PDA

View Full Version : The Fox News Challange

Shangri-LIE
07-01-2011, 09:47 AM
I have always been one to impose social experimentation in the most wanton, and a lot of the times most insipid of manners on others for my own drunk enjoyment. However, this one is up to you. Are you tough enough? It is a test that I've passed myself recently. Though after about the 3rd or 4th hour straight, I was on the verge of becoming a rogue assasin and going on a murder spree, and rationalizing how I would be aquitted because everyone would just know that they deserved it. Now that I have my wits back, I want to see how many of you can just mainline Fox News for 12 consecutive hours. As you do this, check in and document your growing levels of instability. Discuss what you are witnessing. You must do this if you ever want to say that you have survived something.

Norsefire
07-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't get Fox News so I can't do this, although I've watched BBC news all night one night and it just kept looping the same shit over and over.

Shangri-LIE
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I don't get Fox News so I can't do this, although I've watched BBC news all night one night and it just kept looping the same shit over and over.

I get BBC America. I sometimes watch that in the morning on closed captioning, entertaining myself with my own impersonation of a British news anchor. Other than that, depending on what time you start your embarkment to watch entire days worth of Fox News, it gets kind of tough around prime time. Glenn Beck can be tolerable when you compare his ranting and raving to the sneering interview methods of Nancy Grace, and Jane Valez-Mitchell. I am no misogynist, but I sometimes fantasize about feeding them feet first into a wood chipper.

The Empirical Guy
07-02-2011, 02:08 AM
I don't get Fox here, but do get a sports channel. Seeing as news and sport in Australia are the same thing, will that do?

Alexandra
07-02-2011, 03:57 AM
I also don't have Fox News, (Hell I don't even have a TV in my flat) but watching it 12 hours straight? Nooooo way, I'm not that much of a masochist, sorry!

Cringeon
07-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I fear it more than I fear aids!

Golden Eel
07-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I will accept this challenge when I get 12 hours straight of spare time, which should be sometime soon. I will periodically report back with updates when it happens. It will be much more entertaining if I drink during that time. We'll see.

Shangri-LIE
07-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Pussies.