PDA

View Full Version : Popular Unlikely

Ulysses Black
05-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I wrote this many moons ago, was doing some digging around and found it. I wrote this originally in a song style format, had music that I had written to put it to and so on and so forth. However I never got around to actually recording it, but perhaps in the near future I just might. It will be my [November Rain] Haha.
_

She hasn't bought a year book since the 9th grade, why would she want pictures of all those that she hates? Now it's only 3 weeks until graduation, so she borrows one from a half-ass friend out of morbid fascination.

Flipping through the book 10 pages at a time, finally reaches her photograph and stares wild-eyed at the underlying paragraph ... it say's:

"Voted popular unlikely for the 3rd year in a row, this beats the old record set back in nineteen ninety four. Popular Unlikely is most likely to never amount to anything, so let's all give 3 hooray's for our new unpopular queen."

She lit a cigarette with her last match, ripped out the page and set the book on fire, tossed it in the trash. With tears streaming down her face she just walked away, saying that she'll prove them wrong when she becomes somebody some day.

Now sitting in her room looking at the page she taped upon her wall, talking a pull from a stolen whiskey bottle she screams "It's happening all over again, fuck them all! Somewhere out there is a place for me, away from all this bullshit known as popularity. And when I find it I'm never coming back again ..." then the bottle shatters on the floor out of her frustration, because she was ...

Voted popular unlikely for the 3rd year in a row, this beats the old record set back in nineteen ninety four. Popular Unlikely is most likely to never amount to anything, so let's all give 3 hooray's for our new unpopular queen.

Now it's 48 hours before the big night, she's preparing for the worst by putting the final touches on her preemptive strike.

She's got everything squared away, the letters written out and all the phone calls made. Hugged her little sister and told her "Now everything will be ok."

"Welcome graduates, we're proud of you one and all" smiling at the sign as she walks into the auditorium hall. Looking around at the crowd, she understands what she's been after all this time can't be found ... and then she takes her seat and thinks "They're gonna be sorry now for voting me ..."

Popular unlikely for the 3rd year in a row, this beats the old record set back in nineteen ninety four. Popular Unlikely is most likely to never amount to anything, so let's all give 3 hooray's for our new unpopular queen.

Finally the time has come for the calling of the names, she hears hers and stands up turns around and starts to wave. Taking a strange pleasure from the confused looks on the others face.

Walking up the stairs she goes past the principle to the podium on the stage, opens her graduation gown to reveal the explosive device and blows them all away.

Then the police arrive to her home, laying on the coffee table was a envelope ... they took the letter out and this is what she wrote:

"They voted me popular unlikely 3 times in a row ... did you know that beat the old record set by my big brother when I was the age of two ... 15 years ago?

He pinned the year book page to his shirt just before he put the barrel under his chin, so if you're reading this it means we both got our revenge.

I could only imagine what "now" they'll say about me ... but I'm willing to bet they will think twice before voting someone else "popular unlikely."
_

UB.