PDA

View Full Version : Scott Putesky (Daisy Berkowitz) Internet Radio Interview 01-02-11

Dronepool
01-12-2011, 02:16 AM
By a fellow former Phanter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdxqtXfRJhs

These are some excerpts from my long-form interview with Scott Putesky. For this video I've clipped some of the discussion about Marilyn Manson, but the full interview covers everything from his childhood to his most current projects and future plans. The full interview can be found at...

www.blogtalkradio.com/thestatichour

Norsefire
01-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks for posting. It was nice to hear some of that stuff, some of it I've heard him mention before but it's still interesting. Shame he didn't talk about how he would of made ACSS better, I don't know how he would of done that.

The Empirical Guy
01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Thanks for posting, it's a good interview... but yeah, if he's got ideas on how to make ACSS better, he should feel free to share them. Ironically although he was saying it was that point Manson began to take a great say in things than the band, it's sounds like by "better" he means "more like I wanted".

Cringeon
01-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for sharing. I definitely don't agree with the guy on his views, it honestly just seems like they just wanted different things out of the band. Scott doesn't at all seem into the deeper level of things, and wanted to keep it more light hearted - which I think would have worked the band into not being able to redefine themselves as Manson had and probably would have shortened their career. And TR's Portrait is much better than the original FL cut, definitely didn't agree with Scott their either.

Christina
01-13-2011, 01:41 PM
This guy sounds downright arrogant! I don't think I've ever heard him speak without cringing. I hope this doesn't offend his fans, but JESUS what a dick!

vht
03-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks for this. Very interesting interview. I really wish Manson and him would reconcile their differences and get back together. Yeah I know hell will freeze over before that ever happens, but IMO his songwriting and guitar style was the best the band ever had.

TrainWreck96
03-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi everyone, I am the host of the show. Very few of my listeners are Manson fans, so it's nice to see my edited youtube clip has found its way onto some Manson sites and has gotten positive feedback. I'd recommend everyone listen to the entire interview which is about an hour long. The full interview chronologically goes through Scott's life and music career. He talks very candidly and honestly about his days before, during and after Manson. There's much more Manson discussion aside from that short youtube clip, some of which I found quite surprising.

ThreeEyedGod
03-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks for posting. It was nice to hear some of that stuff, some of it I've heard him mention before but it's still interesting. Shame he didn't talk about how he would of made ACSS better, I don't know how he would of done that.

I think Smells Like Children(the song) almost makes me believe him.

<3 Daisy and think he was one of the most important members.

edit: would have loved to have listened to Portrait without the influence of Trent's sticky fingers.

Cringeon
03-24-2011, 04:08 AM
You can - the pre-Trent version of that album has floated around for a few years. It's really much weaker compared to the final version.

ThreeEyedGod
03-24-2011, 02:31 PM
You can - the pre-Trent version of that album has floated around for a few years. It's really much weaker compared to the final version.

Wow, I'll have to hunt that down.

edit: Well I tried to find but could not...is this shareable on here??