PDA

View Full Version : 360 degree view inside the Sistine Chapel (and hi-res so you can zoom in clearly)

Norsefire
10-04-2010, 09:25 AM
http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

Just saw this on Twitter, thought it was quite cool, so I'm sharing it on here.

ShelfLife
10-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing this!

Perfect timing too, my mother and I were just talking about our visit to the Sistine Chapel yesterday. We went about 4 years ago, and whilst we were wandering around, heads craned upwards, my sister (12 at the time) suddenly grabbed my dad's hands and whispered strickenly, "But what if it's all bullshit?"

Probably the opposite effect of what the Vatican intended, to inspire doubt and disbelief in opposed to wonder and unquestioning-faith. :P

Sputnik
10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Woah.... this kinda blew me away...
you can even see the tiles on the floor, and all the pretty paintings...

love_lolita
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
James has been there. Grr.

Allycat
10-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Love Lolita: I love your animated signature pic. Even saved it to the ol iPad....

Will take a gander at the sitine chapel link.

As for the bullshit comment: I kinda empathize. Sometimes, I catch myself thinking thus.

Hexon.Arq
10-06-2010, 12:47 PM
The effect in person is slightly marred by being packed in a shuffling line with a bunch of sweaty people who have been standing around for upwards of an hour to get inside. I think I like it better on the Internet.

Melsinfield
10-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I just made myself sick by spinning it round at an ungodly speed! Literally sick! Well, nearly. It was fun though.