PDA

View Full Version : Google+

Golden Eel
07-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I recently got a Google+ (http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/) invite. It's basically a social network from Google, and I have no friends on it. So, anyone want an invite?

I'll need your email.

VelvetAIDS
07-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Don't we have enough social networking sites??

EDIT: That wasn't supposed to sound as rude as it did XD

Golden Eel
07-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Don't we have enough social networking sites??

EDIT: That wasn't supposed to sound as rude as it did XD

Facebook and Twitter?

I normally wouldn't have any interest in a new social networking site, but Google has rarely disappointed me.

Necrophilip
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm not on Facebook, but I did join G+. I have a feeling it won't be as bad as FB.

Golden Eel
07-01-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm not on Facebook, but I did join G+. I have a feeling it won't be as bad as FB.

Have you figured out how to invite people? I may have started this thread prematurely...

VelvetAIDS
07-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Facebook and Twitter?

I normally wouldn't have any interest in a new social networking site, but Google has rarely disappointed me.

Lol I just mean aside from that and myspace (R.I.P.) there's so many minor social networking sites, apps, etc. Now google is jumping onto it...idk maybe I'm feeling like an old geezer or something but it seems like a bit much.

Norsefire
07-02-2011, 12:21 AM
I put an email forward for the waiting list the other day to see what it's like/ probably add our site to it if they allow it. Not sure if I will use it myself, Face book is ok and my family is on that, I also like twitter alot now as well. But I will check it out when I'm accepted.

Golden Eel
07-02-2011, 12:26 AM
It looks and seems really nice so far. If everyone I had on Facebook was on Google+, I'd switch in a heartbeat. I enjoy it. Though, there's only so much I can do with zero friends. I don't think Google is allowing people to send invites any more.

Plus, I hate Twitter. The only reason I have one is to follow artists I like. I wish they would just post everything in Facebook updates. The character limit is much higher, I don't see why they need to limit it to 140. Annoying.

Necrophilip
07-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Have you figured out how to invite people? I may have started this thread prematurely...I think the inviting is still temporarily disabled, but I assume it'll be back on in a day or two. I'm Massive Buttock on there, btw, if you need a test friend. :p

Golden Eel
07-02-2011, 01:34 AM
I think the inviting is still temporarily disabled, but I assume it'll be back on in a day or two. I'm Massive Buttock on there, btw, if you need a test friend. :p

I 'added' you, at least I think I did.

I'm not sure if my invitations are being sent correctly. I tried to send some to a few people, but they didn't get it. Then I sent an invite to an alt email I have, and it went through a few times. So, anyone want me to test it by sending you an invite?

Necrophilip
07-02-2011, 01:41 AM
I 'added' you, at least I think I did.

I'm not sure if my invitations are being sent correctly. I tried to send some to a few people, but they didn't get it. Then I sent an invite to an alt email I have, and it went through a few times. So, anyone want me to test it by sending you an invite?Yeah you did. Added back. It also says you commented on a post of mine, but clicking the notification leads nowhere. :S

omg it's so awsum being a tester. :-|

Golden Eel
07-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Invites are back up.

Anyone want some?

Norsefire
07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
I got invited today, I just went on there and right now I'm not really liking it, but then I need to properly have a look through it so I will probably have a look in the morning at it and see what it all does.

Golden Eel
07-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I got invited today, I just went on there and right now I'm not really liking it, but then I need to properly have a look through it so I will probably have a look in the morning at it and see what it all does.

It's got some cool features. It will be much more fun once more people jump aboard.

ShelfLife
07-09-2011, 12:25 AM
It's got some cool features. It will be much more fun once more people jump aboard.

That.

I love the Circles feature - I can be as inappropriate as I want, and be selective as to who sees it.

But until G+ adds an Events feature, I'm going to continue using FB. Especially as G+ is still relatively empty.

Terrapin
07-09-2011, 08:39 AM
G+ is pretty fucking cool. I'd love to get in on this testing and finally give FB the ol' heave-ho when peeps start making the jump to it. Huge fan of the "Circles" and "Huddle" features from the previews.

Dellamore
07-10-2011, 06:02 AM
I can't wait to use G+
Especially that circles feature.

Terrapin
07-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Got an invite from one of my friends on Babalon. It's fantastic to use and I'm really enjoying "Sparks" at the moment, until more people make the switch. Already have the app for it on my phone. Can't wait till this starts taking off so I can use the various connections to their full capabilities. Would come very much in handy to connect to people in my class for schoolwork, and eventually for work-related use.

Golden Eel
07-10-2011, 08:17 AM
If you need an invite/friend, add me. (http://goo.gl/G2gHp)

jonfen
07-13-2011, 03:14 AM
I exist on Google+ and I too hope that Facebook gets dethroned. I don't see that happening too soon, though :(
https://plus.google.com/106765990158158681695/posts

Ugh. Damn living together - rrodmila posted this. Me, rrodmila.

VelvetAIDS
07-17-2011, 10:33 PM
I caved. Click here for mah profile (https://plus.google.com/116193152391590981880/posts?hl=en)

It's actually pretty nice lol.

Celiny-O
08-16-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm on the bandwagon.
https://plus.google.com/109489635757053777000/posts