PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate lie detector - The Limbic System

Shangri-LIE
05-14-2011, 03:53 PM
In layman's terms it is the emotional part of the brain. Unlike polygraphs where factors such as drug use, personality type, medical conditons ect...can throw off a baseline reading. This portion in the frontal lobe of all of out skulls is incapable of deception. Even a confession while undergoing narcosynthesis, (administering of truth serum/amobarbital), can be refuted because of the drugs psychoactive properties. It also violates self incrimination laws. So in order to bypass expensive, and exhaustive ours of detective work, I have come up with a way to avoid all of that. Though it will never happen because our justice system believes that everyone has a right to a fair trial. Even though it would exonerate innocent people serving time.

The solution? CAT Scans for both the accused and the accusers. They can be scheduled at hospitals. Police departmants and other agencies could convert their interrogation rooms into scanning rooms. It wouldn't be nearly as inconvienient and expensive as when some idiot gos to the emergency room for a panic attack. You can be questioned while in one of those machines, and a radiographer could do the analysis as the subject is questioned. Now, this wouldn't be nessecary all of the time, just when a case seems too ambiguous. As a last resort.

Why don't people think of these things?

Golden Eel
05-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Why don't people think of these things?

Probably for the same reason any number of good ideas aren't being instituted in this world. Money.

I'm pretty sure giving anyone accused of a crime a CAT scan would be more expensive than the current route.

Shangri-LIE
05-14-2011, 04:35 PM
It would cost a lot. Much less than housing inmates however. Some of those who are probably innocent. Either due to prosocutorial zealots, or just a simple lapse in judgement that costs the defendant 15 years or so.

Golden Eel
05-14-2011, 04:39 PM
It would cost a lot. Much less than housing inmates however. Some of those who are probably innocent. Either due to prosocutorial zealots, or just a simple lapse in judgement that costs the defendant 15 years or so.

You seem to be thinking people actually want justice and reason. Prison-industrial complex is a booming business.

Shangri-LIE
05-14-2011, 04:51 PM
This isn't going to turn into another killing cripples thread. I am just saying if there is a sure fire way to absolve the innocent and put criminals behind bars without a jury, and without predjudice then why not? I understand the dynamics that construct the illusions of public saftey. I do. But why wouldn't anyone want to have a fail proof system?

Golden Eel
05-14-2011, 04:56 PM
This isn't going to turn into another killing cripples thread. I am just saying if there is a sure fire way to absolve the innocent and put criminals behind bars without a jury, and without predjudice then why not? I understand the dynamics that construct the illusions of public saftey. I do. But why wouldn't anyone want to have a fail proof system?

I'm not disagreeing with you, just giving reasons why I don't think this would be viable in reality. But it's just my opinion, doesn't really mean anything.

Shangri-LIE
05-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I know you weren't. It's just kind of fucked up that people can have cell phones that do everything and something that is actually important gos without further evaluation. The wrong things are evolving.

Golden Eel
05-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I know you weren't. It's just kind of fucked up that people can have cell phones that do everything and something that is actually important gos without further evaluation. The wrong things are evolving.

It's not that the wrong things are evolving, it's just that human cognition/philosophy can't keep up with this rapid evolution of technology. We have nukes, yet the world is running rampant with racism, ignorance, gullibility, etc. because humans are just so fucking slow to adjust.

Shangri-LIE
05-14-2011, 05:26 PM
because humans are just so fucking slow to adjust.

Well I guess that someone, or some people need to make them stop being so slow. Happiness isn't condusive to survival. Loyalty and determination is.