PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. EatYourGod

Hazekiah
05-07-2011, 04:32 PM
It is with immense shock and grief that I must regrettably inform you of the tragic and untimely death of Mark, a.k.a. EatYourGod, formerly of the Heirophant.

We have been close personal friends online and in person since 2003-04 and news of today's loss could not be more heartbreaking or unexpected.

I know he had many friends and acquaintances here from his time on the 'Phant, so I just thought I should share the news where so many who adored him as well as I have might be able to find it. Throughout the last several hours we've been trying to piece together what's happened and contact those closest to him over the phone but we simply don't know everyone's numbers and he had so many online friends that I hope you'll excuse the intrusion but I just don't know how else to get the word out as effectively as this beyond the calls we've already made.

Words cannot express the depth of my love for Mark or my sorrow in sharing this development with you.

Details are scarce, but we know it was not an accident and that the news has been confirmed by his grief-stricken family. I don't know how much would be appropriate to share here and I honestly don't know much yet myself, so suffice it to say that he had apparently been very emotionally distraught and had gone missing over the last week until today, when his body had finally been recovered.

In the process of breaking the news to those I've reached, I've been trying to help make some good come of it and asking that anyone with any fond memories, saved images or posts of his, or condolences to express please collect and share them so that we can pull them together for some kind of tribute/memorial page in the days/weeks/months that follow. We don't even have that place or format determined yet, but I will personally see to it that any such submissions find their way there and thank you sincerely for anything you might be able to contribute.

I'll be sure to post any pertinent updates and links and news from his loved ones as it comes in as well.

Very sorry to break the news like this, but, in advance, thank you all for anything you wish to share.

I miss you and love you, Mark...words cannot express how much.

<3

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/5652/ninasig.jpg

Cringeon
05-07-2011, 04:45 PM
God damn - just saw the posts from Jack and Erik. Fucking heart wrenching :'(
Thanks for posting about this, it is important to let those who knew him know.

I'm not sure if I have anything saved, but I'm going to dig around tonight and see what I can find.

Keep us posted if you hear more.

Posted from my BlackBerry

Mi-CroMartie
05-07-2011, 05:34 PM
How the fuck did he die? Suicide? Drug overdose? car accident? :(

Godspeed, Mark.

Ulysses Black
05-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't know the guy but either ways thats fucked up. I am mournful for his family and those who knew him.

The Empirical Guy
05-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Wow. This was very unexpected. I never spoke to him or knew him personally, but I remember seeing his posts on the 'phant and on Babalon when I visit there. Very sad news, and my deepest condolences to you Haz, and all his other friends and family.

Shangri-LIE
05-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I remember him. What the hell happened? That's some sad shit man. R.I.P. Mark

ImNotJesus
05-07-2011, 06:15 PM
So horrible to hear about :(

My condolences to everybody who knew him.

x

-INJ

S1NN3R
05-07-2011, 06:55 PM
As someone who was very close to Mark for a brief period of time, it breaks my heart to hear this news. Mark still holds the honor of being one of the most interesting, amazing, and caring people I've ever had the pleasure to get to know and he will most definitely be missed. RIP Mark.

ShelfLife
05-07-2011, 07:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear we have lost a member of the Heirophant/Provider Module family. My deepest condolences to those who knew him and mourn for him.

TrainWreck96
05-07-2011, 07:31 PM
It is extremely upsetting knowing that someone who appeared to have it all together would meet such an untimely and tragic end. When I heard of the news this afternoon I drove aimlessly for over an hour in complete silence. This is very shocking and sad news. Rest in peace, Mark.

CellarOwl
05-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Very sad. He always came across really cool online, and I'm sure I'd have enjoyed his company had we ever been able to meet. Awesome taste in tunes, too. Out of respect for Mark and those who knew him, I don't feel it's necessary to broadcast the details behind the how-or-why's right now--but maybe that's just me. While this all still being sorted and those close to him are being contacted, I think all the rest of us need to know is that the world just lost someone who was pretty decent, that's sad enough in itself.

Barbarella
05-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Mark was one of the most intelligent, most cultured, gentle, generous and funny people I had the pleasure of knowing through the internet. We talked many times and I am in total shock to read this news. My sincerest sympathies go out to all his family and friends,

Mark, I hope you are at peace.

Will miss you.

Haz, please pass on my condolences.

Lord MeowMeow
05-08-2011, 03:55 AM
I didn't know him, but remember well his posts at the Heirophant, as he seemed like a really nice and incredibly intelligent guy. Very, very sad to hear, and my condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace.

Emma
05-08-2011, 04:22 AM
This was very sad news to read coming online. I didn't really know him except for remembering his posts on the Phant. So I can't add anymore than anyone else has except to say I want to give my sincere condolences to everyone this affects and my thoughts are with his family and friends, both online and offline. It's always sad when a member of the community is lost and it reminds me why so many of us come to forums like this - not just because of a shared interest but because of the friends we make.

Norsefire
05-08-2011, 06:37 AM
This is really sad news. I didn't know him as well as some of you, but I remember him being on the 'phant and he always came across as a really nice person and if I remember right he was good at photography.

__
[Haz, I fixed the link to the image in your post, don't know why it wasn't showing up, but I opened the image on its own and linked to that url instead]

05-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for letting us know Haz. I talked to EYG quite a bit back on the phant, he was a great guy. I remember he kept PM'ing me pictures of squids and other sea creatures knowing I hated them. I didn't hear anything about him after the phant, untill today :(
Thats what I like about social networks, even someone who you have never met can be your friend, as this thread shows.
R.I.P

Vexation
05-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I didn't know Mark as well as most of you, we used to speak via AIM and later keep in touch via facebook but I feel as if I didn't take advantage of getting to know him well enough. He was a wonderful person, my thoughts for his family and friends.

Ich_Bin_Du
05-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I didn't know him, I only remember his name from the 'phant. All I can say is; my condolences to everybody who knew him and I hope he is at peace now. Sad to hear that such a wonderful person (as all of you described him) had to die.

adamchabbi6
05-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I am truly sorry for this tragic loss. I never knew who he was and I never was a member on the phant, but like people mentioned on here he sounded like a nice person and it's a shame he is no longer here. The world we live in always goes in this cycle, where a person is born into this world and later someone dies. It is extremely hard for those who were close to him and I know how it is to lose a loved one because it's happened in my family, but it is an unfortunate part of life. My condolences go out to all his friends and family.
R.I.P.

Rxcore
05-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Mark was such a nice guy, such a tragic loss :-(

Love and condolences to his closer friends and family.

thedarkhorse
05-08-2011, 12:01 PM
This is such a shame. He was always so nice. Best wishes to his friends and family.

Cringeon
05-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Just want to thank everyone for their kind words. In a way its been good to reconnect with some old friends over the loss, but under such sad circumstance. Once details for services are announced, I hope those who are able will contribute some thoughts/flowers/etc to the family.

Shangri-LIE
05-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Just want to thank everyone for their kind words. In a way its been good to reconnect with some old friends over the loss, but under such sad circumstance. Once details for services are announced, I hope those who are able will contribute some thoughts/flowers/etc to the family.

You know it.

Celiny-O
05-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I never spoke to him, but I remember seeing him around. Rest in peace.

Necrophilip
05-09-2011, 03:24 AM
:(

S.D.
05-09-2011, 04:18 AM
In the process of breaking the news to those I've reached, I've been trying to help make some good come of it and asking that anyone with any fond memories, saved images or posts of his, or condolences to express please collect and share them so that we can pull them together for some kind of tribute/memorial page in the days/weeks/months that follow.
I don't think I personally interacted with EatYourGod at all, besides maybe some incidental music and film forum posts on The Heirophant, but nonetheless, I remember him well and this is terribly sad news.

One thing that has stayed with me since 2007 is seeing pictures and videos of the trip that several of you guys made to Chicago together, at which EatYourGod was present. Then - and still now - I thought how awesome it must be to connect with people over such distances, making strong friendships and creating memorable experiences from a shared interest. I was always annoyed that there was so much space between the United States and England, and wished I could have been a part of the proceedings.
I hope everyone who was there for that trip and any others that might have occurred holds fond and treasured memories.
In photographs - from that event and any others he shared - I always saw a pleasant, smiling guy who I am sure was a good friend and a positive person to know. My thoughts are with all our mutual acquaintances, as well as Mark's close family and loved ones.

When anyone is lost tragically, I think it is always important that those closest to them know that they left an impression - whether fleeting or concrete - on the world and people around them, so I genuinely hope any thoughts people have written here will contribute to that.

Thank you for the topic Hazekiah, I hope you are pulling through at the moment. Stay close people, my love to everyone.

Dronepool
05-09-2011, 09:10 PM
It's sad to hear this, the guy had talent and good taste in music. He always seemed mean to me.. though. I guess he never liked me but whatever, this shouldn't have happened and it's shocking to read, my condolences to his friends and family.

:(

twiggysrabies
05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
I never knew him, or spoke to him personally but I also remember the epic Chicago thread and if I recall correctly, he was the one with the amazing garden in his backyard. He made a lot of fun and witty posts at The 'Phant.

This is incredibly sad and it's so difficult to let go of yet another member of this community. My condolences to his friends and family.

Christina
05-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Oh no. :(

I remember him, like most on here who have as well, and I remember he was never rude or spoke out to anyone in a negative way. As a matter of fact, he was pretty quiet. Such a shame and so VERY young! If I remember correctly he had a garden he showed proudly on the phant and I remember it was beautiful (I think it was him).

I really don't know what else I could say except that I send my condolences to those who did know him and loved him very much and also to Haz who lost a friend. And that I hope it was NOT suicide because this world can't afford to lose any more young, intelligent people as I remember Mark was.

This is truly sad!

Joker
05-10-2011, 05:33 AM
I had trouble placing EatYourGod until your post, Christina, now I'm pretty sure he was the man with that awesome garden - maybe it's just me being weird, but even that little memory has made this news have so much more of a 'human face', and it's tragic news to say the least.
I can't say I knew him personally at all, but I saw him around the Phant occasionally and he seemed alright - best of luck to the poor guy's friends and family, it must be a very tough time for them all.

Peg-Legged Greg
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I saw this thread yesterday and hesitated to post, really had to let it sink in exactly what I was reading.

Mark was the most well-assembled guy I remember from the old 'Phant days. Gardener, photographer, collector and a huge music fan in general. We never met, though had tentatively planned on it once but it fell through. I always took for granted the fact that he lived 1.5 hours from me, and regretfully assumed that we could always meet up "next time." He introduced me to the Angel Oak, and everytime I'm heading to Seabrook Island I make the short detour to the tree to marvel at it. Often, a glancing thought of Mark will brush me beneath that tree. I expect this to continue. Different, but similar.

He suggested I listen to Nick Cave, Sharon Jones, and The Dirty Three. And I still do. I suggested Sharon Jones to my neighbor's son last summer and now I often hear Let Them Knock coming from the 16-yr olds open bedroom window. Heard it just this past Saturday.

His photos were always fantastic; whether it was a family portrait, a picture of him and _oswald sitting near his slate-floored firepit, shots of the Bowie memorabilia in his fabulously decorated home, or the beautiful images from his garden. You could feel the fire and smell the roses when Mark caught it in still image. And I stole his firepit idea, recently doing the same in my backyard (but it doesn't look nearly as good, especially if I was to take a picture of it).

His posts were always succinct and well-written; grammer was impeccable. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but he never wasted a post. Everything he said had a reason, something I always admired about him. He'd offer advice to those that listened and had no patience for those who didn't. He was helpful to those who were genuinely in need of it and I wish I had the chance to return the favor.

R.I.P. Mark, you'll be remembered.

Hazekiah
05-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry for my delay in responding, and a heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who's posted in here...it really means a lot to hear such kind words from all of you.

I'll try and post a more full response later, but I've been visiting and working for my parents throughout all this and the internet service out here has been down since I got the thread started and it's up now but still dropping off frequently, so I just want to hurry up and make sure I get this important update posted while I still can.

From the James A. McAlister Funeral Home website:

Mark William Snowberger
March 11, 1982 - May 6, 2011

Biography

Mark William Snowberger, 29, passed unexpectedly Friday, May 6, 2011. Born March 11, 1982 in Summit, NJ, Mark was an intellectual, artistic and sensitive being who saw the beauty in everything around him. An impressive gardener whose backyard was a beautiful haven, a skilled photographer who captured the moments of our lives together and an avid lover of music and the arts. Mark is survived by his parents, Mark & Irene Snowberger of Bluffton, SC, and his sister, Mimi Wilborn, her husband, Aaron Wilborn and his nephew Skyler Wilborn, of West Palm Beach, FL.
The relatives and friends of Mark W. Snowberger are invited to attend his Memorial Service at 10:00 AM, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at the James A. McAlister Chapel, 1620 Savannah Hwy.

In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, 120 Wall St., 22nd Floor, New York, NY10005 or http://www.afsp.org (http://www.afsp.org/).

Mark's guest book may be signed online at www.jamesamcalister.com (http://www.jamesamcalister.com/)

Facts
Born: March 11, 1982

Death: May 6, 2011

Memorial Service

Thursday May 12, 2011, 10:00 AM
at James A. McAlister Chapel
Click for Map and Directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1620%20Savannah%20Hwy.,Charleston,SC)

Donations
Memorial donations may be made to:
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, 120 Wall St., 22nd Floor, New York, NY10005 (http://www.afsp.org/)

Hazekiah
05-11-2011, 02:24 AM
Goddamn.

Even several days later it's still so unreal that I don't even know where to begin or what to say. It was only due to the immense love and respect that I have for Mark and the dedicated responsibility that I feel towards our friends and acquaintances that I was even able to choke out the difficult and painful phone calls I made on that day and to agonizingly post this thread that evening. Otherwise, I'd have surely just spent the entire weekend as a useless sobbing mess. Honestly, I was crying so hard while writing the opening post of this thread that I could barely even see the screen through my tears to know what I was typing.

As so many of you already know and have mentioned, Mark was an absolutely amazing person. Even people who only knew him through his sparse and eloquent posts could see that, and I consider myself so very lucky to have known him beyond that and to have been privileged enough to have actually witnessed his full radiance in person firsthand. His brilliance was simply unmatched and is utterly irreplaceable.

I've actually always thought of him as something like the big brother I never had. It was so easy for me to forget that he was in fact younger than me, since he was just so much more "together." He had a beautiful house, a cool record store job (his title of "Sales Associate" doesn't even begin to cover it), and his own thriving photography business...just to list a few impressive examples. I tend to take to stick to what I know and thereby take an informative role in conversations (and frequently prattle on at great length -- yes, yes, case in point), but with Mark I was just so awestruck by the depth and breadth of his knowledge in such a wide array of subjects that I'd just about always find myself in wide-eyed amazement any time he'd talk about anything. A lot of my friends rightly poke fun at me for generally being blah-blah-blah about this and that all day long, but with Mark I was always positively THRILLED to put myself strictly on Listening Silence. ANYONE could learn SO MUCH from him. He really was a genius.

But apart from being something of a mentor and teacher, he was also one of my very best friends. He was absolutely my Go-To Guy for advice on any issue in my life, and his patience, understanding, and astonishingly insightful wisdom -- well beyond his years -- never once failed me. I can't even begin to convey the impact his friendship has had upon my life or the void left by his absence.

It's all the more shocking and impossible to understand that he's truly gone now in large part because he was always such an absolute ROCK. So stable. So dependable. So generous and eager to help in any way he could. So calm, measured, and thoughtful with his words. Given our respective lifestyles it's almost unfathomable to me that I've outlived him by some cruel twist of fate. He's actually been named as the sole Executor of my Estate in every draft of my Last Will and Testament since 2005, so shortly after I'd met him, primarily because I immediately knew he'd always be there to handle it. Furthermore, anything of any real value or interest was left to him because I knew he would handle it with at least the same degree of care and reverence as I would have, and that he could be trusted implicitly to get everything I owned into the hands of whoever we knew who would appreciate it the most. Anyone who's ever gotten a gift from him or even just a personal note would understand this immediately.

In fact, I even surprised him by telling him that in our last conversation.

Just about a month ago, I'd received a text message from a friend informing me that EatYouGod had hanged himself...or so I thought.

In reality, it was EatYourBlud who'd hanged himself -- a longtime member of echoingthesound responsible for many legendary compilations of NIN rarities -- and I was just so trashed from a late-night party that I'd inadvertently misread the text when I received it as the sun came up and was instantly devastated by the awful news. In my confused haze, I dropped EVERYTHING and desperately tried to make sense of what was going on. I hadn't talked to Mark in a while and couldn't imagine why he'd do such a thing, so I called his phone to see if someone who could tell me what happened might answer or, barring that, to at least hear his voice one last time through his outgoing voicemail message.

Imagine my complete shock and relief when Mark himself answered the phone!

So I explained my teary-eyed joy and, once I was no longer quite such a wreck, we shared a quick chat. I told him he was absolutely NOT allowed to die before me -- certainly not by his own hand -- and even semi-jokingly let it slip that my Will would be left in complete disarray without him as its Executor if he did. We had a good laugh about it all and planned to catch up soon with a long-overdue phone call since he was on his way to work and had to go.

I told him I loved him and missed him, he replied in kind, and that was that.

Our follow-up never happened and I just assumed he was too busy to have a phone call as long as all our catching-up would clearly require at that point. Even when it hadn't been anywhere near as long between phone calls we'd still usually talk for hours and hours, after all.

I caught him on Facebook late one night about a week ago and was opening a chat window and typing my HELLO when he logged off before I could catch him. I should've just called him right then but I figured he was busy and probably going to bed so I didn't bother him. I had to go to bed myself, so I didn't see what his last post was there until days later when I heard he was missing and went to take a look for any clues. It was this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4bbH1nsHAg

Of course it was a beautiful and poignant song I never would have heard of otherwise. Of COURSE it was. That's just Mark.

I was just starting to feel a welcome sense of relief -- hoping the title of the song was an indicator that although he'd been sad he had merely gone for a drive to get away from home and clear his head and relax or something -- when I got the terrible call I'd been dreading and learned he'd been found. Mark was gone.

He had such an incredibly extensive support network of friends, who all owed SO MUCH to him for all the time he'd spent guiding us through our own trials and tribulations, that it's just extremely difficult to imagine why he wouldn't have simply given any number of us a call about whatever he felt was going so wrong in his life. I know we'd all have given anything to have returned the favor as best we could and to still have him here with us. It's just so unlike the Mark any of us knew to have lost all hope like that and to have not been able to see a better way out. I guess the fact of the matter is that as much as we share with one another we still all have our own deeply private problems which, rightly or wrongly, we never let anyone know about.

I still don't fully know or understand exactly what happened -- I don't suppose I ever truly will at this point -- but I sincerely hope that no one ever again has to learn so hard and painful a lesson about the importance of friendship and sharing, openness and compassion.

Hopefully, my dear friend Mark can be as instructive on this point in his silence as his beautiful, loving voice always was in life.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4062/markandbridge.jpg

Emma
05-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Haz, this may or may not mean anything to you, but I am sitting here at work at the moment and I just read the very beautiful piece you wrote about Mark and I myself am crying - which just got a bunch of looks from everyone in the office, but I couldn't help it. Right there in what you wrote was so heartfelt, you can tell just how much mark meant to you and what kind of person he was and how deeply this loss is.

My words seem insignificant at the moment but I wanted to say that I think you have done a great service to him with the words you wrote. Beautiful x

Ich_Bin_Du
05-11-2011, 06:08 AM
I totally agree with Emma, your words about him were very moving.

S1NN3R
05-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Haz, your words have me in tears as no better words can describe the beauty, intelligence, and character that sums up who Mark was as a person.

Mark opened my eyes to a lot of wonderful things. I can never hear the name Nina Hagen, or Nick Cave nor see a map of Easter Island without having a fond memory of Mark or of his love of octopuses and the ocean. My biggest regret was letting my friendship with Mark become distant. However, I will forever cherish the time I shared with him...be it our 5+ hour phone conversations, or when we'd spend literally all day sharing IMs ,pictures, music, crying and laughing...the crazy insanity tapes and other gifts he'd send me, and too many other things to list.

I still remember the day he got the giant stuffed octopus I sent him as a gift (Mr. Whiskers if I recall correctly) and the glee and true happiness he expressed upon receiving it...to know that he left this earth in sadness, and by his own hand is what truly and deeply shocks me and leaves me at a total loss. Mark was so strong...I'm still in disbelief. However sad he must have been in the end, I can take some small comfort in knowing he was somewhere he loved deeply in his final moments, the beach and the ocean. He will be fondly remembered and sorely missed.

Jakob Synn
05-15-2011, 03:06 AM
I wasn't close to him, but the name rings a bell. I'm sorry if I'm wrong here, but he was the one who took a lot of pro-shot pics and posted them on the Phant boards right? I'm sorry if I'm thinking of someone else.

But after skimming over the whole thread I am right and it sucks what happened because like many people have already said, he was a great guy. From my perspective, only knowing him through what I'd seen through his online postings on the Phant, he was always seemed so down to earth and genuine. I don't ever remember him putting down another member of the Phant like oh so many did back in the day. I also enjoyed checking out his photos. He was really good at it and it could have been something he could live off.

It's wierd that I just found out a day ago that my aunt commited suicide and now I hear about this.

It sucks royally. I'm also very sorry for you Haz that you had to find out about your friend that way. That sucks.

I really liked EYG as a member of the Phant because he just did his own thing and kept out of everybody else's buisness. I also loved his photos. I never posted in the "Post A Pic" thread very much, but I did check out EYG's photos.

If I'm not mistaken, was it now EYG that took all those photos of that one Phant-Manson-Get-Together Haz?

If it was, I remember those pics quite fondly ;)

Peaches
05-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I regret being so busy I haven't been on here lately. I was shocked and so so sad when I read about this on the 'Phant group on facebook, but reading it on here, where we are all a cemented family, makes it so much more real. I didn't know him well, I never spoke to him which I now, of course, regret. I always enjoyed his posts and did want to know him better but I was much too shy. I thought he was so cool and interesting, and secretly, admired him.

Haz, your words are so beautiful. I'm sorry. Much love to you, and to Marks Family and friends....

Allycat
05-17-2011, 09:43 PM
My condolences, Hudson. It's always sad to hear of an untimely death.

I do remember who he was now that I've read the responses that speak of his garden. He'd posted once about dandelions and even included a great deal of info about the humble plant and its many uses, both medical and culinary.

He seemed to have a lot going for him, but that means little if he suffered from severe depression. I'm sorry if, indeed, he'd dealt with this disorder.

Again, Hudson, I'm very sorry that you'd lost a special friend.

Christina
05-17-2011, 10:07 PM
I tried to go on his myspace because I have/had him as a friend so I could say something but I about ripped my fucking hair out trying to find it!
I don't suppose the link could be posted here? If not, it's cool!

Cassandra
05-18-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't always know the right things to say but I found your post to be beautiful and moving Haz.

Sputnik
05-22-2011, 07:59 AM
I never new Mark personally, but it's always sad to see a good, loved person go.
My condolences, Hudson, and RIP EatYourGod :(

rrodmila
05-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I am such a moron for coming here just to post about this tragic event, but I really wanted to be here for Haz, since he knew Mark so well. I don't expect my words to mean anything to anyone, it's just something I felt like doing.

EatYourGod honestly was the sexiest man on that forum (awkward thing to say, but such is me). The first things I remembered about him when Mihai told me about this thread (which I originally thought was a stupid joke) were all those pictures of baby octopi (it is from him that I know the plural to that word), his photos of his amazing garden and house which I always said I'm going to break into someday ( :( ) and those black and white pictures of him in the shower - so very inappropriate, but I'm trying to make a point. He was amazingly beautiful - inside and out. That garden proves the dedication and passion he would put into things that he loved, the octopi prove his very caring and fond side and generally, as many of you have already said, he was very reserved and very wise - which is why his photos always said a lot more than he did in his posts. It is so annoying that most often than not these amazingly superb people choose to end their life, but at least they do it on their own terms. Good things really don't last and his friends should be grateful that they had the honor to meet such an incredible human being.

I know this sounds exaggerated but I honestly never met someone as close to perfection as he seemed to me. Haz, I know I could never feel even half of the pain you feel, but know that all my words are spoken from the heart. If he meant this much to someone like me, who basically never had any real contact with him, it is easy to see how wonderful he was. His memory will live on and he will still be cherished by those who loved him.

I always thought he took this picture. It doesn't matter who did, he will always be that little baby octopus to me.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/133/c/6/Baby_Octopus_by_superchickenn123.jpg

I apologize for the dramatic post but I'm very emotional right now. I wanted to say something comforting but I just come back to realizing how awful this balance between genuinely incredible things and people and how long they last in this world.

zxz
05-31-2011, 09:21 PM
I remember him from back on The 'Phant... Never spoke to him really, but I sympathize with this event, and wish his family a steady emotional recovery.

May he rest in peace.

Hazekiah
05-05-2014, 08:25 AM
3 years ago today, this world lost an incredible person. Missing you more than ever, little brother.
However, something pretty amazing is in the works.KHR Wraps (https://www.facebook.com/KHRWraps) is weaving a handwoven baby wrap inspired by one of Mark's last pictures taken from the Cooper River Bridge. I am so blown away that Olivia will have a small piece of the uncle she never got to meet in person. Thought some of you would like to see the in progress pic:

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10306737_725547480817794_397760592965195073_n.jpg

Memories From Under the Bridge

This wrap has so much meaning behind it that even figuring out the name took us some time. It is inspired by some of the last photos taken by Mark Snowberger.

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/10259425_713001468739062_1913391962_n-199x300.jpg

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/10154602_713001462072396_372991617_n-199x300.jpg

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/986650_713001465405729_1985587957_n-199x300.jpg

The inspiration from this wrap was given to us by Smiling Octopus (https://www.facebook.com/SmilingOctopus) owner Mimi. As she did explain to us the meaning of this to her we feel it best for her to share if she desires. We just want everyone to know that this is near and dear to her heart. We hope she as well as all of you enjoy this wrap.

There is one wrap with a Stone weft, and the rest are done in a Navy weft.

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_1314-300x200.jpg

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_1325-200x300.jpg

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_1328-300x200.jpg

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_1676-200x300.jpg

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_1678-300x200.jpg

http://www.khrwraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_1681-300x200.jpg

http://www.khrwraps.com/2014/04/24/memories-from-under-the-bridge/