PDA

View Full Version : Winnie the Pooh 2011

secretsquirrely
11-12-2010, 01:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCqspczvg8o

I'm so glad Disney is returning to proper animation again.

Hexon.Arq
11-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Hasn't Disney done enough goddamn Pooh movies yet?

secretsquirrely
11-12-2010, 10:37 AM
yes but this is their first real Pooh film since the original in the 80s. This is actually based off of the stories in the book. So basically, whatever stories were left out of the first film, they will be featured here. This sounds very promising to me since keeping with the original story will ensure a sort of magic that Pooh has not had in years.

And I still say just be happy that when we're getting garbage like Cars 2 from Disney, they're still thinking about what made them good in the first place.

ShelfLife
11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
yes but this is their first real Pooh film since the original in the 80s.

Lies! What about The Tigger Movie, Piglet's Big Movie, that Heffalump film, and Pooh's Grand Adventure (which made me both bawl and laugh hysterically when I saw it). I mean, I love Pooh, but I really wish they were breaking new frontiers, instead of running the poor bear into the ground with all these constant films.

Disney were at their best when they were doing their really deep movies in the Disney Renaissance, like the Lion King, Tarzan, Little Mermaid, Hunchback of Notre Dame. These films were epics, with big themes, big camera angles, and big emotions. I've never really felt quite right about applying that same amount of epicness to something as sweet and sentimental as Winnie the Pooh.