PDA

View Full Version : Community

Shangri-LIE
12-29-2010, 10:16 AM
This is perhaps one of my favorite TV programs of all time.

Cast;

Joel Mchale
Danny Pudi
Donald Glover
Gillian Jacobs
Alison Brie - (My nuerotic Jewish dream girl)
Chevy Chase - (I don't care, I've always been a fan no matter how generic you brand his roles)
Yvette Nicole Brown
Ken Jeong

It also has a reccurring role by John Oliver, who is my favorite correspondant on The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart.

It airs at 8 PM EST Thursdays on NBC here in the states. In Australia you can see it at 9:30 PM on GO!
In the UK you can view on Tuesdays at 10 PM on Viva

I highly encourage you to watch this program. It is off the hook, and is at least here in the States gaining a cult following, so give it a shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcD_Y838DXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj-J_NKiqlY

LOLLIPOPS

Hazekiah
12-29-2010, 10:08 PM
I'll second that recommendation.

I don't watch a lot of T.V. since I don't have one at the moment and basically have to borrow time on other people's T.V.s to see anything...but I'd heard good stuff about it and checked out a couple episodes recently when I'd noticed a pal had a few of 'em ready to go and it was pretty entertaining.

Not even REMOTELY close to being a realistic portrayal of community college, mind you, but still a fun show.

And the guy from "The Soup" being one of the stars of the cast (and producer) was kind of a turn-off, but he plays a bit of a douche so it ends up working well, lol.

;)

Oh, and the stop motion animated Christmas Special episode pretty much has INSTANT CLASSIC written all over it.

Even if you can't get with the rest of the show I'd suggest at least checkin' THAT one out.

Dronepool
12-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Is that chick who kisses that dude the girl who plays George Lopez daughter on the Lopez Show?

ShelfLife
12-30-2010, 03:01 AM
I really don't watch a lot of television, and certainly not this vein of comedy...but this show makes me laugh like nothing else. Abed is now my favourite character of all time, and I recommend this show to everyone I know.

Shangri-LIE
12-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Haz - I was the same way for a while. It took time to grow on me because it is a new show, and it was all about watching the writing, and the characters develope and mesh together. So, keep watching, it's only going to get more ridiculous. The Stop Motion Christmas IS a classic. I think there is a new episode tonight actually.

Drone - No, That is Alison Brie. She Plays Trudy Campbell on Mad Men, and as a matter of fact started her acting career off on Hannah Montana. lol

Shelflife -

Abed is indeed the man. I love the Troy/Abed tandum. I love all of the characters because they intertwine so well even though they are all completley different personalities. My favorite character however is Annie. Not just because she is hot and I want to bone her, but because she seems so sweet and innocent, but is nuerotic, and has a dark side that comes out in such a hilarious way.

Zsa Zsa
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
I've been following this show since the pilot. I love it so damn much.

<3

ShelfLife
01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Let's get some conversation rolling - what, in your opinion, is the best scene in the series (so far)?

Mine is the chase through the Blanket Fort. The sheer epicness of the Blanket Fort itself (ie, the Turkish District), plus, how do you carry off a dramatic chase whilst crawling on hands + feet in your pyjamas...honestly, it's the highlight of the entire series for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAPxPPEb5q4

That said, special mention goes to this little scene - I laughed like a lunatic the first time I saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfogZiV2YHk

Shangri-LIE
01-11-2011, 07:24 AM
The Blanket Fort IS epic.

Some others that come to mind, there are many others, but these scenes just come to mind.

The conspiracy scene where Annie, Jeff, Proffessor Duncan, and Professor Proffesorson are in the study room shooting eachother with prop guns, and it backfires horribly on all of them.

The Trampoline

When the class discovers that Senor Chang is not really a professor, and Chang is on top of Jeffs car vandalizing it with his Keytar.

The Food fight in the cafeteria vs. the High Schoolers and the song that scored that scene.