PDA

View Full Version : House

Shangri-LIE
08-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Anyone who knows me will attest to me being utterly obsessed with this show. It's brilliant, and for me is capable of inducing a state of catatonic like wonder. It's such a convincing show with a conglomeration of some of the most talented actors, writers, and producers that I've even been deluded enough to actually forget that I am watching people act during a lot of episodes. Hugh Laurie is a genius, as is David Shore the creator. I could go on with more uber fan boy drooling but I don't want to enable CreepyKlutz to call me gay for "Dr.House" more than he already accuses me of being. ;)

Anyone else watch it?

Seven
08-17-2011, 01:06 PM
I love House though I didn't get to see the last series yet. Hugh Laurie is fab in it. I wasn't expecting him to be that good because I've only seen him in comedies before.

Shangri-LIE
08-17-2011, 01:30 PM
All I will say is that season 7 ended with House driving a car through the front of Cuddy's home after she left him and House saw another man in the home with her as he was returning one of her belongings. With the new season it has been confirmed that House's housing at the beginning of season 8 coming this fall will be in a corrections facility.

Last season really ended in a dramatic way leaving his relationship with Wilson and Cuddy in a very precarious situation. Season 7 focused more intimately on his personal life and amped up his insanity for the way the season ended, which was epic. I never even expected to see that from his character. The upcoming Season 8 will actually take place approximately "onr year" after the incident that ended Season 7, and from what I understand House's team has gotten a facelift. Not only that, but with the departure of Lisa Edelstein it will be interesting to see how everything works out.

Cryosepsis
10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm totally gay for House. Just finished a marathon watching of Season 7 a couple of weeks ago, loved the ending. Can't even begin to imagine what they're going to do next season. Is it silly that I feel terribly for House? Sometimes I think I identify with the character a little too much.

ImNotJesus
10-13-2011, 06:15 AM
It's not Lupus.

It's never Lupus.

That one time it was Lupus? It wasn't Lupus.

Cryosepsis
10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
When in doubt, the answer is always Sarcoidosis.

MisanthroPope
02-12-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm totally gay for House.

Me too. He's a handsome fucking man. He's also a dick and I think I would need that if I were in a relationship with a man.

Anyway, I love the show. It's fallen of a fair bit but I'm sad to hear this will be the last season.

Hazekiah
02-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I absolutely LOVE this show, but I've been too transient to keep up with it since about '07.

Bbut I've seen and heard enough to know I've missed some MAJOR shake-ups and don't want to just jump in randomly....so I'm staying the fuck out of here till I have a chance to catch up and watch about a billion hours of complete season DVDs back-to-back-to-back, etc.

Which might take a while, since I don't own a single one of them.

:'(

But I still HAD to come in here to whine and point out that NO ONE EVER GETS THE FUCKING TITLE RIGHT, FFS!!!!

HOUSE, M.D.

-_-

Miss Lisa
02-16-2012, 05:44 PM
I am a massive fan of House and am so sad that the show is ending after this series :"-(

It was better while the illness ideas were fresh and before the structure/timing of the shows became predictable... but I love House's humour and way of working stuff out.

Enigma
02-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I've always said and keep saying it, no matter how many new good tv series come, there will never be another like House. When I first started watching it I was younger and it was kind of a revelation to me. It's really sad it has to end but I'm very glad it has never disappointed and I love how it can be SO introspective and deeply human.

Shangri-LIE
02-17-2012, 06:17 AM
Yeah, it will be ending. There's a major revelation that is going to occur leading up to the series finale. Even if you like spoilers, try to catch up on as many seasons as possible because it'll blow your minds.

Miss Lisa
02-17-2012, 08:49 AM
*wriggles with excitement*

MisanthroPope
02-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Nobody's Fault was a damn good episode. I think we are in for a treat with the episodes leading up to the series finale.