PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality - A Big Gay Misunderstanding Explained.

Shangri-LIE
06-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Since there has been so much upheaval and uproar recently amongst the simpleton, plebian moral majority over gays being able to marry, I will now explain to them that it was just a mistake. It's not immoral. It's not wrong, in fact it is ok. We are all going to be ok. Gay, not gay. Not sure, sure. Not sure if you are sure or unsure. I can with assurance say that there is not going to be a take over. In fact, this progress means LESS emphasis, and assertations of a gay persons sexuality as their sole indentification of their character. It means less, pointless traffic jamming parades. Less gratuitous PDA in parks where children play. They are safe now. Everyone is going to be safe.

Every culture, sub culture, or slant has their own idiomatic explanation for homosexuality. Why do people act gay? What makes people gay? Are gays a threat to family values? Are gay people going to hell? Etc... Etc...

But I can say NO! It was all just a drunken mistake one night in a beleagured valley in crypts of Mt.Olympus.

If anyone is to be held accountable for this behavior, and orientation, it is Prometheus. The man who sculpted us from clay, and made us mortals. However he had a little bit of a drinking problem. On one particular....bender...he simply misapplied the genetalia on some of the tiny little figurines he was making. Thus introducing homosexuality into the human condition. Simple isn't it? But, that's not all. You see he was punished. He atoned for the gays. One night, being the drunk that he was, Prometheus stole fire from Zues and sold it to the mortals, making those that he bestowed the powers upon.. flamers. This enraged Zues, thus he condemned Prometheus to an eternity of having his insides torn apart by a giant cock. You can look that up, I promise you this is true. Look it up.

Finally, and once more....we're all going to be ok.

The Empirical Guy
06-26-2011, 05:14 AM
This thread is so gay.

Emma
06-26-2011, 05:41 AM
I think representative Steve Simon (DFL Hopkins/St. Louis Park) said it best:

How many more gay people does God have to create before we ask ourselves whether or not God actually wants them around? ....How many gay people does God have to create before we ask ourselves whether the living of their lives the way they wish, as long as they don't harm others, is a godly and holy and happy and glorious thing?

This was during a hearing in Minnesota where the state were conducting a hearing on whether same-sex marriage should be prohibited through a constitutional amendment. His point being that all the arguments he was hearing against same-sex marriage were religious arguements, and as he saw it "if it's true that sexual orientation is innate, God-given, then what does it mean to the moral force of your argument?"

It's very much worth watching his speech, which is just over 3 minutes long. The guy is on the money here - completely. The far right and religious right contend that gay relationships are a choice but you can't argue with them that their orientation is a choice - it's God-Given. Now lets ignore the arguments at this point as to whether God exists or not - that's not a part of this debate - the right believe he does and use it in their arguments against gay people. But in doing so they forget one, we are all created in Go's image (supposedly) and to the religious right, God is infallible, so are they saying, God made a mistake when he keeps engineering all these gay people? Are they questioning the Almighty? Or, are they wilfully ignoring the will of their God, that there are gay people, straight people, bi people, trans people? Because the question to me is, if gay was a choice, why would anyone choose it especially knowing a small but vocal group will spit on you, claim you as second class citizens, bully you, hate you, demonize you and in some cases kill you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXpOA3jPC04

BTW as a straight married woman, my marriage hasn't changed, is not harmed, has not spun on it's axis and now spinning on reverse poles. The only people who harm heterosexual marriages are us heterosexuals. The idea and notion that gay marriage will destroy straight marriage is another non-sequitor.

Shangri-LIE
06-26-2011, 10:30 AM
He is right, but God isn't real. Prometheus is real. All he needs to do is redact the word "God" from the statement, and replace "God" with "Prometheus". Once that is taken care of, it would be a more solid, accurate, and indefensible cross examination of Christian America.

ThreeEyedGod
06-26-2011, 06:56 PM
"In fact, this progress means LESS emphasis, and assertations of a gay persons sexuality as their sole indentification of their character. It means less, pointless traffic jamming parades."

If it means all this, then please let the gays do whatever it takes to get their asses married already.

Shangri-LIE
06-27-2011, 09:05 AM
"In fact, this progress means LESS emphasis, and assertations of a gay persons sexuality as their sole indentification of their character. It means less, pointless traffic jamming parades."

If it means all this, then please let the gays do whatever it takes to get their asses married already.

S'actly. However, I would like to go to a gay pride parade someday just to get free drinks from men I trick into thinking that I am gay. Then after I am good and drunk, get naked on a float and dance with my junk swinging around as I travel through the city streets. Just letting it all hang out.

DavidGlyn
08-18-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm glad to see like-minded people, and absolutely, being gay is OK. As is being straight or whatever it is you want to be.

iggy
08-28-2011, 12:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXpOA3jPC04

God doesn't make homosexuals, Satan does.

I kid of course. Here in New York, we recently legalized Gay marriage, making us the largest state in the US to do so. When we passed the law, for the first time I was proud to say I'm from NY.

BTW Prometheus was punished for giving fire to mortals. I had no idea that the greeks used the word "fire" as a metaphor for homosexuality. Although it does explain a few things.

Emma
08-28-2011, 12:41 PM
God doesn't make homosexuals, Satan does.

Well I always thought Satan rocked anyway! LOL!

I kid of course.

I know. :)

Here in New York, we recently legalized Gay marriage, making us the largest state in the US to do so. When we passed the law, for the first time I was proud to say I'm from NY.

It was good to see NYC move forward - what is troubling though is seeing the American Taliban - or the Far Right Christian sect that seem to have taken over American Politics, trying to push America back to the dark ages - the level of boldness they have with their abject hatred and their hypocrisy on wanting on one hand to destroy so called "big government" while on the other hand exercising it by trying to outlaw a section of society for whom they love is disturbing.

BTW Prometheus was punished for giving fire to mortals. I had no idea that the greeks used the word "fire" as a metaphor for homosexuality. Although it does explain a few things.

Ancient Greece was a very enlightened place but if you look now, they too seem to be in "gay denial".

iggy
08-28-2011, 01:13 PM
It was good to see NYC move forward - what is troubling though is seeing the American Taliban - or the Far Right Christian sect that seem to have taken over American Politics, trying to push America back to the dark ages - the level of boldness they have with their abject hatred and their hypocrisy on wanting on one hand to destroy so called "big government" while on the other hand exercising it by trying to outlaw a section of society for whom they love is disturbing.

Absolutely, it seems as though our conservative party is only against big government as long as you aren't talking about shoving their moral superiority down my throat. And trust me, the Republican't moral agenda is one of the very few things I don't wont shoved down my throat ;)

Ancient Greece was a very enlightened place but if you look now, they too seem to be in "gay denial".
It's a shame, since their ancestors were pedophiles...

Emma
08-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Absolutely, it seems as though our conservative party is only against big government as long as you aren't talking about shoving their moral superiority down my throat. And trust me, the Republican't moral agenda is one of the very few things I don't wont shoved down my throat ;)

Did you see the latest with the Republican who posted open butt shots on a gay website but claimed he was documenting his weight loss? He stays on but Anthony Weiner had to go - the Republicans are the most flagrant hypocrites out there. Their moral agenda is "it's okay if we do it but not you".

It's a shame, since their ancestors were pedophiles...

Not the enlightened I was thinking of.....

iggy
08-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I missed that one! But it's hardly the first gay scandal to rock the party. Gay sex in Airport bathrooms, or with interns...all while screaming about how homosexuality destroys the sanctity of marriage and is destructive to the family unit.

Which is another thing that bugs the fuck out of me. What does putting one's penis in another man's ass have to do with one's ability to raise kids? As for marriage: did you know that states that ban gay marriage have a higher divorce rate than states that don't?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/divorce-rate-in-gay-marri_b_267259.html

Not the enlightened I was thinking of.....

Of course not, just having a few lulz at the expense of olive lovers everywhere.

Emma
08-29-2011, 03:01 AM
I missed that one! But it's hardly the first gay scandal to rock the party. Gay sex in Airport bathrooms, or with interns...all while screaming about how homosexuality destroys the sanctity of marriage and is destructive to the family unit.Which is another thing that bugs the fuck out of me. What does putting one's penis in another man's ass have to do with one's ability to raise kids? As for marriage: did you know that states that ban gay marriage have a higher divorce rate than states that don't?http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/divorce-rate-in-gay-marri_b_267259.htmlOh yes I agree - divorce rates amongst us hetros is already 50% - we destroy marriage all by ourselves - like you mention, you only have to look at politicians to see what damage they do to their marriage. Arnie springs to mind.... And of course in the areas of theUS which are deemed bible belt, divorce rates are extremely high - I read something about Texas having one of the highest divorce rates.As I mentioned above, as a recently - well one year anniversary - married woman, my marriage does in no way feel changed because of gay marriage - in fact the only change is in me that friends of mine are able to experience the same joy I have.

Of course not, just having a few lulz at the expense of olive lovers everywhere.

I know. ;-)