PDA

View Full Version : Jurrasic Park IV confirmed by Steven Spielberg @ Comic-Con

Shangri-LIE
08-17-2011, 07:33 PM
As a 29 year old child I cannot be more thrilled that this production has finally been given the go ahead for a 4th JP movie. As someone who saw the original Jurrasic Park in the cinema as a child and remembering how magical that was, I can't wait to throw on my honorary paleontologist badge and vest on and experience it once again. From someone who has actually seen a Velociraptor dig site in person, and being someone who can also do a variety of Dinosaur FX with my voice, this has me geeking out harder than a prisoner who gets a wiff of his first vagina after 20 some years without "getting any".

http://www.jurassicparkiv.org/

Another fucking fantastic possibility is that Sam Neill is considering returning for a role in the movie.

DORKS UNITE!

Music by "Gothminister"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4pL8orPp0&feature=related

At Comic-Con today, Steven Spielberg appeared on the panel for The Adventures of Tintin and Jurassic Park 4. The reality is that I've learned that screenwriter Mark Protosevich hasn't been officially hired yet by Universal which is just starting the process of making his deal. But Kathy Kennedy and Spielberg have picked him to deliver the fourquel script. Protosevich's credits include I Am Legend, Poseidon, The Cell, and the story for Thor. He's working on Spike Lee's Oldboy (which Spielberg at one time wanted to do). I checked with Universal just now and they think that, after stops and starts and stops, JP4 is really going to get made this time around. But already there's a timing issue. Spielberg today said: “Hopefully we will make Jurassic Park 4 in the next two to three years.” But Universal tells me "that sounds too long. It would be great to have it sooner. Within 2 years sounds right: 2013." That's good news for Comcast/Universal considering it's one of their few franchises and newer tour

Mi-CroMartie
08-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Let's hope it doesn't end like the stinker Jurassic Park 3. That was suckage.

Shangri-LIE
08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
I did like Jurrasic Park ///, but I did have an issue with the cinematography. If you watch the bonus making of the film feature, they only shot a handful of scenes away from a studio set. The T-Rex didn't look as menacing, or as REAL as the previous two JP movies. As a matter of fact nothing looked as real. So, we'll see where this one gos. I just hope that they canned the idea of dinosaurs from outer space who use advanced weaponry to take over the planet as opposed the cooler way of eating people.

Norsefire
08-18-2011, 03:07 PM
AWESOME! I've been waiting for this to happen for so fucking long! This makes me very happy.

Mi-CroMartie
08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I did like Jurrasic Park ///, but I did have an issue with the cinematography. If you watch the bonus making of the film feature, they only shot a handful of scenes away from a studio set. The T-Rex didn't look as menacing, or as REAL as the previous two JP movies. As a matter of fact nothing looked as real. So, we'll see where this one gos. I just hope that they canned the idea of dinosaurs from outer space who use advanced weaponry to take over the planet as opposed the cooler way of eating people.

I read an old article that they're talking about biotechnology and making dino mutants and possibly human dinos... There's even a talk of Dennis the fat guy who'll return as a fucking cyborg...

The only thing good about Jurassic Park III was T-Rex getting pwned the shit out of the Spinosaurus aside from the pteranodon vs human glider scene.

ThreeEyedGod
08-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Oh no, let me guess....a "gritty" reboot. A " reimagining?"

Seven
08-19-2011, 03:49 AM
I hope they make more of an effort with this one. I really like Jurassic Park except it pissed me off the way they changed the book ending so they could make sequels. Why does Holyweird always do that? The Lord of the Rings was the worse...they take a classic book because it is a classic and then a bunch of hacks rewrite it. [/rant]

Method Man
08-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I remember growing up either the original or the lost world was always in the VCR. I remember being upset when someone recored like 10 seconds or so over part of the original Jurassic park. I did eventually buy a copy of the film.

If the dinosaurs don't have guns, and maybe stick to the island, i'll be happy.

Hexon.Arq
08-19-2011, 11:48 AM
The first movie takes up roughly 11% of my brain. I used to watch the third act of The Lost World religiously (didn't care for the rest of it). The third one sucked balls. (One little boy? Those are the stakes of this film? *gets back into bed*) I am apathetic toward the prospect of a fourth; at best it could be a pleasant surprise, at worst it it could justify apprehension.

Shangri-LIE
08-19-2011, 06:46 PM
The idea of dinosaurs with weapons sounds cool. It reminds me of another dinosaur program I used to watch as a kid but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called at the moment. I remember as a kid "hiding from dinosaurs" that I'd imagine were outside of the windows of my house. I used to make diorama's of dinousars wreaking havoc with weaponry for school show and tells when I was a kid. So that fact that these monsters are coming back after 65 million years and destroying the planet with weapons of mass destruction has me psyched.

spaceSuicide
08-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Should've stopped after the first film. It's flawless.

Mi-CroMartie
08-20-2011, 12:49 AM
The site says that dinos have hi-tech guns on this one? Ummm, does this ring a bell?

http://arrrr.com/dinoriders/dinowar-1.jpg

CellarOwl
08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Spoiler alert: Archeologists go in search of Steven Spielberg's ambition and credibility, hoping to uncover this great relic but end up finding a bunch of CGI'd dinosaurs shooting missiles from their assholes instead.

Shangri-LIE
08-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Dinosaurs with anally guided missles? FUCK YES!