PDA

View Full Version : WM3 are free 19/8/2011

Shangri-LIE
08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
http://maraleveritt.com/2011/08/judge-laser-announces-surprise-hearing-for-wm3-major-news-expected-tomorrow/

Thanks to ArchDandy for posting this on FB

Emma
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes saw this posting from Lisa of the WM3 support team. Really hope this is good news for the guys - btw if you haven't read it, read Damien's book 'Almost Home' - hope that will be happening soon and this travesty of justice will come to an end. And that the cops will do their job and find the real killer, or killers, because for every day Damien, Jason and Jessie sit on Death Row, there are also three little boys who's murder was never properly solved

Norsefire
08-18-2011, 03:37 PM
This sounds like good news, I look forward to seeing some updates on what this hearing is about.

Just got this link on Twitter -
WM3 leave prison with all belongings; source says they are not expected back
http://wm3org.typepad.com/blog/2011/08/wm3-leave-prison-with-all-belongings-source-says-they-are-not-expected-back.html

Shangri-LIE
08-18-2011, 04:01 PM
I haven't read that book, Emma. I really should get some new books come to think of it and that sounds like an interesting one. Norse that is great news. Fuck yeah! That is definately good news. I wonder if they'll have some sort of opportunity to meet with Manson as he's been such an enormous petitioner for their day of justice.

Emma
08-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I have just been reading some news on this and it seems the state want to plea bargain - the WM3 plead guilty and they will be set free, but they will never be able to sue for wrongful imprisonment, or profit. Seems the state is more interested in saving face than finding the truth!

Shangri-LIE
08-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I have just been reading some news on this and it seems the state want to plea bargain - the WM3 plead guilty and they will be set free, but they will never be able to sue for wrongful imprisonment, or profit. Seems the state is more interested in saving face than finding the truth!

Interesting, and I'll look into it. Link? That's just another disgusting way the law works and an even more reprehensible way that a lot of DA's seek to preserve their jobs. It's a complete abomination to keep prisoners who have been convicted, but proven later to be innocent by experts and witnesses/the actual people who comitted the crime that have decided to come forward after a good decade or two. After some poor person has been languishing in prison for something they did not do.

Back to the WM3. Apparently only two of them will be released tomorrow after confessing to the crimes.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/west-memphis-three-2-will-go-free-august-19-2827143.html

08-18-2011, 07:40 PM
id be greatly happy to see them set free but the plea bargain is a bad joke. They will be forever branded as killers and there is a strong chance the real killer(s) would never be brought to justice

S.D.
08-18-2011, 07:52 PM
The 'what the cunt' value of this story right now seems immeasurable. I understand it equals freedom, but how in the name of fuck are these guys actually having to plead guilty in order to be released?

The Empirical Guy
08-18-2011, 09:39 PM

I was hopeful at first that they would finally get justice, but this a joke and a statement of how pathetic and corrupt the legal system can be. While they may get their physical freedom, they will be forever branded as killers, rather than getting the acknowledgment that they were done wrong. Just as importantly, if they are still classified as guilty, it means the real killer is still out there, having never served a day for their crimes.

Emma
08-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Sorry couldn't provide links last night as was typing on the ipad and about to go to bed.

It seems that some of the news stories are getting this a little wrong - there will be a plea - according to Lisa from the WM3 website - but it will be one that allows them to "maintain their innocence claim while admitting that prosecutors likely have enough evidence to win a conviction"

http://wm3org.typepad.com/blog/2011/08/apnewsbreak-deal-could-allow-3-men-to-maintain-innocence-claim-in-ark-boys-1993-deaths.html

T (http://wm3org.typepad.com/blog/2011/08/apnewsbreak-deal-could-allow-3-men-to-maintain-innocence-claim-in-ark-boys-1993-deaths.html)here's a gagging order on the case at the moment until it goes through but there's some good info. However I do not ever think there has been any evidence that could prove they did this - from what I have read the upcoming DNA trial would prove a person unconnected to the case was found to have been present at the scene.

A good place to keep up with news is here: http://www.wm3.org/Updates

Shangri-LIE
08-19-2011, 07:36 AM
We'll see come 11AM CT. I've already expressed my disdain for this plea agreement in here. All the state is concerned with is avoiding civil culpability for wrongful imprisonment. It's not just this case, it's the same in every case where someone has been found innocent after years and years of a wrongful conviction. The other thing I am suprised about is that it seems to be an almost obsolete story in the mainstream news circuit.

Norsefire
08-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Just updated this thread title to keep it up to date.

Well I was out today and was just scrolling twitter on my phone to read updates when the tweet came that they had been released which I think is great news. It's a shame they had to basically admit the crime to be freed, that was shitty. But they are free to get on with their lives now, which I think is great for them.

I just watched the press conference, if anyone's missed it, it's here: http://www.wmctv.com/story/15297059/plea-deal-could-set-west-memphis-3-free-friday

Christina
08-19-2011, 07:14 PM
The 'what the cunt' value of this story right now seems immeasurable. I understand it equals freedom, but how in the name of fuck are these guys actually having to plead guilty in order to be released?
This country is fucked up like that. We may have good ribs and chicken but our rules SUCK!

Emma
08-20-2011, 02:10 AM
Thanks for posting the press conference Norsefire - I was so annoyed how little coverage it was given in the UK especially given the noteriety of the case. You can see how hard it will be for these men to adjust to life outside and I am going to continue to support this because the fight goes on - these men must be exonerated fully, the State of Arkansas must hang it's head in shame and let's not forget those three little murdered boys - there has been no justice for the crimes committed against them

ThreeEyedGod
08-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Let's just hope they REALLY didn't do it