PDA

View Full Version : Queens of Country

Golden Eel
08-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Living in a fantasy era long gone and obsessed with old time country stars, the prettiest girl in a small Arizona town finds a lost iPod filled with songs that speak to her sensitive heart. Jolene Gillis is convinced the owner is her soul mate and she is thrust into a sexy, heartwarming and hilarious adventure of mistaken identities, ATVs, line dancing competitions, kidnappers, time machines and doppelgangers.

http://vimeo.com/18956053

Seems interesting I suppose. I'll probably only watch it because Maynard seems to have a prominent role in it. Here's an interesting story from FourthEye, a Tool message board. Doesn't seem too far outside the realm of believability lol.

I've been looking forward to this movie and have been in email contact with someone associated with the film for quite some time now. This film was finished, produced and slated for release in March 2011. The editing wrapped up in January 2011 and before it was distributed to theaters the cast was shown an advance copy. Upon seeing viewing the fim Maynard became furious saying "My hair looks so totally embarrassing and the lighting does not accentuate my eyes. I look super horrible" before knocking Ryans water bottle off of the table, karate kicking the sound guys cup of coffee onto the projector and storming out screaming that while filming the movie his eyes were permanently damaged because that "fucking asshole" lighting guy. Apparently he tried to get approval to wear glasses because of his sensitive eye but was denied on the basis that it would not make sense for he character to be wearing huge aviator glasses in every scene, he even wanted to wear glasses during the night scene and sex scene and was informed it was not going to happen.

A few days later Ryan Page recieved a cease and desist notice from Maynard's lawyer blocking release of the film with the threat of a lawsuit should the film see the light of day. I was told some negotiations between attorneys took place and a deal was confirmed two months later after tense negotiations. While the details are not yet known, we do know that an agreement was made where Maynard is going to be payed an additional amount of money for not going forward with a lawsuit and reshooting his parts of the movie where he has Full artistic control. In the first version of the film Maynard played a cop and during the rehearsals he also tried the character as a mailman. Apparently he was upset that the wardrobe department would not approve the postman uniform he brought from home along with a hat that said postal on the basis that it wasn't authentic enough and they were pretty sure mailmen don't wear shirts that say postal. This really ticked him off but he was allowed to use a police outfit that he brought from home in the original scenes. In the edited version of the film Maynard will be playing a mechanic and will direct himself during the reshoot. As part of the contractual agreement the director was not be allowed on site when the scenes were reshot. The directors did not like this but Maynard kept rambling about "artistic integrity" to the point where they submitted.
Tentatively the new release date is early 2012 however that is subject to change per the contract.

ThreeEyedGod
08-05-2011, 08:27 PM
hahah, I really want to know if the whole 'damaged eyes' thing is true...

Golden Eel
08-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Karate kicking the sound guy's coffee is the most hilarious part. Maynard totally seems like a melodramatic drama queen.

ThreeEyedGod
08-06-2011, 02:03 AM
God, I don't want to believe it, but Maynard might be a complete diva.

I want to see this.

Golden Eel
08-06-2011, 02:37 AM
^ You find that hard to believe? When I went to see Puscifer, I almost bought a $300 VIP meet-and-greet ticket. There was a disclaimer that said something along the lines of, "Maynard will be in the same room with you. There is no guarantee that he will look you in the eye. He probably won't speak to you and definitely won't touch you." If you ask anyone who goes to a wine signing, they'll say the same thing. He is a total douchebag to fans.

Meh, as long as he keeps up with the singing I don't give a shit. I have no intention of being friends with him.