PDA

View Full Version : William S. Burroughs: A Man Within

Hazekiah
01-20-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm going to see the Chicago premiere of this and CAN'T FUCKING WAIT. Q&A with the director afterwards, too. Not to mention the party I guess he's hosting at a local gay dance club, Berlin. Fun, fun, fun!

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQhh5Cn7fo

Sure would be awesome if Fix (The Ministry Movie) sees release this year, too...I'd bet it would be a nice companion to this.

S.Hal0mega.B
01-20-2011, 03:21 PM
SWEEET awesomeness.. A must see

Hazekiah
02-08-2011, 08:28 AM
^ CONFIRMED.

:)

It's a pretty damned good overview of him as a person...definitely recommended. Pretty impressive list of talking heads, too.

The stop motion animated interludes/chapter breaks were fantastic and completely unexpected, too.

Got to meet the director, Yony Leyser, afterward and he seemed like a very genuine and sweet guy. Not to mention talented, of course! Really friendly, approachable, and down-to-earth, though...I asked him to sign the awesome poster for the premiere party at Berlin and it totally made his night, lol.

I made a point of wearing my favorite Local H band shirt to the show too and I'm pretty sure he got the joke.

;)

Anyway, I'm no WSB scholar or anything but I've read a LOT by and about him and the movie still surprised me with plenty of things I didn't know.

Probably could've used a slightly stronger ending and I might've preferred a bit more insight about Burroughs actual WORK in addition to all the discussion about the man himself...but then his career wasn't really the intended focus of the movie anyway and what it DID do it did well so no real complaints there.

Not to mention the fact that it's basically a student film. Pretty impressive for first major effort for a new filmmaker, very interested to see what he does next.

DEFINITELY buying the DVD a.s.a.p.

And here's my footage of the 20 minute Q&A after the film's Chicago debut, for anyone who's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J4o2xOerII

(Yes, that's me fumbling through the final question, lol.)

Some interesting and funny stuff in there...enjoy!

S.Hal0mega.B
02-09-2011, 06:32 AM
^ CONFIRMED.

:)

It's a pretty damned good overview of him as a person...definitely recommended. Pretty impressive list of talking heads, too.

The stop motion animated interludes/chapter breaks were fantastic and completely unexpected, too.

Got to meet the director, Yony Leyser, afterward and he seemed like a very genuine and sweet guy. Not to mention talented, of course! Really friendly, approachable, and down-to-earth, though...I asked him to sign the awesome poster for the premiere party at Berlin and it totally made his night, lol.

I made a point of wearing my favorite Local H band shirt to the show too and I'm pretty sure he got the joke.

;)

Anyway, I'm no WSB scholar or anything but I've read a LOT by and about him and the movie still surprised me with plenty of things I didn't know.

Probably could've used a slightly stronger ending and I might've preferred a bit more insight about Burroughs actual WORK in addition to all the discussion about the man himself...but then his career wasn't really the intended focus of the movie anyway and what it DID do it did well so no real complaints there.

Not to mention the fact that it's basically a student film. Pretty impressive for first major effort for a new filmmaker, very interested to see what he does next.

DEFINITELY buying the DVD a.s.a.p.

And here's my footage of the 20 minute Q&A after the film's Chicago debut, for anyone who's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J4o2xOerII

(Yes, that's me fumbling through the final question, lol.)

Some interesting and funny stuff in there...enjoy!

Awesome, that sounds great. It's the type of student film i aspire and will make [not to preach my ego, just a method of overcoming self-consciousness] during college. Will watch the QandA asap

Seņor Pinche
03-24-2011, 11:47 PM
This is awesome! I definitely need to see it! Seriously one of the greatest writers ever!