PDA

View Full Version : The hollowing wind echoing through me

Shangri-LIE
12-29-2010, 06:42 PM
I've been eaten full of holes. Some dug, some shot into myself. Some shot, others dug by others, but they're all the same. I'll never find another lover, no matter who I wait for, no matter how long I try to keep my eyes open through this rot. No one is reaching for me. In this coffin, waiting for a hand to pull on me.

I can hear people laughing. I can hear people kissing. Yet I can see only my entombment. My soul is a thrall. My body is a chandelier that's been distinguished by a crashing ceiling onto a flooded floor. I'd look up for a way out, but my eyes are just concaved marbles now. There's a wind echoing through me that I can't even feel. All I can do lay here as I sink into a never ending fall.

There is nothing. There is nothing now. No friends or foes. Life and death are obsolete and there's just me. Nothing is changing. There is nowhere to go. There is nothing to do. No seasons to change, no more places to grow. No time is ticking, no light is flickering. It's just the wind and me, and I am cancering.

I am cancering. No seasons are changing, with no where else to go.

My soul is a thrall. My body is a chandelier that's been distinguished by a crashing ceiling onto a flooded floor. I'd look up for a way out, but my eyes are just concaved marbles now. There's a wind echoing through me that I can't even feel. All I can do lay here as I sink into a never ending fall.

Alexandra
12-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Very few poems manage to make me feel anything but yours did. I really like it. I'm trying to find words to describe this feeling but I'm speechless.

Edit: This is amazing, for the past 20 minutes or so I've been thinking how much I wish I could paint the visuals I created in my head while reading, but I can't because I should be doing something else now. This sudden drive to paint something is so overwhelming.

Shangri-LIE
12-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks "Ms. Andra" - lol

To be honest, I wrote this out last night in about 10 minutes, and those were really my thoughts, and not an attempt at prose. There's a lot that even people in my life around me don't know, and I won't talk about it in here. This writing just sums up exactly how I feel in my life at the moment. I've had my heart broken a lot, and lost a lot of good friends/family etc ... and can say that this is perhaps the most lonely, and desolate that I've ever felt in my life. It means a lot that someone, you, read it and tried to capture the atmosphere of it. As I said. It's exactly how I feel, it's awful, and I wouldn't wish anyone to have to be in my position. So, thanks again doll! It means a lot! :)