PDA

View Full Version : Child's Play remake...

Mi-CroMartie
01-14-2011, 03:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTvqTjiKFkM

If Chucky is gonna be CGI on this, count me out... I prefer stop motion puppet animation rather than a lazy-ass CGI..

And Fuck this movie if it's released in 3-D.

Emma
01-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Noooooooooooo!

Seriously Hollywood get some new fucking ideas!

spaceSuicide
01-14-2011, 11:17 AM
garbage, I'm not even going to waste my time.

Angeles
01-14-2011, 03:33 PM
That trailer looks like a shitty piece if fan work.

From what I've found online, Don Mancini and David Kirshner, the writer and producer of the original are helming this reboot, with Mancini both writing and directing. Brad Dourif has stated that he will be reprising the role of Chucky.

If the people responsible for the start of the franchise are in control of this new installment, it might not be a completely horrible thing, especially when compared with most reboots in which the creators have little to no input in the project.
If they have a darker story to tell this might be the only way to do it, they kinda painted themselves into a corner with the way the series moved into a more comedic realm with Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky.
It would be an extremely difficult task to try to turn to a more dark and serious tone after following the continuity of the last couple of movies.

In this instance I'm not completely against this, but I am 100% against any CGI being used for Chucky at all.
The dolls used in the previous movies looked pretty bad in some instances and didn't appear real, or even that convincing at times, at all, but then they aren't supposed to because Chucky is a doll.

gabrieltoxic
01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
There are come interviews and statements from both Mancini and Dourif on http://www.bloddy-disgusting.com, and as of right now there's no movie. Mancini has been working on a new script, which he said has a darker and more serious tone to it. He also stated at one point that none of the kills and set pieces used would be the same as they were in the original, but that they planned to have Brad Dourif reprise his role as the voice of Chucky, as well as Charles Lee Ray in human form.
There was also talk of redesigning Chucky, but I think they made it pretty clear they have no intention of doing it with CGI.

According to Mancini, the rebbot idea came basically because they had nowhere to go after Seed, and because he wanted to bring Chucky back to his horror roots.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Oh, and that trailer is clearly fan-made. Not bad, though.

Dronepool
01-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Well, it better be rated R or.... I'll watch it without giving the studios involved any money.

Christina
01-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Noooooooooooo!

Seriously Hollywood get some new fucking ideas!

Thaaaank you!