined her. What chilled me was how she did a 180 and loved the clothes that were chosen for her at the end. Geez, are the hapless victims of this show brainwashed. You know, maybe sleep deprivation and a low protein diet, lol? On a serious note, though, I find this show truly obnoxious. I do get a kick out of What Not To Wear as Stacy does mean well, and she seems like a truly nice person, with a great sense of humor.

What the idiots on the former show didn't seem to understand that there is such a thing as anti fashion. And long may it live...

Edit: I had the title of the show incorrect.

The Empirical Guy
08-25-2010, 12:51 AM
huh, yeah. I know what you mean. On that What Not To Wear and other similar shows, they often make them look worse, I think. They have very little concept of dressing for the person, I'm sure they're paid by designers or stores to just feature their clothes at the person's expense.

Mary
09-02-2010, 04:56 AM
I hate t.v shows like that. When I was younger I used to watch a similar program with my mum and she was pushing me to go on (when I used to dress all gawthic). I obviously didn't, and I'm very happy for that. These people must present themselves in a certain way for a reason, whether it is to express themselves or for comfort, which I don't think either of those are bad. If they want change they should develop themselves, not go on some lame t.v show and be force fed an image entirely different from their true identity.